Little FM things that annoy you...

47 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

It's under Home ==> Promises

My current annoyance is the lottery when you tell a player you're pleased with his training performances. Either he's pleased, and his morale goes right up, or he's annoyed and it's the most devastating thing ever!

Similar to that you tell a young player on loan that he's progressing well and you're pleased , he then goes on a moan about being stuck in a lower league team with rubbish facilities, eh? You're 17 year old prospect learning your trade shut up and get on with it.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

It's under Home ==> Promises

My current annoyance is the lottery when you tell a player you're pleased with his training performances. Either he's pleased, and his morale goes right up, or he's annoyed and it's the most devastating thing ever!

I had my first negative reaction to the training comment ever this past season. I got the - I don't want to go over this again - comment. Suffice it to say that guy doesn't get complimented again

22 hours ago, monobloko said:

That A-squad players in La Liga play one friendly for the B-squad, which makes the history looks terrible, look at Ferland Mendy or Carvajal for an example:

image.thumb.png.e3fd4a21d7ee6ce840f54a702f658c61.pngimage.thumb.png.09c32dafe88609e5238c297cdf7e4367.png

Cant stand this and makes me not wanting to loan my players out to La liga-clubs

That irritates me as well! It just makes the history look horrible

On 10/09/2020 at 11:17, monobloko said:

That A-squad players in La Liga play one friendly for the B-squad, which makes the history looks terrible, look at Ferland Mendy or Carvajal for an example:

image.thumb.png.e3fd4a21d7ee6ce840f54a702f658c61.pngimage.thumb.png.09c32dafe88609e5238c297cdf7e4367.png

Cant stand this and makes me not wanting to loan my players out to La liga-clubs

Or in the french league where it's the Reserves who play in the lower leagues. You might see a player with an amazing record, only to realize it was with the Reserves...

On 12/09/2020 at 07:00, Solstad1069 said:

The sound quality in this game. So sad when clicking the box sound off is the first thing you have to do in a 2020 game. 
Correct me if im wrong, but i think the matchday sounds we hear are more than 15 years old, its just lazy SI.

Honestly never occurred to me that anyone plays with the sound on.

18 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

My board is giving me a B- for performance.  They're upset that I haven't increased commercial revenue.  They won't agree to an affiliate club to increase my overseas profile, which is as far as I know the only thing I can do to affect this.

I just got that for my upcoming season club vision goals - and managed to remove it - but it is also tied into overseas training camps and signing high reputation/marquee players, as I had them both in club vision (sign hi rep players + increase commercial revenue).

I'm a bit annoyed I didn't get it last season, as I signed a wonderkid from Hong Kong, who was picked as my best signing of the season at the end of the year and figured he'd have counted in that.

Edited by CaptCanuck

Just now, CaptCanuck said:

I just got that for my upcoming season club vision goals - and managed to remove it - but it is also tied into overseas training camps and signing high reputation/marquee players, as I had them both in club vision (sign hi rep players + increase commercial revenue).

Yeah, I thought high reputation players would help (which I have!  I think). 

Also: The Community Shield is a friendly.  It is not a forking trophy.  Virgil van Dijk is not "living the dream of many a supporter as he lifted the Community Shield".  It might be a very slightly more important friendly, as it usually is between two Premier League teams (and usually between two good Premier League teams) fairly close to the beginning of the season, but it's not a trophy.  It's extremely silly that it's treated as such.

^Similar to that, the not really fussed loose ball watching. Typically after a cleared corner or other rushed clearance, the player is maybe 20yds from the ball and just watches as the opposition player pegs it over from 40yds away and then only starts trying when the player is past him. I don't care what mentality or role they are on, if there is an easy ball to get you get it.

1. Sub goalie never gets a medal because he never plays enough 5 matches, the same for sub players in a super cup (if they are not substituted)

2. The whole signing process is far too easy and simple. You can easily have a deal in one nego session, sometimes I'd like to slow it down like making an enquiry, tell the press that you're interested or make an offer and wait for them to respond. On top of that, the board management doesn't participate much in the process which is not realistic to me.

