Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

As i said before his holiday test is only over half a season you need to do a full season before concluding anything

I already did a test of IFK and goals from corners, yes it was over half a season but it was far too many specially for the half way point in the season, this imbalance leads to too many goals being scored, it was the same as in FM11 the too many goals from corners and IFK led to, to many goals being scored in the league your playing in.

IE On the FM12 demo a team had 10 goals from corners half way through the season, realistically it's going to be up to at least 15 by the end of the season, far too many, posted a thread about it in the bugs forum anyway, and it appears SI know it's a problem and are fixing it. And it's not just one team, multiple teams have 6+ goals from corners half way through the season when perhaps 6 throughout a whole season is enough.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh? I can't find it. I'm looking for assistant feedback on the team talk screen.

Apologies if I'm being daft.

You have to click on your assistant manager, it's part of his profile.

I hardly played the last three Football Manager games because I didn't find it enjoyable. AI on match day was poor, very few options to chose from in team talks, had to trawl through many menus and the questions and and answers were very repetitive but this year the AI is a lot better and the graphics have come on a long way.

I like the team talk as I have more options on what I can say like and how the players respond from their body language, despite so many things that you can do and view in the game this time si have made it simple to keep up to date with everything.

I had a player who recieved a knock in the game and I got a note in screen telling me the % of the players fitness and do I wish to make a sub and having the players attributes etc on one screen much better.

I think this years football manager has put the enjoyment back into the game and you feel that the decisions you make have an effect on players and results. I can see myself playing the game into the early hours of the morning again.

One negative I think si have been lazy with some of the players attributes and not changed a lot of them as I feel Lennon, Young and Adam Johnson are better now and deserve their attributes updated.

I already did a test of IFK and goals from corners, yes it was over half a season but it was far too many specially for the half way point in the season, this imbalance leads to too many goals being scored, it was the same as in FM11 the too many goals from corners and IFK led to, to many goals being scored in the league your playing in.

IE On the FM12 demo a team had 10 goals from corners half way through the season, realistically it's going to be up to at least 15 by the end of the season, far too many, posted a thread about it in the bugs forum anyway, and it appears SI know it's a problem and are fixing it. And it's not just one team, multiple teams have 6+ goals from corners half way through the season when perhaps 6 throughout a whole season is enough.

Ok at least your providing proof of things and trying to get it sorted :thup:

Nope. Not a clue.

This is annoying now. Okay, I'm on the tactics screen, now where do I go, exactly?

Go to

staff --> Assistant Manager --> profile --> reports

click on your AM like clicking on a player to see his profile.

Go to

staff --> Assistant Manager --> profile --> reports

click on your AM like clicking on a player to see his profile.

But I just want to see his team reports before the game so I can give team talks accordingly. Are you telling me I can't do that?

But I just want to see his team reports before the game so I can give team talks accordingly. Are you telling me I can't do that?

That's on match preview before the team selection, there is a button "Opposition report".

Things that should have had some attention pre-release:

1) You can no longer double-click on a player in tactics to get to his player instructions. The same goes for team instructions when double-cliking the pitch.

2) In match 3D view, during a match: If you place the "player rating" pop-up-thingy to the far right of the screen, many of the small "i" icons won't work when you hover your mouse over them.

3) Why is it not possible to view the attribute-web-icon on the players home screen? We can view all other sorts of stuff, but not the easy at-a-glance web-graphics icon that many of us use to get a quick sense of strengths and weaknesses of a player.

4) Why is that web.icon still so small relative to the empty space around it?

5) Why can't we hover the mouse over the attributes-web-icon groups to have a pop-up telling us which stats are grouped within?

6) In my own squad view: When I want to filter for a left midfielder, why do I still have to click and un-click each

position and side box? Why is there no "remove/add all" box, so we are not forced to click ten times to show and unshow left midfielders?

7) Why can't I right click on any empty space and get a pop-up giving me easy shortcuts to any aresa I have specified beforehand? As of now, when I right click, nothing happens.

8) Why do you show the attribute "penalty kick" under the GK attributes? Shouldn't you rather show the more important "save penalty" attribute?

I do love the game though, have had for years and years, so KUTGW!

I'm not sure where to post this, so I will do it here.....

I downloaded the demo without any problems. I was able to launch it twice already and play a little bit. But now when I try to launch it again, nothing happens. The Steam window opens up and a smaller widow says that the demo is launching but the game doesn't start. I get no messages. I'm not sure what is going on or what is the problem exactly. All I know is that FM12 demo is not starting for me. BTW, I'm on Mac.

Am I supposed to go to Steam.exe and into "properties"? I can't find Steam.exe.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I will do it here.....

