Little FM things that annoy you...

Just now, HUNT3R said:

You have all the other players stats to look at, like mistakes made, tackle % etc to judge how well a player plays though. Especially if you know his rating is better because he scored a goal.

Yeah, of course.  Its just a bit of a pain.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Bielsa1975 said:

When clubs turn down your 3 million offer but except 500k of AI club 

When player refuses your 30k a week offer but signs for lower club on 5k a week 

Just happened last week at Hibernian, we signed Scott Nisbet and Hearts tried to jump in last minute with a better wage offer which he rejected as he wanted to come play for us. Unfortunately in game it doesn't give you the full details of each player.

16 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

The rapid decline of players over 30 years old.

I've often thought the decline should occur more dramatically between seasons rather than having their physical attributes trickle away consistently throughout the season.

17 hours ago, jc1 said:

Just happened last week at Hibernian, we signed Scott Nisbet and Hearts tried to jump in last minute with a better wage offer which he rejected as he wanted to come play for us. Unfortunately in game it doesn't give you the full details of each player.

That's fine if there's another club interested.  But I still get this issue when nobody else is interested, nobody else is bidding and the player says he is extremely interested in signing for me - suddenly the wage demands at 3X+ what the scout said, and what the "start negotiations" page said.

And then when negotiations fail 2-3 times, someone else comes in and gets him on the wages that I was expecting.

Its really frustrating.

One to add- why do lower league managers get so salty when you beat them in the cup?

I'm usually nothing but polite in the build up/post match but after I win I almost inevitably get the manager saying 'Team X aren't as good as they think they are!' then a bunch of questions from the press asking if I want to comment. I have no interest in being in a war of words with the manager of Mansfield but I don't get why they always feel the need to have a pop?

2 hours ago, petertr said:

That's fine if there's another club interested.  But I still get this issue when nobody else is interested, nobody else is bidding and the player says he is extremely interested in signing for me - suddenly the wage demands at 3X+ what the scout said, and what the "start negotiations" page said.

And then when negotiations fail 2-3 times, someone else comes in and gets him on the wages that I was expecting.

Its really frustrating.

I do get where you're coming from, not so much losing him to another club for less just that after extensive scouting I find wages asked for are at times ridiculous. Usually I go as Hibernian and our wages are around £1.5-3K PW, you scout a decent young Norwegian who's on just under £1 and after scouting it looks like a wage of around £2-2.5K will get him, start negotiations  offer him £2K and his agent suddenly wants £4-5K, double what he was looking for initially.

2 hours ago, KingCanary said:

One to add- why do lower league managers get so salty when you beat them in the cup?

I'm usually nothing but polite in the build up/post match but after I win I almost inevitably get the manager saying 'Team X aren't as good as they think they are!' then a bunch of questions from the press asking if I want to comment. I have no interest in being in a war of words with the manager of Mansfield but I don't get why they always feel the need to have a pop?

Had this one, played and beat Brechin in the Betfred cup 6-0 and then their manager says Hibernian aren't as good as they think, erm 6 goals and they had not one shot on target, what was he watching.

14 minutes ago, Federico said:

Has anyone mentioned overperforming english clubs already?

Liverpool are madly overpowered in their game.

On course for a 5th straight title with 2 Champions League wins and one final lost on penalties.

If one of your players miss a penalty early in the game you might as well substitute them straight away - they'll be lucky to get a rating above 6. 

As a major international manager you get asked all the time if a 32 year old Wycombe player should choose to represent your country - I think that ship has sailed mate, sorry. 

Standard answer of press conferences being really boring.

I've never seen VAR actually ALLOW a goal - only disallow.

5 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I'm genuinely don't think the game is coded to allow a VAR goal, only disallow

100% agree. I spotted it as well.

Every time VAR is called.... yeah, no goal.

Its never been anything else.

Players are protesting, they think it's a goal.

...calm down lads...VAR is 100% saying NO GOAL.

Nice to incoportate it but we can see the coding.

16 minutes ago, kofiglover1 said:

10 days with no fixtures then the day before a big match your key player gets a 1-2 day injury .

