Who are you following now?

brett.spurs

Holland for money and the football they can play

Germany becuase i'm impressed by this team and also how Germany always manage to do well on the international stage regardless (England take note)

Japan for me. The guile and exuberence they showed the other day against Denmark was wonderful to see. I'll be keeping an eye on Ghana and, being half-Dutch, Holland as well.

Mexico as I'm eagerly watching to see how Javier Hernandez looks. I'm trying to get at least some enjoyment and optimism from watching a United player perform on the big stage!

Gringos :(

I'll go with Uruguay now then, I love Diegol, plus I have money on them to win the whole thing - hopefully haven't jinxed that.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean with "gringos"?

The Mexicans aren't gringos if it's what you mean, they use this word to refer to Americans mostly, in other places (like Brazil) we use it to refer to any person.

Isn't it? :o I'm sure I've heard people refer to Mexicans as that. Oh well.

They were robbed anyhow :(

Yes, it is, those people misused the term, ex: if you watch the Mexican league, you'll see that Herculez Gomez and José Francisco Torres, who are both from the USA (but with Mexican origin) are referred to as "gringo" all the time.

Archived