I downloaded the demo without any problems. I was able to launch it twice already and play a little bit. But now when I try to launch it again, nothing happens. The Steam window opens up and a smaller widow says that the demo is launching but the game doesn't start. I get no messages. I'm not sure what is going on or what is the problem exactly. All I know is that FM12 demo is not starting for me. BTW, I'm on Mac.

Am I supposed to go to Steam.exe and into "properties"? I can't find Steam.exe.

There is a thread for all steam issues, have a look there and post your issue.

I put the -small_screen -windowed command in my shortcut to FM 12 and it won't load. It gets through all the loading screens but then when it should come to the main sreen it just closes. I use this command as it helps to start the jerkyness of the match engine

Any suggestions?

i agree. fm2011 and as i could see fm2012 its too easy to play now. now football manager is a game for any 8 years old kid. they put to much tips. whats the meaning of having a tutorial?!

Ok, so just use your imagination and put yourself in the position of someone who loves football, but has never played this Football Manager thing before. Now do you see the point of having a tutorial? It's not like you have to use it if you consider yourself to be above such a thing.

It's really ridiculous that every player has continental reputations,even world-wide reputations. E.g coentrao, diego etc. World-wide and players even not capped or known have continental reputations. Will it be all the same or changed in the original version of the game?? I think it should be changed, it makes the game very very silly!!!! I really got bored while playing the game...

It's really ridiculous that every player has continental reputations,even world-wide reputations. E.g coentrao, diego etc. World-wide and players even not capped or known have continental reputations. Will it be all the same or changed in the original version of the game?? I think it should be changed, it makes the game very very silly!!!! I really got bored while playing the game...

Players from top clubs have usually continental reputation. Didi you found players from smaller clubs with continental reputation? If so post it in the data forum.

• Administrators
i agree. fm2011 and as i could see fm2012 its too easy to play now. now football manager is a game for any 8 years old kid. they put to much tips. whats the meaning of having a tutorial?!

So people who haven't played the game before are given guidance. The tutorial isn't really for experienced Football Manager gamers.

EYH Ackter, you closed that "difficulty level" discussion before I finished this answer, so here it is as per your suggestion:

There shouldn't be a difficulty slider that would reduce your options compared to that of the AI managers. That isn't a good option.

The AI team building, youth development and transfer logical systems should be improved so that the best managers are as good as the human managers can be.

So a 20 in Buying Players should mean that he knows all the tricks in the book. It would mean that his ability to assess the needs of his tactic and team depth is so good that he is able to use the information already available in the game just like the humans. This would require SI to use something else than the current CA-PA calculation + Reputation as a basis for AI decision making regarding signings. A possible solution would be to make comprehensive manager personalities where each of the categories included a list of prefered player types for each role. Coupled together with a similarly comprehensive "prefered tactics" system where each formation have a range of different roles connected to each position, this would make each manager look for specific player types that would fit into the roles they prefer with their tactic.

This requires the player roles of the TC (at least under the hood) to include all the attributes, not just the key ones. Not only will that prevent the AI from buying high-PA/Rep players which have awful attribute distribution, but since this would have to be incorporated into the player generation system it will also improve long-term games; preventing the inevitable quality drop. Since SI incorporates more and more attributes into their existing system already, they could as well just go the full length straight away imo.

Another necessary tweak would be that manager (and board) Ambition influences the likelyhood that they only sign players that are better than the one(s) they already have assigned to that role. More specifically, if a manager of Sheffield Wednesday/United in League One finds that his left winger is a "Good Player For Most League One Sides" they must know that this is not anywhere near good enough for a club fighting for promotion into the Championship. He should only sign players that are "Leading Star For Most League One sides" or better. This isn't happening in FM11 and I believe that is one of the main reasons for the lack of a challenge in long-term games.

peter utaka from ob,josip simunic,mateo kovacic,sime vrsaljko,mikkel thygesen etc.... also ath. mad is not a top club diego should not be world-wide he doesn't deserve to be world-wide he did not play well over the past year. even selcuk inan had a better season from diego so selcuk should have a higher reputation from worl-wide!!!

Why is it that as Liverpool, my home Premiership game with Stoke gets moved for television and I get £500,000 in TV money, but when my League Cup round 2 match away at Notts County gets moved for TV, I only get £16,000!!! Is that realistic??

is it just me or is the match view slower than in 11? i've got a 5*rating but it's sometimes jerky, sometimes the time only advances a few minutes and then stops. 8gb quad nvidia gt240

Thats odd. I only have a core2duo, 4 gb ram and a fairly average graphics card and the game is perfecly smooth for me. In fact I'd say it the best its been since the 3d was introduced. I'd try updating your graphics card drivers to see if that helps.

Fantastic, haven't been this impressed with a football manager game in years. Directors camera view is brilliant.

Yes I love this view as well. Its definitely the one I'll be using when my game finally arrives from amazon.

