Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its a very known problem.no point posting more crash dumps on something that has been uploaded over a 100 times already with the same issue and no fix

Incorrect. Crash dumps are usually a computer side issue, and can occur for a myriad of reasons as user specs are so varied. Which is why having your specs is vital. Up to you whether you want your issue to be dealt with.

A friend of mine won the English Premier League with Crystal Palace in the first season, best attack and defense. i think the game is very easy, with high morale players and an average tactic with logical duties and roles it's easy to win the premier league with an underdog team imo. how is that possible irl ?

A friend of mine won the English Premier League with Crystal Palace in the first season, best attack and defense. i think the game is very easy, with high morale players and an average tactic with logical duties and roles it's easy to win the premier league with an underdog team imo. how is that possible irl ?

The game is a SIMULATION of real life. Once you load it up and pick our team, all bets are off. The AI does not have the advantages a human player has...

keep getting red cards for last ditch tackles, 3 in 3 now, only happened maybe once or twice in my 6 season accrington save until now. maybe new patch maybe not. also on the new skin, the current/potential ability stars are too hard to see pls do something about this!!!!!!!

Incorrect. Crash dumps are usually a computer side issue, and can occur for a myriad of reasons as user specs are so varied. Which is why having your specs is vital. Up to you whether you want your issue to be dealt with.

when i have tried every fix posted and done everything i can do its a game issue.clicking on the interface and it just crash i doubt its my pc.and if it was my pc then other games would do the same thing and they dont

when i have tried every fix posted and done everything i can do its a game issue.clicking on the interface and it just crash i doubt its my pc.and if it was my pc then other games would do the same thing and they dont

You havent tried a fix specific to your computer because you haven't actually spoken to anyone in tech, therefore you haven't tried everything. Your choice is simple: create a thread to recieve more specific help or don't create a thread. Up to you either way. Either way I think we're done here.

My save time went up just a tiny bit, and I just wish they'd rip the tactics screen out of 14 and stick it in here.

Outside of that, i think this is the best version so far. No-where near as merciless as 14 (i struggled hugely with last year) most of the new additionas are great, just an awsome job. Thank you SI!

I'm always amazed every year how so many people see such huge differences between ME's. I've been playing since the pre-order beta and literally the only glaring things i've noticed have been, the fact the tactics screen is a downgrade from last year, the HILARIOUS comedy goalkeeping in the beta and the weird defender running for ball, getting close and slowing right down to let the opposition get there first thing that was about for a bit.

All the rest of the stuff with that people batter on about i just never experience them.

Unlucky for you guys cause i am having a great time with this game.

PS. Huge respect to the mods and SI guys who come on here and look through all this without either taking the huff and just stopping or going home and eating a pack of asprin with a whiskey chaser, after about a day of it i'd probably be done.

Just wondering my better regen face packs no longer work, is this an issue with the hotfix or do I need to re-install them?

Ok ignore this it is fixed now... for anyone who has the same problem I posted a description of what I did to get the regen faces back. It is under the bugs/other proble,s area and is in response to regen faces post that someone started

Saving time problem has returned. It had been fixed for 15.2.1 but the latest hotfix has screwed it up again.

The final 25% of the saving process now takes a lot longer.

Operating system is windows 7 and save times have been good since latest hotfix

Many corner of goals in the first post, crossing this point is certain goal!

- Even decreasing the intensity of the game, training completion and adjusting the positions my attackers simply lose goals from silly way (kick high over the bar and always err on target).

- The amount of shots per game is absurd in general has happened almost 20 submissions per game, it needs a tune, please! The heavy defeats that happen between teams of major and minor irritant reputaçãoé, totally unreal scores happen: 9 x0, 8 x 0, reaching above 10 goals! In these games the submissions are around 30-40-50 !!!

- Although I realize dolls floating in the field, or sliding (seem to be skating on ice), it happens a lot on trips, or dribbling.

- Happen many kicks forward and the defense is always misplaced, attackers often steal the ball with ease.

- I can not make failure to collect goal, as I put the best scouts, the team trained and checked finish, free kick between several attributes to choose the best player, the faults are often totally kicks over the bar!

- Players with high attributes often do not reflect the game, have no dribbling, effects of moves, I find it very wrong!

- Missing varied dribbling, kicking in various ways and defenses of the goalkeepers always seem to be the same, the goalkeepers are much standing something totally unrealistic! I believe that the movement of the goalkeepers have to be perfect to match with real life.

