Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done on the update SI battles between FB and RW/LW are good to watch now, loose balls in the middle of the park mix the game up a bit as well, lots of varied attacking, good defending, only one thing is walls from free kicks you only get the full amount of players you have picked for wall duty if the free kick is central, if it is wide of the box 0-2 players in the wall sometimes standing on top of each other so not really a wall, I have 2 saved matches for pkm's will wait till I have 5 but it's 2 games from 2 so far.

Just to be sure ... did you increase the amount of "parrying"/"not being able to catch the ball" moments? I just played 4 matches and the opposition scored 2 times in situations like this.

The first goal was okay I guess ... Messi shot from around the 5 yard box and Neymar finished it (vs Steaua).

The second was a long shot from the box ... keeper wasn't diving or anything - just not able to catch the ball. He then wondered why he doesn't have the ball while the second striker sprinted from the penalty spot to the line and netted. (Game vs U Cluj, Long shot by Morar: 9)

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen ever ... but the goalkeeper should show some kind of reaction, specially on the second occasion. Plus this should be treated as major error in their game and should be treated in post match interviews like players that have caused a penatly.

I can confirm that cloud saves take unusually long. I clocked it; 3 minutes for cloud save! Last year it was about 30 seconds. I'm talking about the in-game save, not the upload/sync after you close FM.

Regular save also took 3 minutes, the longest part at about 3/4 of the bar as others have said.

I'm not sure about regular saves as last year i usually went with the cloud, but something is definitely off here. It should not take 3 minutes for a cloud save. Unfortunately I did not try a cloud save until today so I'm not sure if the hotfix is causing this.

I have i7 3770k, 16gb RAM, Intel SSD with 20% free space. Verified game cache integrity, etc etc.

Tackling in FM2015 is very poor - the only realistic tackling is the sliding tackle that occurs occasionally - in real football tackling occurs very frequently.

Example 1: The winger runs down the wing for perhaps 50yds with the full back running parallel to the winger without any challenge occurring, and, all the defender usually succeeds in doing is blocking

the cross which goes for the (far too often) corner (not enough variation here either.)

Example 2: When players running through the center of the pitch with the ball (especially towards the penalty area) and the opponents just shadow him and never try to get in a decent challenge.

This would never occur in a real football match!

Example 3: Players running back towards their own goal past an opponent in possession when he could easily get in a challenge (an old FM chestnut.)

I refuse to believe the players would behave the way they do at times. I started with Colwyn Bay and in the first chat with my players I tell them we have enough about us and should aim for mid-table at least this season (battle against relegation is predicted), most of them reject this idea and turn against me saying I am unrealistic. Surely players in real life wouldn't react to a new manager giving them a confidence boost? Possibly if you get a small club to the Premier League but this is the Conference North, anything could happen.

I had this for Rotherham saying we can beat relegation and they were negative about it - yet we finished 10th. It's an odd inclusion that your team can be so negative.

The save games are a very long after a season or so aswell.

FC Wacker Innsbruck are beasts on this game. Had a Leicester save which now won't load (complained in a different thread already) and went on a pre-season camp to Austria, lost 3:1 (AM controls friendlys though). Due to the loading issue, started a new save, decided to go to Dortmund (haven't managed in Germany since about FM 2007), preseason camp in Austria, lost 5:1 :D

Might have to start a save as Innsbruck :D

FC Wacker Innsbruck are beasts on this game. Had a Leicester save which now won't load (complained in a different thread already) and went on a pre-season camp to Austria, lost 3:1 (AM controls friendlys though). Due to the loading issue, started a new save, decided to go to Dortmund (haven't managed in Germany since about FM 2007), preseason camp in Austria, lost 5:1 :D

Might have to start a save as Innsbruck :D

All grey teams?

Aye saving is horrifically slow. Im just starting the second season and my 30 season game in FM14 saves quicker than this. Gets to 3/4 and just stops. It was slow prior to this but this is about twice as slow now.

Could people reporting slow save issues please post in the bugs forum, including some sort of system report (dxdiag or Mac System Report) to see if a common theme can be spotted? It doesn't seem to be affecting every configuration, but it certainly seems to be an issue for a few people.

I don't know what the improvements to defending were but they aren't doing anything to me.

42121 in an away match against a similar team.

2 DMs, team sitting deep, slow tempo, counter attack. Utterly dicked, opposition have 37 shots.

Even if I tried as hard as possible to create as bad a tactic as possible this shouldn't be happening.

The only way to play this game is all out attack as there are no tackles or defending to be seen anywhere.

I don't know what the improvements to defending were but they aren't doing anything to me.

42121 in an away match against a similar team.

2 DMs, team sitting deep, slow tempo, counter attack. Utterly dicked, opposition have 37 shots.

Even if I tried as hard as possible to create as bad a tactic as possible this shouldn't be happening.

The only way to play this game is all out attack as there are no tackles or defending to be seen anywhere.

You're playing with a deep formation and telling your players to play deeper still and worse.. telling them to play a patient slow game, and worse still, on counter so they sit even deeper ..

And you wonder why the opposition is getting into your half and getting shots off? Really?

since updating ive found the player search extremely laggy, pc is highend etc, ran consistenly well before hand, anyone else noticed this?

