Jump to content

Little FM things that annoy you...


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, FedAt said:

sending your best scout (19/19) to scout Denmark (or similar country) for few months with 100% of knowledge of this country to receive report with just Christensen who play for Chelsea

That is funny. I had a scout out in the APAC region and his best 'find' was an Australian guy already playing at Inter Milan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Penalties. Plain an simple. No matter how good the key stats for penalties. More often than not my players miss them. No amount of extra pen training solves it. Just seems set in stone that more often than not the balance is firmly in the gk favour when in reality it’s the other way round. 
 

the EU rules coming into play in the uk on fm19 an 20 when in reality I’ve heard little about them to be fair. 
 

Getting jobs I deserve. I play journeyman saves starting low down. Now I don’t expect Barcelona to appointment 1 year in at Aldershot. However if I’ve walked the national league despite predicted mid table, then immediately walk league 2 at a breeze on minimal money, I’d at least expect a high league 1 club to be sniffing, let alone a championship club. Just seems everyone turns their nose up for the latest big Sam, David moyes or who ever is available at the time. I intentionally only sign one year deals in first few years of saves in the hope the compo doesn’t put teams off. Just seems to be a way of life on consistent fm releases. Would just like someone to think outside the box once in a while like real life. Take a gamble on a young manager clearly on the up as opposed to the name whose had more clubs than I’ve had got dinners. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

Penalties. Plain an simple. No matter how good the key stats for penalties. More often than not my players miss them. No amount of extra pen training solves it. Just seems set in stone that more often than not the balance is firmly in the gk favour when in reality it’s the other way round. 
 

Early in the save, I had some trouble with penalties especially when I was underdog but nowdays my players rarely miss them. My striker was 7/7 last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yolixeya said:

Early in the save, I had some trouble with penalties especially when I was underdog but nowdays my players rarely miss them. My striker was 7/7 last season.

Maybe it’s just me. Just something I keep seeing on forums an certainly has hounded me for many fm’s now. Just frustrating. If a penalty taker is rated 11/20 ok I expect misses. But when it’s 17-18/20 I’d expect one miss in a blue moon. Heck even at 15/20 I’d expect a good return. Just seems to be so many misses sadly for me an the AI

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mattias333 said:

Maybe it’s just me. Just something I keep seeing on forums an certainly has hounded me for many fm’s now. Just frustrating. If a penalty taker is rated 11/20 ok I expect misses. But when it’s 17-18/20 I’d expect one miss in a blue moon. Heck even at 15/20 I’d expect a good return. Just seems to be so many misses sadly for me an the AI

Yeah, it happens. More with the mid table or underdog team then with favourites in my experience.

It's worth keeping in mind that Composure and Finishing also matter, not just Penalty taking attribute. It's also worth looking at body language of the taker. He might have a great attributes for penalty taking but low hidden attribute Preassure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

Yeah, it happens. More with the mid table or underdog team then with favourites in my experience.

It's worth keeping in mind that Composure and Finishing also matter, not just Penalty taking attribute. It's also worth looking at body language of the taker. He might have a great attributes for penalty taking but low hidden attribute Preassure.

I seem to recall seeing someone from SI say finishing didn't matter for the penalty itself, but instead for converting a rebound from a possible saved penalty

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

I seem to recall seeing someone from SI say finishing didn't matter for the penalty itself, but instead for converting a rebound from a possible saved penalty

That's good to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

1 year in at Aldershot. However if I’ve walked the national league despite predicted mid table, then immediately walk league 2 at a breeze on minimal money, I’d at least expect a high league 1 club to be sniffing, let alone a championship club

Yes! The game simply doesn't recognize the "short term memory" aspect of football in that regard. I'd love for "manager form" to be put into consideration for job offers.

It's similar with the club legends/icons/fav personnel stuff. Sustained success at a club that previously struggled should be enough to earn you "favored personnel" at the very least after a certain amount of time instead of whatever calculation it uses currently. derby performance, relative success based on club history, manager awards, player accolades, media praise, etc. should all count for more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Yes! The game simply doesn't recognize the "short term memory" aspect of football in that regard. I'd love for "manager form" to be put into consideration for job offers.

It's similar with the club legends/icons/fav personnel stuff. Sustained success at a club that previously struggled should be enough to earn you "favored personnel" at the very least after a certain amount of time instead of whatever calculation it uses currently. derby performance, relative success based on club history, manager awards, player accolades, media praise, etc. should all count for more. 