I tried doing the tutorials first . But after five attempts to do the tactics one i gave up as it sticks on the screen where it tells you to move players around and the only thing left to do is click exit tutorial and either start again or say stuff it.

Players from top clubs have usually continental reputation. Didi you found players from smaller clubs with continental reputation? If so post it in the data forum.

peter utaka from ob,josip simunic,mateo kovacic,sime vrsaljko,mikkel thygesen etc.... also ath. mad is not a top club diego should not be world-wide he doesn't deserve to be world-wide he did not play well over the past year. even selcuk inan had a better season from diego so selcuk should have a higher reputation from worl-wide!!! ALSO RYAN BABEL HAS BECOME WORLD-WIDE AT HOFFENHEIM!!!!!! IS IT REALISTIC????????????????????????????????????????????????*

One thing that should be said about difficulty levels getting "easier" - if you're finding the game easier than before, you've played previous versions.

If you've played previous versions you'll be familiar with certain techniques of management that have been successful for you and it's likely you're carrying this knowledge into the new games. I play the game less nowadays than I used to and at times I find the game a real challenge. When I played lots and lots I found it was a bit easier.

I don't really think the game has got easier. There's certainly been no changes implemented to create that effect. What has got easier is the way in which you can interact and have easier control over what you're doing than in past versions. Any game you play lots of you'll find you get better at, or become more comfortable with. I don't really see why FM is different in this respect.

BTW, the demo crashed once today. It happened when the match loaded. Have you recieved many reports of the ME causing crashes?

Not many - could you ensure you have up to date graphics card drivers? If you do, head on over to the Bugs forum - either Technical & Crashes or Match Engine, post your DxDiag and upload a save game from before the match that crashes for you. We'll take it from there. :thup:

Not many - could you ensure you have up to date graphics card drivers? If you do, head on over to the Bugs forum - either Technical & Crashes or Match Engine, post your DxDiag and upload a save game from before the match that crashes for you. We'll take it from there. :thup:

This computer is from the Pleistocene. I will do that if I experience the same with my own computer.

I don't usually give positive feedback but one match in the game looks great! I am confused as to why my graphics rating is only one star though and I can't use all features because I just bought it recently. it is the nvidia Gigabyte, any ideas?

the demo is definately persuading me to pre-order the full game, if i can take my attention away from the demo for 2 minutes!

again if anyone can help me with the graphics card problem?

peter utaka from ob,josip simunic,mateo kovacic,sime vrsaljko,mikkel thygesen etc.... also ath. mad is not a top club diego should not be world-wide he doesn't deserve to be world-wide he did not play well over the past year. even selcuk inan had a better season from diego so selcuk should have a higher reputation from worl-wide!!! ALSO RYAN BABEL HAS BECOME WORLD-WIDE AT HOFFENHEIM!!!!!! IS IT REALISTIC????????????????????????????????????????????????*

Babel was in Liverpool before and that gives a player a world-wide recognition. If you are already known continental or world-wide it does not matter in which club you are playing. It takes some time to be forgotten. Jari Littmanen has still a world-wide reputation, even if he is playing in a small finnish club for years. :)

Nice to see that the match engine still makes it near impossible to get an average of 60 percent possession or more, even with one the best midfield's ever to step on a pitch FFS!

Now this I disagree with completely. I'm regularly restricting the opposition to 30-45% possession with only a few shots on goal.

Can't do it without an anchorman DM though, my intention is to do it with a 442 but I haven't succeeded yet.

Have you got your assistant to take control of team talks?

No I do all the team talks but he suggests what to say. Then its up to me to deliver it in the various tones with the options that are available. He might say that the team need a bit of gentle encouragement, so I go to calm talk and say your doing well keep it up.

He does suggest what he thinks at half time and full time then you use that as your basis for responses or interpret it as you feel and depending on how you feel the game went and the players performed!

That's what I'm talking about. In FM11 if you select the Ass Man to take control of team talks, he only does so at start of game, not half time and you have the option.

At the moment I can't choose if I want to say something at half time and at full time.

The team talks are absolutely awful. It's gone beyond micro management from what I can tell. So if I'm getting this right - The assman gives a team talk, then I can give a team talk for the mid/def or forwards and then I can give team talks individually? Seriously? Am I missing something or has it gone that ott?

Totally optional.. you dont have to click on everything.

That's what I'm talking about. In FM11 if you select the Ass Man to take control of team talks, he only does so at start of game, not half time and you have the option.

At the moment I can't choose if I want to say something at half time and at full time.

Let me check but I think even though the assman suggests what to say, you can ignore and say nothing both at half time and full time. He might suggest what you should be saying but does not actually say it, if you decide to say nothing, which I have done re freindlies then thats' it? Hope that makes sense?

I will try putting assman on teamtalks as well to see what happens.

Archived