3. Far too many goals from corners, my Martial got like 5-6 goals from corners in 1st season. I mean, come on, the dude hasn't even had one goal in 5 years in real life.

4. Finding new players is a piece of cake due to the search and filter system. The scouts are not really neccessary.

5. Rating for goalkeeper is a bit off, normally their average is below 7.00 even that's a wordy and have 85% saves percentage.

6. The same for player who missed a pen. Also, the player who was fouled and got the team a penalty doen't have enough credit. So, if he creates the penalty and he missed it, suddenly he's the worst player on the pitch.

16 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Also: The Community Shield is a friendly.  It is not a forking trophy.  Virgil van Dijk is not "living the dream of many a supporter as he lifted the Community Shield".  It might be a very slightly more important friendly, as it usually is between two Premier League teams (and usually between two good Premier League teams) fairly close to the beginning of the season, but it's not a trophy.  It's extremely silly that it's treated as such.

It is a trophy

Stupid questions in press conferences. For example I won a derby game at a fairly crucial part of the season and the first question in the post match presser was about a player at another club being put on the transfer list. In what circumstance would that ever happen? I can't image Geoff Shreeves on Sky Sports going "Well Pep, massive win today in the derby but can I ask you about Chris Wilder putting Oli McBurnie on the transfer list?"

Also on a similar theme, the pre game interviews. They also seem to be filled with daft questions. I don't mind doing them but at least keep the questions vaguely related to the match that is about to be played. Again sticking with the Pep analogy. "So Pep, big game today but firstly what do you think about the pressure on David Moyes at West Ham?" These kind of things might be asked at the end of an interview/press conference. Not as the main thing.

Also as in international manager the constant questions about a player having a dilemma about which country to play for when 9 times out of 10 they won't ever get anywhere near selection.

9 horas atrás, Marabak disse:

Arsenal coming in with a bid of 50% of a very happy key player's value who is currently happy and has 4 years left on his contract...

...Then that said player just crashes down, even if they were very satisfied with staying at your club. Yeah...

Edited by shimera

On 18/09/2020 at 23:59, Tomtheowl95 said:

Stupid questions in press conferences. For example I won a derby game at a fairly crucial part of the season and the first question in the post match presser was about a player at another club being put on the transfer list. In what circumstance would that ever happen? I can't image Geoff Shreeves on Sky Sports going "Well Pep, massive win today in the derby but can I ask you about Chris Wilder putting Oli McBurnie on the transfer list?"

Also on a similar theme, the pre game interviews. They also seem to be filled with daft questions. I don't mind doing them but at least keep the questions vaguely related to the match that is about to be played. Again sticking with the Pep analogy. "So Pep, big game today but firstly what do you think about the pressure on David Moyes at West Ham?" These kind of things might be asked at the end of an interview/press conference. Not as the main thing.

Also as in international manager the constant questions about a player having a dilemma about which country to play for when 9 times out of 10 they won't ever get anywhere near selection.

I cant stand press conferences, i end up sending my assistant for everyone now because of those type of things. Its irrelevant and repetative.

This: 

Things that don't really exist in RL:

- Fullbacks who have no idea how to play as a wingback. Wingbacks who have no idea how to play as wingers. Even more ridiculously, players best described as 'wingbacks' in terms of their role but who are considered incompetent if played in the actual wingback position and not DL/R.

- Natural attacking central midfielders who have no idea how to play as attacking midfielders

- Natural AMR's who have no idea how to play at MR. Natural wingers at MR who don't where to begin as wingers at AMR. Literally the same job with less defending.

- Defensively talented MC's who have no idea how to operate at DM. Classy DMs who have zero awareness how to play in the midfield line. Halfbacks who can't play at the back.

- Inside forwards who are clueless up front. Strikers who have zero clue what to do as inside forwards.

- Creative deep-lying forwards who become totally incompetent when asked to be shadow strikers or play in the hole.

