Football Manager 2020 January & February Transfer Updates Feedback Thread

Is it hard for SI to change how Posession is calculated?.

It just feels so odd when we create a Posession system and yet AI keeps the ball to get Posession instead of doing some thing with it and despite making less passes they get equalish posession. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SI staff read this thread yet?

Anyway after I moved for Feyeenord (journeyman) I have two strikers which I called 'new van Persie and new van Nisterlooy' + I adapte myself for current engine or better say - refresh my vision of football

So my strikers look good as you can see: 1544224669_Image1.png.dc61960fcb85ebb08be12fd903ebf7c2.png2027535551_Image2.png.3df94dde60641f4abbdcf55017765301.png

In this way one issue for me - this is very simple to create chances for low/sub tops teams. And this is a very big contrast in creating a lot of chanced and poor finishing. In other things this is probably my best FM save ever. I mean the best by enjoying, no trophies - and this is good because I have a real rival with PSV, Ajax and AZ. This is season 27/28 and I feel that this is will be more interesting in every next season :thup::thup::thup:

And this is good that I feel rival with managers. Good manager moved from AZ for example and they started to play worse, etc. Never remember things like this before

Edited by Novem9

16 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

131979614_ScreenShot2020-05-14at19_12_02.thumb.png.8d46680775c40d12049ffb8e81bc8dd7.png

Every. Single. Match. Like. This.

It's a real shame that there's some really astute and valid criticism in here, and it's buried in a thread that few people will visit or realise the purpose of, due to its very specific and unusual title. Please try and offer your thoughts somewhere more public as well.

The match engine is getting worse year on year, which is a real shame. It's at the point where I'm very willing to accept this is a game, and am happy to score goals the way the AI wants me to. But I can't even work out how that is.

Just a really ungratifying experience.

968211829_ScreenShot2020-05-15at11_59_02.thumb.png.84bb26c481eb775a3eae1ece36086c60.png766546726_ScreenShot2020-05-15at11_58_45.thumb.png.000da5204c406640ec8ab401632e92a9.png

I wish I found it funnier. Absolutely ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

968211829_ScreenShot2020-05-15at11_59_02.thumb.png.84bb26c481eb775a3eae1ece36086c60.png766546726_ScreenShot2020-05-15at11_58_45.thumb.png.000da5204c406640ec8ab401632e92a9.png

I wish I found it funnier. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Hi can u post your tactics in the tactics forum or PM me your tactics that you use seeing how unusual some of your game stats are?

5 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

The most annoying part about the complete farce that is set pieces, is when I actually want to tell my defenders off for their poor defending, I can't because they've inevitably scored a couple of recent goals that artificially boosts their average rating.

I think u can specifically criticize a player's defending in the interaction tab if I'm not mistaken?

28 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Hi can u post your tactics in t

28 minutes ago, zyfon5 said:

Hi can u post your tactics in the tactics forum or PM me your tactics that you use seeing how unusual some of your game stats are?

he tactics forum or PM me your tactics that you use seeing how unusual some of your game stats are?

I will do that later, no problem. I anticipate people will pick fault with my tactic, but it has been designed to give us a number of ways to score – and it creates chances in those ways, yet what appear to me to be incredibly effective and simple chances (i.e. close-range shots and one-on-ones) are missed anyway. All my players have high morale and 100% tactical familiarity.

It's like I need to devise a tactic that lets my players score the types of goals the AI do – i.e. wrong-foot 50-yard screamers from low morale, low match fitness, fifth-choice right backs. 

I would note that I don't have "counter" ticked a lot of the time. This seems to be the way to make first-touch 50-yard passes suddenly become freakishly accurate. 

Edited by Eddie Boop

4 minutes ago, Eddie Boop said:

I will do that later, no problem. I anticipate people will pick fault with my tactic, but it has been designed to give us a number of ways to score – and it creates chances in those ways, yet what appear to me to be incredibly effective and simple chances (i.e. close-range shots and one-on-ones) are missed anyway. All my players have high morale and 100% tactical familiarity.

It's like I need to devise a tactic that lets my players score the types of goals the AI do – i.e. wrong-foot 50-yard screamers from low morale, low match fitness, fifth-choice right backs. 

I would note that I don't have "counter" ticked a lot of the time. This seems to be the way to make first-touch 50-yard passes suddenly become freakishly accurate. 

Here we go – note how effective it is defensively (again, unrealistic) with only six goals conceded.

