Plan for 5th November

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd nov: Inter will destroy spurs in london.

3rd nov: Josè will destroy Milan in san siro.

4th nov: go bed very very very early (i won't watch europa league games). (juve will lose the game)

5th nov: 2am wake up, wait that steam activate the game, and play for 16-18 hours.

2nd nov: Inter will destroy spurs in london.3rd nov: Josè will destroy Milan in san siro.

4th nov: go bed very very very early (i won't watch europa league games). (juve will lose the game)

5th nov: 2am wake up, wait that steam activate the game, and play for 16-18 hours.

The mighty Spurs will make this prediction a false one!!

Anyway, seeing as I'm the boss, I'll be giving myself the day off and playing FM as much as humanly possible.

cant get the game until exams finish which will be anywhere from the 11th-16th :(

so the plan is

at the end of my last exam run home then quickly grab my wallet run to the shop buy the game take the tram home and spend all day and night playing the game untill i go back too school on the 17th till the 19th but then its 2 and a half months of FM :D

Hello!

I was just wondering what everyone has got planned for the day of release, anyone doing anything in particular?

My plan is as follows...

Book the day off work...check

Put my suit on (As that's the kind of manager I am)

Meet up with a few friends in a cafe for breakfast where the draw is going to take place as to who we're managing (Decided on Prem sides, except for Man U, Citeh, Chelski, Arsenal and Blackpool to keep it more even (the draw will be from Kinder eggs to add a touch of CL atmosphere to the draw)).

Go to friends flat and hopefully play out a whole season during the day with copious amounts of junk food and cheap scotch being consumed!

That's my day...what's yours?

Kinder eggs! LOL awesome! Can see it now.....

"number 39.......Stoke City"

"...will play..."

"....toy dinosaur....!"

I have almost two weeks off from Oct 28, which was why I was quietly hoping FM11 was going to come out then. Will be down tesco at midnight Thursday night to queue up. I say queue up but there was only 1 other guy waiting for the game last yr.

Will stock up on snacks and drinks. Straight home to install and get set up for first season. Will have a good sleep so I'm refreshed then on FM for probably at least 12 hrs straight.

I think I am going to book an extra day off work in 2nd week to enjoy it more. Have also informed my gf of the date its coming out and my intentions and that its best to see more of me before it comes out!! All I have to do is go to local fireworks thing on Sat

I have the game on pre-order. So that's nice.

I'll plenty of time to enjoy the game. I'll probably buy the game and leave it running on holiday over the weekend.

Have a check to see who won "player of the year" and all that and work out the most expensive players by their year of birth - take note of them.

Then on the Monday - I'll start a new game with some nice team to manage - and snap up all the 14-17 year old youth players that were worth a lot or won lots of awards in their future career.

I like to call this "Future Gaming". I don't always particularly like the new version and it takes me a while to get used to it.

I won't start a real New Game until the first patch is rolled out.

2nd nov: Inter will destroy spurs in london.

3rd nov: Josè will destroy Milan in san siro.

Damnnnnn i cant believe but im going to do the same Forzaaaa Interrrr.....

Wake up

get daughter to daycare

go to school

get daughter from daycare

go home

play with daughter

eat dinner

put daughter to bed

play fm for 1-2 hours

go to bed (perhaps wife some "attention" ;) )

You go to school but have a daughter and wife? Teacher?

I'll be playing FM11 all day on the 5th but I'll have been playing it for at least 24 hours already, probably 48 hours...

How...I hear you ask?

One of my local game retailers never fails to sell games early, providing they get them delivered early that is.

They virtually always only have deliveries on Monday's and Wednesday's...Last year, FM10 was in my hands two days early and the year before that.

• Pre-order it from shopto tomorrow

• Maybe get it a day early or on the day.

• Get the bus to go to school at Approximately 8:08am then eagerly anticipate getting that package off my mum or dad.

• Play it :)

I will be avoiding this forum (and all the poor grammar / spelling that goes with it), as no doubt it will be overloaded by people complaining about bugs, boasting about winning a league on the first day or just saying LOL a lot.

I have the game on pre-order. So that's nice.

I'll plenty of time to enjoy the game. I'll probably buy the game and leave it running on holiday over the weekend.

Have a check to see who won "player of the year" and all that and work out the most expensive players by their year of birth - take note of them.

Then on the Monday - I'll start a new game with some nice team to manage - and snap up all the 14-17 year old youth players that were worth a lot or won lots of awards in their future career.

I like to call this "Future Gaming". I don't always particularly like the new version and it takes me a while to get used to it.

I won't start a real New Game until the first patch is rolled out.

Sorry to pick your post of the bunch but this sort of thing really annoys me.

I wont play a game until the patch is out etc. you have NO idea if the game is going to even need a patch. Granted it probably will as almost all games do but its just rediculous that people are already complaining about the game before it is out!

A quick question on your gaming style, do you find it enjoyable to holiday and see who turns out great so you can buy them? To me i would get no satisfaction at all from it, i much prefer to sign them as youngsters etc not knowing how they will turn out?

Again, i am sorry to single your post out but it was the most recent one to imply a patch is needed for a game that isnt released yet :)

I wont play a game until the patch is out etc. you have NO idea if the game is going to even need a patch. Granted it probably will as almost all games do but its just rediculous that people are already complaining about the game before it is out!

A quick question on your gaming style, do you find it enjoyable to holiday and see who turns out great so you can buy them? To me i would get no satisfaction at all from it, i much prefer to sign them as youngsters etc not knowing how they will turn out?

