Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

12 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Just seems like another opportunity to boost morale ever so slightly.

I hardly ever use it. If you click on a team instruction, I have no idea if the players take extra notice in the game. Perhaps someone could confirm this?

For example, you have "Explot Left Flank" on team instructions.

In the team briefing you have an option to click this and say "I want us to exploit the left flank today". Is this carried out with emphasis in the game or is it just some sort of RPG element?

Would be great to get an official answer on this feature from what i understand no one really knows what it does so are ignoring it.

Edited by stoned_assasin

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dedwards15 said:

• Related, scouts seem to pay almost no real attention to the constraints the club is under. I had a go as Ipswich and got very frustrated at getting players recommended that costed £5mil+ when that is 25 times your budget. Whilst I can see the thought of "maybe this would be useful later for you" you should be able to filter these out if you know you're not going to be able to afford someone like that for a while.

Yes, and I'm also getting recommendations for players out for months with cruciate injuries, and also for players who have joined me weeks previously. The whole module needs looking at for the next update. 

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, and I'm also getting recommendations for players out for months with cruciate injuries, and also for players who have joined me weeks previously. The whole module needs looking at for the next update. 

Injuries seem to be a problem in general for me, If anything i am training the players alot lighter than previous releases yet the amount of injuries are sky high and much longer lasting when compared to fm17.

Guest El Payaso
8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I had a trial game with 2 strikers who combined beautifully. Most of my goals came from one passing across the box to the other who'd tap in. 

Now I've restarted and all my 4 strikers are poachers, so I've had to rejig to one up top, with less success.

Well this is an on running issue for years (at least it's a clear issue for me). My support duty striker for example is summing 40-60 pass attempts a game which is about 3 times more than a normal striker tries per game. Combine that with a runner alongside him and it's bound to be effective. I've been talking about this issue ever since FM 2015 and it's still there. This possibly could get better if strikers were by default made to defend and defenders behaving like they should: stepping up from the line if they have clear man advantage against the side attacking. That's how centre backs and full backs work in real life: compressing the space away and making it hard for a striker to perform and also for the rest of the team hard to pass the ball for him.

This is how teams generally in real life defend against strikers. As you can notice with Morata there is all the time someone on his back when he is receiving the ball as the United defense (like all of them) can basically always sacrifice one player to work as a 'jacket' for the striker. Of course you at times get more space in for example quick turnarounds but compared to FM ME the centre backs are giving far too much slack for the strikers to link up and by that it makes a simple support role for striker overpowering. Same applies to wide areas as full backs really rarely step up from the defensive line to tightly mark and close down the winger before he has received the ball and gained speed.

@Dagenham_Dave I think we have both been here long enough to realize that it's the AI suffering from all these things rather than us. On FM 2016 I had almost 80 game unbeaten run with Everton mainly using my own version of Simeone's 4-4-2 and with great defensive record.

It's not being obsessed about anything but the defensive shape that a 4-4-2 creates is simply stupid and makes the midfield really unbalanced with both strikers and especially playmakers having far too much of the ball. The midfield should be a battle ground but especially against a two striker formation this is newer going to be the case as in defense they always lack men under the ball. I just wish that SI could see it too as for example in FM 2013 strikers did defend on support duties and I remember that ME one of the best if not the best that they have created. 

1 hour ago, pizzachips said:

you dont have to go thru player by player.. there is a drop down named 'requested' and that list is whom you requested be scouted.. bear in mind once you request a player be scouted he doesnt get added to shortlist automatically so manually add that player

And that's great, but the main screen should really be a summary, and then drill down if you need to. It shouldn't be whatever happens to be at the top of a perhaps 20+ list of all sorts of things. I just don't understand the reasoning for why it is the way it is.

I've made systems for actual scouts and I can't imagine something like that would go down well.

On 11/10/2017 at 20:44, martplfc1 said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE CRAPPY MEDIA FFS :mad:

Joined Atalanta 11/04/21

Second game in charge, 7 days later:

20171110203636_1.thumb.jpg.e71276d725843dfcd6d1b17c6b21612e.jpg

We have LGBT awareness and Brexit but can't even try to address one of the most important aspects of the modern football.

Please log a thread in the bugs forum and upload a save game either before you join the club or before the question is asked. Also, please be more polite.

Quick question. Re Opposition Instructions. I can only apply these when I have started the game rather than before the game starts. There appears no way to do that in the Dressing Room Talk. Presumably I am missing something - a click or two somewhere else?