#

even after restrarting the game the lag between player profiles / back the the player search is 20seonds ><

You're playing with a deep formation and telling your players to play deeper still and worse.. telling them to play a patient slow game, and worse still, on counter so they sit even deeper ..

And you wonder why the opposition is getting into your half and getting shots off? Really?

I think it would be more useful if you explained why all that is a bad idea, rather than arrogantly implying he should know

If I told you I was playing with a fast tempo with a high line you'd just say the opposite. Amusingly I just played the match again with 1 DM and a higher line and it was far worse.

Looking at the pad in front of me this is the 38th time I've played this fixture* using a variety of formation and strategies, using this as a start point with tweaks along the way.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/team-instructions/tactical-styles

Average shots against: 27 (Do you have any idea how rare this is in real life?)

Most shots against: 35

Average goals for: 0.13

Average goals against: 3.15

* This is the only way to learn the match engine in my experience.

The game has been lost before I pick any tactics or players, there is not a strategy that will get me a win here.

It's not. This is how it works, whatever you do you should have done the opposite. It's the way the match engine is written and the way the community responds.

Have you sought help in the Tactics Forum? Playing the same game 38 times and being frustrated tends to imply that whatever strategies you are using, simply aren't right. If you are willing to create a thread in that section of the forum, we can try to help you out.

since updating ive found the player search extremely laggy, pc is highend etc, ran consistenly well before hand, anyone else noticed this?

#

Yes, but switching to and fro in player search/scouting was slow even before the hotfix. Never had these problems with slooooooowness in FM 14, FM 15 is slower. Slower going to and fro certain pages, and slower to save. Much, much slower.

Yeah I think I'm going to want to see an actual changelist because I'm still seeing about 2 or 3 cross to near post goals every game. It doesn't look like much has changed at all really.

I think not showing a change list tends to bring out more accurate information overall, pkms and actual numbers could be useful, Devs have learned be wary of "about" and x% with good reason.

Yes, but switching to and fro in player search/scouting was slow even before the hotfix. Never had these problems with slooooooowness in FM 14, FM 15 is slower. Slower going to and fro certain pages, and slower to save. Much, much slower.

i had no lag before, but now its barely playable when looking for players ><

Why release a hotfix surely taking time and making a full proper update would be better since the update my strikers that were scoring regular have stopped and my defenders and goalkepper just have no idea what to do

Balancing the ME is a step by step progression which needs feedback often, and there's no such thing as a full and proper update where the ME is concerned.

Always a work in progress.

If clearing your cache doesn't work post in the Crashes and Technical Issues forum, it shouldn't be that bad by any means.

I'm in August of the first season, mate. I run a fairly big DB, but come on - seven minutes? Note that before the patch we were talking 3-4 minutes which was still worse than FM14. Don't mean to sound like I'm moaning or that just want to make it clear I'm not running a scrapheap haha.

I've got a fairly powerful PC - can run just about anything I attempt on it;

Radeon HD 5570

8GB RAM

2.7Ghz Quadcore AMD A6-3670

Not that fantastic a pc mate, I've an Acer lappy I got just 1 month ago, it has 8GB RAM, AMD A10 processor and 1TB HD, how old is it and how much space is on it??

If clearing your cache doesn't work post in the Crashes and Technical Issues forum, it shouldn't be that bad by any means.

I have cleared my cache several times in the last 2 days. Posted about the slow saving issue in crashes and technical already.

I know if I told my lads down the training ground that I, as manager wanted to go above and beyond expectations, they'd be pretty stressed by the pressure... and that's sunday league stuff.

Yeah, I'd actually expect the reaction to be worse at lower levels where players have worse mental attributes. Also the manager's own attributes for motivating and man management are likely to be terrible at that level. I'm in the third full season of my save now, and I only have one attribute in double figures after starting with the lowest experience and badges. (Judging Player Potential 11 yaaay). I can't get my coaching badges because my club can't afford it.

Some strange end of year awards since the new patch. Halfway through season 1 (Jan 2015) and Ribery wins the ballon d'or with Messi 2nd and Ronaldo 3rd. That's strange enough but then there's the world best XI which contains none of these three players. So FIFA somehow chose the three best players in the world, and then determined that they did not merit a place in the best team. Bit odd.

May have had a breakthrough by dropping my wingers back even deeper. My logic here was it would be smaller gap between the defensive players and the attacking 3.

Result: Win.

Score: 2-1

Shots: 12-14

Gonna run this a few more times to see if it was a fluke.

:D 3 utter tonkings, this was a doozey. I must be the worst manager in history.

0uEVXVx.jpg

Noticed a lag in saving at about 75% on the save bar. Pauses briefly at about 20% then the major lag at 75. Took about 20 seconds and I am about a game month into the save. Wasn't as quick as FM 14 before the Hotfix but certainly quicker than it is after the hotfix. Have reported on Thomit's thread in bug forum.

My spec is :

Operating System

Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77-D3H (Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz)

Graphics

LCD-MONITOR (1280x1024@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Gigabyte)

Storage

931GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device (SATA)

Think the spec is decent enough?

Archived