*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it weird that the BETA slows down if I'm browsing on the net, with FM12 it didn't make any difference. I still can't figure out why I get 2-3 stars for computer performance on the beta when FM12 its 5 :(

Apart from that and the non dark skin issue, I don't have many gripes with the game.

Is this an ironic post? Hats off if so :-)

This one isn't. If you are still around and have nothing better to do ;) any chance of putting me out of my misery?

As the game heads more and more towards "Teamwork" - Team Training, Tactic Familiarity, Match Preparation etc. - are players now able to recognise the need to/learn to pass/cross the ball to the feet of teammates who can't jump?
I think it's more related to your instructions than anything else, I think decision making comes into it but I'm not sure whether the AI is that intelligent. Will try and get PaulC to answer this at some point but do bear in mind he's rather busy at the moment. :)

I'm finding it ridiculous how no matter who you play against they knock it about like Barcelona. I'm playing as Man Utd and I get passed off the park against rubbish teams at home all the time. Very unrealistic. Hope its different in the new game. I'm happy to work at my tactics and all that but I think this needs to be looks in to. I've tried everything but I'm still getting outplayed by poor teams on a regular basis. Completely different story against the bigger teams however, play wonderfully against them. Very strange. Its a shame because its a great game overall.

I'm finding it ridiculous how no matter who you play against they knock it about like Barcelona. I'm playing as Man Utd and I get passed off the park against rubbish teams at home all the time. Very unrealistic. Hope its different in the new game. I'm happy to work at my tactics and all that but I think this needs to be looks in to. I've tried everything but I'm still getting outplayed by poor teams on a regular basis. Completely different story against the bigger teams however, play wonderfully against them. Very strange. Its a shame because its a great game overall.

Sounds just like Man Utd in real life then.

HIYOOOOOOO

One thing I was hoping for was cloud synchronized game saves on Steam. Some other games have it and it would make playing the same game on different computers a lot simpler instead of having to dig around for the save game files and email them to yourself.

Anyone else had the problem in FMC that you can't negotiate wages at all?

Idk why but every contract negotiation I had with any of my players I couldn't even scrap of 5k of their wage demands when they wanted 125k pw from the start they would not even negotiate one bit, not even with increased bonuses or a better role promise.

• SI Staff
Anyone else had the problem in FMC that you can't negotiate wages at all?

Idk why but every contract negotiation I had with any of my players I couldn't even scrap of 5k of their wage demands when they wanted 125k pw from the start they would not even negotiate one bit, not even with increased bonuses or a better role promise.

Start a thread in the bugs forum and upload a save game if possible. We will then be able to take a look for you to see if anything is going wrong.

Cheers,

Ben

One thing I was hoping for was cloud synchronized game saves on Steam. Some other games have it and it would make playing the same game on different computers a lot simpler instead of having to dig around for the save game files and email them to yourself.

Not quite the same thing, but when saving the game for the first time why not just pick your dropbox (*) folder as the location in which to save? That way it'll be synced with cloud automatically every time. I suppose loading the game on a different computer you'd need to manually navigate to that folder as opposed to just hitting "reload last game", but it's still easier than emailing the file to yourself.

(*) or Google Drive or Microsoft SkyDrive or Box or ...; there's so many providers of free cloud storage nowadays that you can easily dedicate one to just FM.

Brothers got Torquay to League One.

FA Cup 1st round:

Torquay Utd 0 Boreham Wood 1

20 shots to 1

Not saying it's impossible, of course once in a blue moon it would happen, but these results are always cropping up.

People need to admit that it's a problem that needs slightly tweaking so it's not a regular (unrealistic) occurance.

Start a thread in the bugs forum and upload a save game if possible. We will then be able to take a look for you to see if anything is going wrong.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben this relates pretty much to the same problem I had with Rooney and his 350k wage demands.

I uploaded the save game already but it's essentially the same for every first team player, what they demand in wages I have to meet or they aren't signing.

Maybe all the agents are hating me by now but idk, it's really weird since in FM12 I could always find a way if I couldn't pay their wages because the board didn't allow for it despite having massive room in my wage budget I could at least get them to sign due to increased bonuses or team role promise but that seems to be impossible by now.

With the new set up for scouting, I Have my chief scout assigning duties, when I look at the scouting page. I get Known and New talent reports.

Is known just the players that the scout knew about before his assigned role.

So this leads me to believe that New Talent covers everyone he finds on mission.

Another question is that when you set the search, with star ratings, are they relative to your team or for the team the player currently plays with. E.g Championship player having 3 stars but you sign him and he has 1.5 stars?

