Little FM things that annoy you...

On 03/11/2020 at 10:46, toffee71 said:

It's one that will annoy me in 21.

The wait for my Ass Man's(Davide) dad(Carlo) to get his next job and poach him. from my 20 experience it all depends where his job is.

Well it has already annoyed me, but in a different way, I had been looking forward to having 2 assistant managers, but I assume Davide left with his dad when I took over, and Big Dunc is only a coach, so at least he gets a promotion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions League kick-off times not being accurate. Zenit-Liverpool isn't 17:55 yet Chelsea-Benfica is?

Players wanting a new contract 500 times a second despite having two and a half years left.

Your star player resuming full training after a broken leg so you opt to ease him back into sharpness...and then the international weekend comes around and he's thrust into the first team.

22 minutes ago, Drogba11CFC said:

Champions League kick-off times not being accurate. Zenit-Liverpool isn't 17:55 yet Chelsea-Benfica is?

Players wanting a new contract 500 times a second despite having two and a half years left.

Your star player resuming full training after a broken leg so you opt to ease him back into sharpness...and then the international weekend comes around and he's thrust into the first team.

Yes, new contract demands... Playing a 1 season beta save with Swansea. I've had around 8 of the first team squad demanding new contracts before Christmas. 🙄

Just now, improvox said:

Yes, new contract demands... Playing a 1 season beta save with Swansea. I've had around 8 of the first team squad demanding new contracts before Christmas. 🙄

And then when they tell you that there's plenty of time left, they'll react as if they caught you in bed with their wife.

going 76 league games unbeaten, but still not registering an unbeaten season (no.. I'm not mad about it at all, despite it happening on FM14)

how someone turns me down for another team, despite me offering a "squad player" status and more money... apparently not progressing past the "under 23s" is better for them

how I can have won 9 games in a row, yet still the fans are "upset about that one game we lost 4-3 from over a month ago"

I don't know if this is a bug, or I clicked too quickly or it's been removed.

But I've just won a lower league title - which I feel particularly proud of as the team I started with were under transfer embargo and had no decent players. And I usually use preset or downloaded tactics but I decided to control much more of my club this year including tactics and individual training. So being in the mix at the top felt like a major achievement.

Three years of toil and free transfers and I finally won promotion. The title came down to the wire and after dispatching Tranmere 4-0 on their own soil I joyfully waited for the trophy lift.

But my players just walked off the pitch. I felt so disappointed!

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

The fact that at no time since Ferguson left Man Utd has FM been able to capture whatever it is that IRL stops them being the OP monster they are in FM.

Interesting. I only have FM20 experience, but ManU (regardless of signing shedloads of players and having awesome newgens) haven't won the league yet in 10+ seasons and only have a Europa and a couple domestic cups.

Managing in the Prem though (as Brighton) can be a slog, as there is so much money for the big sides and even middling clubs have a shedload of money. At the close of the transfer window in Sept. '29, Chelsea just spent 490mil.

4 minutes ago, CaptCanuck said:

Interesting. I only have FM20 experience, but ManU (regardless of signing shedloads of players and having awesome newgens) haven't won the league yet in 10+ seasons and only have a Europa and a couple domestic cups.

Managing in the Prem though (as Brighton) can be a slog, as there is so much money for the big sides and even middling clubs have a shedload of money. At the close of the transfer window in Sept. '29, Chelsea just spent 490mil.

Weird how different people's saves can be - one of the great things about FM.

Under Mourinho, they went on to years of dominance in my saves.  The Liverpool resurgence has taken some of the silverware away in recent versions of FM, but ManU always seem to get back to the top within a couple of seasons (if I'm not managing in the EPL) and then be dominant. I think it's also partly because Pep's City seem to underperform as much as Man Utd overperform.  I guess it's a combination of money and reputation that stops any real slide. 

4 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

Under Mourinho, they went on to years of dominance in my saves.  The Liverpool resurgence has taken some of the silverware away in recent versions of FM, but ManU always seem to get back to the top within a couple of seasons (if I'm not managing in the EPL) and then be dominant. I think it's also partly because Pep's City seem to underperform as much as Man Utd overperform.  I guess it's a combination of money and reputation that stops any real slide. 