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Kazza

I have a question :

I'm playing my games 3d - key highlights - replays(only goals) .

On the beta everything was normal but now on my full game i'm getting 5/6 times each game a screen with the pitch, something (sometimes a corner or trown in) is shown but the screen immediately pops away again to my match screen overview and 'making tactical changes' but i didn't do anything.. very strange .

Can anyone help please ?

5 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Quick question. Re Opposition Instructions. I can only apply these when I have started the game rather than before the game starts. There appears no way to do that in the Dressing Room Talk. Presumably I am missing something - a click or two somewhere else?

Any help appreciated.

On the pre-match team talk, there should be a button up towards the left where you can click opposition instructions. And an Auto button to have the assistant setting the OIs.
Not very well explained but i hope you understand what i mean.

Edited by roykela

1 minute ago, roykela said:

On the pre-match team talk, there should be a button up towards the left where you can click opposition instructions. And an Auto button to have the assistant setting the OIs.
Not very well explained but i hope you understand what i mean.

Thank you

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, dedwards15 said:

• The scouting panel is... well I really dislike it. I've made software for football clubs, specifically for scouting. If I had created that interface for them, they'd have hated it. I have to go through, one at a time, players that I don't really care about before getting to players I've actually requested to scout. Some of the buttons are unclear (acknowledge vs. reject). What was once quite simple, has become unclear. Why not have that page not as a default, but have a more traditional list view giving you recommendations at a glance instead of the screen where you have to go through 10 notifications?
    • Related, scouts seem to pay almost no real attention to the constraints the club is under. I had a go as Ipswich and got very frustrated at getting players recommended that costed £5mil+ when that is 25 times your budget. Whilst I can see the thought of "maybe this would be useful later for you" you should be able to filter these out if you know you're not going to be able to afford someone like that for a while.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. 

Understand the new scouting inbox and meetings will take some adjusting too and may not be to everyone's tastes. Thought it best to point out that there is an alternative method of viewing players within your Scouting Inbox that users may not be aware of. 

From the below screenshot you will see the user has just received a Scouting Meeting into their inbox with 50+ recommendations. Observe there is a 'Scouted Players' link in the bottom right hand corner. 

image.thumb.png.8ac5024389656421d645e8eab5d57f51.png

If you click on this link then the user will be taken to the Players -> Scouted page. From here the user will be able to change a drop down to show two options. These will be 'All Scouted Players' and 'Players In Scouting Centre'. The 'Players In Scouting Centre' option will display all players who would be displayed in the Scouting Meeting in list form. The user will then have the option to select any actions on these players as they would in the scouting meeting, 'Keep Scouting', 'Discard', 'Acknowledge' etc. 

The 'Players In Scouting Centre' option will always be available to the user when navigating to the Players -> Scouted page.  

image.thumb.png.04cb4ffe4fad8b0c317828880db69958.png

In regards to the confusion about what certain buttons do on the report cards within the inbox, then there are tooltips on each option to give the user an indication. 

Buttons_0.thumb.JPG.c8e9c0b3d01cef7259f498470e2e4626.JPG

In regards to the scouts not taking into account the constraints that the club are currently under. What type of assignments had these scouts been sent on? Had a budget limit been set? 

Cheers,

Ben 

Struggling to find how to see a player's ability with each foot like I used to. It shows his preferred foot on many screens on the player profile, but I can't find the screen from previous FMs where it shows his ability with Right and Left. I don't always want to know just which is preferred, most of the time I'm curious how good his weaker is. 

The only workaround I've found is that it comes up when I do a player comparison. Surely there is an easier place and I've missed it? 

16 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

It'll bring changes to the ME though. 

I know your m.o on these threads but I subscribe to Rashidi's patreon and read his book , i spend half my work day on sites like Cleons, I've used the same base tactic for 3 games in a row so it's not like I'm angry cause I've downloaded "the new diablo" from some fansite and it's not working.  

The ME doesnt feel right to me just yet sms it'll save me nights of frustration if i just continue a 17 save till 18 has had a little polish.  If in the long term its still not enjoyable - these things happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for subscribing, I think you should bring this to the training and tactics forum, where I will be more than happy to help you out. I had written a longer post, but felt that it would be inappropriate as this is is a feedback thread. I do think that the patch won't solve your issues and I may have a few ideas as to what can. 

59 minutes ago, acmilano112000 said:

Struggling to find how to see a player's ability with each foot like I used to. It shows his preferred foot on many screens on the player profile, but I can't find the screen from previous FMs where it shows his ability with Right and Left. I don't always want to know just which is preferred, most of the time I'm curious how good his weaker is. 