Again, i am sorry to single your post out but it was the most recent one to imply a patch is needed for a game that isnt released yet :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This

I agree with your post in every way apart from one:

http://how-to-spell-ridiculous.com/

Well for me it's a sad and happy day the 5th of November :\

Me and my girlfriend bought tickets to theater and we were eagerly waiting for our postponed "show" (help me whit this). Yesterday I just had a hunch at the ticket office we were told that the "show" will be held someday in November. Soo, I phoned them to see if they have any specific day....and yes 5th of November. As I want to go badly to the theater, my game plan for the day is changed to this:

- 7:00 Get up

- 8:00 Work starts

- 16:00 Work ends

- 16:05 Stuck in traffic

- 17:00 Take a shower, shave, get ready and stuff

- 17:35 Stuck in traffic

- 18:30 Stare at my girlfriend with the look : "You had the whole day and how on Earth that you still don't know what will you wear?????"

- 19:05 - 19:10 Arrive late

- 22:00 Girlfriends apartment

- 00:00 Hopefully Home and downloading the game, if not then I'm sleeping at here place or shes at mine.

Ohh well maybe Saturday or Sunday I can get a quiet 2-3 hours

I will be avoiding this forum (and all the poor grammar / spelling that goes with it), as no doubt it will be overloaded by people complaining about bugs, boasting about winning a league on the first day or just saying LOL a lot.

This :thup:

This is just my view on the game after playing it since the very first version

I bet you a pickle it will need to be patched.

There's always something.

Look - the game is great, but it doesn't reflect the real world - in which it should. Even hiring a team of coaches is so nightmarish. You have no idea how many stars they go up to for a given training scenario until you hire them. You're given bogged out stats that mean nothing. Only because I've played for a long time I know that certain stats add up to 7 stars. But I shouldn't have to have any prior gaming knowledge to know that a coach will give 7 stars. As noob to the game (and I'm not I'm just saying noobs should) not have to rely on these silly stats to hire a few coaches that can do a top job. Your assistant manager or whatever could come to you and say "The position of the coaches gave a good response "Mr. X" would give you 5 stars in Shooting training". It's absolutely crazy if you're a noob to the game.

So I have a bit of fun with the game. I start a game. I Save it. I do a Save As. I holiday the duplicate game for a while just to see who things turn out in say 10 - 15 seasons. Then I roll back to the original game and buy some of the better players.

Again it's just for a bit of fun. I play games for fun. That's how I get my kicks.

There's no guarantee that the players I know about from the Future Game actually will be any good in my game. It depends on how and when I play them etc.

But I'm of the opinion that you start playing this game as a complete blind manager. Any manager in the premiership, la liga, serie A etc. would know who the up and coming world stars are and what club they play for. Your Scouts should already have a built up knowledge of certain players - common knowledge. But this doesn't happen - you start a game and the scout reports are blank.

The Board might as well have picked a management team that came off the street and knew nothing about the footballing world.

Even in real life - and I'm not a football manager, I'm a fan - I know who the top young players are in say the top 3 teams in England, Spain, Italy are. I know because it's common knowledge. You don't need to have an insight to the football world to know that.

So yeh - I progress the game a few seasons have a look at who's who and I roll back to the start of the game in 2010/2011 season and I know have, what I consider, common knowledge about players.

I'm quite happy to start a new game at some point when I'm comfortable with the new game, there is going to be a bedding in period with the New Football Manager where you get used to the new features so why not have some fun with it and buy some World Class youngsters and have a laugh?

I'm not one for buying the same players when I start a new game though. I absolutely see no point, I might as well have continued on my previous game. So any new game I start after the patches are rolled out are completely as most people play them. Going in blind and making the most of things.

And there will be patches, I await in glory for my pickle.

Hello!

I was just wondering what everyone has got planned for the day of release, anyone doing anything in particular?

That's my day...what's yours?

I think I'll watch the Bundesliga match on the evening with some mates in a bar and then continue having a few pints before going to bed :p

Won't buy FM11 ;)

It'll be my birthday, so i've already booked the evening off work.

I *should* be inviting some friends round for dinner and some drinks. It's rare enough for me to get a Friday night off that I'm sort of expected to do something when I do.

I might just spend the day playing FM in my dressing gown, letting the other half look after the kids, cook dinner and generally spoil me for a day, then stumble into bed at 1am after a couple of ciders and a fair few seasons under my belt.

I have the 5th and 8th off work so I'll be trying to convince my partner to look after our 1 month old daughter all day Friday at the price of me having to do all the night feeds on fri / sat / sun

Why do the 2 most addictive games of the year have to come out within 4 days of eachother!? I'm going to torn between Black Ops and FM2011. But from the 5th to the 8th it will be FM all the way. :)

Its funny how things fall into place. I booked the 5th off work and thought I would get a couple of hours to play without my girlfriend bugging me, but....

She is going to be working all day and prob most of the evening so that gives me all day to play. So ill get up and go to the gym to get back in time for the post and then game on.

Stare at my girlfriend with the look : "You had the whole day and how on Earth that you still don't know what will you wear?????"

You'll have to PM me a pic as to how that look goes, so I can nail it down as I seem to find myself in this situation often :|

Me and my girlfriend bought tickets to theater and we were eagerly waiting for our postponed "show" (help me whit this). Yesterday I just had a hunch at the ticket office we were told that the "show" will be held someday in November. Soo, I phoned them to see if they have any specific day....and yes 5th of November. As I want to go badly to the theater, my game plan for the day is changed to this:

- 18:30 Stare at my girlfriend with the look : "You had the whole day and how on Earth that you still don't know what will you wear?????"

- 00:00 Hopefully Home and downloading the game, if not then I'm sleeping at here place or shes at mine.

Get it downloading whilst your out at the theatre :thup:

if you are going the steam route you can pre-download and get all the files ready for launch day

i do this everytime it saves heaps of time

Archived