- The defenses seem to be playing football instead of soccer, are all grouped together, making a traffic stop on top of the player, believe the players should be better distributed on the field to become more real.

- Happen divided in midfield resulting corner kick, this is nonsense, needs urgent correction!

- My players seem unable to pass in front (at a future point) for the companion start the race and receive. Cases giving are rare and in certain specific situations, such as the player receiving the pass already come in the race and back, as in advance of a side.

I must say as much as I am not a great fan of the tactics screen the adding of the player roles has added a nice touch as (and I hadn't noticed before) whilst checking what formation you used via the fixtures tab in old matches it shows you the player roles as well. Great if like me you have a habit of abandoning tactics!! Ok it doesn't show TI's but still a good addition. Now if we could only persuade SI to show the opposition player roles!!!

On a patch note. Can someone from SI clarify if it's a future possibility to bring back a manual way of loading patches? Via opinions one patch has too many goals/too few goals, another has too many crosses/too few etc you are never going to please everyone all the time. Opinion will differ on the preference for each patch so a way of deciding which patch to use and an option to roll forward/roll back may be the most sensible solution?

On a patch note. Can someone from SI clarify if it's a future possibility to bring back a manual way of loading patches? Via opinions one patch has too many goals/too few goals, another has too many crosses/too few etc you are never going to please everyone all the time. Opinion will differ on the preference for each patch so a way of deciding which patch to use and an option to roll forward/roll back may be the most sensible solution?

No, sorry but as has been said so many times they can and will only support one version (the latest) multiple versions would mean chaos when trying to deal with problems.

75b6301d2550e91fe28129f5e9bd9e81.png

This is getting stupid now... Since the 15.2.1 was installed in my FM, this happened. Is stupid how 11 players, 7 or 8 from my first team got injured out of nowhere. My training is set to average, itrained fitness in the pre-season, i give them rest before and after every match, before the season started i went and got new physios and new fitness coaches wich are great. This is stupid, River Plate barely had 3 or 4 injuries on his players in the last year, and they weren't even long, irl we had a small ass squad and in the last 6 months only 1 player was injured for like 2 to 3 months who was Kranevitter and he recovered faster than expected and then 2 or 3 had little knocks here and there. sort it out with the injuries already, is unplayable... Im sorry for swearing, but is REALLY annoying.

3D kits 99% fixed. Unfortunately, my team's 3d kit isn't. I'm sure it was ok before the troubles. Peculiar.

But anyway - having played this game since CM 2, I think I can say that the m.e. now is as good as never before. Together with the improved player animations, a football match in FM now looks like real football on a level that has not been acheived before. Good on ya, SI. Still room for much improvement, of course. But the biggest "issues" happens every now and then when the players reveal - and when we are indeed reminded of the fact that said players, in truth, don't have brains.

Stupidity will be a big part of any m.e. of this sort for a long, long time to come, I'm afraid. The technology to better simulate brains and intelligence is simply not available. At least not on any practical level.

And so the "why don't you just fix it when the flaw is so obvious" brigade will never cease to moan.

This is getting stupid now... Since the 15.2.1 was installed in my FM, this happened. Is stupid how 11 players, 7 or 8 from my first team got injured out of nowhere. My training is set to average, itrained fitness in the pre-season, i give them rest before and after every match, before the season started i went and got new physios and new fitness coaches wich are great. This is stupid, River Plate barely had 3 or 4 injuries on his players in the last year, and they weren't even long, irl we had a small ass squad and in the last 6 months only 1 player was injured for like 2 to 3 months who was Kranevitter and he recovered faster than expected and then 2 or 3 had little knocks here and there. ****ing sort it out with the injuries already, is unplayable... Im sorry for swearing, but is REALLY annoying.

There were no changes to the injury module in the latest update

Don't apologise for swearing- just don't do it as it is not necessary to get your point across.

This is getting stupid now... Since the 15.2.1 was installed in my FM, this happened. Is stupid how 11 players, 7 or 8 from my first team got injured out of nowhere. My training is set to average, itrained fitness in the pre-season, i give them rest before and after every match, before the season started i went and got new physios and new fitness coaches wich are great. This is stupid, River Plate barely had 3 or 4 injuries on his players in the last year, and they weren't even long, irl we had a small ass squad and in the last 6 months only 1 player was injured for like 2 to 3 months who was Kranevitter and he recovered faster than expected and then 2 or 3 had little knocks here and there. sort it out with the injuries already, is unplayable... Im sorry for swearing, but is REALLY annoying.