The only workaround I've found is that it comes up when I do a player comparison. Surely there is an easier place and I've missed it? 

In the development  - tactics screen on his profile page at the top. 

Hy

In the General training screen I am trying to work out how to improve the closing down for the team.

Presumably if you want your team to improve their closing down skills, as a team, you train defending or would that be tactical?

Anyone else noticed any weird goings on with their team of the season at the end of season awards night?

The guy who played right wing for me (and finished with joint highest goals, top assists and highest average rating in the league as well as easily winning the fan's player of the season) was put in to the team at left full back. At right wing was a guy who made 10 appearances (only 1 start) with a crap average rating and was sold in January. My back-up right back was in the team at left wing. My main striker (who had joint highest goals and second highest average rating in the league and came second in the fan's player of the season award) didn't even make the team, losing out to my back-up striker (who also did have good stats but nowhere near as good and didn't even register in the vote for fan's player of the year).

Not a big deal by any means but a little odd to say the least. 

EDIT - also, not so weird as the above but it's annoying that after promotion, in your end of season team meeting the absolute best target you can set is a mid-table finish. My team had smashed the league, progressed well in the cups (and already had a high reputation relative to the league we were in). They were unhappy due to my low target, but even then the highest I could suggest was to finish in the play-offs next season. My players still were unhappy with that, so went from almost universally perfect morale at the start of the meeting to almost all middling morale in one fell swoop. I imagine not many teams would encounter that problem but it seems silly to me that you can't just suggest whatever goal for the following season you want rather than being limited to 3 or 4 possible ones.

Edited by clokey1988

The match engine is actually so crap this year that the games are almost always completely boring to watch.

Just came off yet another match where nobody on either side even attempted a tackle all game, and 7 of the 8 goals in a 5-3 result were tap-ins from inside the six yard box. Every goal is the same, possession is only ever lost via a stray pass (or cross that goes out nearer the corner flag than the goal for some dumb reason) or when the highlight ends, offsides everywhere, crosses players "didn't mean", almost zero shots that get aimed far post let alone goals at the far post, hardly any attacking headers from open play......the list goes on.

Pretty pathetic effort all round this year. 

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is anyone else getting random replays of events that aren't goals or even chances? Sometimes a replay will start of a nothing incident in a game, and I've no idea why it's playing. More obvious when watching on 2D with 3D replays. 

Yes i do. I posted it this afternoon..really strange.

5 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

Thanks for the constructive feedback. 

Understand the new scouting inbox and meetings will take some adjusting too and may not be to everyone's tastes. Thought it best to point out that there is an alternative method of viewing players within your Scouting Inbox that users may not be aware of. 

From the below screenshot you will see the user has just received a Scouting Meeting into their inbox with 50+ recommendations. Observe there is a 'Scouted Players' link in the bottom right hand corner. 

image.thumb.png.8ac5024389656421d645e8eab5d57f51.png

It's definitely a big UX jump, which I appreciate is never particularly easy to implement without frustrating people.

As you say there is a link to Scouted Players which I missed because it's outside of the darker panel. I've been so use to scouting reports coming straight into the inbox (which I now really miss) that I assumed I'd have to either filter or just discarding things to get to what I requested.

If you click on this link then the user will be taken to the Players -> Scouted page. From here the user will be able to change a drop down to show two options. These will be 'All Scouted Players' and 'Players In Scouting Centre'. The 'Players In Scouting Centre' option will display all players who would be displayed in the Scouting Meeting in list form. The user will then have the option to select any actions on these players as they would in the scouting meeting, 'Keep Scouting', 'Discard', 'Acknowledge' etc. 

The 'Players In Scouting Centre' option will always be available to the user when navigating to the Players -> Scouted page.  

See now for me this should be the screen I get when I go straight into the scouting centre, rather than the meeting one. All the info at a glance. I now quickly can see what those buttons are for and they make much more sense to me, reminds me of the Scout7 ones. Could it be an option a bit like the Profile / Attributes one for players?

In regards to the scouts not taking into account the constraints that the club are currently under. What type of assignments had these scouts been sent on? Had a budget limit been set? 

Cheers,

Ben 

It was originally default as I hadn't started to mess around with the system, which I assumed wouldn't return you ones way outside your budget. Does that need to be set, because it seems like it should be the other way around if so.

Thanks for getting back to me btw. 