Glad it isn’t just me lol!

just feel like it’s been like this for a fair few fm’s. I’m achieving god like success an results at lower level. Now I appreciate a large % of real life manager appointments are based of rep or past exploits (big Sam etc) but every now an again you get a club thinking outside the box. Take Huddersfield an ncfc in real life. Stuart Webber adopted the vision of going for Dortmund’s B team coach an lower league on the up managers (David Wagner, Daniel Farke etc). Now that clubs have these visions etc I just wish some would implement this when picking managers too. They certainly consider whether you have history saving relegated threatened teams etc. Just feels impossible to even get considered for even marginally better clubs until at least 3-4 years in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Career awareness has got to improve. The game always assumes that if you resign, you must have screwed up your job, even though I often resign in my journeyman careers on a high note. Even more absurdly, sometimes the old club begged me to stay and the game interprets this as 'emergency meeting forced resign.' It also completely ignored international management. An old club refused to take me back because 'they didn't know if I had improved due to not having a new job since I last at the club' even though I had in fact won several things with the national team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vnth93 said:

Career awareness has got to improve. The game always assumes that if you resign, you must have screwed up your job, even though I often resign in my journeyman careers on a high note. Even more absurdly, sometimes the old club begged me to stay and the game interprets this as 'emergency meeting forced resign.' It also completely ignored international management. An old club refused to take me back because 'they didn't know if I had improved due to not having a new job since I last at the club' even though I had in fact won several things with the national team.

Agree. Very similar to one of my points an expands it well. 
 

I hate the “you didn’t handle the finances very well in your last job” type of lines. I literally spent the budget the board gave me? What’s the big deal lol. They could have said actually we need to reduced this. 
 

for example as well on my current save I’m 105 games into my journey man career. Back to back promotions with a side rated mid table at best both seasons. 70% win rate. Whopping positive goal difference. Yet in the games eyes I haven’t proven I can work on a budget, I haven’t proved I can get teams promoted. Basically things I’ve proven I can do an in a short space of time. Just frustrates me. I get it be unrealistic to jump jobs less than 12 months into a career. However 2+ years with incredible success? I’d atleast expect to be on the radar of clubs as a up an coming manager. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

However 2+ years with incredible success? I’d atleast expect to be on the radar of clubs as a up an coming manager. 

I walked the Championship with Swansea.

Next season with a mere 4 signings, I somehow, managed to bump up to 12th in the PL, since the bottom half all were on similar points, so 3 points shot me up like 5 places lol.

I've not had a single job offer or anyone sniffing around for me, and only got offered a new contract I think, in February when my contract was due to expire. So, I was there for the taking on a free transfer, but no one cared? :(

 

The other thing i'm annoyed with is the media, and lack of responses.

"Oh, Lampard is a great manager" "ooh that means you must fear defeat" "No... but he's managing Chelsea and I'm Swansea so..."

 

Or the board...

"We are very upset you did not play to our possession and attacking philosophy in your 4-0 defeat by Premier League Champions Liverpool" - To which I want to say; "Well, if I went gung ho like you wished, I bet you'd be chewing me out for losing 14-0, so behave?" But I can't, I literally have to deal with them getting uppity over these things.

 

Then the media again; "You're in awful form, no win in seven!" and I just want to say "Well... Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, Wolves and someone else, with most fixtures being AWAY games, and I'm newly promoted Swansea with a mere four signings, and you somehow don't think taking 3 points via three draws is good enough?"

They just can't read context, I so want for them to say "Wow, you had a rough run of fixtures but you snatched three vital points." rather than this zero sum "Well, you suck." business.

And whilst I'm here...

Who cares about xxx's fixture at 12pm or next Sunday? I get asked this so many times like it's a big deal.

"OHHH you dropped points today, will you be watching 15th place Southampton to see what the damage is?"

Mate, there's like 10 games left, we're 10 points ahead of the relegation places right now, I really don't think the Southampton game is a big deal *right now*. Maybe it might be a big deal in hindsight, but now? No one cares, honestly. Stop pestering me with this, especially in December and January... You're supposed to save it for like the run in for promotion/relegation or the last four or so matches, not so early on its irrelevant!

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mattias333 said:

the “you didn’t handle the finances very well in your last job” type of lines.

try managing in Argentina! my first save with Newell’s Old Boys had me pegged as awful with finances but it’s because the club was in considerable debt and once the academy players signed their first pro contracts, the wage budget went red. 

