Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That means absolutely nothing. At the very least post the detailed stats.

Ok, but im playing the game and im not trying to destroy it.

I take a look into the detailed stats, only 9 shots was on goal.

What i wanted to say it's that i try difficult to figure out a match where one team shots 50 times and only 9 times hit the goal. Scoring 1 goal, with the opposite keeper rated 6.7. That's all. It don't happen in my match, but hard to believe that can happen at all.

I play the game, only seems strange and then i post it. That's all.

Ok, but im playing the game and im not trying to destroy it.

I take a look into the detailed stats, only 9 shots was on goal.

What i wanted to say it's that i try difficult to figure out a match where one team shots 50 times and only 9 times hit the goal. Scoring 1 goal, with the opposite keeper rated 6.7. That's all. It don't happen in my match, but hard to believe that can happen at all.

I play the game, only seems strange and then i post it. That's all.

I understand Joe :)

The stats you've given us, isn't enough though. If there really is an issue, it would be good to post it so that SI can fix it. Based on what you've said so far though, it isn't a bug. I'd say the only abnormal thing is the amount of shots. 50 sounds high! I can only imagine that San Marino parked all their busses, so most of the shots would have been long-range and either off-target or blocked.

While I agree that some teams have done their business, really how many transfers do you see still going on in July and August?

I would say a lot.

I start the game at the beginning of July and teams are still very active in the transfer window at this point in real life, especially if new players become available, when I take over a team none of the players are for sale, the next day there are 7 or 8, surely clubs would then look at it, when receiving no offers and the players are then available on a free, yes they will have to pay agent fees and player wages/bonuses but they are still getting a player that was valued at 2 million for 0 money down.

I have to think out of all the clubs in the world that could afford 10k a week wages 1 of them would be interested in taking the player and paying his agent fees.

You've missed the point that although you start a save on 1st July the game data is actually as at 1st September. Transfers all completed in the transfer window have gone through, squads have been finalised IRL and the associated finances adjusted.

Therefore any save you start is going to see very minimal activity as teams don't have money to spend and don't need players.

I understand that Cougar that is why I said when new players become available that were not available before.

In real life when Anzhi Makhachkala decided to sell players teams that looked like they were finished in the market suddenly were looking to buy again.

It is also that teams have a budget set out for the season and many managers say during the window "if the right player becomes available", those managers then go on to spend nothing, also teams also buy in the January window so there is money still there.

Simply saying "teams don't have money to spend and don't need players." is not correct. Teams ALWAYS need players and it is not like every team in the world is then skint at the end of August.

If I make 7 or 8 players available for free, good players at that then teams would be interested in them in real life.

I agree with daylight about transfers I can't even sell Ashley young and even when I offer him for free on loan and pay his wages, nobody is interested I am quite sure someone would snap that up. Overall the me is better though and seems more fluid in term of converted chances being taken at higher percentage and goalkeepers not making wierd mistakes.

It is something that we're aware of, as you figured out changing the squad status fixes the issue.

It also happens when you are trying to give youth players a professional contract. The good ones that should in my opinion be "Hot Prospect" want to be "Backup" and the "Decent Youngster" ones want to "Hot Prospect", you can change and then lock the status in the negotiation. Though that adds a few extra click to every negotiation that aren't needed, it also has the consequence that the ones who ask for Backup don't ask for "Wage After Reaching Club Career League Games" clauses.

I understand that Cougar that is why I said when new players become available that were not available before.

In real life when Anzhi Makhachkala decided to sell players teams that looked like they were finished in the market suddenly were looking to buy again.

It is also that teams have a budget set out for the season and many managers say during the window "if the right player becomes available", those managers then go on to spend nothing, also teams also buy in the January window so there is money still there.

Simply saying "teams don't have money to spend and don't need players." is not correct. Teams ALWAYS need players and it is not like every team in the world is then skint at the end of August.

If I make 7 or 8 players available for free, good players at that then teams would be interested in them in real life.

The problem is a team only have 25 squad places and if they are for the most part filled its a case of teams having to sell before they can buy.

If you want to get rid of a player thats fine but you need to accept that in the first window its just not that easy, who wants your 2* AML for example when most teams have two or three similar player in their squad with ample more available to pick up on frees on lower wages.