Edited by dedwards15

21 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is anyone else getting random replays of events that aren't goals or even chances? Sometimes a replay will start of a nothing incident in a game, and I've no idea why it's playing. More obvious when watching on 2D with 3D replays. 

Or not getting the highlight of a side going 3-2 up after I bought it back to 2-2. Not that I'm bitter.

Is there  a setting I'm missing as to why I'm not getting inbox notices when my HoYD makes an offer for someone? I mean,  think that is what is happening. I'm not getting anything prior, and then all the sudden I have these "X is ready to sing" notices. And I'm like who the heck is this? I do have HoYD set to make offers for young players for the future. But I'm not getting notified. And these players are all 20 years old. They aren't going into the youth team at that age. So that also seems odd.

I should also mention, they are going into the reserves on amateur contracts. So it does appear to be from the HoYD. But I can't figure out why I'm not getting the notice that he made an offer. Is it because they are free agents and not with a team? Seems like maybe why, but I feel like I should still be notified he did that. Instead of being surprised that someone is ready to join my team and not knowing anything about it.

Edited by oulzac

Listed this as a bug during FM17 and during Beta. Fix it.

Also, if you say the middle option in press conferences that is the same as 'no comment' there should'nt then be a news item.

'Manager Man Speaks on Issue X - Manager says 'im not prepared to comment on that issue'.

Stop it.

33.png

1 hour ago, oulzac said:

Is there  a setting I'm missing as to why I'm not getting inbox notices when my HoYD makes an offer for someone? I mean,  think that is what is happening. I'm not getting anything prior, and then all the sudden I have these "X is ready to sing" notices. And I'm like who the heck is this? I do have HoYD set to make offers for young players for the future. But I'm not getting notified. And these players are all 20 years old. They aren't going into the youth team at that age. So that also seems odd.

I should also mention, they are going into the reserves on amateur contracts. So it does appear to be from the HoYD. But I can't figure out why I'm not getting the notice that he made an offer. Is it because they are free agents and not with a team? Seems like maybe why, but I feel like I should still be notified he did that. Instead of being surprised that someone is ready to join my team and not knowing anything about it.

Experiencing exactly the same.
And the players are always 20 years old. Straight into the reserves.
I have gotten a notice but not consistently. More often than not i don't receive anything before it's time to confirm the transfer.
I put myself in charge of finalising everything, due to the fact that it mostly comes as a surprise, seeing i hardly get any notifications.

A few more from the "dominating sides don't dominate via far superior quality alone front", connected naturally to top sides being on occasion hit and miss in terms of performance.

On the more recent Bundesliga run Bayern lost to Augsburg 0-4 not even dominating statistically any (14-9 shots for Augsburg). In the same run, they lost to Stuttgart 2-4, 0-3 against Hamburg, barely ever move past their RL shot average of 18 p. match. And in general, the big domination in (typically) unbalanced leagues doesn't appear to show in more leagues.

Next on the plate was Celtic. Some of this may be research, naturally. But in real football, they are a class of their own in the Scottish PL, really. Their record +4 shots on target per match in comparison to the league average which has been consistent for a few seasons (and +3 to the likes of Aberdeen), completely melts in-game. As such, they were sitting 3rd place in the simulation at this point.

v8xKahI.jpg

Still nothing against the Bundesliga, where the domination of the top sides doesn't really shine through, and they actually face competition here from far lesser sides, such as Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg frequently  (I reckon in other top divisions this wouldn't look hugely different on full details). I remember on FM 2017 I had the EPL collecting gaps from 3 SOT / per match to 9 bottom to top, with the top sides mostly running away with it.

wRJKuo0.jpg

As argued though, the counter piece to this has been missing naturally, and it would be vital, as football is about defending too. As Bayerns etc. stats rarely are as dominating anymore in general (which also goes for the shot numbers they concede), I'd expect that to show here too. Now up to FM 2015 at the very least, AI tactics alone teams such as Bayern faced didn't even try to score much outside of set pieces and counters, and that what was happened. Even AI managed Bayern went seasons without conceding more than 15 goals, sometimes less than 10. And I like what SI seem to be going for here long-term. Still some curious stuff. Would be interesting to find somebody coming off, say, FM 2012 and making the jump to FM 2018 and how he reacted to this, in particular with any of the previously "auto domination" sides.

