What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I think it would be great if the stadiums were more one of a kind. If you look at soccer stadiums they are all different and seem to have their own personality. But when you play FM most of the stadiums seem to be the same.

So what about adding something that allows you to customize your stadium as it expands or you build a new one?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is something I have been doing recently as part of a save I am currently running and may not be for a majority of players.

I love the historical statistics of the game and was just trying to get some details for one of the challenges I am doing, of players past. Some things i recorded and some i screenshotted but a lot of it was gone and I could not recap their careers, stats, or even their abilities (their attributes).

It would be nice if there were some additional stats that are kept or can be exported such as:

ability to see player career statistics

Total goals (not just League) - The option to filter out by years at a club or under you as their manager

Total Assists (total and league) - The option to filter out by years at a club or under you as their manager

Career avg (not just league) - The option to filter out by years at a club or under you as their manager

in game snap shot of a player in their peak year that is associated with their history when viewing (when PA reaches its highest point)

Ability to see a club top X lists (if too much back end data, then just the clubs you have managed and your time at the club) i.e.:

top 20 appearance makers in league and total

top 20 goal scorers in league and total

assists

cards

PoM

Ability to see a league top X lists (if too much back end data, then just the leagues you have managed and your time in that league) i.e.:

top 20 appearance makers in league, cup, etc

top 20 goal scorers in league, cup, etc

assists

cards

PoM

I currently try to do this in excel or notepad, but it can be difficult to track everyone, i sometimes make mistakes and all it takes is to miss a retirement deadline to have a lot of statistical information just vanish.

For those who do stories, or challenges, some of this stuff is pretty valuable and for people who do long term saves, it is nice to be able to see and remember what has happened and how good a player was in their peak.

Even if it has requirements, such as only keeping stats of players playing over 500 career matches or over 200 league games at one club, etc. These are things I love recording,b ut it is very cumbersome when being done manually.

The loan and B team AI system needs some improvement, especially as it relates to tired players and game day squad selection.

Two examples:

1. I have a young, 17yo top prospect DC who I loaned to Spanish 2nd division squad. He played some int matches and came back tired. I've monitored his game usage and has played roughly 10 matches while remaining "jaded and in need of rest." The worst part- the AI didn't sub him out once! So what is that manager thinking? IRL would you grind a player into a pulp for no reason, even if he's on loan? And the ultimate effect was his determination took a noisedfive as a result. In two months of torturous loan time he dropped from a 17 to 15 in determination. I had to recall him to stop the plummet. As soon as he was back I rested him a few days and all was good.

2. On my La liga B team- which has been promoted to adalente - they do the same thing. I have a perfectly capable backup MC who has seen zero PT in two months, meanwhile the AI manager grinds my top MC to a pulp. Plays him 90mins every game even though he's persistently "jaded and in need of rest." I've noticed that even when the team is up 3-0 and has only used 2 subs - the manager STILL won't sub this guy in. He'll literally only do 2 subs in the game. That is absurd. And the worst part is there is only a half star CA diff between the two guys so it's not like he's useless.

So, my suggestion is either A) fix the AIs use of subs especially when the starter is very tired, or B) give the human manager the loaned player conversation option of "I see my player is very tired could you please give him a few days off"

Clearer team instructions explanation or include them in the online manual. For eg, nobody will actually know work ball into work will also result in a fewer crosses as well without checking the forum.

i would like to see a situation where you take over a club and aren't in charge of transfers by default.you just show the board where you need strengthening like at Newcastle. there is a head of recruitment in charge of transfers and this can't be changed even at the "staff responsibilities" tab.

There is only so much you can add to an already great game without over complicating things! But here are my suggestions

1. Scouting needs as big a overhaul as much Man U need...it does not work for me. I fail to see why I keep getting offered standard players that are well below what my level of Club needs. I want the next messi not the next ryan babel.

2. Either make teamtalks more interesting and more scripts or remove them. Make the reaction from players during talks more realistic.