716341772_ScreenShot2020-05-15at15_02_47.thumb.png.0f74cda5b1877f5278c255c5a7ceb06e.png1455784586_ScreenShot2020-05-15at15_03_03.thumb.png.f7f4e6dee6bdc36d23c7140024d3376a.png

This is defensively more stable than it should be absolutely!

However.

Attacking wise you should have far more frustrations than you have though too if this were to be a realistic sim (at 2.x Goals per match you are hardly massively struggling to score overall). That's simply shoving all players forward where they park in front or inside the box, holding a picnic, upon which they are immediately pushed, no matter who receives the next pass. It's playing into the hands of teams sitting Deep and should encourage additionally poor/er shots // additional set pieces.

The UI needs more cues to display this too. This kinda thing is very very popular in the tactical download scene, btw. Has been for quite some time.

Edited by Svenc

12 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

I think u can specifically criticize a player's defending in the interaction tab if I'm not mistaken?

You don't need to personally reply to every post in here mate - sometimes people just want to vent.

13 hours ago, Svenc said:

This is defensively more stable than it should be absolutely!

However.

Attacking wise you should have far more frustrations than you have though too if this were to be a realistic sim (at 2.x Goals per match you are hardly massively struggling to score overall). That's simply shoving all players forward where they park in front or inside the box, holding a picnic, upon which they are immediately pushed, no matter who receives the next pass. It's playing into the hands of teams sitting Deep and should encourage additionally poor/er shots // additional set pieces.

The UI needs more cues to display this too. This kinda thing is very very popular in the tactical download scene, btw. Has been for quite some time.

Thanks for replying. I take your point on all this, and I realise the trade-off of a high-pressing style can be that you're always playing against a tight, packed defence. I would add that this is a logic that certainly applies to real football, but that I don't think particularly does to FM, which is unmistakably in this match engine a flawed approximation of real football. Also the stats are skewed by a 9-0 victory over Brighton.

Irrespective, I've tried to mitigate things mentioned in your point. I have two extremely tall strikers, Maxi Gomez and Tammy Abraham, to receive crosses from two wing backs with excellent crossing stats. They regularly win headers and volleys from, at most, 10 yards out – and these almost always go at the goalkeeper.

In the build-up phase, both strikers peel wide to drag out centre backs – and Kulusevski, my attacking mid, bursts from deep. He is also very tall and gets on the end of crosses. Most, again, go tamely at the goalkeeper.

Mason Mount is a player with a high long shots stat. Another source of goals against a packed defence. He shoots straight at the goalkeeper from a favourable angle 18 yards out.

I think most importantly, the 5-3-2 is a formation that naturally gets pushed back anyway, giving you room to counter. If the AI plays wide, their winger always can dribble a significant amount without the WB engaging him, because the WB will always drop back in line with the CBs defensively, irrespective of ball positioning. So, when we win the ball back, there is the option for a quick counter, or for a pass into the midfield and a through ball to spring Abraham through, who is extremely quick. Again, this works well. The one-on-ones are missed 85% of the time.

The sad truth is that a lot of my goals come from set pieces, purely because I've got, with the exception of Jorginho, Mount and the wing backs, a tall team. If not that, it's a cross from Lazzarri to Renan Lodi. None of which is really what I've set the tactic up to do. 

I'd say we have ways of scoring everywhere, and the tactic works offensively as I'd hope it would. But for some reason, what appear to me to be extremely simple chances (shots from six yards out, one-on-ones) are missed far, far too often.

I suppose my question is, what is a clear cut chance that the game thinks is a clear cut chance, and that I should score from? Is it a near post header from a corner? 

Edited by Eddie Boop

1 hour ago, Eddie Boop said:

Irrespective, I've tried to mitigate things mentioned in your point. I have two extremely tall strikers, Maxi Gomez and Tammy Abraham, to receive crosses from two wing backs with excellent crossing stats. They regularly win headers and volleys from, at most, 10 yards out – and these almost always go at the goalkeeper.

In the build-up phase, both strikers peel wide to drag out centre backs – and Kulusevski, my attacking mid, bursts from deep. He is also very tall and gets on the end of crosses. Most, again, go tamely at the goalkeeper.

crosses are going to always produce the least quality chances no matter how good your crossing and how tall your player is. the key to it is to create space so that your striker or whoever is designed to get the end of these crosses can head the ball relatively uncontested which will increase the chances of you scoring from a cross. same with long shots really. the angle of the shot and how contested is the shot is going to make a big difference.

