Football Manager 2018 Announcement

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, DalyBhoy said:

Have they removed Brexit from the game? The feature served its purpose last year generating publicity, it should be removed now.

nope brexit is still ongoing so still in the game. miles has said its still there

Edited by Spedding

1 hour ago, DalyBhoy said:

Have they removed Brexit from the game? The feature served its purpose last year generating publicity, it should be removed now.

No, it has still happened IRL and is still in the game.

2 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Could this mean that we can change the mentality, with intercalar levels?

I doubt that. its just that same Bar we have previously. Just showing a bit more of info so we can how much calculate and understand the % of mentality is for the player instead of Guess work.

could have 20 bars as 11 of them are Empty. 

7 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Could this mean that we can change the mentality, with intercalar levels?

I think it's only for clearer visual representation

If we could change it than duties would become pointless

Not sure if this is where I should post this; if mistaken, forgive me.

I purchased FM2018 yesterday from Steam. It appears in my Library but there doesn't seem to be any (obvious) way to install the game.

Am I jumping the gun here? Will I be advised when I can install the game at a later date?

3 minutes ago, bolulu said:

Not sure if this is where I should post this; if mistaken, forgive me.

I purchased FM2018 yesterday from Steam. It appears in my Library but there doesn't seem to be any (obvious) way to install the game.

Am I jumping the gun here? Will I be advised when I can install the game at a later date?

When beta is released there should be an install icon onthe page in your library 

7 hours ago, Armistice said:

So on Steam it's 54,99 euros, is that with the discount or not. I do have FM17 of course.

I think you could have bought it with the discount before the 9th of october (not sure) but you would have needed to open FM17 and click on the FM18 Pre-Order Thingy

3 hours ago, Spedding said:

nope brexit is still ongoing so still in the game. miles has said its still there

Thanks.

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

No, it has still happened IRL and is still in the game.

It hasn't happened pal, it's in the process of happening.  So take your snarky comments elsewhere.

3 hours ago, DalyBhoy said:

This is one of the worst features to ever be in the game, in my opinion. Until we know for sure how it will affect football in real-life, a random prediction of the outcome has no place in FM. Luckily, it's really easy to turn off in the pre-game editor, as it would totally ruin a save for me, if I suddenly needed work permits for EU players. It totally goes against the usual S.I mantra of 'when it happens in real life, we'll put it in the game', which I see a lot on here. It should of course be in the game if and when the rules on EU players change in real-life, which they haven't.

Edited by Reflection86

9 minutes ago, Reflection86 said:

This is one of the worst features to ever be in the game, in my opinion. Until we know for sure how it will affect football in real-life, a random prediction of the outcome has no place in FM. Luckily, it's really easy to turn off in the pre-game editor, as it would totally ruin a save for me, if I suddenly needed work permits for EU players. It totally goes against the usual S.I mantra of 'when it happens in real life, we'll put it in the game', which I see a lot on here. It should of course be in the game if and when the rules on EU players change in real-life, which they haven't.

This is exactly why it should have been removed, I agree wholeheartedly. I never knew I could turn it off, so i'll do that for FM18.

Edited by DalyBhoy

Don't moan at SI for the Brexit situation. Blame whoever you know that voted for it. If you want realism, you've got it. Every club is sweating over it right now.  

The most realistic outcome until a deal is struck is "Hard Brexit" which basically means that all non-UK players will need work permits. While there's likely to be a continuation of existing terms for non-UK, EU players under existing contracts, Hard Brexit could, in the worst case scenario, mean repatriation of anyone not in possession of UK Residency. Let that sink in and then apply it to your own club's squad. I'll be surprised if FM2018 includes that extreme option thankfully. 

Edited by Nonlondoner

i remember reading just after the vote that, regards Brexit, the government and the EU would look to make football, and maybe other sports, an exception, regarding nationality rules. I'm sure the clubs themselves will be lobbying hard for something along these lines, and i wouldn't doubt that they would get it. Where big money is involved, there is usually a way around most things.

Edited by craigj33

13 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Don't moan at SI for the Brexit situation. Blame whoever you know that voted for it. If you want realism, you've got it. Every club is sweating over it right now.  

The most realistic outcome until a deal is struck is "Hard Brexit" which basically means that all non-UK players will need work permits. While there's likely to be a continuation of existing terms for non-UK, EU players under existing contracts, Hard Brexit could, in the worst case scenario, mean repatriation of anyone not in possession of UK Residency. Let that sink in and then apply it to your own club's squad. I'll be surprised if FM2018 includes that extreme option thankfully. 