3. When i send a player out on loan, and he is a wonderkid, and he plays regularly on loan, i see no reason why his potential should drop

4. Can i 'tap' up players! :)

it would also be nice to see players returning for pre-season in varying fitness levels. i.e. professional players who look after themselves well coming in relatively fit while others coming back a bit overweight and have taylor made fitness regimes prepared for them. and just a bit more detail in the training area.

I'm sure this has probably been mentioned before, but I'd quite like to see a slight overhaul to the way AI managers are selected - increasingly we're seeing top clubs choosing popular ex-players to take the totemic position of 'head coach' rather than manager, regardless of whether or not they have the relevant qualifications, in the hope that their status at the club aligned with a knowledgable, experienced sporting director behind them can bring glory. Zidane is at Madrid, Giggs has been heavily linked with United, Arsenal's next manager could be Henry, Bergkamp or Vieira depending on what day of the week it is.

It's quite possible that this has already been looked at and decided against for now - while the papers are always making these links, they don't actually happen that often - but it might be something that's worth looking at.

I know most folks manage big names in top leagues - but to me it's far more fun to pick the little clubs (a couple years back i managed Fleetwood - and this speedy kid named Vardy just lit things up for me).

The biggest problem i have with the game is that, if you're playing as - say - Bolnore - and you get promoted a half dozen times (yes... been there...) you end up with these expectations... you're supposed to win every year. You're supposed to advance in the cups - or win them every year... if you want to be successful as a lower league manager you achieve EXACTLY what's expected of you but no more. Never win more - because then you'll be expected to do it again next year - and when you're coming out of sunday leagues or you're down in tier 7 - moving up a step or 12 is a huge change in the competition level. But somehow you're supposed to win - and the fact that you got your team from the blue square into the prem counts for nothing unless you win.

Ok - maybe that's realistic... maybe in today's world there's a degree of expectation on managers that regardless of what you've done you're baked if you dont keep doing it at the next level. I get it... so what i'd suggest is simply some sort of configuration slider at the very very start of a career - or a long term adjustment to expectations based on where the team was when you started with them - something that adjusts the pressure. I dont want to team hop - i want to bring single teams along over long periods of time. If you start with Portsmouth or Blackpool - and bring them back to the prem - there should be a degree of 'this guy's a legend - leave him alone' even if i dont repeat winning the FA Cup. Until i get a sense there's a way to play the game that way - i'll invariably get a dozen seasons in and get annoyed with the ever increasing pressure and expectations - where the board expects me to win promotion but the sportswriters expect me to be relegated...

I know the game isnt designed for LLMs... hence the idea of the slider - or some sort of long term 'legend' bonus for bringing them up from beyond the pale....

I am not sure if all these suggestions are for show or will they be really worked on by SI? I have been playing FM since like what 20 years ago and yeah the game has changed and improved but it is still highly glitchy. And there are many frustratingly simple things that have to be fixed but not. Things that everyone can see very clearly - AI and visual, stadiums and player movement. Probably the most basic aspects of the game.

I know it is improbable but I think SI should stop producing the game for a season, focus on debugging it and coming up with a really good one rather than churning out the same stuff every year bar a few improvements here and then. It is beginning to look like Apple phones - same **** different day. Doing this will show a real commitment by SI to the fans that they are serious about coming up with a really good game and not just paying lip service.

I am not sure if all these suggestions are for show or will they be really worked on by SI? I have been playing FM since like what 20 years ago and yeah the game has changed and improved but it is still highly glitchy. And there are many frustratingly simple things that have to be fixed but not. Things that everyone can see very clearly - AI and visual, stadiums and player movement. Probably the most basic aspects of the game.

I know it is improbable but I think SI should stop producing the game for a season, focus on debugging it and coming up with a really good one rather than churning out the same stuff every year bar a few improvements here and then. It is beginning to look like Apple phones - same **** different day. Doing this will show a real commitment by SI to the fans that they are serious about coming up with a really good game and not just paying lip service.

You clearly don't understand software development much. I'd imagine that most of the things you problem as "the most basic aspects" or "the frustratingly simple" are not so.