So much this.. ^_^

You can play the highest line possible but your fbs will never follow a winger into his own half without the ball instead they will opt to stay in line with cbs who stay just behind st

play 442 or 424 and every goal kick ur 2 cms hog the throw in lines leaving balls to the midfield easy (complainer about this long time ago and so did jack shot)

You are always the team with the most woodworks during a season

Your tactics aren’t followed half the time

(example put on gk distribute to fullbacks most the time he’ll pass to the cbs)

Man marking a player is rediculous unless u use a central midfield player
Make a fullback do it and you’ll have ur fb that’s staying back for a corner running up field during an op break to go mark his man 🤦🏾‍♂️

Set an asking price and watch teams make dumb offers at half the asking price

scout reports predicted wage demands are always low

The game has little hints like running with the ball will be slower without 

you’ll see slow ai players catching your fastest man that’s dribbling
but your players breaking with him will always be running slower than your man breaking with the ball.

You’ll miss loads of 1 v 1s

Ai fullbacks don’t get marked by your wingers on Attack 

but on a break can always catch that same winger that didn’t track his man 🤔 

if you then look at the 2 players stats you’re left baffled because the stats won’t correlate with the feat the fb just pulled off

Doesn't happen too often but I bugs me when what I see happen doesn't match up with what the ME believes is happening. 

E.g. a player receiving a red card for "a dangerous two-footed tackle" when he didn't even go to ground.

On 17/07/2020 at 04:23, kofiglover1 said:

10 days with no fixtures then the day before a big match your key player gets a 1-2 day injury .

Yep see this all the time.

Or a player gets a long term injury, then your backup for that position also gets a long term injury, and all of a sudden your playing someone out of position or a reserve/youth team player

11 hours ago, Si-Fi said:

Doesn't happen too often but I bugs me when what I see happen doesn't match up with what the ME believes is happening. 

E.g. a player receiving a red card for "a dangerous two-footed tackle" when he didn't even go to ground.

Yep red cards for basic tackles and penalties where there's little or no contact, just what the game is seeing to give these I'm not sure, I get loads of penalties and see red cards in friendlies when that hardly ever happens.

Send on intensive language course costing £500 a week. Really? Have they not heard of rosetta stone app? 

£500 quid a week! So if you have 10 players...

I am prepared to teach 5 players a week for £500 English.

Edited by Bothan Spy

1 hour ago, Bothan Spy said:

The fact that you have a young regen player in your team and he has some great attributes to be a brilliant DC but he's 5'8"...

Bad AI!

Haha yes! This 100%

Found a brazillian regen who's only natural position is right back and could be a really top attacking rb  but then he's left footed only.

3 hours ago, kofiglover1 said:

Haha yes! This 100%

Found a brazillian regen who's only natural position is right back and could be a really top attacking rb  but then he's left footed only.

Yep and usually with a strength of 2 and a jumping reach of 3 :lol:

On 16/07/2020 at 10:56, benkeay said:

I've never seen VAR actually ALLOW a goal - only disallow.

Actually I've been looking at a news post of a recent match. It mentioned VAR being involved in convalidating a goal scored by my team, even though the highlight never showed it.

It seems it's a thing, but the game does not tell you when it happens.

When I sign a player on a free in September and its too late to register him, so he cant play until 1/1 the following year, and he threatens to leave the club already and complains of lack of first team football. And no option to explain to him that he cant be registered.

8 hours ago, Preveza said:

When I sign a player on a free in September and its too late to register him, so he cant play until 1/1 the following year, and he threatens to leave the club already and complains of lack of first team football. And no option to explain to him that he cant be registered.

Was he a free before the end of the window, if so then you can sign him whenever and register him, this could be a bug though.

I’m currently into my third season as St Albans from the Conference South - I’m currently in the Vanarama National.

In my Save, I’ve noticed a ridiculous number of clubs already have regens as managers and I’m only into my third season!!! Around 18 of the clubs have regen managers in my league and I’ve noticed several of the home nations have the same issue.

Is this a known issue in this years game?

8 hours ago, lbowman6 said:

I’m currently into my third season as St Albans from the Conference South - I’m currently in the Vanarama National.

In my Save, I’ve noticed a ridiculous number of clubs already have regens as managers and I’m only into my third season!!! Around 18 of the clubs have regen managers in my league and I’ve noticed several of the home nations have the same issue.

Is this a known issue in this years game?

Have you added a league since the start? The game puts regen managers in if you do, does take the realism away as I loaded Italy, and in charge of Juve, who have won the league 11 times in a row, is some regen manager, 56 years old who's first job is Juve manager, no badges nothing.