But you know that its not a EU agreement, but a Shengen Space agreement, or Shengen Visa.

Countries outside UE have it and so, players from those countries are not consider foreign, like Norway, Swiss and Iceland.

So, the UK can leave UE and still be in the Shengen Space, so no need for work permits, although i think that will not happen.

17 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

Hard Brexit could, in the worst case scenario, mean repatriation of anyone not in possession of UK Residency. Let that sink in and then apply it to your own club's squad. I'll be surprised if FM2018 includes that extreme option thankfully. 

Theresa May already said that the rule will only be applied for those that enter after the conclusion of Brexit and not for those that are inside already. If they where repatriated, the UK economy would collapse in months.

5 hours ago, DalyBhoy said:

1 hour ago, DalyBhoy said:

Thanks.

It hasn't happened pal, it's in the process of happening.  So take your snarky comments elsewhere.

Or maybe, just maybe, your theory about it being a publicity stunt was wrong? You can't go around making rude comments about other people's motivations for a feature and then complain at getting the same back. Can't take it, don't give it.

6 minutes ago, apvmoreira said:

Theresa May already said that the rule will only be applied for those that enter after the conclusion of Brexit and not for those that are inside already. If they where repatriated, the UK economy would collapse in months.

The issue being, of course, that Theresa May may or may not be Prime Minister for much longer, but in any case is certainly a liar. What she says is not necessarily the same as what will happen. While the immediate repatriation of EU citizens is indeed extremely unlikely, them being made to apply for work permits which they may or may not receive most certainly isn't.

2 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Or maybe, just maybe, your theory about it being a publicity stunt was wrong? You can't go around making rude comments about other people's motivations for a feature and then complain at getting the same back. Can't take it, don't give it.

The issue being, of course, that Theresa May may or may not be Prime Minister for much longer, but in any case is certainly a liar. What she says is not necessarily the same as what will happen. While the immediate repatriation of EU citizens is indeed extremely unlikely, them being made to apply for work permits which they may or may not receive most certainly isn't.

Well, just pre edit the damn thing or do it after in the ingame editor.

Easy both ways.

And then it hit me: Does it means that coaches can also be repatriated?

1 minute ago, apvmoreira said:

Well, just pre edit the damn thing or do it after in the ingame editor.

Easy both ways.

And then it hit me: Does it means that coaches can also be repatriated?

Theoretically, I guess so. But right now the work permit system for coaches and other professional football staff is extremely lenient - if they're paid I think it's around £550 per week or more they get a permit wherever they're from. It's so irrelevant that it's not actually in the game, applying that to EU nationals too would make very little difference.

I bought FM18 2 days ago on the IOS Steam app, I know the discount ended a while ago so that’s no issue, just wondering if I’m eligible for the Beta, does anyone know if it matters whether I buy from App or from Steam client on Windows? Cheers 👍

1 minute ago, Kudros said:

I bought FM18 2 days ago on the IOS Steam app, I know the discount ended a while ago so that’s no issue, just wondering if I’m eligible for the Beta, does anyone know if it matters whether I buy from App or from Steam client on Windows? Cheers 👍

Steam and Sega plus some other retailers are offering beta access. Does not matter which OS.

1 hour ago, Nonlondoner said:

Might be good for the England team though

5 hours ago, Scrench said:

I think it's only for clearer visual representation

If we could change it than duties would become pointless

No it won't because duties will always have their core traits no matter how adjusted the individual mentality is.

3 hours ago, Defensive said:

I thought they wanted to show some more videos of the match engine before the release. How long do they want to wait if the beta is released Thursday or Friday?:-)

The game is 'released' on the 10th November, they have plenty of time. The beta is only for those who have already pre-ordered it. 

4 hours ago, Reflection86 said:

The transfer window is one of the worst features to ever be in the game, in my opinion.  Until we know for sure which players will move where in January, a random prediction of the outcome has no place in FM...

14 minutes ago, NoChance said:

The transfer window is one of the worst features to ever be in the game, in my opinion.  Until we know for sure which players will move where in January, a random prediction of the outcome has no place in FM...

You're probably playing the wrong game then bro 🙄

19 minutes ago, NoChance said:

Actually, I think the worst feature is the continue button. How on earth do SI know what's going to happen in the future? Even a week's a long time in football! It's just a blatant publicity stunt to make them look smart when it happens to get something right. Stick to the realism SI and just make the game a database of 100% accurate real-life players, statistics and histories.

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The game is 'released' on the 10th November, they have plenty of time. The beta is only for those who have already pre-ordered it. 

Everyone knows that the videos will be released before the beta, not just before the 10th November.