Football Manager 2020 - Feature Announcement Blogs

1 minute ago, Akasha said:

Hi, 

I think you are forgetting that not everyone has computer with big config, and i'm the first one (for the moment)

FM must remain accessible to everyone.

You do know the argument I made was around this right? Did you read my post? I argued that you can keep the low min specs while still having better graphics and compared it with many other games with similar low specs, but better graphics. 

Read my post again please. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i read it, and i find that FM graphics are enough. 

Which graphics do you think need to be improved ? ME graphics ? It's not necessary for me. 

I think that the improvements of the last few years in the gameplay are much more important, no ?

6 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Which graphics do you think need to be improved ? ME graphics ? It's not necessary for me. 

I think that the improvements of the last few years in the gameplay are much more important, no ?

Of course, but improvements in gameplay arent everything. I never said anything about gameplay didnt i? 

The graphics are from the 2000s. We want realism dont we? Better graphics are possible without hindering low end players, thats my whole point. Why arent we aiming for that? I think all graphics can be improved. This will surely attract newer players who are used to better graphics. 

I dont understand how people are just accepting graphics from the 2000s with arguments like this. If it can be better, why not aim for better? 

Edited by Double0Seven

50 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Specs are not only about graphics. They are limiting simulation aspect of the game by specs.

Dont care about also ME graphics or some editor, but inject more power to ME, the AI could differ and use their potential better, each year should stack on different outcomes and make the AI better. There seems not that big leap and seems more been hold back by this. In the latest FMs the starting year most of go the same as always, you know what guys will be bought for big clubs etc.

I understand that lower PC consumers want to play also FM and i agree it is good to have this wide spread. When tablet veresion came out, i was hoping they will create this kind of lite version to PC also and thus those who have higher PC can have this more advance version of the game. (edit: seeing these new SS of interface, they tend to be more for tablet users to simplify view for them, but that is just my opinion, will see if good quality of life when it comes out)

I would love to SI make option to agree into AI learning. Where there is feedback to AI how us player AI also make moves or tactics so they can use this input making the game better. Machine learning should be used when it comes to simulation that come out every year. I really hope this idea for them.

Edited by saihtam

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

FM is the only PC game I play, and I daresay I'm not the only one. I have a console if I want to play games with fancy graphics.  I usually watch the games in 2D anyway. 

Yeah it's the only game I play too, Stadia would be great for me but it's expensive, especially a monthly fee on top of already off the intial outlay, FM is the only game I play so wouldn't use it for anything apart from that.  I only watch 3d games though, wouldn't be able to go back to 2d now.  I just have it on the lowest possible so it can run without skipping but sometimes still have issues.

8 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

FM is the only PC game I play, and I daresay I'm not the only one. I have a console if I want to play games with fancy graphics.  I usually watch the games in 2D anyway. 

Same here only games i play on PC myself are FM and PES 2020.   

Would much rather a blog telling us about a feature with a video showcasing it than these twitter polls.   Unless the polls are just to fill the gap before the 'bigger' announcements.  

Edited by ChelseaSince86

1 hour ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Same here only games i play on PC myself are FM and PES 2020.   

Would much rather a blog telling us about a feature with a video showcasing it than these twitter polls.   Unless the polls are just to fill the gap before the 'bigger' announcements.  

? We have had the big  announcements.  

2 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Cue the outcry of "How is that a new feature", "Let me buy a house" etc etc

I love a Steam achievement as much as the next guy, but this could open up a can of complaining worms

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

Cue the outcry of "How is that a new feature", "Let me buy a house" etc etc

I love a Steam achievement as much as the next guy, but this could open up a can of complaining worms

They really should have at least introduced a feature that would allow you to fund your own coaching course out of your salary. As a compromise, it could have been added as a potential 'salary sacrifice' clause when negotiating a contract with a club. This is key for lower league managers that like to start with no badges (who often start out at cash-strapped clubs).

There could have even been an achievement linked to doing this. Such a simple, missed opportunity.

Edited by rdbayly

5 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Being a massive pedant, I'm going to point out that no release date yet means we don't actually know if it's two weeks to the Beta - it could be longer. And while I'm surprised there's no solid date for release been announced, I'm being fairly relaxed about it. Software development isn't always predictable; we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes at SI.

And what I would also say is this; no one EXPECTS you to pre-order it. It's an option available to you. Similarly, following Miles' personal Twitter account is a choice, not a mandatory duty. He's free to post whatever he likes. The official source of information is the Football Manager account, and I'm sure they'll announce the release date as soon as they can.

It's Friday afternoon - relax!  :thup:

I'm not on Twitter. I just Google it to check if there's any news on fm20.  Couldn't give a flying fig what cornflakes he eats.

I pre-order because I'm an fm junky. Have been since the old Amiga days.

I was going off historical times for betas and game releases. It's been the same for years so I see no reason it will differ.

And I'm chilled out. Had a pint & 2 cans of beer already. 

23 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Being a massive pedant, I'm going to point out that no release date yet means we don't actually know if it's two weeks to the Beta - it could be longer. And while I'm surprised there's no solid date for release been announced, I'm being fairly relaxed about it. Software development isn't always predictable; we just don't know what's going on behind the scenes at SI.