You also have the issue of giving other managers time to evaluate your squad, manager shortlists are created when the save is created and if a player you are looking to move is rated as a first team player other teams presume he isn't available.

New managers IRL have similar issues when they take over, just look at Man Utd last summer. David Moyes took over and offloaded how many players? Did Anderson leave? what about Nani?

I know this Pelz, as I said it has been discussed to death.

That is why I said "I wish it was more Fun".

The players I am offering out are not on insane wages, it would be nice if a club in real life did this just to see the response but from 1000s of clubs I am sure 1 club would come in for a player valued at 2 million and pick up his 10k a week wages.

Also a team trolling me saying a player they are interested in is not value for money at 0, at this I did laugh a little.

Strange as it may seem, I find it easier to sell players for £1 than 0. Someone told me this, i thought they were blethering pish, but I now have a higher success rate selling those players. Also, the 1st season is skewed as only a handful of clubs have decent kittys.

I will give you a better example Cougar, to see if that helps.

Lets say Burnley are looking for a MC, the board have said there is 1.2m to spend.

The manager knows around 300-400k will be on signing on fee and agent fees so he is looking for a player around 800k, there is no player available for that price that would improve his team, he does not spend that money as it is a case of "if the right player becomes available".

I then put up my players for sale or worst case scenario I am willing to let them go on a free, now these players are not 2* guys they are just that do not fit into my system, they are valued at 2 million and out of reach for Burnley.

I offer them for 0 and they will have to pay lets say 400k in fees, they would then have 800k left from their budget so even if they have to pay say an extra 5k a week extra in wages they would still get a better player than they could have hoped for and at an even cheaper price than they would have paid if they had spent their entire budget on buying the player and then paying his wages.

I use Burnley as an example but there are quite probably 1000s of clubs that could afford his 10k a week wages and I am sure 1 or 2 would be interested.

If we use the fact that we are basically screwed in the first window then something is wrong with the game as every manager wants to make his own team, they want to let go players and bring in new ones.

I know you used Moyes at Man Utd but how many new managers go into new clubs and sell players that do not fit into the system he has planned so he can free up money and spaces for new players to come in?

Either way the game is then flawed.

Loving the game pre-patch and still loving it.

But still not sorted international call up's, i.e U19/U20 one's, clashing with end of season cup finals. Just had my young first team squad decimated for a Croatian Cup Final due to them playing some pointless International youth game somewhere. In the past previous versions have had similar happen for a Europa League Final so what's a mere Croatian Cup Final right? :D

Version after version after version after version after version this remains a problem.

Patch after patch after patch after patch after patch after patch after patch this remains a problem.

Shame, but I might have mentioned it once or twice over the years/versions. :)

Just started a new game with Arsenal on the new patch and have noticed that whenever I play away from home, rather than the team using the away kit (the yellow one) we are always wearing the third kit instead (the purple one). Why is this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Strange as it may seem, I find it easier to sell players for £1 than 0. Someone told me this, i thought they were blethering pish, but I now have a higher success rate selling those players. Also, the 1st season is skewed as only a handful of clubs have decent kittys.

Ha,ha.

I will have to try this.

Ha,ha.

I will have to try this.

Yeah, me too. Could be a good shout.

Apologies if its been mentioned - I don't have time to go through hundreds of replies.

October first season, Leighton Baines comes to me saying he wants to move to a bigger club. I say we can qualify for the Europa League this season, he says okay...THE VERY NEXT DAY he asks for a transfer - we're in sixth place after six league games...

Yeah, i'm finding this patch hard to get on with. Sadly i am one of those individuals that likes to use other players tactic as i'm more into player development than tactical analysis. Every existing tactic seems dreadful and regardless of what happens my AC Milan team get beaten. Oh well.

Flawed is a little harsh, certainly not perfect but nothing ever is. You've forgotten about the player in your example, if he is not interested in moving to Burnley then it doesn't matter if you offer him out for nothing because Burnley will not waste their time trying to get the player to negotiate a contract that he will never accept.

Of course that could be a problem for some of the teams, we are talking about a player from Serie B here so not entirely out of the question he would move to the Championship, also Burnley were an example out of the 1000s of clubs around the world that could afford his 10k a week wages, of course there would be interest , also this is not just one player but several players I offered out.