Etc. etc. etc... Not just a bit awkward in most cases, but actually incompetent. Clueless. You move your MC to DM and he has the same level of familiarity as if you'd put a striker there, unless he goes on an 8-month training course and plays there every week.

RL football is also full of examples of players being asked to play in a new position and just taking to it - even blossoming - because their attributes made them suited to it and they had no idea themselves. It doesn't necessarily take more than a few training sessions for a player to more or less understand his new job, and certainly isn't some mystical journey that takes months / years. Here is what I want you to do because you seem to have all the skills for it ---> training, a few games ----> Roger. There might be small aspects of the job, tricks of the trade, that sink in over time (say, the journey from accomplished to natural) but the journey from a bit clueless to pretty damn good needn't take longer than a few weeks if the attributes are there.

The positional familiarity graphics in FM should look a lot less like a dot on a pitch and a lot more like a heat map, which should be able to change quite rapidly if a remotely intelligent, able player is asked to perform and train at new tasks. Philippe Lahm being asked to tuck in and play as an inverted fullback for example. This was a player confronted with an entirely new, made-up role, let alone asked to perform in a different position, but because he was intelligent and had the skillset, he carried it out brilliantly, straight away. To suggest that a DLF asked to take up a slightly different position and defend a bit more requires a year of education not to be 'awkward' at it is just bizarre.

20 minutes ago, GianniM said:

Players ruining a free kick by just passing it backwards. 

And then the next pass is always going to the center backs who are running back to take on their positions, they don't have a clue what to do with the ball up front so they just lose it

Just now, GianniM said:

The fact that you can't let a player follow a revalidation programme when he's doing a leadership course. 

And the fact that such course has never been successful with any of my players... yet I keep trying it :lol:

On 23/09/2020 at 09:55, silentwars said:

Sure it has been mentioned but during a match when a player runs through defense and shoots from a tight angle, even though he could pass to a team mate to tap into the net. Seems to happen quite a lot in my saves.

The lack of cutbacks is definitely a thing - although if they did come off with regularity it could lead to some really lopsided scores against lesser competition. That said it's still annoying to have the players and tactic to have those situations and not see the fruits of our labour.

On 22/09/2020 at 09:32, oblongata21 said:

I cant stand press conferences, i end up sending my assistant for everyone now because of those type of things. Its irrelevant and repetative.

They are and to be honest I would love an option where you could just remove them from the game. I know you can send the assistant but I'd like to just have the option to either have them or not, like attribute masking.

Players passing countless 1-2s between each other without any attempt to create space or move off the ball, whether it's from themselves or another player.

Kind of hard to explain: The movement of players on the pitch feeling almost like air hockey, they're slow to decelerate and a defending player can be pulled out of position by the player they're marking too easily, so it looks sort of like a pendulum swinging or jelly wobbling, meaning the defensive structure doesn't feel rigid enough. Of course, the attacking team can rarely take advantage of that...

Tunnel interviews are my latest annoyance. I understand the importance of press conferences and I like that I see the press conference summary and player reaction to my answers, but tunnel interviews doesn't look to have effect to the game and when I'm all set in the dressing rooms (opponent instructions,, team talk and tactical tweaks) I want to move on to the game, not being stop by some stupid journalist who has never asked me any interesting question and declines to understand why I'm fielding my first-choice right-back who is in good form.

5th favourites for the title pre-season, finished second - only being out of the running for the title after the penultimate match.  End of season round up has our season as 'largely dismal' and 'toiling in the relegation zone' when we never dropped out of the top 4 from about week 6.  The board wanted us to challenge for the title, but we got 16 points more than the previous season, so I'm not quite sure what this review is all about?

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

8 hours ago, ampoliros said:

Here's my biggest pet peeve:

This happens to me well over half the time.  When the oppositions scores, the scorer runs into my net, picks up the ball, then sprints with the ball towards center field.

That's a good sign, it means you are still winning...