@ElPayaso You might have enjoyed Sweden's solid banks of 4-4-2ish yesterday. The 30 shots Italy got off didn't quite tell the story of how decent they defended off that (barely conceding space in dangerous areas, not giving away fouls around the area too). There were perhaps two decent shots in there. Three of those would have likely still been CCCs as of FM's subjectiv interpretation of a subjective chance category that isn't used anywhere. :p

DOizrciXUAEjKXV.jpg

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, Per Annum said:

Also, if you say the middle option in press conferences that is the same as 'no comment' there should'nt then be a news item.

'Manager Man Speaks on Issue X - Manager says 'im not prepared to comment on that issue'.

Stop it.

But there are such news items even IRL.

So shut up.

I don't get this Dynamics thing.

Everything has been nice and great. Not the best start of the season but we're in the position we've been predicted.
Overacheiving in one of the Welsh cups.
Everything is in the green, then BOOM! Team meeting due to the bad dressing room atmosphere.
When did that happen? Over night?! Most importantly....why?
There were no indications i could see. The managerial support is very good and all in the green; even on the rise.
Match cohesion is good.
Dressing room atmosphere is (now) poor, with one player being unhappy. That's due to the poor dressing room atmosphere.

But what does he mean by that? He's the only one,
It says his opinion of me is that he's not particularly impressed with me as a manager.
Since when?
Even his own brother, who's, my star player, holds me in the highest regard as a manager. And he's in the same core social group.

Just tried now having that brother of his have a chat with the player in question. It worked.
But now there is still one player unhappy. Apparently that dude had some support.
Shouldn't there be 2 unhappy players being listed then? Then it would make sense that there was, at the time, one unhappy player.

After all of that there is now, all of a sudden, 2 social groups. A secondary social group has emerged....from somewhere. Somehow.
There are two players in that group and they agreed with me in the team meeting.
They have no particular relationship to the negative brother, or his more influential and more successful brother.

I'm confused. I don't get it.

3 hours ago, Bradley21 said:

The match engine is actually so crap this year that the games are almost always completely boring to watch.

Just came off yet another match where nobody on either side even attempted a tackle all game, and 7 of the 8 goals in a 5-3 result were tap-ins from inside the six yard box. Every goal is the same, possession is only ever lost via a stray pass (or cross that goes out nearer the corner flag than the goal for some dumb reason) or when the highlight ends, offsides everywhere, crosses players "didn't mean", almost zero shots that get aimed far post let alone goals at the far post, hardly any attacking headers from open play......the list goes on.

Pretty pathetic effort all round this year. 

match engine issues are far too common IMO

The winger who crosses into the side netting

Shooting from ridiculous positions

Rushing shots for absolutely no reason

Goalkeepers fumbling balls over the line for corners

Player makes a turn on the ball and runs ten yards (slowly) off the pitch in the process

Strikers who dont shoot across goal

Players getting booked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often

Wingers picking totally the wrong options constantly

the infamous move slowly towards the ball and get completely robbed. see this its a goal and you know it.

Just please fix this nonsense. Dont try and explain why it should be in the game. Fix it because its crap end of.

12 hours ago, pizzachips said:

you dont have to go thru player by player.. there is a drop down named 'requested' and that list is whom you requested be scouted.. bear in mind once you request a player be scouted he doesnt get added to shortlist automatically so manually add that player

Can someone clarify on that one? Or explain better? I couldn't find it

Guest El Payaso

Anyone else noticed that the AI teams don't seem to be playing friendly matches or very few of them at least during the first summer? I think Barcelona for example played just two, Real Madrid just one and Villarreal didn't play a single one. Most of the teams in La Liga are playing 3-5 which for me is a bit too low as it takes much more games to get the tactical familiarity up.

To expand a bit on my previous post.

This, to me, is a contradiction:
3ca5a5172c0e8dc3d249480c37096862.png

Players are quite unhappy and are not enjoying their football....
At the same time it says that there are no unhappy players at the club.
When i go to the happiness screen they're all satisfied inside each area. All smiley green faces. Quite a few of them with a green arrow.
Morale is not the best as we're in a poor run at the moment. I do understand that.
Lowest overall unhappiness is Content. Which isn't the best.

Are they unhappy or not?

57 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

It doesn't say 'Manager refuses to be drawn' or 'manager remains tightlipped'. It says 'manager speaks'. 

In any event, not all realism is good realism. 

For your information, I do know what it says. What's your point?
It says 'manager speaks' because the manager verbally communicates his reluctance to say anything about the issue. That is called 'speaking'.

While it's true that not all realism is good realism, in this case there's nothing wrong about this realism. Having players dying of heart attack during a match would be bad realism, but not this.