I would say it is flawed if you are starting the game unable to offload players as the computer teams are 2 months ahead of you in terms of transfers or if it is somehow built into the game you can not 'giveaway' players at the start of the season as no team will take a 2 million rated player on a free. (yes yes they still have to pay agent fees)

Either way there is a flaw in the game at the start.

Pretty happy with the update but there are 2 things that are very annoying.

The Locking-system

A lot of times my player just doesn't get locked when he is near the ball. Seems to be happening a lot when a corner is cleared.

This seems to happen a lot:

rigcgk.jpg

Also seems to happen often when playing a quick passing game with 2 players standing close to each other.

The many times that the deflects off your own player. Seems to happen a lot when setting up a counterattack or playing a passing game in the midfield.

Ha,ha.

I will have to try this.

Remember, i said i had a higher success rate, not that i actually sold everyone I priced at £1. Out of 5 players i wanted to shift, i couldn't move any on and I had no interest from other clubs, but when i put them up for £1 I managed to get some interest in 3 a few days later and managed to sell two of those 3 players.

Thought I'd reply to the comment in bold, when you drop below the top divisions or move away from the major nations you are no longer offering the player globally. Transfer preferences/tendencies & club scouting knowledge will reduce the number of clubs who will have even heard of the player or will be paying attention to player availability in that division.

You might be surprised how much information actually goes through the transfer module.

Seems like another flaw. :)

Honestly I use the word 'flaw' as that is what I see here, I do not think the game is broken or unplayable, I see the transfer system at the start as being flawed.

A player that is valued at 2 million in Serie B gets put up for sale at 0 and he is not being offered globally?

So the likes of Celtic, Fulham, West Ham, Hamburger SV also other clubs in lower leagues that would be interested in my player and also teams that would interest my player are not being told of his availability?

Somehow that does not seem at all right.

If you're willing to upload the next save where you think there is a problem I'm more than happy to take a look under the hood & then give you some feedback on why they players are not generating any interest.

Will do mate, I think I will start a new save this weekend.

If I get time to start the save this weekend and I can not shift players I will upload the save, I am still going to try Eleanor_Rigbys idea of offering them for a quid though. :p

• SI Staff
Seedorf doesn't look over-rated...

2z7jtpd.png

His attributes and indeed Non-Player CA are all blank in the database, which is all fair enough seeing as nobody knows what his strengths and weaknesses as a manager are at this early stage of his managerial career.

It appears as if you are posting a screenshot of Seedorf's abilities three seasons into the game, where he has obviously improved as a manager during those three seasons, especially in the mental attributes. What were those abilities at the start of the game?

I have looked at a new savegame at the June 2013 start date and note that he's got very high attributes, though 'only' three 20s. Therefore, I conclude that the game has created those attributes as a factor of him being the manager of a club with world reputation 173. It's obviously a very rare and possibly unique case where the manager of such a highly-reputed club has no attributes or Current Ability set. I'd conclude that the infrequency of the situation is which is probably the reason why this was not identified as an issue earlier.

I'll discuss this with the coder involved.

can I just ask... I've had Gnabry out on loan since the beginning of the season, I keep getting messages saying he's not getting as many games as I was promised at Swansea he has can be recalled written in to his loan...but I can't recall him and haven't been able to for a while - does that clause comply with the transfer window?

and that blows out of the water the nonsense that the player can do exactly the same as the AI.

No it doesn't, it simply means that in this one instance, the bug was not caught early enough in the patch testing process to be corrected in time for release. You are, of course, free to believe that the AI can do all manner of things that the use cannot, but then you also have to ask yourself why they would do that and lie to you about it, and if there really is a conspiracy to ruin the game for their paying customers.

can I just ask... I've had Gnabry out on loan since the beginning of the season, I keep getting messages saying he's not getting as many games as I was promised at Swansea he has can be recalled written in to his loan...but I can't recall him and haven't been able to for a while - does that clause comply with the transfer window?

I think you are correct; you will be able to recall him when the transfer window opens.