And skip a year? Aye, that makes total business sense. There's a few bugs in the game (and note, there's bugs in EVERY piece of software bar none) so to resolve that we're just going to completely skip a year and make no profits. A AAA game might just get away with that, although it's unlikely, but a niche developer in a niche market cannot. There's also the absolute certainty that taking a year off would lead to them just stretching the development calendar. Instead of 4-6 months of developing, followed by a few months testing (I'm pulling numbers out of the air for an example, not through any knowledge of how SI do it ), they'll just have 8-12 months of developing, followed by the rest of the months testing. If you think otherwise, I can confidently say you're wrong.

I would like the ability to go all Ian Holloway on the media when the AI keeps making ridiculous bids for my players unsettling them. Simply saying "The offer is not good enough" does not adequately reflect the frustration at receiving derisory AI offers. I can't believe the cheek half the time for how much they ask for players and their lack of negotiation to what they offer me for players.

You clearly don't understand software development much. I'd imagine that most of the things you problem as "the most basic aspects" or "the frustratingly simple" are not so.

And skip a year? Aye, that makes total business sense. There's a few bugs in the game (and note, there's bugs in EVERY piece of software bar none) so to resolve that we're just going to completely skip a year and make no profits. A AAA game might just get away with that, although it's unlikely, but a niche developer in a niche market cannot. There's also the absolute certainty that taking a year off would lead to them just stretching the development calendar. Instead of 4-6 months of developing, followed by a few months testing (I'm pulling numbers out of the air for an example, not through any knowledge of how SI do it ), they'll just have 8-12 months of developing, followed by the rest of the months testing. If you think otherwise, I can confidently say you're wrong.

I do not know software development at all but I fully understand that it is always a lot more tedious and technical than it seems, taking hours and weeks involving testing and all. but the visual and AI of the game are the two most important factors of the game that should be addressed and be as least buggy as possible. i can understand other glitches in other parts of the game but not the most important elements, to me at least.

The skip a year thing is not viable, which I know when I said "improbable". it is just a point that i bring across to illustrate that more can be done to make the game less buggy (note: lesser, not no bugs). no point adding layers upon layers on the game without resolving existing major game play issues.

I would love to see a better National team set up something along the lines of the club set up like Head of Youth Development and a Natonal Boradroom so you can request money to be put into grassroots, etc .

Currently I can't have my National training before games would love to see that sorted.

Currently I can't have B international for some reason

up-to-date realism.

Frequent player updates with his attributes, future plans, morales, injuries........

Because we might want to open a new game..

Few requests to be added to the next game:

-Reduce the amount of fixed actions to score a goal.

This time we have:

the ball from the wingers that ends on the far post 100% score

short passing corners that enables sick rebounds between defenders 100% score

long passing throw in that enables sick reactions from defenders, unable to take the ball, and leave it to unmarked player 100% score

- Increase the value of a good tactic instead of single player evaluation

- Allow, in online games, to play the matches asynchronously. Running a 50 player online tournament i have to set workarounds to have them all playing in different days

- Balance the field factor, as it is now provides a huge advantage for home team. With more or less 300 games played in an online season, roughly 70% of the game are won by home team

- Increase the feedback from the players to team/individual orders in the tactic as it looks like they've been lost during matches

- Increase the amount of passes to an unmarked player from the goal line or inside the goal area

Thank you for your effort so far

Has anyone mentioned the absolute need to be able to filter out retiring players from the player search yet? Make it happen, SI, it's a no brainer.

Other than that, my suggestions are:

-Take the squad on an international break holiday to eg. Dubai or somewhere.

-Please for God's sake bring back the old tactic screen, the new one looks awful

...and that's all I can think of at the moment.

Europa League/Champions League or other confederations Inter-League competition, there should be a option to have league matches moved due to like the Europa League as it stands if a club for Northern Ireland (Due to no football on a Sunday Rule) if they where lucky enough to get to the group stages they would have 2 or 3 games per week depending on domestic cups.

the youth set up could be doing with a bit of a revamp, like clubs being able to set a youth development squad to the likes of the Foyle Cup, Super Cup NI (formerly the N.I Milk Cup), Barcelona Football Festival and other international youth football tournament for between U16-U20

Realistic Player Management

I think FM could be much more realistic in the way players are actually managed. There's often so many controversial events within football each season, the Benzema-Valbuena issues and high profile stars being named for tax evasion scandals. I think these could be implemented into FM based on a players personality. Players who are good natured will find themselves in less trouble than maybe those with low a teamwork rating or negative personality status. This would add balance to the feature and help to avoid the game create a controversial event between two players known for their good relationship in real life.