On 08/08/2020 at 16:30, ExeChris said:

Half way through the season, doing ok if not spectacularly, just below half way.  Then suddenly none of the strikers can shoot, keeper decides to dive over shots straight at him, defenders clear balls straight (and I mean they move there before the kick / header is made) to opponents and midfielders decide passing to their own team is pointless. 

Keeper knocks every kick straight to the opponents right midfielder (instructions say aim for target man) and we start taking throw ins direct to their player without any of ours being within 5 yards of him?

I don't know how a team (top league in Chile) can suddenly not be able to play football at all? 

Do tactics still get "hacked" if you only use the same formation all the time? Meaning the AI will judge that your tactic has been "read" by the opposition and render it pretty much useless.  

Doesnt happen to AI teams of course who can play the same formation for decades. 

January transfer updates...

And I realise how mad I may sound when trying to explain but for realism sake I can never get into a single game from a transfer update and beyond and its the smallest little thing.

Career stats. 

Sure, if I was to start in say July 2019 then career stats up until January 2020 would make little sense, but considering you go into the editor and they're available and clear to see for the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Erling Haaland etc etc, theres absolutely no point in loading up a save say late pre season China 2020, for the players to have been transferred at the correct time so their new team stats are somewhat realistic, but for their previous club they didn't play a game for 6 months.

I know its not something that can ever be sorted out properly, without FM keeping leagues and results as close to real life as possible for accuracy and the sheer amount of editing time that would take, but its little things that annoy me and right now I'm bugged that Haaland would move for 17.25 million after playing 2 league games in 12 months :p.

Your striker fails to play in the winger who's clean through on goal to seal a deserved win. That's ok though as you're 3-2 up at home to Bayern having just got a late winner from a corner, have your shut up shop' tactic deployed and deep into stoppage time...

Bayern.png

On 25/09/2020 at 03:45, GianniM said:

Players trying to score a header from the edge of the box

How many times have you posted on this thread? It seems like you’re almost half the posts, and you’re quoting yourself like you’re someone else.

On 07/07/2020 at 14:58, twattyatkins said:

This annoyed me just last night. I play the LLM way so always advertise for staff vacanies. I put an advert in for a Assistant Manager,  and the best candidate to apply said he didn't want to join because he was retiring from football. Why apply then?!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hate to bring it back to transfers, but sometimes things just aren't logical. Reiss Nelson is out on loan at Tenerife (played 15 games by Jan) and was loaned to Verona last season (and played 35). He would be a good fit for me and his contract is ended at the end of the season. I can't sign him on an "end of contract" deal yet due to the stupid rules in English football, but other teams are sniffing around from abroad to sign him. I enquire with Arsenal how much they'd like for me to buy him in Jan, and they want £25m (his value is currently £10.5m). They won't budge on it, even if I change the transfer date to the end of the season.

So in-game Arsenal would rather let a player they currently have out on loan leave for free at the end of the season rather than get some sort of compensation for him. I'd vaguely understand if they were getting a free from Tenerife, but they aren't getting anything other than wage contributions.

The way player ratings are calculated is absolutely broken. My goalkeeper just lost me the game by gifting 3 goals to my opponents, I get ready to lay into him and what do I see, he's on a 7.00 rating. I'm on extended highlights and I didn't see him make a save. The worst thing is that I've had this complaint for as long as I can remember

Conversation history: Jun 9,2020 my captain comes to me with, "Some of the lads feel that the squad lacks depth in the defender area; we could really do with a few additions here."

At that time, I already had one foreign transfer lined up, so it was an easy "I'll be looking to delve into the transfer market before too long, don't worry about it."

I also added another solid backup.

The convo never mentioned anything about 1st team, and the options available to me, the one I chose was the only option available which meant I was shopping for more players.  Nevermind the fact that I only had around $200K room under the salary cap to play with - funny how you're never able to mention team finances in these conversations!

So, I added 2 very solid players to lend depth at center back and right wing back.

Then, Aug 6, 2020 the captain is upset I didn't strengthen the 1st team squad and is looking at options....