My AMR (role is winger, attack) has just scored his 27th goal of the season. Four penalties and the rest are pretty much exactly the same goal; lone striker (F9) gets the ball with back to goal, turns and plays an angled through ball, winger bursts into the box while AI left back is still stationary with his back to goal.
Just had the same issue. Capital one cup final versus Swansea (I'm Arsenal). I won 6-2. Swansea and I played ditto formations. A 4-5-1 formation with 2 CMs, 1 AMC, and 2 AMR/L s. 4 out of my 6 goals were through the same means as mentioned above. The lone striker plays through ball behind the full back. My winger outpaces his fullback and scores by means of a placed short. EDIT: I can't seem to post an image.

Just had the same issue. Capital one cup final versus Swansea (I'm Arsenal). I won 6-2. Swansea and I played ditto formations. A 4-5-1 formation with 2 CMs, 1 AMC, and 2 AMR/L s. 4 out of my 6 goals were through the same means as mentioned above. The lone striker plays through ball behind the full back. My winger outpaces his fullback and scores by means of a placed short. EDIT: I can't seem to post an image.

Same here. I have been playing with a 4-4-1-1 formation since the start of the season, and conceded only 16 goals in 28 matches. Then I switched my M L/R's to AM L/R's, because I got tired of seeing the same goal over and over again (my AMC passing a through ball to my lone striker, and he scores on 1-on-1). Now all of a sudden in 2 matches I conceded 7 goals, and scored 5 goals, and almost all of these 12 goals are the same. Now that I have AM L/R's, they keep making those runs behind the opponent FB's, and my lone striker feeds through balls to them - unstoppable. But since my FB's now are not getting any support from my AM L/R's, the opponent wingers are making frequent runs behind my fullbacks too, and that's unstoppable too. So a fairly small change in formation turned the best defense in the league (mine) into a horrible defense. FM14 over for me.

I guess my biggest question is how this game warrants a $49.99 price tag and is still from what I have read from peers, mods and developers a work in progress. I feel like the last patch was pretty decent and this one has no rhyme or reason to it. I also feel aggrieved at the fact that there won't be a short term patch to fix some of the issues that are being mentioned. There should be continued support on this title as FM15 is essentially the same game just hopefully better optimized.

I guess my biggest question is how this game warrants a $49.99 price tag and is still from what I have read from peers, mods and developers a work in progress. I feel like the last patch was pretty decent and this one has no rhyme or reason to it. I also feel aggrieved at the fact that there won't be a short term patch to fix some of the issues that are being mentioned. There should be continued support on this title as FM15 is essentially the same game just hopefully better optimized.

If by "work in progress" you actually mean incomplete, then you're just plain wrong. If you're struggling with this patch, start a thread explaining what you're struggling with. You'll soon get some advice. The latest patch improved attacking play (quite a bit, imo) so if you are using a tactic that sits back and hitting teams on the counter, you might be having problems if your shape and instructions aren't solid.

It may be something else entirely that doesn't make sense to you or that you're struggling with, so that's why I say, start a thread.

Just started a new game with Arsenal on the new patch and have noticed that whenever I play away from home, rather than the team using the away kit (the yellow one) we are always wearing the third kit instead (the purple one). Why is this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Yeah kit selection problem, I just deleted the purple kit as it is not actually a registered premier league kit this season. Problem solved.

Why won't anyone respond to my question below? It is my fourth time asking. I also paid for the game and deserve some level of support same as everyone else. On what basis do moderators pick and choose which questions to answer?

Is there any way to get rid of the little yellow marks that indicate your player has a note? I find these extremely ugly and hope there is an option to turn these off. I have notes on all my players, so it serves absolutely no purpose for me.

Why won't anyone respond to my question below? It is my fourth time asking. I also paid for the game and deserve some level of support same as everyone else. On what basis do moderators pick and choose which questions to answer?

On the basis that sometimes we are catching up, and wait to see if it is answered on the second page of stuff we are catching up on - we are also human and then tend to forget. Apologies.

The marks I believe are permanent, they existed on all other versions of FM, I think they were re-added for this update after being missed off the first (someone feel free to correct me otherwise) - generally people feel they are useful. Apologies for the delay in answering my friend.

Yeah no official way of doing it, but requesting this in the skinning forum may yield some results.

As for the not answering sooner thing, we can only apologise, but do understand, we are moderators not SI members and our role isn't customer support (although we do try and help as much as we can.. if we can), we are just members of the forum like yourselves,.. that being said, hope your question is answered now. :brock:

If it's a long term loan and you have the clause, you can only recall within the window :thup:

I made a comment on page 6 of this thread about AI defending corners zonally. It seems to have been ignored by the powers at be, (in this thread at least), although I see they they have at least bothered to respond to the question in T&TGF.