I really wish the game recognized MANAGER vs STAFF actions better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Play out of defense" in FM doesn't exactly mean they'll play out of defense. Look at the touchmap of some of these centerbacks and fullbacks in real life:

 

1061677520_ScreenShot2020-10-25at1_13_33PM.png.7776f361244590e86b7a435bf4c01594.png759059233_ScreenShot2020-10-25at1_12_51PM.png.03932abb41c7f1ee5e37aa01bdaf0654.png542027713_ScreenShot2020-10-25at1_12_33PM.png.df17999f6b9f40f5ec64427f8fa18e9e.png1417776302_ScreenShot2020-10-25at1_11_36PM.png.8397feba25f434280e95b443101cbfc2.png15849865_ScreenShot2020-10-25at1_12_13PM.png.29546f6241617d4845f46b27ce9d566d.png

These are just a few examples of a few CBs playing high possession, ATTACKING football in the premier league. I've never had my centerbacks have so much influence on buildup, no matter the role. It has nothing to do with mentality, as I said, these are heatmaps for CBs on attacking teams. I rarely, if ever, see passes go from CB-to-WB-back-to-CB etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"But it went over the bar"

"But the ball touched the bar and went over"

"Over the bar!"

".... got it all wrong heading the ball harmlessly over the bar"

"The ball went sailing over the crossbar"

".... sent his header over the bar"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Double whammy here. Getting two guys sent off in the first half - players with aggression of 8 and good mentals - ok 1 but 2? And going down to balanced to try and weather the storm and how many more do we pick up? Just a tad more than annoyed at this match ;-)

image.png.45db46b6bdffd4cdc7c7e04e3955d701.png

And then this fantastic no context question:

image.png.a55abd8cdaae6ed0184ac04feb657f34.png

And another, I subbed him in the 40th minute

image.png.38f3d3b5a88aebf68892824196249bca.png

 

And another - the guy only conceded one 1 in a 9 v 11 match where OL had 30 shots and 15 on target:

image.png.0e7195ee34b88495ea17e57f4e04d8c6.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

A new one;

 

Non-negotiable transfer bids with Selling Team Wage Contribution. 

 

Please. For FM21, tone this down. I'm absolutely sick of it. I'll take a lower fee in most cases, but I'm NOT paying his wages for you. Jog on!

That usually happens when you transfer list the player. They know you want to get rid of the player so they are trying to exploit that. You can counteract that by offering the player to clubs on your own while excluding Selling Team Wage Contribution from negotiation. But you may get less offers especially if the player is on a huge contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I assume the ASS man is thinking "3-2 isn't good enough, we should be winning 3-0!" since he looks at aggregate score and not the actual match in context?

 

TBH 1-0 with 9 men is outstanding, the media should be praising you for that.

Interesting, I'd not thought of that - maybe the code does look at the aggregate before inserting his suggestion

But ya the disconnect with the pressers - I mean we all know about it - is really poor

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 15/07/2020 at 09:57, petertr said:

This keeps happening to me.  To teams with lower reputation than me too, and when the player is "extremely interested" in signing for me.  I've seen requests for £80k/week, and then the same player accepting £8k/week elsewhere a few weeks later.

Yes but the games not broke on this part 😂 its why i will refuse to buy another game till its sorted 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 28/10/2020 at 08:00, KingCanary said:

New signing press conference.

'Despite only being 24 this is already your new signings 5th club- does this concern you?'

Well 3 of those 5 clubs were loan spells when he was breaking through so no, not really...

It's up there with "You've signed a number of new players for the team"

Well, yeah. I've been there for 31 years...

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/10/2020 at 17:51, FedAt said:

sending your best scout (19/19) to scout Denmark (or similar country) for few months with 100% of knowledge of this country to receive report with just Christensen who play for Chelsea

Yeah they seem to think that setting Denmark as the scouted nation means you want players with Danish nationality, not actuallly playing in the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Being 3-0 down, outplayed the whole game, but still having to watch the “highlight” of the last 45 seconds of added time even though you know nothing will happen (apart from maybe them scoring) and you want nothing more than to get back in the changing room and yell at you players... sorry I should get in the habit of saying “throw a water bottle!!!”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mindless headers with no one within 30yds of you. TBF it happens to both teams, but c'mon ball is hoofed clear by defender and the attacking deep MF or CB (somewhere around the centre circle with the nearest defender around the top of the 18yd box) panic heads it back the other way instead of chesting it down and getting on with things.