1 hour ago, Eddie Boop said:

I suppose my question is, what is a clear cut chance that the game thinks is a clear cut chance, and that I should score from? Is it a near post header from a corner? 

since the game cannot calculate xG, very often what they think is a clear cut chance is really not and the opposite is also true. if you want to know what shots are going to give u the highest chance at scoring, just look up a goals compilation from any good team really. ive posted here before and the majority of shots that is going to result in a goal is always a relatively uncontested shot from a cutback, a rebound or a long shot directly facing the goal.

19 hours ago, Eddie Boop said:

Here we go – note how effective it is defensively (again, unrealistic) with only six goals conceded.

716341772_ScreenShot2020-05-15at15_02_47.thumb.png.0f74cda5b1877f5278c255c5a7ceb06e.png1455784586_ScreenShot2020-05-15at15_03_03.thumb.png.f7f4e6dee6bdc36d23c7140024d3376a.png

may i know what is the reasoning behind defend wider for a high pressing system? other than that, the formation and roles that u have chosen is quite good for a high pressing system so im not surprised that u are going to concede very few.

Honestly this just kills any sort of desire to play this game.

Arsenal v Brentford_ Match Stats.png

Could have won that 4-2 on players laying the ball off instead of shooting alone. Thats without factoring in players just hitting it at the goalkeeper from 6 yards out.

Even ignoring the massive issues with the actual ME I have posted these 3 bugs within the last week

And these are only the ones I could be bothered to upload. Club vision is a mess, player interactions are as broken as ever, I still have to change the text size every time I load up the game as it doesn't remember it. I've even noticed a recent bug where loads of regen strikers have low finishing which is clearly a game breaker.

I literally wouldn't be playing this game at all if it wasn't for lockdown. At this stage it would take a minor miracle for me to purchase FM 21, I surely cannot be the only one that thinks like this? 

Edited by ajw10

23 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

may i know what is the reasoning behind defend wider for a high pressing system? other than that, the formation and roles that u have chosen is quite good for a high pressing system so im not surprised that u are going to concede very few.

Defend wider so that the wide CMs help out the wing backs, and stop a two-on-one from the opposing full back and winger. 

33 minutes ago, Eddie Boop said:

Defend wider so that the wide CMs help out the wing backs, and stop a two-on-one from the opposing full back and winger. 

That's the natural downside of playing with wingback though. However if you are happy with what you are seeing then I guess there is no reason to change. However defend wider will naturally reduce the effectiveness of your pressing as the players are defending further from each other.

Thought it might be worth giving the game another try after a couple of months, spend a good few hours getting all my tactics and set pieces set up how I like

first game lose 4-3, all 7 goals come from corners, 1 direct header and 6 come from the ball not getting cleared properly, bobbling about before being smashed home.

second game I lose 2-0, keeper gets panned by the commentary and plays a 4.0 rating because twice my defender plays a slack ball that puts their defender in on goal - yes apparently it's the keepers fault for rushing out and being beaten at his near post...

*sigh*

Summer 2020 and just had Norwich (who finished 13th, consortium takeover) bid £88m for Neres, however after Neres turned them down he accused me of forcing him out of the club, when I went into the conversation interaction there was no option to say 'the offer was too good to turn down' and all options were as if I had transfer listed him/offered him to clubs. The only financial chat options were the club needed money which it doesn't.

Can I win Yes...can I score Yes...do I see different goals Yes. 

So what is my problem with the game and ME.

1. 1v1 are still really bad.

2. Keepers even at very lower league level are all D Gea's making wonder saves and shot blocking that would see them playing in the top world leagues.

3. Players with high speed/dribbling/game intelligence just run at the defender and not around him, straight at him and loses the ball all too often.

4.Ball goes to the by line and the player runs for it, stops the ball and then carries on moving till he's 6ft past the ball and allows the defender to catch up ad just take the ball away. Same player can also run with the ball and instead of just stopping, he dribbles the ball out for a throw in/by kick.

5. So many penalties being awarded, even in friendlies, far too many and also too many nonsense red cards. Don't get me started on loads of stupid wee injuries, every 2nd day another player gets a groin injury, or a twisted ankle etc, just far too many considering it's to players with low injury risk.

I don't mind my wide men scoring a lot as I play with 2 inside forwards and 2 wingbacks, my goals are pretty well spread out amongst players.