To be honest this just reeks of a late stop-gap intended to do nothing more than appease all those "people" in here who complained longest and loudest that "the game is broken and unplayable". Now you get absolutely every single AI team setting up the same way for corners, (zonally). Where is the "tactics" in that? Where is the realism? It's just dumbing the game down for those that can't be bothered to find a solution to a very slight problem.

The reason that the "fix" didn't show up the pretty glaring problem that every single AI team defends in a way that we cannot instruct our players to do, (come on, it's not brain surgery), only came to light late in the day? Well then you should have come up with it sooner or not done it at all. It's rubbish. It is a poor attempt to fix a decade old problem that has only served to create new problems without fixing the old one's.

As for penalties, I see that they took a long hard look at the feedback that was given to them from the last ME and did absolutely nothing with it. How can you have it impossible to miss a penalty? Exactly how basic is that?

There are lots of good things about the ME, and I know that the team are not testing Supermen, but these two areas are really below-par for them.

Add in that the general gist of the ME seems to have made things much much much easier, and I think I would prefer to have the old "hard" one back. I was loving that and now I just keep winning and it's not right.

Meh! :(

[Edit]

Anything that makes it easier for the human manager to win will always be allowed to slip through the net when push comes to shove because a large % of the customer base want results without putting in the effort. Now though, it's long-shot heaven where hit and hope merchants again rule the roost and. We have gone from it being decent with both long-shots and 1v1's to again being dumbed down and too easy to score.

I can't lose at the moment and it's making me not want to play. I never felt like this when I couldn't win. :(

Just had a game where, despite winning 3-0 having 26 shots of which 17 were on target and 64 percent possession to the oppositions two shots and one on target, the commentary line suggesting I were 'hanging on in there' (at the point of their one tame shot on target, from a corner, already three up with around 6 minutes to go) came up - something that could possibly be fine tuned. Commentary is definitely a little off in places!

Loving the new update however, maybe discovered a slight issue.

Had to tactics, both asymmetric, both exact same only opposite formation (does that make sense? I'm loaded with the cold so that appears to be the best my brain is doing at describing them) and both close to 100% fluidity.

Dropped one tactic and created a new one, now the fluidity on the remaining asymmetric tactic has tanked. Anyone else noticed this? Anyway to increase tactic fluidity using in game editor?

Apart from that, everything else is magic. Honestly, best ME yet (though, i didn't particularly mind 14.2, or fm 13)

Good work all at SI

Thanks

Ally

What positions do you have issues with? ML/R or AML/R?

What Role / Duty combinations have you used?

An Advanced Playmaker at AML/R can do exactly what it sounds like you're after.

EDIT: What Mentality are you using? Any tempo changes?

Yes, it's AML/R. I've gone through just about every player role, and none of them have really cut it. I've actually found the Wide Target Man role does the closest to what I want but they're still a nuisance. I'll try Advanced Playmaker again though.

As for mentality & tempo, I've gone through every possible setting; waited for the team to get fluid in those settings as well; & I've honestly just not seen that big of a difference in any of them. Right now, I'm just using a Counter mentality. For how I want to play, the description for Control & Attacking mentalities makes sense but after so long using those mentalities, I'm now clutching at straws & just going through basically every mentality. I use the Higher Tempo shout. Again, it's counterintuitive because if I used a tempo which describes exactly how I want to play with possession, Much Lower Tempo makes sense but it just seems to result in slow ball distribution. Higher Tempo stops slow ball distribution but it results in more forced play.

I made a comment on page 6 of this thread about AI defending corners zonally. It seems to have been ignored by the powers at be, (in this thread at least), although I see they they have at least bothered to respond to the question in T&TGF.

To be honest this just reeks of a late stop-gap intended to do nothing more than appease all those "people" in here who complained longest and loudest that "the game is broken and unplayable". Now you get absolutely every single AI team setting up the same way for corners, (zonally). Where is the "tactics" in that? Where is the realism? It's just dumbing the game down for those that can't be bothered to find a solution to a very slight problem.