Ya that is interesting, the 'sliding doors' aspect of saves. Ah OK Mou... see in mine Ole is still in charge in season 11 in FM20, so season 12.5 in total for him, that's gotta be why :lol:

13 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

In my fm20 save, the year is 2043. First few years was a battle between City and Liverpool with both winning everything unil somewhere around 2025, where Arsenal managed to get dominant and win most of the titles until 2035, with maybe 1 city, 1 liverpool and 1 united title. Then, funny things have been happening in the next 8 years, as there were lots of tycoon takeovers, so Arsenal, City (with a new tycoon), Chelsea, United, Liverpool, Swansea, West Ham and Wolves all won a single title and i loved that in contrast to 1 team dominating all the time (mostly United)

Ole was United manager until the 2040's

Edited by vukigepard

when a player starting discussions for a new contract, asks to go on loan, and me not not being able to say him that he will be part of the main team next year.

so I have 3 options : 

- Have my player angry by saying no and eventually lose him if the contract is nearing its end . this is nonsens I wanted him to play in first team, he wanted to go elsewhere..... to play in first team !

- let him go on loan which is mostly a bad option for everybody , I miss one player, and he plays on a lower level than my team

- sign the contrat and don't respect the promise I made. He 'll be mad at me, which is a nonsense, cos he'll play in main team all year (and that is why he wanted to be on loan !!)

I think there are many clever ways to solve this nonsense .

Firstable this "asking" must always be removable (or at least must always be replaceable by a proposition on how many game to play on first team next year, or a team status that the player could accept or not)

Edited by zoppi_

• 3 months later...
On 01/08/2020 at 14:22, kevgaleuk said:

The player history page - after years of seemingly poor care and attention to data entry and the decision to only include league appearances the whole screen is a dogs dinner and really frustrates me - it's an area I would desperately like SI to remedy through better data visualisation (move away from just a page with rows of data on)

DEFINITELY something that annoys me. Why SI STILL refuse to put continental and cup appearances on that screen absolutely baffles and irritates me.

• 1 month later...
  • The blatant tapping up of players by other managers/players in public. Pretty sure that is not allowed. :mad:
  • When you win 5-1 and in the press conference afterwards, sometimes the only question, 'What did you think of their 1 goal'. I wish I could respond with 'I don't give a flying f***, we won 5-1' :confused:
  • Timing of the questions is weird. Tunnel before a game 'Your thoughts on this club (you're not playing against) putting this player on the transfer list' I DON'T CARE AS I ABOUT TO PLAY A MATCH!!! :seagull:
  • Assistant Manager trying to sabotage everything including training. The most annoying is during the game and in the dugout where 'ignore all' does not work. Sit down, shut up and finger on your lip!! :stop:
  • Continuing on the Assistant Manager theme. All he has is managing pre-season friendlies and screws that up as well, by not playing everybody to have them match fit.
  • The shockingly bad 3D graphics that makes Sensible Soccer from 90s look like artwork. The moment they take the 2D out, I'm totally done and I think they will. 
  • Tried to sign Jadon Sancho, agreed a ridiculous fee with Dortmund and he wanted £400K a week, told him to get lost. 2 weeks later, he moves to Chelsea for half the transfer fee and £250K a week which I was willing to pay. 
  • Love when you receive a B- for winning the Premier League :idiot:

There are so many more but a lot have been in the game for years and I don't think they are going to fix them.

On 20/07/2020 at 15:35, lbowman6 said:

I’ve had to start using the in-game editor to remove them - it’s ridiculous. 

This is what I do.

I dont like the IGE philosophically, but i use it to manage the careers of ex players and such to halt the crawl of the regen...

17 hours ago, McGiz1 said:
  • Timing of the questions is weird. Tunnel before a game 'Your thoughts on this club (you're not playing against) putting this player on the transfer list' I DON'T CARE AS I ABOUT TO PLAY A MATCH!!! :seagull:

I don't get the tunnel interviews period. It's to the media 10 mins before we go out, while my team is sat in the changing room focused for the match ahead and presumably not watching Sky Sports News etc. Surely they have absolutely zero chance to influence anything? I set the responsibility for these to my Assistant as it just seemed like a waste of time.

On 28/02/2021 at 17:42, Ellis_D said:

DEFINITELY something that annoys me. Why SI STILL refuse to put continental and cup appearances on that screen absolutely baffles and irritates me.

In addition to this, the 'he used to play for my club' trigger is seemingly random, i've had no mention of the fact that I had to sell the opposition my star striker two months ago, versus, a random 3rd string right back who moved there on a free getting questions in the press conference. 

What we are likely saying (not to speak for others), is that the stories that we create in our minds - that take us out of the 'spreadsheet' nature of the game, SHOULD be better played out in game than they are. There are loads of ways to turn all the data and occurrences in game into something more absorbing - including histories as stated above

On 12/04/2021 at 22:42, kentonizking said:

In addition to this, the 'he used to play for my club' trigger is seemingly random, i've had no mention of the fact that I had to sell the opposition my star striker two months ago, versus, a random 3rd string right back who moved there on a free getting questions in the press conference. 