Do you know what is annoying? Complaining about injuries, when nothing was changed regarding them since FM15 was released. Nothing was changed in 15.2 or 15.2.1.

If you're having issues, ask advice in the Tactics and Training forum and give information about your training setup and match fitness levels.

It's something that can be improved a lot on your end, unless this is a one-off which is unlucky.

I can't play against 10 men, is it just me???

What always happens is I fare well 11 v 11, game is at 0-0, they get a man sent off and I go to ****. Either lose or draw, always. I don't even go all out attack I set it controlled. I can't beat 10 men, what's up with this???

What always happens is I fare well 11 v 11, game is at 0-0, they get a man sent off and I go to ****. Either lose or draw, always. I don't even go all out attack I set it controlled. I can't beat 10 men, what's up with this???

If you're looking for advice, the tactics forum is the place to ask. It'd be a good start if you post your tactical setup and what you do when the opposition go a man down.

Do you know what is annoying? Complaining about injuries, when nothing was changed regarding them since FM15 was released. Nothing was changed in 15.2 or 15.2.1.

If you're having issues, ask advice in the Tactics and Training forum and give information about your training setup and match fitness levels.

It's something that can be improved a lot on your end, unless this is a one-off which is unlucky.

I'm a third of the way into a season and have zero injuries, I did have a a couple of 2-3 week ones but squad rotation and a good pre season means they were all fit and ready to go, I do expect to get a couple now and then but that's usually down to bad luck, never undertand all the people moaning abut injuries when here isn't a problem.

They're probably parking the bus, drawing you in and countering.

I'm getting long save times again, more the last quarter, seems to hang. Bit of a daft question, but how would they actually fix the saving issue? I assume it isnt just removing a string of code?

No-one knows, but I'd be 99% sure it isn't that simple. Especially given it has come back.

so you say this isnt bug? training setup and match fitness level??? bro we are not idiots so dont treat us like we are

its gona be loooong winter for you guys :)

so you say this isnt bug? training setup and match fitness level??? bro we are not idiots so dont treat us like we are

You will get treated like one if you use phrases like "bro".

There is no injury bug, just flawed managers who dont look after their players.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough if you're still asking. It isn't a bug as injury rates in FM are lower than real life.

It's user input most likely.

Saving time is chronically long again. :(

I've measured the time taken to save my game. My saved game size is 124,865KB. On one occasion, it's 1:45.5 minutes. On another, it's 1:44.5 minutes. It i were to compare between the current update and the former, there's definitely an increase in saving time. In previous update, the time clocked to save is between 50 seconds to 1 minute.

Is this a known issue..?

Thank you.

How is it possible that no-one in SI ever clicks on the save button once to see the problem :)

Agree, how come NO ONE at SI noticed the long saving times?

Either:

a) They're not paying attention; or,

b) They have NASA-like superfast computers from an alien technology

Agree, how come NO ONE at SI noticed the long saving times?

Either:

a) They're not paying attention; or,

b) They have NASA-like superfast computers from an alien technology

Or alternatively, c ) they aren't having any issues with saving times. I know I'm not. Had a quick game before I left for work this morning. Saved it. Took about a minute or so as it always does.

This is the thing though, surely not rebreaking things they've fixed should be damn near the top of the list. This wasn't a small issue last time, and it's not a small issue now. Save times not being blown out should be something they check with multiple standards of hardware before any and every patch is pushed out, particularly now that they've done in twice in the space of a few months.

Judging by how long they took to fix it last time, it seems FM 15 is going to spend more time collecting that sweet sweet metaphorical dust.

Well it is a small issue really, its a save time, it doesnt affect the game play in anyway at all, its just a bit frustrating for us who experience. The fact not everyone does speaks a lot for how hard a problem it must be to track down. Its also not as bad as it was last time, just slightly longer than a few days ago. But hey, if your not playing the game, why are you on here moaning about it?!

This is the thing though, surely not rebreaking things they've fixed should be damn near the top of the list. This wasn't a small issue last time, and it's not a small issue now. Save times not being blown out should be something they check with multiple standards of hardware before any and every patch is pushed out, particularly now that they've done in twice in the space of a few months.

Judging by how long they took to fix it last time, it seems FM 15 is going to spend more time collecting that sweet sweet metaphorical dust.