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Have you added a league since the start? The game puts regen managers in if you do, does take the realism away as I loaded Italy, and in charge of Juve, who have won the league 11 times in a row, is some regen manager, 56 years old who's first job is Juve manager, no badges nothing.

I added some custom English lower leagues at the start of the game..

7 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I’ve had to start using the in-game editor to remove them - it’s ridiculous. 

The way regens appear to follow the same pattern, or mould of player depending on their positioning.

For example, the game seems to rarely create good attacking fbs. Every great regen fb will be solid defensively with about 11 or 12 for crossing or dribbling. Every CM whos great will be a playmaker etc. Just feel like it somewhat limits the tactical experimentation after a few years.

The fact that a teenager can arrive at your club on loan, play a handful of games in which he impresses enough to win the coveted Three Hammers Sponsored Fanzine Writers Player Of The Fortnight award, and therefore be as much a "fans favourite" as the manager who brought two consecutive promotions, a cup win and continental competition entry.

13 hours ago, Drogba11CFC said:

The fact that my options when one of my players asked for first-team football were agree a loan or cave, rather than point out that every other midfielder was doing better in training.

Yeah you can do that with your won players but not loanees, really frustrating when you really can't drop a regular but then your loan kid starts moaning, despite someone in his position averaging a 7.5, scored 5 goals and got 6 assists in the last 10 games!

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Yeah you can do that with your won players but not loanees, really frustrating when you really can't drop a regular but then your loan kid starts moaning, despite someone in his position averaging a 7.5, scored 5 goals and got 6 assists in the last 10 games!

It'll depend on his loan agreement,  if he's signed as an important player  then he'll expect to play almost every week, that's why the loan club sent him to you.

Talking about loans and manager interactions, it's kind of jarring how AI managers give you the cold shoulder when you're asking them about one of your loanees, regardless of how politely you are towards them.

It can potentially go something like this:

You: "You're not using my player as much as you agreed to"

The other manager: "Oh, sorry. I'll try to use them more often."

You: "Good to hear. He can work very well for your team."

The other manager: (NO MATTER HOW THE CONVERSATION WENT) "Gotta go. Bye."

It feels like they mock me.

I don't know how many guys are using lower tier league teams but the Euro fixing is killing me. I've got Linfield, Irish Premier League (Northern Ireland), and we had Salzsburg in a playoff for Champions League.

Granted real world we should be destroyed. However, I managed to get tactics right were I lost by one goal each game. A effin' penalty in both games from the exact same set play!!!

Not the first time this has happened either.  Regular occurrence when I've punched above my weight in Euro competitions.

1 hour ago, Cuchulainn said:

I don't know how many guys are using lower tier league teams but the Euro fixing is killing me. I've got Linfield, Irish Premier League (Northern Ireland), and we had Salzsburg in a playoff for Champions League.

Granted real world we should be destroyed. However, I managed to get tactics right were I lost by one goal each game. A effin' penalty in both games from the exact same set play!!!

Not the first time this has happened either.  Regular occurrence when I've punched above my weight in Euro competitions.

Do you have those leagues such as austria and other mid level leagues loaded? I've noticed a considerable difference in league and team quality when they are loaded and when they are not, and this only tends to shift towards not loaded nation clubs getting weaker and weaker as the time goes on.

Scout - he’ll deffo want £35-£50k salary. 
Me - cool that seems about right as he’ll be a squad player. 
*negotiations start*
Agent - yeah all my client will be wanting a starting salary of £800k a week with that rising to £52 million a week after he has managed to play 5 league games. 

Agent - we’d like you to make the first offer.

*gulp*
Me - ok. Hey mr director of football can you make a suggestion for me?

DOF - it’s cool I got you fam.

*make DOF suggested offer*

RED RED RED RED

Agent - I cant believe you’d make such a terrible offer. We’re not even going to speak to you now. 🤦‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Drogba11CFC said:

The game treating Arsenal as the super-duper invincibles Mk2.

When your world-class midfielder randomly gives the ball away for no reason and they score as a result.

Arsenal have turned into a midtable team on my game- finished 9th last season.

Liverpool on the other hand have just won their 5th title in a row....

Post and crossbar made of different materials.  Shot hits the bar and bounces out or over relatively realistically; shot hits the post and comes back 3 yards at most.   

And the animation of the net bulge.  Why does it do that for a weak shot that barely reaches the back of the net?