@Robioto I agree with most of what you say and a lot of the issues with the ME can be put down to dreadful defending and awareness. Scoring goals from set pieces is just far too easy. You don't have to come up with some ingenious routines to regularly score both from corners and free kicks, as the defenders just don't mark players very well. With this knowledge, having your best headers of the ball attacking the posts, especially the far post for some reason, is likely to give you more goals than any AI team, regardless of how good a side you are.
This does of course become quite infuriating when you see your opponents doing the same to you, especially those wide/deep free kicks which they float to the far post and your defenders/markers just stand there and watch the striker head it in.
So it becomes a case of outscoring them at set pieces to try and get ahead.
Throw-ins are also still screwed up as it would appear that all your players who take them suddenly have turned into Rory Delap and can hurl the ball 30+ yards. There also seems to be a glitch - yes you've guessed it - with defending these throws as sometimes the defenders don't even mark the strikers, let the ball drop and allow a free shot on goal from about 5yds out. Most of which, unlike one-on-ones I might add, find the back of the net.

But I think the most annoying part of defending for me is when an opponent goes on a run, typically from their own half, and your defender just stands and watches them go by and by the time your player reacts to it, it's far too late. One way to try and negate this is to use 'Get Stuck In'. The defender will still let the man run past him most of the time but using this PI seems to be the only way he'll try and tackle if he ever catches up to him. It really shouldn't be this way.
If it wasn't for the ineptness of strikers to score when clean through on goal, I'm sure we'd see ridiculously high scoring games on a regular basis.

As for the contract issue, it doesn't seem to be as bad as in FM19 but it's still frustrating enough to have players asking for new deals far too often.

Do these kinds of sequence happen to you too? like the striker takes the ball from the defender

It happens at least 2-3 times every game whether against me or against AI, it's horrible

4 hours ago, Issy said:

Do these kinds of sequence happen to you too? like the striker takes the ball from the defender

It happens at least 2-3 times every game whether against me or against AI, it's horrible

Yeah i posted about it too here. Its really annoying. Its not realistic at all, I see it happen many times. The numbers are way to much. And its not with bad teams or anything and even then it shouldnt happen this often also. Dunno if its a bug or you can really do something about it. I would say it is a bug as it happens way to much. The defender sometimes just freezes and then the attacker takes the ball easily to go for a 1 on 1 possibility. 

1 hour ago, f.zaarour said:

These things happen to me like once or twice in a season. Usually when my defenders are pressed like that they will pass the ball back to the GK to start build up from the back again or put a long pass to the wide areas. So it's either a specific issue for some players or your players are being asked to do something they are not good at or some tactical issues or a combination of these things. From the first video, when your CB was robbed of the ball they have pushed very high up the field almost to the middle line with little support from your players as most of your players have pushed up until they are behind the opposition midfield line. This is usually an indication of poor build up structure and will make you prone of these situations happening. 

Edit: @Issy this was meant as a reply to your post. Accidentally quoted the wrong post.

Edited by zyfon5

il y a 30 minutes, zyfon5 a dit :

These things happen to me like once or twice in a season. Usually when my defenders are pressed like that they will pass the ball back to the GK to start build up from the back again or put a long pass to the wide areas. So it's either a specific issue for some players or your players are being asked to do something they are not good at or some tactical issues or a combination of these things. From the first video, when your CB was robbed of the ball they have pushed very high up the field almost to the middle line with little support from your players as most of your players have pushed up until they are behind the opposition midfield line. This is usually an indication of poor build up structure and will make you prone of these situations happening. 

Edit: @Issy this was meant as a reply to your post. Accidentally quoted the wrong post.

Except i'm Werder not Mainz. 

But it happens to me too, even with good defender who can raise well from back like Moisander, Vogt or Gvardiol, Denayer,... they are doing the same mistake. 

I however ask to not take risk in pass and to dribble less in team AND individual instruction but nothing change. So its not my fault especially when the IA is doing the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Issy said:

Except i'm Werder not Mainz. 

But it happens to me too, even with good defender who can raise well from back like Moisander, Vogt or Gvardiol, Denayer,... they are doing the same mistake. 

I however ask to not take risk in pass and to dribble less in team AND individual instruction but nothing change. So its not my fault especially when the IA is doing the same thing. 

Whether it's AI or you my statement still holds as the ME is the same for both sides. And I've said it's just not the specific player you also have to consider the buildup structure which involves the whole team and it's too complicated to discuss it here.

Don't know if this really counts as feedback but I just cannot get into this game,

I played 18 to death, skipped 19 and bought 20. I'm not someone who often does huge multi year saves and in previous versions I've often started an dropped multiple saves before finding 'the one. However in 20 I've not made it to Christmas on a single save yet. I don't really know why but nothing is grabbing me and sucking me in- maybe it is me but the games just feels a bit soulless at this point.