The reason that the "fix" didn't show up the pretty glaring problem that every single AI team defends in a way that we cannot instruct our players to do, (come on, it's not brain surgery), only came to light late in the day? Well then you should have come up with it sooner or not done it at all. It's rubbish. It is a poor attempt to fix a decade old problem that has only served to create new problems without fixing the old one's.

As for penalties, I see that they took a long hard look at the feedback that was given to them from the last ME and did absolutely nothing with it. How can you have it impossible to miss a penalty? Exactly how basic is that?

Okay, two things. The corner question has been answered in this thread. Have a look at this thread. It will explain everything. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386248-14.3-Corners

Post 15 and 38 in particular.

Second. I wouldn't presume that the fix to penalty accuracy is an easy one. Knock-on effects could be disastrous, if any arise. It's not a big problem though, is it? It's annoying during penalty shoot-outs, but at least you don't have any advantage/disadvantage vs the AI.

Yes, it's AML/R. I've gone through just about every player role, and none of them have really cut it. I've actually found the Wide Target Man role does the closest to what I want but they're still a nuisance. I'll try Advanced Playmaker again though.

As for mentality & tempo, I've gone through every possible setting; waited for the team to get fluid in those settings as well; & I've honestly just not seen that big of a difference in any of them. Right now, I'm just using a Counter mentality. For how I want to play, the description for Control & Attacking mentalities makes sense but after so long using those mentalities, I'm now clutching at straws & just going through basically every mentality. I use the Higher Tempo shout. Again, it's counterintuitive because if I used a tempo which describes exactly how I want to play with possession, Much Lower Tempo makes sense but it just seems to result in slow ball distribution. Higher Tempo stops slow ball distribution but it results in more forced play.

Fluidity also affects this, and how many roles you have on Attacking, and how many forwards (AMRLC/SC) you have in your formation. Since you have a rather specific request, I think you might actually get very good answers in the Tactics forum if you spent some time writing up all the necessary information.

I think that what you want is patient football without sacrificing counter-attack power. Have you tried Playing Counter with an attacking formation and More Direct, Higher Tempo, Hassle and Push Up selected?

delete notes and they'll disappear or untick this

capture.png

Okay, two things. The corner question has been answered in this thread. Have a look at this thread. It will explain everything. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/386248-14.3-Corners

Post 15 and 38 in particular.

Second. I wouldn't presume that the fix to penalty accuracy is an easy one. Knock-on effects could be disastrous, if any arise. It's not a big problem though, is it? It's annoying during penalty shoot-outs, but at least you don't have any advantage/disadvantage vs the AI.

How on Earth does that thread "explain everything"?

You make it sound like I am confused or just don't understand, when in actual fact I think I know pretty well what the score is and I'm just not happy with it.

Knock on effects from the occasional miss from the penalty spot?

Come on HUNT3R. There are times when you just have to say "it's not good enough". I'm on the whole a little peeved with the game after patching, (but that's just me and I seem to be in the minority so no biggy there). But really? Never missing penalties is bad. It's really bad.

As for the corners, well I don't think there is a lot more to be said. If whoever implemented the change, did so, (to AI zonall), while being unaware that we are unable to replicate that...... then doesn't that worry you? I know I can't defend zonally from corners. (I've actually spent some considerable time trying in FM14, without success). If I am unable to do it, then at what point does it cross someone's mind that the solution to all our corner related problems is for absolutely everyone apart from us, to defend zonally. Where is the realism in that? Isn't this the very opposite of what SI intends to do?

They weren't defending zonally in FM14. They weren't defending zonallly in the 1st patch. No. They rushed it through and now we have what we have. It's.... well I don't know what it is. It's just not very good is the most polite I can be.

ps. Linking people to that thread is probably not a great idea when the Mods don't like you responding in that thread. It's not even in GQ.

[Edit]

Just for the record, I'm not complaining that I'm scoring too many goals or conceding too many goals. I'm not even complaining that I'm scoring too few goals or conceding too few goals. No. I actually don't really care how many goals I either score or concede because that's down to me. What I mind is the AI defending in a way in which it is impossible for me to defend, (and I don't care what the reason is because it is completely irrelevant to me). A user-interface issue is just the same as it being hard-written into the ME that the AI can do it but I can't, for no other reason than.... they can and I can't! Do you see what I mean? It's like saying, well there is a "SCORE LATE GOAL" button in the game. It's there for us too however the user-interface unfortunately doesn't allow us to access it. Look I know that's complete bull, but it's the same. It doesn't matter why the difference is there. It just is.

