Our Forums are changing

Pessimists left and right. There have been times that I have felt the need to like a statement (and dislike).

Even more smilies? :)

I seriously hope they won't be dislike option, many people were abusing that feature in some other forums I have been through using Invasion Power... they have removed it eventually.

You don't like a post? then don't click the like button simple I think.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Neil, do you have the specific date, that the migration to the new forums will occur?

Just waiting for everything to be signed off and I'll announce it as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Well, with taptalk it's much more easy to follow the thread, sub-foruns, that we are interest.

We can pinpoint a particulary thread, and be informed whenever there are new replies, etc.

:thup:

Would love to see Tapatalk integration if possible.

I'm really only interested in one thing. Instead of a link to "Top" when I'm at the bottom of the page I'd like a link to the forum (sub-forum) I came from.

Could change it to a "Go" button linked to the quick nav too as long as you fix the quick nav to default to one level up (as it currently does).

I don't like it. Using Firefox with the buildt-in tracking protection, the old forum worked fine. Now I have to disable the tracking protection to be able to see and use the new forums properly. Which can only mean one thing: Tracking objects that wasn't there before have been introduced to the forums. Not good. Not good at all.

Looks like the new format has eliminated the "first unread" link. Makes it a pain when there is a long thread (as we tend to have). However, the "notify me of replies" feature may help make up for that.

7 minutes ago, gunnerfan said:

Looks like the new format has eliminated the "first unread" link. Makes it a pain when there is a long thread (as we tend to have). However, the "notify me of replies" feature may help make up for that.

No it's still there. It's the blue dot/ring. It's simply not showing for threads that haven't had any new posts since the migration.

I'm not at home right now, so I'm reading on my mobile phone and can't compare, but it appears it is showing me a mobile version of the site instead of the desktop version, even though I've checked the option in my browser to load the desktop version. Is the new forum enforcing a mobile version?

Is it just me that sees posts with quotes written as

quote written here

Basically just a quote sandwiched by the opening and closing quote boxes  (If you get my meaning) with no quote box in a different shading like the old style....

What's the difference between a topic with a solid blue dot and one with a grey dot with blue outline? I think I've also seen just grey dots, but I think those are ones I've just read and topics without any dot.

6 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

Is there a "View first unread post" button I'm unaware of? Gutted if it's not an option anymore, I used it regularly before.

It's the blue dot to the left of the thread title.

2 hours ago, eriktous said:

What's the difference between a topic with a solid blue dot and one with a grey dot with blue outline? I think I've also seen just grey dots, but I think those are ones I've just read and topics without any dot.

Can't say for sure but it seems like the solid blue is for threads you have posted in and the blue outline is for threads you haven't (but that has new posts).

2 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

How strange, that quote worked fine???!!!!  I am now seeing some as they should be and some as I explained.  Confused, I am!!!!!   :eek:

Pretty sure that it's the migration that broke the quotes so those are from before and the working ones are from after.

1 minute ago, Chesters86 said:

For some reason I can't reply to any threads in the Editors Downloads Forum, anyone else having this issue?

Does work for me. What kind of configuration are you using?

1 hour ago, Mr Wallin said:

Pretty sure that it's the migration that broke the quotes so those are from before and the working ones are from after.

Seems to be working now although it's not too clear as the quote box and reply box are very similar in colour and unless you press return when replying using a quote there is no gap between your reply and the quote box so as I say not as clear as the previous version.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, zovalik said:

Is there any chance for  tapatalk support? 

Have you tried it on mobile? What benefits will tapatalk have over what the mobile site already is? 

We at this board also reserve the right to reveal any information we know about you in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

I was just wondering about this section of the terms and conditions. Obviously in the case of legal action this makes sense, however the complaint bit seems a bit ambiguous.

A complaint by who? Reveal the information to who? And what information falls under this category?

5 hours ago, YKW said:

I was just wondering about this section of the terms and conditions. Obviously in the case of legal action this makes sense, however the complaint bit seems a bit ambiguous.

A complaint by who? Reveal the information to who? And what information falls under this category?

As in criminal complaint

On 28.07.2016 at 10:18, Neil Brock said:

Have you tried it on mobile? What benefits will tapatalk have over what the mobile site already is? 

Now mobile site is quite good but tapatalk gives full intergration with android (for me notifications are most important, and i have all forums in one app). Yes, on mobile site notifications are workig but only when i have open browser.

If tapatalk is not in your plans than it is ok, im just curious did you have any plans about it.

Archived