12 hours ago, KingCanary said:

Don't know if this really counts as feedback but I just cannot get into this game,

I played 18 to death, skipped 19 and bought 20. I'm not someone who often does huge multi year saves and in previous versions I've often started an dropped multiple saves before finding 'the one. However in 20 I've not made it to Christmas on a single save yet. I don't really know why but nothing is grabbing me and sucking me in- maybe it is me but the games just feels a bit soulless at this point.

Try managing your favourite team. If that doesn't grip you then maybe nothing will. 

Just now, Travis Bickle said:

Try managing your favourite team. If that doesn't grip you then maybe nothing will. 

I always do that initially- still just a bit 'meh' about the whole thing. 

I've got a few free evenings coming up so I'll give it another shot.

22 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

I always do that initially- still just a bit 'meh' about the whole thing. 

I've got a few free evenings coming up so I'll give it another shot.

Try your favourite team, or maybe a new league you're interested in. Sometimes I suffer the same problem, but I find it if I get through a couple of months and start building an attachment to players then I become immersed. Try and get through a season if you can. 

On 16/05/2020 at 09:58, Eddie Boop said:

Until SI have this worked out, we will have these kind of discussions forever. :D (And even if they do, every match where a side had the better chances and dropped the points may still be perceived as a bug, when it needn't necessarily be).

What I'd be working on either way is that it's oft too easy to get shots that -- obviously -- don't seem to have that high a chance of conversion. In parts that is match engine related (too little pressure on the shooter), in parts that will be AI tactics related (too passive too readily), and so on. Naturally, the actually higher quality chances would also need to be checiked, and if they are being converted at realistic ratios (the perceived one on one problem).

A while ago I'd reported similar AI tactics to yours (everybody move foward), and it cost the AI points on that release. It should have actually cost it more, imo. At least it resulted in horrible football, with additional set pieces all over the place, as the opposition defenders had zero ground to cover.

Edited by Svenc

I've laid off here for a while as I know I'm boring and repetitive. However, all I keep seeing is ME issue after ME issue and it's ruining my game. How some users don't have these in their game is mystifying. This one today annoyed me more than most so felt compelled to vent! I do question whether or not some users have errors like this but wilfully ignore them or pretend they're not there in their quest to defend the ME.  Another problem is for me to even show the ridiculousness of it all takes a few posts, can that be changed in any way as it is not only time consuming but irritating! 

I'm in my 5th season in South Africa with Tuks and have started really well after getting the players I want and building a team that is playing how I want them to play. I've been relatively succedsful after gaining promotion in the 1st and winning the African Conf. Cup twice. This season could be the season I finally topple the mighty Orlando Pirates, the all depends on the ME/game. Here are pictures of my most recent game and my early schedule.

University of Pretoria_ Fixtures.png

Jomo Cosmos v Tuks_ Review.png

Opposition throw in on my left and my right back (Balo number 14) starts in a decent position covering their left-winger in his natural position. He then proceeds to move central and my half-back (Matsemela) kinda has to drop deep for him.

Jomo Cosmos v Tuks_ Pitch-3.png

Jomo Cosmos v Tuks_ Pitch-4.png

Balo then decides to go to the left side of the pitch for no reason, like a headless idiot which begins to leave a massive gap in the right-back position!

Jomo Cosmos v Tuks_ Pitch-5.png

Inevitably the ball finds its way to their left-winger who is in acres of space and of course he scores! My strikers then go on to miss a fair few shots. Can somebody please explain the reason why mi right-back did this? Was it tactical? It can't have been! No player in their right mind would do that! I'm sick of these things happening. Showing this alone has taken too much time! Imagine if we did this for every stupid thing that happens in the ME; it would be stupid! This process needs to be easier so players can show all of the stupid things the ME does so it's harder for people to dismiss. 