Stop the presses! This is total gold that I'm sure every development team in the World must know!

Or, more accurately, you're stating the absolute obvious, and treating it so simplistically. You're acting like they did it on purpose, when with software, this thing happens all. The. Time. It's frustrating, of course it is, but it's nowhere near as widespread as it was before. Mine still seems fine, where it was really bad before it was fixed the first time. If you think about it logically - even if that's a stretch - then that suggests it isn't the same thing. So - maybe, just maybe - this isn't as cut and dried as some are making out.

Well it is a small issue really, its a save time, it doesnt affect the game play in anyway at all, its just a bit frustrating for us who experience. The fact not everyone does speaks a lot for how hard a problem it must be to track down. Its also not as bad as it was last time, just slightly longer than a few days ago. But hey, if your not playing the game, why are you on here moaning about it?!

I wonder how many people do and do not experience this. Half the issue may be people with very good computers who simply won't notice the slowdown or simply people not paying attention while it's saving.

I am playing the game, which is the issue. As before though I might just leave it to collect dust until they fix a problem that was already fixed. It doesn't seem as bad as before, and hopefully it won't take as long, but we'll have to see.

Stop the presses! This is total gold that I'm sure every development team in the World must know!

Or, more accurately, you're stating the absolute obvious, and treating it so simplistically. You're acting like they did it on purpose, when with software, this thing happens all. The. Time. It's frustrating, of course it is, but it's nowhere near as widespread as it was before. Mine still seems fine, where it was really bad before it was fixed the first time. If you think about it logically - even if that's a stretch - then that suggests it isn't the same thing. So - maybe, just maybe - this isn't as cut and dried as some are making out.

Nobody is saying they did it on purpose, but surely if this happened again, they didn't test the hotfix enough. I know it's going to be hard for them between trying to sort out urgent issues such as the workshop issues, but equally rebreaking fixed parts of the game is something that simply shouldn't be happening, especially considering the time to roll out a fix last time.

I wonder how many people do and do not experience this. Half the issue may be people with very good computers who simply won't notice the slowdown or simply people not paying attention while it's saving.

I am playing the game, which is the issue. As before though I might just leave it to collect dust until they fix a problem that was already fixed. It doesn't seem as bad as before, and hopefully it won't take as long, but we'll have to see.

Equally, people may be making things out to be worse than they are, its very hard to tell on here at the best of times.

Nobody is saying they did it on purpose, but surely if this happened again, they didn't test the hotfix enough. I know it's going to be hard for them between trying to sort out urgent issues such as the workshop issues, but equally rebreaking fixed parts of the game is something that simply shouldn't be happening, especially considering the time to roll out a fix last time.

The fix arrived pretty quickly in development terms. And of course it shouldn't happen, but it does. It's hardly criminal, it's pretty standard software development, especially when they were under pressure to produce a fix.

Surely you can see the irony of complaining that they didn't test it enough, then also complaining that it took them too long to roll out a fix?

If one day whilst eating an apple, I accidentally bite into a worm, I don't cut up every subsequent apple I eat into little pieces to test if there are worms inside those ones.

Or to put it in a more software development way, you would probably check a few apples due to your bad memories, but it's unrealistic to cut up and check every single one you have for something that probably won't happen.

When you add in the fact that this fix is clearly system/save dependent, it's going to be pretty tough to fully test this.

If one day whilst eating an apple, I accidentally bite into a worm, I don't cut up every subsequent apple I eat into little pieces to test if there are worms inside those ones.

If I bit into a worm while eating an apple, I would seriously question how and why that could happen, and take appropriate measures to make sure it didn't happen again.

If I bit into a worm while eating an apple, I would seriously question how and why that could happen, and take appropriate measures to make sure it didn't happen again.

Which they are. Jesus...again, you're acting like they just pushed the patch out with a big "MEH", and clearly have no understanding that these things, while frustrating, happen in software development. Hell, it's happened in the ME every single update since CM began.

Which they are. Jesus...again, you're acting like they just pushed the patch out with a big "MEH", and clearly have no understanding that these things, while frustrating, happen in software development. Hell, it's happened in the ME every single update since CM began.

I never said anything of the sort. Rather, I'm just concerned that such a bug could occur again in such a short turn around.

Can we stop the poor analogies? The longer save times are a known issue.

Was it ever revealed what caused it last time, and is this potentially related to the same problem?

Archived