Customisation

I know there are many skins for FM which include new season kits but there really could be room for some kind of in-game editor which allows for new kits to be created each season. It could have some kind of fan feedback so you could hold focus groups to get a general idea whether the fans will like it or not. For example, if on a Manchester United save I created a blue home kit, then the fans should be angry and the shirt sales and therefore income should drop largely that season. This would allow the player to create new, modern kits but still have to conform to some basic kit rules. Sponsorship could then become a real part of the game and you could choose new sponsors and have their logo appear on the kits. This is a feature I personally am not too keen on because real world sponsors would not be used due to licensing so it may look unnatural to have a made-up sponsor or kit manufacturer on Barca's new home shirt. There could however be ways around this.

There could be a similar situation for the stadium. I know you can ask the board to expand the stadium but currently you have no input on how it is expanded/upgraded. You could have an editor which allows you to choose which stands to add more seats to, how much to spend upgrading floodlights, the pitch surface, how many advertising boards to add, where the directors box should be and how much should be spent on making it luxurious. You could even go further in-depth with this and be able to improve medical facilities or the youth pitch. Along the lines of that, you could build and upgrade a whole stadium for your youth team if your club have the required funds. I know many players will say that this is Football MANAGER, not Football CHAIRMAN or OWNER but it is still a video game, and who doesn't want to turn Millwall's 'The Den' into a 60,000-seater fortress with all the new facilities ready to take on the Prem.

I'd like to see a return to the match speed slider being located next to the play buttons.

If anyone can think of a single reason this was buried in a menu I'd really love to hear it.

Screen space & it's hardly buried as you only have to open the highlights menu which is easily accessible.

Realistic Player Management

I think FM could be much more realistic in the way players are actually managed. There's often so many controversial events within football each season, the Benzema-Valbuena issues and high profile stars being named for tax evasion scandals. I think these could be implemented into FM based on a players personality. Players who are good natured will find themselves in less trouble than maybe those with low a teamwork rating or negative personality status. This would add balance to the feature and help to avoid the game create a controversial event between two players known for their good relationship in real life.

Legal considerations prevent these type of events from being in FM, there have been past instances of legal action taken due to the depiction of real life individuals & in-game events that their virtual version have been attached to.

Generated players can get into trouble of the field & once you get to the stage where the real life players/staff have retried you do see more off-field controversy.

Screen space & it's hardly buried as you only have to open the highlights menu which is easily accessible.

Screen space??? There is a huge grey expanse that it could fit into.

It is buried, as it is sat in a menu drop down that adds a layer of navigation where none needs to exist.

Maybe next time take the time to look at the element in question making ill-informed, unconstructive comments?

Our definitions of what constitutes a buried UI element is obviously different, one click is not buried.

As for the expanse of space that will not exist on smaller screens, 13 or 14" displays probably do not have the space & SI do need to cater for different devices which is why the current menu is a method that works for all users not just a selection of users.

Yes.

You asked for a reason why the slider is under a menu & now you moan when I provide you with that reason. If you're looking for an argument then I suggest you head off to another forum because it's not going to happen here, you've had an answer to your question & you've posted your request for a slider in the main menu bar.

This isn't as much a 'new feature' as much as an improvement to what's currently in place, but I'd like manager reps to grow more dynamically, and be less reflective of trophy wins as they currently are. For example, if you win an unexpected promotion, or are the overachiever of the league, this will be recognised in game, but if you take over mid-season and rescue a team from a certain relegation this should be equally recognised in the media and in your reputation. As a real-life example the job Neil Warnock did with Rotherham recently is just as appreciated by Rotherham as a title win. Warren Joyce is recognised in the game database as a legend at Hull for rescuing the side from being nine points adrift in December, but if this was replicated in FM it wouldn't get so much recognition. IRL some managers specialise in troubleshooting, surviving relegation year upon year etc (Pulis and Allardyce are high profile examples of this), but at the minute it feels very much like surviving relegation battles goes unrewarded.