Jomo Cosmos v Tuks_ Pitch-6.png

Jomo Cosmos v Tuks_ Pitch-7.png

So little update on my Bayern Munich save - now I’m in the 2034/35 season. My honest opinion - the games fine. 1 on 1s are a bit skewed but tbh - the game is fantastic. 
I’ve now started to figure out the nuances of the engine and the games got most things down to a tee. Won the champs league twice, league 4 times. 
In terms of the game it’s the first time in my opinion that not only are traits a must, but the right ones as well. Solving finishing in the game came down to one trait. Places shots. If any of your strikers learns this trait, the game becomes infinitely easier. Players who couldn’t get over 10 goals were now hitting 20/25 per season. 
Tactics also matter and you DO need to learn about your players, which means playing games. I managed to get my team firstly competent and win the league playing 4231, we were efficient on the ball but rubbish at finishing. I started dabbling with 343/352 and was starting to get better results. In the end I’ve actually settled on 442. I’ve been unbeaten using 442, then tried the tiki taka Guardiola tactic which is on YouTube uploaded by FM Scout and realised about half way through that it’s good, but it’s nowhere near as good for me personally as my 442 so I went back to it and comfortably won the league. 
There has been one amusing bug which I screenshotted which showed a future vision from my new chairman but it was notifying me that it came from my old chairman. 
Honestly though the games fine. Work on the correct traits, especially places shots trait for all strikers and the game gets so much easier!

Edited by Courage89

Throw in...GOAL, free kick...Goal, corner...Goal, through balls for 1v1...MISS, attempts on goal 42...on target 23 and win 1-0. 

Food poisoning for 3-4 days, bruised ankle 3-4 days, twisted ankle 3-4 days...constant niggly wee injuries all season long.

As I said before, no problem winning but this version of the game is just horrendous and for me impossible to get into it properly, no enjoyment whatsoever.

51 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Throw in...GOAL, free kick...Goal, corner...Goal, through balls for 1v1...MISS, attempts on goal 42...on target 23 and win 1-0. 

Food poisoning for 3-4 days, bruised ankle 3-4 days, twisted ankle 3-4 days...constant niggly wee injuries all season long.

As I said before, no problem winning but this version of the game is just horrendous and for me impossible to get into it properly, no enjoyment whatsoever.

if you want the game to be easier just get an in game editor

12 hours ago, Courage89 said:

So little update on my Bayern Munich save - now I’m in the 2034/35 season. My honest opinion - the games fine. 1 on 1s are a bit skewed but tbh - the game is fantastic. 
I’ve now started to figure out the nuances of the engine and the games got most things down to a tee. Won the champs league twice, league 4 times. 
In terms of the game it’s the first time in my opinion that not only are traits a must, but the right ones as well. Solving finishing in the game came down to one trait. Places shots. If any of your strikers learns this trait, the game becomes infinitely easier. Players who couldn’t get over 10 goals were now hitting 20/25 per season. 
Tactics also matter and you DO need to learn about your players, which means playing games. I managed to get my team firstly competent and win the league playing 4231, we were efficient on the ball but rubbish at finishing. I started dabbling with 343/352 and was starting to get better results. In the end I’ve actually settled on 442. I’ve been unbeaten using 442, then tried the tiki taka Guardiola tactic which is on YouTube uploaded by FM Scout and realised about half way through that it’s good, but it’s nowhere near as good for me personally as my 442 so I went back to it and comfortably won the league. 
There has been one amusing bug which I screenshotted which showed a future vision from my new chairman but it was notifying me that it came from my old chairman. 
Honestly though the games fine. Work on the correct traits, especially places shots trait for all strikers and the game gets so much easier!

@Weston

Here seems to be one positive feedback for places shot. Weird. ;)

I think this sums it up: I was a goal down and, as my final attacking change, I replaced one centre back with a taller one because I knew a set piece was my best/only chance to score.

In previous versions, there's always been an acceptance that there would be bugs at release, but they would be sorted out by the winter patch. I think this is the first time – in terms of the match engine, at least – that this absolutely hasn't been the case. 

Edited by Eddie Boop

1 minute ago, dolph11 said:

He doesn't want the game to be easier. He wants it to represent football more realistically. 

since i have no idea about how the match actually play out for him, i am replying regarding to his complaints about the injuries. Or is he asking for more injuries? Sorry if i misunderstood that. if he wants realistic injuries, he will get A LOT more injuries since FM toned down injury frequency compared to real life which he can also do it by downloading a realistic injury mod or through the editor itself. the scenario he described is not too far away from a realistic match either. Chelsea scored from their only corner in their famous match against Bayern in the 2012 Champions league final. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_UEFA_Champions_League_Final#Statistics

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

Now imagine if SI didn't decrease the amount of injuries we get in comparison to real world (80-85%, IIRC?), thanks to posts like this.

And then people are crying for more realism. :lol:

This is probably question for the skinning forum, but so I don't open a new thread just because of this there -

Do you guys maybe know some FM 2020 skin that has larger player icons/jerseys on a tactic screen?

Thank you

Screenshot_8.png