When you sign a journeyman in the lower leagues, who has played for 10-12 clubs. He scores and it's always "he's come back to bite the hand that feeds him!", "it was talked about pre-game and it's happened!" etc.

Then you check his history and he played 3 games on loan for the opposition when he was 19.

This is properly annoying - as far as video games go anyways - but not having any say in affiliates until they show you the list.

Just completed season 4 in the Premiership finishing 6th - 3rd - 3rd - 1st, winning 3 straight manager of the year awards and I have no say in where our affiliates are or what to use them for, I just get a list of 4 clubs, from lower-unloaded European leagues to choose from.

I want an English affiliate to loan promising players to and start the X days to getting a British passport. Really annoying.

1. Request Promises about loaning out by young players who I wanna keep in 1st team
2. Brazil clubs decline bigger offerts from my EU club even when other Brazilian club activate release clauzule which is worse than my offer.
3. Not being consider as a club legend even when I won 3x Ligue title in a row with club who never even been in 1st division. At the same time also my striker isn't legend. Apparently 3x Golden Boot awarded player is worse than a striker who scored 30 goals in 6 seasons in lover divisions.
4. Speed of decrease in attributes after 30yo, and the same, unrealistic 'way' of getting old by all players.
5. AI clubs which dont wanna swap players even if we both wanna players from each other. They prefer to pay me for example 10m for my player and sell their for 5m.
6. AI national team menagment. Called up for national team based on CA/reputation instead of form. In my current save Ernesto Valverde prefer to play Rodrigo (4 appearances in whole season for Leeds 0 goals) in front of Spain team instead of Carbonell (36a/51g for Zaragossa 1st div).
7. Unrealistics offensive tactic works. I won the league in a season when I just got promoted by playing 442 where 2 of my central mids was Mezzala on attack.

On 27/08/2020 at 09:28, Mackem742 said:

Not a lot annoys me about the game but if my main striker has a poor few games I criticise his recent form, and his response is something along the lines of "Have you been watching a different game, I think you need glasses!" I mean I find it hilarious and infuriating at the same time :lol: The striker in question is Lukaku at the minute.

I just got this one with my IF-A. 2 months with 0 goals, 0 assists and he has a "balanced" personality. Also twice I've done "praise last game" on him when he's had a great match and then he was 6.2 or something for the next several matches in a row. Now I just leave the guy alone! :kriss:

On 04/09/2020 at 14:02, Nombre de usuario genérico said:

Thanks for the tip.  I feel like I'm not in control of the game if I don't micromanage every aspect of it, but I need to try something differently in this regard because it's sucking the joy out of the game for me.

I have been scouting similarly on my current save because we have a small recruitment team and basically no money so I just want to weed out/zero in on potential signings quickly. Someone pointed out to me that you can go to the scouting centre and set filters and advanced filters so you have more control over what hits your inbox. Now I don't have an inbox that's 25% filled with scout reports that says "52 recommendation" and the player is fickle and injury prone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2021 at 08:01, kentonizking said:

This is what I do.

I dont like the IGE philosophically, but i use it to manage the careers of ex players and such to halt the crawl of the regen...

Yeah - I’m only 7 years into my save and would estimate over 50% of English league managers are regens.

19 minutes ago, lbowman6 said:

Yeah - I’m only 7 years into my save and would estimate over 50% of English league managers are regens.

You must be using a custom database surely? I was 7 seasons into a save before I restarted, and Bruce is at Everton, Rafa back at NEwcastle (made me smile!) Ole still at Man U. Other managers like Howe is at Celtic, Dyche at Brunley still in Championship, Mourinho has Portugal. I've still got the save so I can look but I can't remember any teams having those god awful regen managers, even in Conference North / South

3 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

You must be using a custom database surely? I was 7 seasons into a save before I restarted, and Bruce is at Everton, Rafa back at NEwcastle (made me smile!) Ole still at Man U. Other managers like Howe is at Celtic, Dyche at Brunley still in Championship, Mourinho has Portugal. I've still got the save so I can look but I can't remember any teams having those god awful regen managers, even in Conference North / South

I'm talking at least 10 years in, they start to creep up from the bottom...

Where the Board realises you're not Rich anymore, and reduces your '% of player sales kept as transfer budget' down - despite it being 2 weeks from EoS and you being about to bank all that sweet, sweet Prizemoney, Sponsorship and Season Ticket Money.

10 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I’ve used a ‘data update’ from a certain website - wouldn’t say it was a custom database though.

After Winter Update Si games always leave big or gamebreaking bugs in the current version, but patch them in the next version that releases in November/December. Why not patching the current version as well. It annoys me a lot. 