Just wondered as all my scouts seem to finding a lot of players 4 - 4.5 stars, all over world, has anyone else noticed this?

• Administrators
Is it possible to get some more concrete info on retraining positions in FMC? I've tried playing Raheem Sterling among others in a position for 2 seasons, and he hasn't improved a bit.

If you have a save with that issue I'd appreciate looking at it in the FMC bugs forum - as it works for me.

At the moment there's a 100MB limit per game for steam cloud files. FM saves go far far above that, so until valve relax the restrictions, there's no way that FM will support steam cloud.

Tried out your suggestion, remarkable improvement observed, thanks. Still a lot of glaring

bugs though, i think i've worn my voice hoarse screaming at Sirchesney to pass it short.

Ok, last night i posted some stats before and after the beta patch, saying that, after installing it, it was almost impossible for my team to win despite having possession and more shots in almost every game.

After seeing the advice wwfan gave to someone else, i started tweaking my tactics, instead of trying other formations. Kept the 4-4-2, changed my forward from poacher to deep lying forward in order to link my midfield to the attack. Since i already had a deep lying playmaker, i changed my ball winning MC from defend to support. Result was that my MCs started keeping a higher line and pressing more, instead of falling back near the edge of my box and leaving space to the opponents. I also noticed that my ball winning MC was set to man marking which obviously had to change.

I also made some minor changes to the instructions for my full backs. The result was 3 wins in 3 games.

Btw i have 38 leagues, around 90,000 players loaded but no speed issues or any complains about processing.

Glad I could help.

Your tactical issues illuminate the problems of coding the ME. There is a footballing logic that it and AI tactics access, which includes having a certain number of players moving between the lines (pushing up or dropping deep). If a user's tactic is very static and keeps players glued to their line, then they arguably should be struggling to get results, just as a real life team playing totally static football would. Historically, users employing static tactics have been able to "beat" the ME rather than the AI by keeping their defence back and channeling their passes through to a single, usually quick, player. The lack of collision detection in the ME resulted in this player being guaranteed a certain number of good chances every match. The only thing that mattered was how well he played.

In reality, any team would be able to mark that player out of the game. The one dimensionality of the tactic then gets exposed, as it can't create another type of chance. A user with this type of tactic should be seeing bad football and getting frustrated. How do you know that is you? Generally, if you always kept both FBs on Defend duties, had at least one DLP, possibly two, and forwards only on Attack duties, then there is the strong possibility you were relying on the 'no collision' exploit to overpower the ME. If you had multiple DLPs and an FC in the FCC position, it was almost certainly you.

Ultimately, if this type of tactic is struggling, then it is evidence that the ME has improved structurally. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have some bugs, such as GK distribution, shooting too often from extreme angles, pressing not being aggressive enough etc. However, these are all secondary to the overall structure working far, far better. Structural improvement was the key focus of the two year ME redevelop, which required the introduction of player collision and ball physics. If you can't see quite how much this has improved the overall play of the ME, then you are missing the wood for the trees. Everything outside of this structural improvement is polishing. The ME might need burnishing in certain areas, but the underlying framework has improved significantly.

Oh my word. Home to Nuneaton Boro, already 1-0 up their right back does an attempted cross from 45 yards, the keeper is dead stationary, then the ball bounces into the top corner. LOL x1000. But of course I blame my tactics.

3-3, going into the final 10mins (of course I've dominated shots wise as per usual) their right back, probably 80 yards out, puts forard a long ball which takes the most ridiculous curve....I mean....it was stupid.....the ball goes to the winger who in turn gets taken out in the area. Lost 4-3. LOLx1000. But of course I blame my tactics.

This kind of 1 in a million crap needs to be sorted. It's a joke.

:(:(:(

Oh my word. Home to Nuneaton Boro, already 1-0 up their right back does an attempted cross from 45 yards, the keeper is dead stationary, then the ball bounces into the top corner. LOL x1000. But of course I blame my tactics.

3-3, going into the final 10mins (of course I've dominated shots wise as per usual) their right back, probably 80 yards out, puts forard a long ball which takes the most ridiculous curve....I mean....it was stupid.....the ball goes to the winger who in turn gets taken out in the area. Lost 4-3. LOLx1000. But of course I blame my tactics.

:(:(:(

Have you uploaded a pkm. If not, how can they fix it?