That's not even the biggest thing for me though. The big thing for me is that someone actually decided at some point that the answer to all the AI corner problems, was zonal marking. How on Earth does that happen? Really? Every team playing every tactic in the Worldwith every sort of defender in the World is going to defend zonally? They are going to defend zonally like that no matter what I do? Every single time?

:confused:

That sounds just the antithesis of everything that SI is trying to do in absolutely every part of the game.

Even if it improves corners, (well goal numbers seems to be going the right way), but is that really improvement?

No. It's not. This "rigid" non-"I" AI is not an improvement on what went before in my book. It baffles me why more people are not more disappointed than seemingly just me.

Anyway, not ranting and don't expect anyone to change their views. I'm not happy at all and have explained why.

Jimbokav, the devs have already admitted that the corner issue was an oversight.

I mean, good god man; you'd think this meant that Human managers couldn't win a single game. Sure, it's annoying but it happens.

And yes, there could be knock on effects. What if they tried to implement the pen miss by dropping shooting accuracy? You don't see potential knock on effects from that?

I'm not saying thats what they would do but ANY small change to code can effect something somewhere else.

How on Earth does that thread "explain everything"?

You make it sound like I am confused or just don't understand, when in actual fact I think I know pretty well what the score is and I'm just not happy with it.

Knock on effects from the occasional miss from the penalty spot?

Come on HUNT3R. There are times when you just have to say "it's not good enough". I'm on the whole a little peeved with the game after patching, (but that's just me and I seem to be in the minority so no biggy there). But really? Never missing penalties is bad. It's really bad.

As for the corners, well I don't think there is a lot more to be said. If whoever implemented the change, did so, (to AI zonall), while being unaware that we are unable to replicate that...... then doesn't that worry you? I know I can't defend zonally from corners. (I've actually spent some considerable time trying in FM14, without success). If I am unable to do it, then at what point does it cross someone's mind that the solution to all our corner related problems is for absolutely everyone apart from us, to defend zonally. Where is the realism in that? Isn't this the very opposite of what SI intends to do?

They weren't defending zonally in FM14. They weren't defending zonallly in the 1st patch. No. They rushed it through and now we have what we have. It's.... well I don't know what it is. It's just not very good is the most polite I can be.

ps. Linking people to that thread is probably not a great idea when the Mods don't like you responding in that thread. It's not even in GQ.

What exactly do you want them to do though? They're very open about these things, and let you see all the bug reports. They acknowledge it's a problem, and they'll improve on it the next chance they get. Not really sure what else they can do - it's not going to be fixed now unfortunately.

There are lots of good things about the ME, and I know that the team are not testing Supermen, but these two areas are really below-par for them.

Add in that the general gist of the ME seems to have made things much much much easier, and I think I would prefer to have the old "hard" one back. I was loving that and now I just keep winning and it's not right.

Meh! :(

[Edit]

Anything that makes it easier for the human manager to win will always be allowed to slip through the net when push comes to shove because a large % of the customer base want results without putting in the effort. Now though, it's long-shot heaven where hit and hope merchants again rule the roost and. We have gone from it being decent with both long-shots and 1v1's to again being dumbed down and too easy to score.

I can't lose at the moment and it's making me not want to play. I never felt like this when I couldn't win. :(

Hello Jimbokav,

As Hunt3r has pointed out, the issue with zonal marking from corners has been discussed in more depth on the thread linked to in the Tactics forum, where I believe you have also had your say. Of course any bug is regrettable, but this change was not made as a "stop gap" or any other kind of sticking plaster. Not all AI teams will use this method of zonal marking, but many will, just as many teams in real life use elements of zonal marking at corners.

The penalties issue has also been covered earlier in this feedback thread. Again, we are aware that there is a problem and take this seriously, but we do not believe it is a game-breaking bug.

As for the final comments, there is no conspiracy to make the game easier for anyone. If you are finding your team succeeding then you must be doing something right so try to enjoy it! A quick browse of the forums reveals just as many people complaining that the game is too hard, we feel that this patch has struck a good balance in terms of difficulty.

Archived