Attacking throw ins! How difficult is it to throw it to your own player? Of course, interceptions can happen but I probably concede around 5 or 6 goals a year from my own attacking throw in. As it happens, they're usually crucial goals too :seagull:

On 02/05/2021 at 05:27, dolph11 said:

Attacking throw ins! How difficult is it to throw it to your own player? Of course, interceptions can happen but I probably concede around 5 or 6 goals a year from my own attacking throw in. As it happens, they're usually crucial goals too :seagull:

The last thing you want to see whenever you are watching in any of the highlights mode, is a throw-in near the opponents 18yd box.

• 2 weeks later...

Back injuries. If the system wants to give your player a long injury layoff, why not pick something that actually occurs with any regularity IRL. I cannot think of any players in the Premier league who have had it, especially as it's always a long layoff.

image.png.bfeb6ced31db0a9c9a5fb5a74ecd5de4.png

VAR and Offside...
..always, 100% offside.

Why not making it like wrong decisions, VAR say "no offside", goal.
Also more stuff with referee/VAR decisions.
So far, every VAR Check with Offside, says "Offside". Lame.

And i want to have an 3D-View Option (mark all OWN players) and dont want to mark them all the time.

1 hour ago, Nebuuu said:

VAR and Offside...
..always, 100% offside.

Why not making it like wrong decisions, VAR say "no offside", goal.
Also more stuff with referee/VAR decisions.
So far, every VAR Check with Offside, says "Offside". Lame.

And i want to have an 3D-View Option (mark all OWN players) and dont want to mark them all the time.

I've had couple of VAR offsides go my way, but 99% of the time you're right. Personally, I don't like the delay of the referee going to check the screen when in real life they get informed by the VAR team (In England, at least)

8 hours ago, CaptCanuck said:

Back injuries. If the system wants to give your player a long injury layoff, why not pick something that actually occurs with any regularity IRL. I cannot think of any players in the Premier league who have had it, especially as it's always a long layoff.

image.png.bfeb6ced31db0a9c9a5fb5a74ecd5de4.png

Marcus Rashford last season?

On 17/05/2021 at 17:34, Prokopije said:

Matches during which we get 2 or 3 key highlights. Grrrrr, dismantle tactics, subs, changing mentalities, but nothing can spur for something to happen :herman:

Those WBA v Burnley matches irl!!!

No matter which team I am, my full-backs invite crosses into my box, almost as if they're invisible! However, at the other end my wide players are up against prime Maldini/Cafu rolled into one!

1) Lightening fast wingers (or fast wingbacks) 5 meters in front of the nearest defender waiting waiting and waiting to cross, until he gets blocked by a defender with half his pace. 

2) Possession! How can mediocre teams have 60% against you and you simply cant get the ball off of them no matter how you play. Happens too often. Possession I find quite strange in this game. Yes I understand against top clubs sometimes ... but not teams far inferior to you. 

3) Playing cautious, slow down pace and time wasting and the team hoofs the ball clear with no danger in sight.... all the time.

4) Winning the League, Champions League, FA Cup and League cup two years in a row and haven't once had an A from the board in that time.

5) Random goals coming out of nowhere. This was something that happened by far the most in the lower leagues when you started out and continued until you built a very good team. I wish I had known that the AI is incapable to naturally show you why you are conceding goals. Because of a mathematical formula, it is decided that you have to loose points in a certain game and the game will do this at random. I would have enjoyed the game so much more if I had know that this is the way the game shows you that your team is not quite good enough yet. Don't try to make any sense out of it! It will almost not happen anymore once you build a world class team. 

6) By far my biggest hate is stadiums. This element is so awful I don't know where to start. Having a new stadium built or a stadium expanded is for me an absolute highlight of a manager career. You are looking forward to this a (game) year in advance and when it finally happens it is the biggest let down. If the stadium is finalized in the summer break it can even take months before you even see your new stadium. Not that there is much to see, as your 55.000 capacity stadium is 4 stands with a dull dystopian looking suburb showing between the open corners. (a stadium with open corners????) After an expansion the stadium showed no change whatsoever .... still open corners. For me personally it would take so little effort to massively boost the user experience of the stadium changes. I mean .... not even a small introduction to what will now be your new fortress? If SI insist on having no interesting graphics whatsoever included in-game .... then maybe just some information how your stadium ranks compared to others in terms of capacity and facilities? Imagine what a small video could do? Imagine having an introduction like in the below link below on the date the stadium is announced or finalized. It could revitalize your excitement for your save completely.

Question: I requested a stadium expansion 2 seasons ago as the stadium had been sold out for many seasons and it was denied because of finances. Since then the option to request has not been available even though the club has plenty of money. Will it appear again sometime?

Edited by coppicat