Man City 6 - 0 Chelsea - Your biggest defeat on FM?

I lost 5-0 to Real Madrid in the 2nd leg of a Champions League semi-final with Everton. Score from the first leg? 4-0 to me...

Thier final goal came in injury time as well. My fist nearly went through my monitor, but I just about restrained myself. This was in FM2015.

Not my biggest but my worst by far.

Biggest that I can remember would be reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup with Conference North Salford City in the first season in FM 2018, I lost 9-0 away to Aston Villa... At least I got a lot of money from it!

I think I mentioned in another thread recently that my Dag & Red team once lost 9-1 to Man Utd in the Premier League on FM13. That's my heaviest defeat ever.

My worst defeat on FM19 (so far) was the one below. This match decided whether my Fiorentina team would progress to the knockout rounds of the Europa League. We only needed a draw at Malmö, whom we'd beaten 5-0 earlier in the group phase. Cue a spectacular defensive collapse, and a shock early exit from Europe.

1f51aa40738d67741f621626211f2f9a.png

I have back to back 0-5 losses against Man Utd at Old Trafford. I really struggle against them away. Something I have had problems with on the last 5 version no matter what team I use. They really are my bogey team.

On 11/02/2019 at 22:04, Smurf said:

Lost to Barcelon 7-1 the other day, playing as Atletico Madrid. Hadn't lost a game in 46 matches.

Haha had an 18 game /win/ streak and lost I think it ended 6-1 to United? We had 4 CCC, 2 HC. They had about 1 CCC, and 3 HC. Love this game :D

I've managed to avoid any catastrophic scorelines, thankfully. My biggest defeat was a 4-0 loss away at Feyenoord in my first Dutch Klassieker in FM18. It was a result that would prove fateful: I changed tactics and would go on to secure 7 Eredivisie titles; 6 Dutch Cups; 1 Champions League; and 2 seasons unbeaten in domestic football. 

Was still annoyed about it 7 seasons later right enough. 

17 minutes ago, dafuge said:

fM6RotF.png

Beaten 14-0 by my former club in a stadium named after me!

Ding Ding! We have a winner. I don't think anyone will beat that. Not just in terms of the scoreline, but the occasion too. The stadium being named after you is the icing on the cake. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Lost to Porto at Old Trafford 5-0 after winning the first leg 3-1, my defense became thin due to injuries and I had to play 2 star left backs who absolutely got slaughtered by their pacey brazillian regens. This was with a side that put up 104 points in the prmier league but got floored in the first KO. hard to imagine how the reactions would play out in real life if something this embarrassing would occur.

I lost 14-1 to Arsenal in FM16 as Newcastle

To be fair I had a defender sent off in the first minute, then had a midfielder sent off before the 10th minute and then I had 2 players injured.

It was a dark day lol

I have had my fair share of thrashings over the years. I cannot remember them all!

The most recent was against Chelsea, second game as the new Leicester manager. I got pumped 2-6. At home. Both my goals were after we went 6-0 down. Quite chastening, that.

I seem to recall getting destroyed by Spurs 7-1 last year as well. Stupid London teams.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:32, XaW said:

I have back to back 0-5 losses against Man Utd at Old Trafford. I really struggle against them away. Something I have had problems with on the last 5 version no matter what team I use. They really are my bogey team.

I see you manage Uzda, I have just joined them and it's my first ever time in the Belarus league, is it any good? I notice we can only sign players from that country so I imagine that this is quite difficult?

5 minutes ago, Donald1705 said:

I see you manage Uzda, I have just joined them and it's my first ever time in the Belarus league, is it any good? I notice we can only sign players from that country so I imagine that this is quite difficult?

Well, I play them as part of a youth-only challenge, so I haven't done much with transfers. For the league itself it's quite short with only 30 league games and a single cup. I got promoted to the top tier in my first season and are just starting the 2nd, so I can't say much for how it is. I didn't find the 2nd tier especially hard.

Ps9yIGf.png

The cup extends into the next season though, so that's a bit strange. Other than that the leagues runs spring -> autumn instead of autumn-> spring as in England for instance. Not sure how that will impact should I reach Europe.

I lost 8-0 to Liverpool as Atlanta United in final of World Club Championship!  I actually thought we had a chance of keeping it close ... and the following year we lost 3-0 to Real in the same game :( 

I lost 7-1 to Man Utd as Sampdoria in 1/2 of Chl in FM17. We lose first game 1-2 where we played carefully.
I tried to risk and I'm putting it all on and my team just can't be ready for this.

Several 0:5 defeats.

Very painfull was in FM 17 an European League group with me managing Galway United (Irish Premier League) vs, Hoffenheim (GE), Palermo (I) and Lyon (F). After an unlucky 2:3 defeat at home vs Palermo in the first match I was crushed with 0:5, 0:4 etc. ending with zero points.

Most recently a 0:5 defeat by MSV Duisburg (18th in the 2. Bundesliga) with me managing Vfl Bochum (9th, up to this defeat).

In my first PL season with Boston, I lost 11(eleven)-2 away at Man City. Only lost 2-1 in the home game, and then beat them at home the next season.

After 6 games of my 4th PL season, we're 4 points ahead of them with 18 points out of 18.

Archived