And what I would also say is this; no one EXPECTS you to pre-order it. It's an option available to you. Similarly, following Miles' personal Twitter account is a choice, not a mandatory duty. He's free to post whatever he likes. The official source of information is the Football Manager account, and I'm sure they'll announce the release date as soon as they can.

No one expects you to pre order but they dangle a carrot of 10% off for pre orders

5 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

I'm not on Twitter. I just Google it to check if there's any news on fm20.  Couldn't give a flying fig what cornflakes he eats.

I pre-order because I'm an fm junky. Have been since the old Amiga days.

I was going off historical times for betas and game releases. It's been the same for years so I see no reason it will differ.

And I'm chilled out. Had a pint & 2 cans of beer already. 

I pre-order every year too - and you're dead-on right about the beta/release dates. But there must be some reason it's different this year, so I guess we just have to be patient. 

Enjoy the beers - some of us are still working! :)

1 minute ago, prot651 said:

No one expects you to pre order but they dangle a carrot of 10% off for pre orders

It's only a £4 carrot, doubt it's enough to truly sway people to take the plunge - especially as there are always better offers around if you look.

4 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

It's only a £4 carrot, doubt it's enough to truly sway people to take the plunge - especially as there are always better offers around if you look.

Depends where you are in the world ? Not everyone is from the UK

23 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

FM twitter actually referred to miles a few times for more information. So he is an official source of FM information. Would be weird saying the director isn't one would it? 

1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

FM twitter actually referred to miles a few times for more information. So he is an official source of FM information. Would be weird saying the director isn't one would it? 

His twitter header literally says it's his personal account  and not for tech support or customer services. Sure he posts news about the game there, but all I mean is I'd not regard it as the holy grail of FM news when there's an actual FM account to follow.

anyone have the list of retailers who are offering the beta access?

Used to be released on here but i cant find it.  also had a browse on game's website to see how much they are retailing it and they seem to think release date is 1/11/2019   :rolleyes:  Obviously they are all guessing because another retailer thinks  its 30th november.  I do love this time of year

Edited by ChelseaSince86

36 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

I pre-order every year too - and you're dead-on right about the beta/release dates. But there must be some reason it's different this year, so I guess we just have to be patient. 

Enjoy the beers - some of us are still working! :)

Thank you my friend. If we can't vent our frustrations on a forum, then what else can we do? 

No need to fall out. Just would have liked a match engine 'work in progress' video by now. 

Ill still buy it because I'm an addict. 

39 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

His twitter header literally says it's his personal account  and not for tech support or customer services. Sure he posts news about the game there, but all I mean is I'd not regard it as the holy grail of FM news when there's an actual FM account to follow.

He literally just tweeted that he hopes to announce release dates next week.

If that's not important news about the game, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

anyone have the list of retailers who are offering the beta access?

Used to be released on here but i cant find it.  also had a browse on game's website to see how much they are retailing it and they seem to think release date is 1/11/2019   :rolleyes:  Obviously they are all guessing because another retailer thinks  its 30th november.  I do love this time of year

The retailers here are the ones offering beta access with preorder https://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list

2 hours ago, rdbayly said:

They really should have at least introduced a feature that would allow you to fund your own coaching course out of your salary. As a compromise, it could have been added as a potential 'salary sacrifice' clause when negotiating a contract with a club. This is key for lower league managers that like to start with no badges (who often start out at cash-strapped clubs).

There could have even been an achievement linked to doing this. Such a simple, missed opportunity.

I’m really not a fan of the whole using the salary to do anything, with this being the only exception.
It doesn’t make sense that you can’t improve as a manager (by improving licenses which improves attributes) just because you’re at a club with limited resources, where in reality these are the very clubs go to to seek personal improvement. 
On a side note, coaches (I believe) and players (I know) can pay for their own coaching courses, can AI managers?

Funny how many fans of different games want to be developer/PR/whathaveyou of the game they love. Maybe next year they'll release an FM Developer sim and folks can properly manage a release.

Suppose  it shouldn't be too much of a surprise as for many the main attraction is "I can do job N" better than people in real life. 

In real life I've found people who have a reputation for being "bad at PR" are the ones I work best with.  Hard workers, internally motivated, direct = incredibly efficient.  Great people to work with. 

15 minutes ago, ChristmasTree83 said:

Anything on new player roles/instructions yet? Be interesting to see if Sheffield United's system of overlapping centre backs gets an airing.

on some screenshots you can see the new role: Inverted Winger.

2 hours ago, whyidie said:

Funny how many fans of different games want to be developer/PR/whathaveyou of the game they love. Maybe next year they'll release an FM Developer sim and folks can properly manage a release.

Suppose  it shouldn't be too much of a surprise as for many the main attraction is "I can do job N" better than people in real life. 

In real life I've found people who have a reputation for being "bad at PR" are the ones I work best with.  Hard workers, internally motivated, direct = incredibly efficient.  Great people to work with. 

Not sure what do you for work, but "bad at PR" and being a hard worker are things that are drastically different that have nothing to do with each other as far as I know. 

2 hours ago, whyidie said:

What on Gods earth are you waffling on about?

9 hours ago, whyidie said:

Don't make sense whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Most people have Xmas as a day off 😁

It's the most wonderful time of the year to play games aha. Multiplayer lobbies are a hoot on xmas. No better feeling than setting up a save on xmas and start a long journey xD