• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About GillsMan


  • Biography

About Me

  • About Me
    Crawley Town Researcher (don't judge)


  • Interests
    The lucid tones of Bobby Digital

Favourite Team

  • Favourite Team
  1. Thanks KUBI - I have provided a save from before the match in any case.
  2. Nah, it's not the manager's job to select the kit.
  3. Daryl Horgan plays for Dundalk - after a few impressive games his agent asks for an improved contract which I agree to. However, his agent says he's not that interested in joining the club. Suggest this should be reworded to "not that interested in extending his contract".
  4. Moved to UI forum from ME forum.
  5. Hi, spotted two issues: kit clash with Coventry at home to Newcastle, and I noticed that although the colour of the squad numbers matched Newcastle's third kit, the players on the pitch were wearing the second strip for Newcastle (which clashed with Coventry's home kit). Screenshots below. Save game saved to FTP folder as GillsMan Kit Clash. PKM saved to FTP folder as Gillsman Cov - Newc Kit Clash. Hope that helps.
  6. need info

    When setting up the game, did you tick the option to not allow humans to take over clubs that already have managers?
  7. FM08, I got Gillingham promoted to the Premier League (after managing clubs such as Arsenal, PSV, AC Milan for a few seasons). First game of the PL season was at home to Chelsea and Morten Nielsen, an ex-Chelsea youth teamer was in my squad. Despite banging in the goals in L1 and the Championship, he was only a squad player in pre-season. The game was 0-0 after 78 minutes. I brought him on and in the 92nd minute he scored from the edge of the area to make it 1-0 and win the game. No, not the biggest giant killing, but it was the most romantic result I had.
  8. In many leagues, you can only recall during the transfer window unfortunately. I too discovered this when loaning out a player who'd already played for two clubs that season, and thus was ineligible for his loan club.
  9. Whoosh! Yeah, Jamman and Klyemann had it spot on. Your version makes no financial sense whatsoever! Don't give up the dayjob!
  10. Geekiest. Thread. Ever.
  11. Yeah, let's not resort to calling people idiots, eh? Especially as my post was clearly partly in jest (I'm obviously not going to ban anyone who thinks W8 is good, and I thought this was obvious enough not to warrant a safety smiley). The Metro interface is pretty horrible though. But we're waaaaay off topic here, so let's not continue this here, eh? But yeah, play nicely and let's not resort to calling people idiots, OK?
  12. W8 is awful on a PC. Anyone who disagrees with me on this will be banned from this forum for life.
  13. What themadsheep2001 said tbh. You've raised this on SI's forums, the director of SI has responded, I can't see where this thread is going to go from here. Look, SI don't set the pricing. Of course a developer cares about piracy, and I think you'll find that many developers outsource sales (and pricing) to publishing companies in much the same was as SI do with Sega. Your issue is with Sega/Steam, therefore, and I suggest you take it up with them. I have some sympathy of course, Adobe regularly take the mick with their straight dollar-to-pound pricing of their products, meaning those paying in pounds pay significantly more and that certainly annoys me; but regardless, you're not addressing your frustrations at the correct source.
  14. True, but as I said, a 54% majority in favour of 64-bit users is no where near a large enough majority to ask those using 32-bit to jump through hoops to get the game to work IMO.
  15. Eugene is pretty much correct tbf. FM12 doesn't use more than 2Gb, so there isn't a solid business case for going to 64-bit IMO. If you make FM 64-bit, then those running a 32-bit OS have to use WOW32 or virtualisation and, let's be fair, that's not going to appeal to many users. In March 2012, a Steam survey showed that a majority of users were using 64-bit - but only a marginal majority: 54%. That leaves 46% of users using 32-bit versions of the OS (assuming no 16-bit users!!). So if SI were to release FM 64-bit, they'd have to allow users to choose 32-bit or 64-bit. Given that the vast majority of PCs are purchased with Windows already pre-installed, the majority of users aren't familiar with making this choice. I don't think we need to alienate, or make life difficult for, a majority of gamers for frankly marginal (if any) benefit at this stage. 64-bit FM will be with us in the future, for sure, but personally I'd be surprised if it was before FM15.