Have to say that this year's game must be very good indeed, when some people actually find the time to complain about tiny little things like this one.

Edited by Mikke

9 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

I

Mine looks different. I'm missing the action column.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 11.09.34 am.png

2 hours ago, Mikke said:

this year's game must be very good indeed, when some people actually find the time to complain about tiny little things like this one

Yes, what happened to the 'capital letters' controversy? In beta, it was the end of the world as we know it, but haven't seen it mentioned since.

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, turgi said:

Mine looks different. I'm missing the action column.

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 11.09.34 am.png

Are you playing in a low res? 

If so if you select one of the players by left clicking on one of them then the 'Actions' button in the bottom right corner will become active. From here you will be able to choose which actions you would like to happen on the player? 

Cheers,

Ben

12 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

match engine issues are far too common IMO

The winger who crosses into the side netting

Shooting from ridiculous positions

Rushing shots for absolutely no reason

Goalkeepers fumbling balls over the line for corners

Player makes a turn on the ball and runs ten yards (slowly) off the pitch in the process

Strikers who dont shoot across goal

Players getting booked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often

Wingers picking totally the wrong options constantly

the infamous move slowly towards the ball and get completely robbed. see this its a goal and you know it.

Just please fix this nonsense. Dont try and explain why it should be in the game. Fix it because its crap end of.

For a moment I thought you were in the fm17 feedback thread. These issues are still not fixed? Lol

My CaC Players rarely get booked - i run one of the most fair Teams in the league usually...

Imo FM13 has the best 3D Match with FM18 now close to it so far - the game is much more fluent and the Players actually display dynamic + skill in their Actions and and mostly stopped clumsy drunken dancing bear behavior.

Player phasing/ghosting is less obvious. the amount of ludicrous Errors and the ignorance of easy Pick Up Balls has greatly decreased.

I still get my defense crushed per corner of freekick when i have to lose a match and they cant get past my defense - still not enough matches played to to have a big enough number of samples though...

My CaC youthteam actually wins some (many) Matches and i have an own u23 Team instead of an affiliate u23 fake.

Little Bugs amass disturb the positives but hopefully they will be fleshed out like Trikot Designs wrong applied, switched Colourchannels, UI-graphical glitches and 3D Match stalling out.

Imho SI should really iron out as many Bugs as possible bcs the game is at a point where ist complexity wont be tolerant to that many Bugs without long term damage.

I have spend countless hours to redesign my Trikots to overcome the design not applied and colour swap Bugs, looking into scouting and toying with tactics.

Atm i am quite hopeful with the game and my first 70+ hours and that FM18 will be a great addition to the FM-Saga!

PS: And why i get a purple UI wehn my Teams colour is blue is another reason for dozens of restarts of my CaC Career.

Seems i only get a Blue UI (and btw i hate the Colour-Fading of it) when i edit my Manager first (pretty much click through it bcs i do not change anything) and then select my Team and select first and last in the 1st Trikot set the Blue colour - usually i get my Blue UI doing so.

I check then the UI colour proceeding to the Squad Screen and clicking a youth Player - if its Blue i go back to the Trikot Design finalizing my Trikot Sets and if ist Purple i have Access per Player Screen to the Menu and can end the game and start over.

Edited by Etebaer

When i click the analysis tab, during HT, the massive Advice panel on the right hand side is completely empty.
It has never shown a single thing in the 1 1/2 season i've played (plus 2 seasons during Beta).
Is there anything inside that panel at all, at some point??

848c50957ea37efe40bdf09ae61cab01.jpg

Edited by roykela

42 minutes ago, roykela said:

When i click the analysis tab, during HT, the massive Advice panel on the right hand side is completely empty.

Do you have an assistant manager? How good is he? I get halftime analysis every game (saves with Man Utd, Southampton, Wolves).

I have a weird problem in the 3D matches..

When i start a game,and i go to the 3D match settings and im changing the "Anti ansling" or "Render quality" or something else and goes back to the game,the lightning is much more better but the ball in glowing and the kits of the players glow also..

and even at low/medium graphic i have a little lags.. even that i have 5 starts

5 minutes ago, warlock said:

Do you have an assistant manager? How good is he? I get halftime analysis every game (saves with Man Utd, Southampton, Wolves).

I don't seem to get any pre-match tactical advice (e.g change from Control>Standard) from Buvac at Liverpool and he is tactically one of the best Assistants in the game. He just tells me about players lacking match sharpness...