Of course that would very rarely happen, but you calling it one in a million crap kind of proves your own point. I have played over 300 games on FM13, not seen anything like that. Add in all the hunner of other folk in the same situation..... Wont be 1 in a million that it happens in the game but it will be 1 in a bloody high number, much like real life. (for bizarre goals anyhow, rather than your exact described goal)

Ultimately, if this type of tactic is struggling, then it is evidence that the ME has improved structurally. That doesn't mean that it doesn't have some bugs, such as GK distribution, shooting too often from extreme angles, pressing not being aggressive enough etc. However, these are all secondary to the overall structure working far, far better. Structural improvement was the key focus of the two year ME redevelop, which required the introduction of player collision and ball physics. If you can't see quite how much this has improved the overall play of the ME, then you are missing the wood for the trees. Everything outside of this structural improvement is polishing. The ME might need burnishing in certain areas, but the underlying framework has improved significantly.

I haven't bothered posting in this thread before now because, well, most of the posts haven't been worth it... but your whole post and the quoted section in particular is fantastic, and something that SI should be promoting a bit more. The potential of this ME to produce realistic football is far greater than ever before.

Oh dear my keeper just got the hump because i praised his form lol. He went from very good morale to poor because i told him he was playing well and to keep it up. He said I won't go over this again. That's very funny indeed lol.

Glad I could help.

Your tactical issues illuminate the problems of coding the ME. There is a footballing logic that it and AI tactics access, which includes having a certain number of players moving between the lines (pushing up or dropping deep). If a user's tactic is very static and keeps players glued to their line, then they arguably should be struggling to get results, just as a real life team playing totally static football would. Historically, users employing static tactics have been able to "beat" the ME rather than the AI by keeping their defence back and channeling their passes through to a single, usually quick, player. The lack of collision detection in the ME resulted in this player being guaranteed a certain number of good chances every match. The only thing that mattered was how well he played.

In reality, any team would be able to mark that player out of the game. The one dimensionality of the tactic then gets exposed, as it can't create another type of chance. A user with this type of tactic should be seeing bad football and getting frustrated. How do you know that is you? Generally, if you always kept both FBs on Defend duties, had at least one DLP, possible two, and forwards only on Attack duties, then their is the strong possibility you were relying on the 'no collision' exploit to overpower the ME. If you had multiple DLPs and an FC in the FCC position, it was almost certainly you.

Amazing post, sir! :thumbsup:

Every throw in goes to the opposition....penalty shootouts always end up a 4-0 or 4-1 to the opposition....offsides a complete joke! and always your team (6 offsides goals in one game and all clearly onside) players still impossible to sell the list goes on and on to the point, I've gone back to 2012.

The games completely unplayable

Every throw in goes to the opposition....penalty shootouts always end up a 4-0 or 4-1 to the opposition....offsides a complete joke! and always your team (6 offsides goals in one game and all clearly onside) players still impossible to sell the list goes on and on to the point, I've gone back to 2012.

I just lost a shootout 7-6. Haven't seen any issues with offsides or throw-ins.

penalty shootouts won't end in 4-0. just saying. Offside goals are too common in my opinion too. we don't see that many disallowed goals in real life. Maybe stop gameplay quicker if offside is detected by Assistant ref

Is it just me or is there never any free kick goals? Played for two seasons and neither any of my teams (Palermo and Copenhagen) or the teams playing against me has scored, they all hit the cross bar several times though... Like a crazy amount of times.

Cazorla scored a freekick against me. De Gea completely dumbfounded by the run-across-the-balls-path of Giroud. Lots of freekicks and longshots hitting the bar though.

i'LL GIVE IT 9 LOL! Great game best fm yet feels much more like a manager game, gui is amazing, love the new training and staff responsibilities and best yet the director of football inclusion is just genious, Although they can be some improvement on the match engine graphics. Well done SI

i'LL GIVE IT 9 LOL! Great game best fm yet feels much more like a manager game, gui is amazing, love the new training and staff responsibilities and best yet the director of football inclusion is just genious, Although they can be some improvement on the match engine graphics. Well done SI

How are you finding the DoF? I take it you're pleased. What have you got him doing? And how well is he doing it?? I'm trying to get a feel of how well the DoF has been implemented, because for me, if done right, it's the sexiest new thing in the game for a while!!

I havent played FM13 much but I've already seen a LOT of mistakes like this.

but it could just be that I'm playing in the BSN and the goalkeepers are crap.

I havent read all 11 pages but I just want to input my feedback on the Beta so far:

1) Some of the in match visuals are unrealistic - the way the ball floats just seems odd.