4 things from me now I have had a careful think.

1. I would love the ability to have pre set profiles of people you could take over. So instead of going as me, I could go as David Beckham or Steven Gerrard and simulate their careers in management. Maybe even take over as an unemployed Mourinho, or actually control Ranieri and see what I can do with Leicester.....

2. I would love an option to turn off the attributes, especially in network games. Yes I know you can edit the skin, or use the graph instead, but people will always sneak a peek. Would make it more realistic to have to rely on scout and coach reports, and performances only.

3. The obvious improvement needs in the match engine. For me, some things that are in real football and not included, such as chipping the goalie when 1-on-1.

4. I would love to see a stadium editor included. I know SI cant realistically depict stadia due to licencing, so include an editor and let the community do it for you, much like we do for skins, face packs, logos etc.

Thanks.

I would personally love to see a "football chairman" mode, where you can choose what managers you decide to buy etc. based on their reputation, style of play etc. and reply to manager request like requests for more funds, by setting the budget and whether or not to increase stadium capacity etc. you could even sell the your club to potential future owners and use that money to takeover other clubs.

I feel like a lot could be done with this game mode, and it would add a lot to the Football Manager series, does anyone else agree? :)

Inspired by this mornings 'Paper Talk' around Brendan Rodgers considering offering Steven Gerrard a Player/Assistant Manager role with Celtic, I think it would be good to implement this into the game.

So, if one of your players (particularly a player who you are his 'favoured personnel') plans to become a manager/assistant manager after retirement, you could offer them a job with your club to bridge the gap between their playing and management career. However, the wages would need to be more realistic - So many times on this seasons game I tried to sign a soon-to-be retired Lionel Messi a job as a coach, and he wanted £350,000 per week (to be a coach!).

Well i registered to forum just to write this (actually found the forum while looking for a thread like this).

A. Enhanced Player Talk:

1.Lowering Wages

In football manager we have just very little things to say to players. Well i am from Turkey, and here we have some clubs with bad financial situations. I wish we were able to ask the player to lower his wage. For an example i most of my time rule Fenerbache. Even the club doesn't go down, it is in debt over 200 million euros. Team has some cool players like Nani and Robin van Persie but their wage is too high for me. Maybe the money we give them isn't too big when you compare it to English Clubs etc. but i simply don't want to lose any more money. So i have to sell Robin van Persie and Nani. When i try to sell them they don't want to go. If we were able to ask them to lower their wage probably if they wouldn't agree they would want to leave the club and i wouldn't have to fight with one of the superstars of the club. :(

2.Less Arrogant and More Logical Players

In real life we have only one Zlatan but in football manager there are thousands of Zlatans. I can understand a decent player's wish to become a starter in the team but a striker with 9 finishing can't get mad at me because i didn't put him in Champions League squad. :thdn: If you won 2 of 2 domestic cups in your first season. Players at least youngsters should respect you more.

3.Wanting a Player to Leave

I wish that there was a chance to do that. In my first year at Fenerbahçe i transferred Bryan Ruiz from Sporting Lizbon. Well he was good in league but he was bad in Champions League and there was a younger player i had in my team. So i wanted to sell him at the end of the season. But he didn't want to leave. I wish that i was able to tell him that i am not going to start with him. He was not going to be even in the squad. He waited for one more season. Then his contract ended.

4. Consulting to Players about transfers

I let one of my players to go Milan. The player wasn't even in my first 18. But after he got transferred other players got mad at me. I think this should be only for really good players. I mean even after i let Robin Van Persie go the others didn't care. Why would they go crazy for a rotation player instead Persie? That should be arranged better.

I wish we were able to ask a player if he has any advices for the team or any problem if we have let go a player. With this we wouldn't have to struggle with unhappiness after letting a player go.