There is no rationale for that and is a straight up ME bug IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, fivetwelvepony said:

The only path to true happiness in FM20 is through "Send assistant".

LOL! ya normally I do, but after such a bonkers match I was a bit worried he'd say something to annoy my players. It's like if I see in the preview that the press may ask about a potential transfer - I attend those - but ya my assman is actually pretty good with the media most of the time.

Edited by CaptCanuck
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaptCanuck said:

LOL! ya normally I do, but after such a bonkers match I was a bit worried he'd say something to annoy my players. It's like if I see in the preview that the press may ask about a potential transfer - I attend those - but ya my assman is actually pretty good with the media most of the time.

The way it usually goes for me is that I do the presser, try to give good answers, get no response from the players. If I send my assistant, he says "I'm not prepared to answer that question," the media praise him for his astute press conference, and three players react positively. I gave up a while ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Mindless headers with no one within 30yds of you. TBF it happens to both teams, but c'mon ball is hoofed clear by defender and the attacking deep MF or CB (somewhere around the centre circle with the nearest defender around the top of the 18yd box) panic heads it back the other way instead of chesting it down and getting on with things.

There is no rationale for that and is a straight up ME bug IMHO.

As an addendum to this being 3-0 down and having endless highlights after around 75 minutes. Just end the ****ing game ref, we all know they're gonna win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not convinced about the board, their club vision and manager performance.  I'm currently Chelsea, got to the end of the first season and the board were very unhappy with the sale of Alvaro Morata, which of course wasn't my fault as he was out on loan and the transfer organised before I got there.

This season the board are also "concerned that the club looks unlikely to challenge for silverware as expected".  We are top of the table after two games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

International duty injuries.

They are excessive and add zero interest/immersion in game.

Most recent one - player is injured for 3 weeks - resumes full training at 68%/83% (on those %s he'd not sniff match time with me - 2 days later reinjured on international duty

Edited by CaptCanuck
Link to post
Share on other sites

International management 

Getting news pop ups about players with dual nationality who would never get a call up

Then being asked in interviews about the above player/s 

Getting scout reports for Championship & League 1 players that will never get a call up

Getting cussed out for not calling up a left winger when I don't play with a left winger so have no need to call him up

Getting grief because I stripped the 38 year old TAA of the captaincy when he wasn't even getting a game a club level & hadn't started an international game for at least a year 

Players being annoyed because 148 cap TAA is no longer in the squad & a guy with 0 caps is called up in his place     

Players being annoyed at you because you have an "inexperienced squad" when you think a couple of guys deserve in a chance in a couple of friendlies instead of the 32 year olds who aren't performing at their clubs

Leaving out a player with caps who's never had a good season & his team's been relegated & he's still not performing then getting a news item about leaving him out every time the squad's announced 

Leaving out a player who you liked the look of, gave a few caps in which he doesn't perform then get cussed for not calling him up every time you announce the squad   

Forgetting to add a previously injured player back into the squad then getting grief when the squad's announced, though that one's my own fault :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

International management 

Getting news pop ups about players with dual nationality who would never get a call up

Then being asked in interviews about the above player/s 

Getting scout reports for Championship & League 1 players that will never get a call up

Getting cussed out for not calling up a left winger when I don't play with a left winger so have no need to call him up

Getting grief because I stripped the 38 year old TAA of the captaincy when he wasn't even getting a game a club level & hadn't started an international game for at least a year 

Players being annoyed because 148 cap TAA is no longer in the squad & a guy with 0 caps is called up in his place     

Players being annoyed at you because you have an "inexperienced squad" when you think a couple of guys deserve in a chance in a couple of friendlies instead of the 32 year olds who aren't performing at their clubs

Leaving out a player with caps who's never had a good season & his team's been relegated & he's still not performing then getting a news item about leaving him out every time the squad's announced 

Leaving out a player who you liked the look of, gave a few caps in which he doesn't perform then get cussed for not calling him up every time you announce the squad   

Forgetting to add a previously injured player back into the squad then getting grief when the squad's announced, though that one's my own fault :D 

Not a fan of international management then :lol::lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/11/2020 at 17:23, BrightLad5 said:

Being 3-0 down, outplayed the whole game, but still having to watch the “highlight” of the last 45 seconds of added time even though you know nothing will happen (apart from maybe them scoring) and you want nothing more than to get back in the changing room and yell at you players... sorry I should get in the habit of saying “throw a water bottle!!!”

Sooooo after watching the stream tonight, have my prays been answered?! Very excited 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...