Football Manager 2018 Announcement

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, forameuss said:

Steam is probably the most official retailer, if there could be such a thing.  And no it's not too late, you can get the beta right up to the moment the beta ends and becomes the full game.

Yea, thanks, just wanted to be sure.

I was a couple of days late, completely forgot about the discount. Ah well, it's worth it anyway. 15€ extra won't kill me.

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

Last year in the premier league West Brom scored the most goals from corners with 12

Scoring 20-30 is ridiculous and definitely exploitative. I think @El Payaso like me is trying very hard NOT to score over 10 a season.

It's not that we can't ...it's that we don't want it to be easy.

What I would love is to be able to be a team like West Brom, use a philosophy  'make the most of set pieces' and have that give me either more options or a slight boost to set pieces to get from 5-10 a season to 10-15 to mirror real life.

United has season of 22 set pieces goals in all comps at one point under Ferguson. So 20-30 a season isn't an exploit. An exploit isn't how many you score but how they are being scored, ie an inherent game flaw 

Wouldn't be a managers decision would it? Depends on the circumstances of the game also. If you're winning easily, sure let the hattrick guy have a pop. If you're drawing or losing you'll want your best penalty taker on the ball. 

Pretty sure this would be sorted out between the players anyway. Not sure you'll see a manager frantically waving at the side of the pitch indicating who he'd want taking the pen. 

Some managers insist on who should take. Others let the player the decide. 

If they’ve implemented the feature properly they should have options for the manager or you can let the players decide who takes the pen. 

Guest El Payaso
37 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

United has season of 22 set pieces goals in all comps at one point under Ferguson. So 20-30 a season isn't an exploit. An exploit isn't how many you score but how they are being scored, ie an inherent game flaw 

Yes exactly. And for example the player lurking at the edge of the area was an exploit as the AI was not able to deal with it and using this method was repeatedly creating the same dangerous situations. 

41 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

Yes exactly. And for example the player lurking at the edge of the area was an exploit as the AI was not able to deal with it and using this method was repeatedly creating the same dangerous situations. 

Yes, that's right.

Exploits that im aware in set pieces along the editions:

1st corner

short corner

lurk outisde the area

11 minutes ago, apvmoreira said:

Nop. You can pick a team in Beta and continue your save when the full release comes.

Oh right, I actually thought the Beta was free, just like the demos you used to get. Guess I need to start paying more attention in class

Edited by MoxeysTheName

Guest El Payaso
2 hours ago, apvmoreira said:

Yes, that's right.

Exploits that im aware in set pieces along the editions:

1st corner

short corner

lurk outisde the area

Yes I've been reporting two of those for couple of versions and also on those where defenders unrealistically stop following their man. Not going to continue reporting anymore though. 

16 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

Yes I've been reporting two of those for couple of versions and also on those where defenders unrealistically stop following their man. Not going to continue reporting anymore though. 

In 16, i have putted my best headers on the 1st corner, then asked the corner taker to send it to the far post where my striker would pass the ball to the midfield outside the box to score. Pogba had around 10 goals per season like this.

In 17, this didn't worked no more, not the other glitches that i've said previously, so a corner taker with mixed pass and having one good header in the near post, on the far post and other in the penalty area did the 20-30 per season that i've said. But i was in the Portuguese league....

Edited by apvmoreira

6 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

Dear SI/Miles/Neil,

You may release the beta today, I am ready. 

Best wishes;

Park.

And finally the final piece falls into place :lol:

Seriously though, Miles has already said it won’t be out today. 

One of the wishes in my bucket list to take one year off from work every time a new FM is released. So yeah... lifetime travel to FM dimension.

If beta is not released today I may as well just..................

..............................continue my current FM 17 save.

1 minute ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

That was yesterday, que no? Today is tomorrow.

He already replied yesterday to someone asking if it would be out by Thursday. Miles clarified that this meant before Thursday and said no. So, as of now, either Thursday or Friday. 

18 minutes ago, scotty-corkcityfc said:

Just pre purchased it on Steam, Am I wrong in thinking the last few years we could pre install so once its released we can start playing? Cant seem to do that this year

You can install it, when the beta is released.

35 minutes ago, scotty-corkcityfc said:

Just pre purchased it on Steam, Am I wrong in thinking the last few years we could pre install so once its released we can start playing? Cant seem to do that this year

Unfortunately, pre-installation has never been an option

2 hours ago, tyro said:

He already replied yesterday to someone asking if it would be out by Thursday. Miles clarified that this meant before Thursday and said no. So, as of now, either Thursday or Friday. 

There is one more issue to sort he said, didnt he?  Which takes a fair bit of testing time.