B.More Logical Transfers and Respect To Success by Players

In my first year at Fenerbahçe (waited until almost the end of season then added a manager as me,so this is the second year of game) we weren't even in the Champions League groups. We played playoffs, i eliminated Chelsea. Then we finished first above PSG in the group stage without any loss. Got Olympiakos next round. Easy win. Got Milan at Quarter Finals. Lost 3-1 in Milano turned the round with my tactical intelligent :D in Istanbul with 3-0! Unluckily got Barcelona at Semi Finals and they won both matches with 1-0's. And i got the league tittle and the domestic cup. But my crazy player wanted to leave the club when Sampdoria made him an offer! :mad: :mad: :thdn: :thdn:

Players should want to be where success is. After qualifying Semi-Finals in Champions League, a player should want to stay in that club. I do not underestimate Sampdoria. I don't really know the club but like the club because of Cassano :D. But they weren't in Champions League level in my save. I can understand a players wanting to go Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munih, Juventus but how can a player want to go a club that isn't regularly in CL... :thdn: :thdn: And yelling at me like i am nothing to leave the club WTF, for sampdoria, really? :mad: :mad:

C. Better Paying Debts and Donating

Fenerbahçe has lots of debts. I try to minimize my expenditures to reduce it. But even we have fresh money the president of the club doesn't pay the debts with the fresh money i had. He pays small amounts of money each month instead. I wish we were able to tell them that we will not use the money in our Transfer budget. It would have been great. In two transfer windows my debt would be gone. I also wish that we could donate the wage we have to the club. Of course not all of it. %70 of it sounds good for an example and the rest is for our own expenditures. At least that money would be something useful.

That's it for now. I will write as soon as i get another idea.

LOTS OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

Alright, first I want to take the time to both congratulate and thank SI on the work they've done with the Football Manager series. Well done!

Now I realize it might be a little late to be submitting a wish list for the next iteration of FM but still I'll love if you guys took out the time to look into some if not all of my requests. All I ask is a "little" tweak here and there to make the sim/game a lot better.

OK, so I find that passes in the match engine needs a lot of work. Passes are too inaccurate and the number of passes attempted are small compared to real life. In other words, if I decide to play a "much higher tempo" short passing play, I need to see an increase in the number of passes attempted for the duration of ninety minutes especially since I play with the counter and defensive mentalities. The number of sideways and backward passes right now just isn't enough. If my team has possession and the opposing team plays a high line, I expect my team to pass it back and continue the buildup in deeper areas instead of attempting low percentage passes time and time again and handing over possession to the opposition.

Still on passes, I appreciate the fact that the through ball system was cranked up in order to expose teams that play an aggressive defensive line. That's all well and good but the problem is that most of these passes are floated in the air. What do I mean? If my advanced playmaker for example picks up the ball in the center of the pitch he instinctively plays a high ball searching for the run of either one of my wingers. This normally is a great idea but the problem is that for this to work, it requires that the opposing fullback misjudges the flight of the ball which only ever happens rarely leading to a lot of incomplete passes from my advanced playmaker (a new "Drill Passes" TI to keep passes on ground maybe?). This also happens a lot for players with the "tries killer balls often" ppm which brings me to my next suggestion.

The Match Engine is Too Direct:

Yes, you read that right. This is what I mean; a lot of the player actions that are described to occur often, occur TOOOOO OOOOOFTEN. Take for example the More Risky Passes PI. Players assigned this instruction more than end up wasting possession. Also players instructed to run with the ball, don't bother doing anything else. All I'm saying is, the "permutation" that something occurs often in the match engine needs work. Only one look at the real life counterparts of these players and you'll discover an inherent desire to overdo things in FM. Just look at Daniel Alves, does he run with the ball in real life as much as he does in FM?

So how about we scrap the "often" entirely? "Sometimes" becomes the "new often" and the "new sometimes" sits midway between the "old sometimes"("new often") and "rarely".

My head hurts ?

Scrap the Retain Possession TI

If the match engine is reset as explained above, I believe we wouldn't need this TI. I've always tried my best to avoid this TI when setting up my tactics as it goes against the type of game I want to play, because it reduces the tempo and also reduces the amount of killer balls attempted. But it is so difficult to ignore because short passing, high tempo and a cautious mentality is somehow not good enough for your players to retain the ball. Retain possession is a negative TI, scrap it or improve pass accuracy or both.