2) Post and Pre Match Press Conferences are STILL annoyingly unrealistic and boring. The questions are constantly being repeated and are often irrelevant.

3) Players seem to react strangely to team talks. For example I told my team they all did well and they all suddenly went red stating something like "staring at the floor".

4) The games seem harder to win. Im not talking about more realistic I mean really harder. For example I saved a game before I played. I played my usual formation and tactics. Got smashed 4-0. I then reloaded to before the match, went on holiday and told the Assistant Manager to use same tactics and team and he won 3-0. This has happened on EVERY game I tested it on. I understand he may make different in-match decisions but it just seems too far different to be realistic. If we could see what differences in the in-match decisions he made it would be a start, like the assistant giving me a post-match report on what he did to make the result wildly different.

5) I started a season with Sunderland and I am 12th in November of my first season. Fairly good I would say, yet half my team are unhappy saying we are under performing. Man its Sunderland and we always underperform and to be 12th in November is no cause for concern. They players need to react in a more realistic way. On top of that they all came unhappy at the same time!

6) I know this may be realistic but ive noticed that the team talks have very unpredictable results (in addition to point 3). For example I made ONE team talk where I got angry because we got beat off Swindon. The next day 2 of the team told the press they wanted to leave the club! Sorry, but if a premiership team gets beat by Swindon then the players have no right to want to leave because I get angry! Again this may be down to "realism" but its not realistic in my opinion. And if it is realistic, it would be good to understand the mechanics behind these things.

7) In FM13 I've never seen so many GK own goals in the first part of a season! Whenever the opposition hit the bar, my GK seems to just stare blindly upfield and the ball often bounces off the bar, onto his back then into the net. Already my GK has scored 3 of these this season!

Overall the problems I have had with all of the FM series are still there and some maybe more pronounced. Ive been playing FM since it was first released as Champ Manager in 1993 and ive constantly been frustrated by how the game works (although I do love it). Whenever they change the AI its impossible to figure out what actions will cause what results and moving towards more realism always seemed the answer but im just not following how things are affected, and certain things do not feel more real. Maybe its just me!

EDIT TO ADD MAJOR FLAW!!!

Ive just been asked by a journalist if, and I quote "Is there a chance Costacurta could put pressure on Fletcher and stake a claim for a regular place?". Well imagine my shock as I dont have a player called Costacurta. Even more so when I discover he is an Unemployed Manager from Italy. So no Mr Journo, he will not take Fletchers place.

Well, 4-0 shootouts are impossible, and the ME does not know who is human and who is AI so it is not always your team. You may need to find some new nonsense to make up.

• SI Staff
Why cant I view AI v AI match reports? I'm Man utd and have Arsenal away next fixture, So I go to Arsenals Fixtures and It wont load any match reports. I'm up to 17th of April in game

You should probably report it in the bugs forum and upload your save...........

Im afraid to do team talks at times lol incase i say the wrong thing all be it i feel it was the right thing to say at the time the players tend to disagree :-)

I really dont want to start a new game tomorrow so will all the updates for the full game be save game compat?

Players during team talks are completely bi-polar. It doesn't really matter if you praise them when they perform or you slate them when they suck. They will react badly and probably tank the rest of the match if it's a pre-match or half-time talk.

The team talk system had an attitude towards the player in FM12, but this time it has gone over the edge and is probably scribbling weird death poem's about cats and lawnmowers.

I find my players react ok to my team talks. I'm playing in Blue Square Premier and my previous experience is "sunday league footballer". Occasionally one or two players may not like something i say, but that's it.

I guess in a Premier League club, the players would ignore or react angrily to a completely unknown manager telling them that he expects better in the second half.

Hi,

this is the first time I give my feedback in here.

I played the Beta quite a lot now. I have to say that 2012 was more fun.

The results in this game are simply ridicoulus. I started a game with Dortmund and lost 10 times in row from january and got sacked. I started a game with Bayern, the first game against Stuttagrt we had an own goal of Neuer. Shots like 20 to 3. THe second away in Augsburg was a draw 1:1, another own goal by Neuer. We keep on passing and shooting and every single shot is blocked by the keeper or hits the post...

Then I started another game with my favourite team Hertha in the second german division. They obviously have the best team in the league. I started with a win, then 2 losses and 5! draws in a row. We where better every single game but couldn´t score. I tried different tactics, different players. It did not work!

I have read from other people here who seem to have similar problems. I hope this is a bug and going to be fixed somehow.

Please don´t get me wrong, I don´t want to win every game, but it should be a little more realsistic, otherwise it is simply less fun to play.

Archived