Option to Select Primary Playmaker:

I want my deep lying playmaker making most of my passes and dictating most of the play. Unfortunately my advanced playmaker is stealing the show. This has to be resolved. Add the option of selecting a primary playmaker or enable play to dictated more from deep areas.

Player Role Modifications

Ballplaying Defender = Playmaker

Make the ballplaying defender a playmaker role. Let him receive more passes from teammates especially goal keeper and let him dictate play.

The ballplaying defender should also dribble more. I want him to take the ball out of the defence and into deep midfield.

He should also try risky passes more than he currently does. Especially to the opposite flank in order to exploit a high defensive line.

False Nine = Drop Even Deeper

Enabe the false nine to drop deep into midfield and dictate play from there

More Realistic AI Managers

AI managers should try to replicate their real life counterparts. I don't expect Mourinho to activate the Retain Possession TI and play out of the back. In other words an AI manager with a direct playing style should keep it direct. An AI manager with a mixed playing style should keep it that way and those with a passing play style should keep it simple. I also don't expect to see a low technical team employing the Retain Possession shout as way of winding down the clock in fact the Retain possession shout should only be used by managers whose playing styles are extremely indirect. E.g Guardiola.

Players' Meeting While a Manager is on Holiday:

I get this a lot. A player wants to meet with you while you are on holidays and becomes unhappy because you can't attend to him. In some extreme cases the whole team is unhappy because of your treatment of the player. This is not right as a player can pick up the phone and dial his manager even when he is on holiday in real life. Here are my suggestions:

- Make the player wait and then bring up his case to the manager when he returns from holiday

- Allow the manager to hand over the responsibility of handling player happiness issues to the assistant manager while he is away on holiday. OR/AND

- Stop the holiday sim and force the manager to deal with the issue.

Other Tactical Issues:

Closing Down needs work to make it more effective. Also "prevent short gk distribution" needs to work as it does in real life.

In-game Manual?

Team/Player Instructions need more detailed description as to what each does. I want to be told that "look for overlap" reduces forward runs from my wingers in-game and not in forums. Or that "Exploit the middle" increases risky passes from center backs and increases forward runs from central midfielders. These should be detailed in the game.

FM 17 will be the ninth iteration of FM I'll buy (I started with FM08) and as such I'm hoping the game will be huge leap from FM16 in terms of matchday experience. I also hope that my suggestions above will help take the game to the next level.

On a lighter note: Why not match and replace "Game" with "Sim" in FM17 and observe it's effect ?

Thanks for reading!

Sorry if it has been mentioned.

It's one I've been thinking should take a bigger seat within the game, despite it's possible controversy.. It's to do with owners and no it's not the 'become an owner/chairman.'

I'd like to see more of a 'fan confidence' with regards to the ownership or the running of the club. The fans possibly wanting to see their owner out, could put pressure on players wanting to join or wanting to leave. On the positive side it could see you win over the fans, despite best efforts from up top. Enhance your reputation.

As well as that, I'd like to see meddling Chairmen asking you to play certain players or buying players for you. Or even seeing a club go through a list of managers in short succession. Examples of this are becoming to common, with the likes of Leeds/Forest to name two. We have Tycoons who will give you the money to spend but we don't have enough of the tycoons or owners who bring the negativity.

Also, is there a reason as to why we are unable to see board members profiles in the game?

Young player news stories

We have all seen stories in the gossip columns and on social media about young players who have scored a high number of goals, or who are being linked to a move to a bigger club. These stories should be replicated in the game, including replays of wonder goals that they have scored – as we see on Facebook every day.

The youth aspect of FM is still under-utilised, and it would be great to see this expanded by bringing these players to the fore.

Youth/schools trials

The best way for clubs to secure young talent in real life is to host schools events, where potential talent is assessed and recognised early.

A system that pays attention to catchment areas aand the increasingly early identification of young talent would help you find the nation’s next superstar and nurture their talent, before the competition beat you to it.

Technically this only needs to be an addition to the 'host trial day' function, where you could select their age limit.

U21/U18 manager

Many coaches and managers have made their name by leading youth teams to glory while honing their own skills.

It is about time that we were able to apply for jobs as the U21 or U18 manager of a team, working under the main manager to develop young players, help identify talented targets who can be honed for the future, and building our own reputation as we go.

This would add longevity to the game – will you stick around, hoping that the first team manager will leave (or be fired) so that you can get your chance at glory; will you leave your beloved club to forge your own fortunes; or will you leave an over-performing league club for the chance to work with the future superstars currently occupying the reserve team of a team in the highest league?

Creating a fanfare

Speculation about player and manager transfers run on for weeks and are subject to intense media scrutiny. While updates in recent years have made a nod towards this, they haven’t gone nearly far enough in adding an immersive realism.

I propose the following:

• When we create a manager, we fill out their past experience. We should be able to pick the position that we played in, and who we played for, and when we played for them – the rest can still be randomised. This way, the game can generate more in-depth appointment stories (e.g. “Joe Bloggs has been appointed as West Ham manager. The former Hammers defender, who made 143 appearances for the club, takes the position after retiring from professional football last year. He spent his last season with Exeter City, scoring 2 goals…”

• Players should speak out more often about a move that they want, and their reasons for the move (e.g. has their current manager upset them, is the new club the one that they supported as a kid, are they frustrated with a lack of appearances at their current club, do they hate a player at their current club – offering the potential to create rivalries)

Talking to players

While the game has added the function to speak to players before making them a contract offer, anyone who has played with a team outside the top league will know that this is all but pointless.

Agents and assistants should inform you of any issues that a player might have about moving to your club – as well as how these could be overcome (e.g. “Wayne Rooney isn’t sure about living in Truro – answer, you discuss with him/buy him a house/allow him to live elsewhere, but with a restricted training routine).

Also, if you have secured a warchest for a lower league club, you should be able to tell older players that you can give them one last big pay day.

This would stop the conversations just running into the usual “I’m not interested in your club” brick wall.

Sorry if it has been mentioned.

It's one I've been thinking should take a bigger seat within the game, despite it's possible controversy.. It's to do with owners and no it's not the 'become an owner/chairman.'

I'd like to see more of a 'fan confidence' with regards to the ownership or the running of the club. The fans possibly wanting to see their owner out, could put pressure on players wanting to join or wanting to leave. On the positive side it could see you win over the fans, despite best efforts from up top. Enhance your reputation.

As well as that, I'd like to see meddling Chairmen asking you to play certain players or buying players for you. Or even seeing a club go through a list of managers in short succession. Examples of this are becoming to common, with the likes of Leeds/Forest to name two. We have Tycoons who will give you the money to spend but we don't have enough of the tycoons or owners who bring the negativity.

Also, is there a reason as to why we are unable to see board members profiles in the game?

I wouldn't mind seeing board member profiles, especially after a takeover of change of president.

- Directly making/receiving phone calls to known players/staff (I would like to call my old players to ask his opinion about join my club or personnel information about someone else from his new squad etc.)

- Manager behave during match (I would like to manage position of manager during match, sit on bench, stand near the pitch, protest to referee and after may be sent off to stands by referee etc)

- Changing Rooms (I would like to go changing room before start-up and half time. From point of view, we can see the players there, we can choose emotions, advices and players can give reaction etc.. More graphics)

- Stadium improvement (As optional, I would like to be involved during choosing style of new stadium and we can follow construction period by detailed graphics)

Increasing Potential of Players

In real life some player just develop their abilities more than their potential. Like Simeone did to Atletico players. But in the game no matter how well the player plays it's abilities and potential just doesn't change. I yhink a players potential might increase at least slightly after playing very well for a long time. In the game i like playing with small teams. First year i got Deportivo and i won the league title. That was an amazing season but since the players' abilities didn't change too much i had to build a new squad. In real life, for an example Leicester City, doesn't want to build a new squad. Because last year their players' abilities has increased very well. I think this would make game much more realistic.

Archived