What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Not-Sure.jpg

But if you are actually serious, then in a sporting world where people who are openly gay usually wait until after their career is over to come out, then no, I don't think this will ever make it into a game.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Favoured Personnel, Icons and Legends for Competitions, and Favoured, Iconic, and Legendary XIs for competitions.

Leicester's league win has shown a bit of a gap in the current records system, imo. It would be nice if Leicester City 15/16 were listed as a legendary Premiership team, alongside The Invincibles Arsenal team. With viewable squad lists for that time.

Sir Alex Ferguson, for example, would be a Premiership Legend.

It would be nice to add context to my time in a league in this way, and it would also be nice to leave my mark either with a team regarded as a legendary one, or as a Legendary figure myself in that league.

I like the idea of listing "Iconic" teams throughout the save as you have mentioned, for various leagues and tournaments. Teams that win against the odds, or come from say 2 goals down in a final. Specific criteria would be fine to determine what teams would qualify for the list.

To have individual managers or players as Iconic for a league, other than reaching certain milestones such as a total number of games or goals, may be tough with the current news and immersivness of the game world. My opinion is that we would need to further the characters of the game. Players appearing in the news for on / off field related appearances, fan favourites or charismatic moments, perhaps after match interviews with players, etc to build a rapport with media. This would allow those who may not otherwise be remember historically in the game, to be a league icon.

An example could be an Eric Cantona or Zola like player, who came in for 6-7 years but won the fans with their on and off field exploits rather than appearance or goal scoring stats.

i kind of agree that the players wives/girlfriends (or husbands/boyfriends) or children could play a factor - Mrs Messi not wanting to move to Manchester, Mrs Guardiola being taken with London etc. but this would require a LOT of data to be added in game and while it may add to realism i suppose, is it really worth it?

i kind of agree that the players wives/girlfriends (or husbands/boyfriends) or children could play a factor - Mrs Messi not wanting to move to Manchester, Mrs Guardiola being taken with London etc. but this would require a LOT of data to be added in game and while it may add to realism i suppose, is it really worth it?

Aye, good luck with including children when you can't even include Under 16 players...

Your bolded part is right, it isn't really worth it. File this under Football Manager: The Sims Edition

What if they broke up and demanded one be transferred....

Could end up in some epic derbies,

Man Utd, led by their flamboyant attacking midfielder Juan Mata take on Man City featuring ex-lover Ander Herrera in the most intense of all Manchester Derbies.

STAR CROSSED LOVERS!

In Manchester, love means war!

Man, Sky could only dream of this.

- If a player gets injured on national duty and is away for a long time, shouldn't the FA pay some compensation to the club he plays for?

- Some more detailed media coverage about leagues and international tournaments. Also I want Iceland to have higher youth rating.

- Agent talks to club on behalf of manager if manager is free agent

Player interactions to be expanded to players on a national team. I have this guy who thought he should have been named captain, has low morale; he's at very poor, when all but two other players are at or below okay on the team. I'd like to be able to talk to him about it, help him to understand why I chose another player, tell him I can make him captain next time round if possible, etc.

Forgive me if already been suggested but not reading through 67 pages lol. One Feature that I would really like to have is an ability to highlight an individual player for the entire match. Presently you can see players names above their head,, but only when they are involved with play.

I would like to be able to select a feature where I can track and follow a specific player so I can see his positioning etc throughout the match. Perhaps by highlighting the player or putting a circle around him or something.

It would also be good of you could do it to an opposition player so you could keep an eye on specific danger man , how he is getting marked or picked up by your players,, and would be useful if you have a player you might be interested in buying off one of your opponents

Forgive me if already been suggested but not reading through 67 pages lol. One Feature that I would really like to have is an ability to highlight an individual player for the entire match. Presently you can see players names above their head,, but only when they are involved with play.

I would like to be able to select a feature where I can track and follow a specific player so I can see his positioning etc throughout the match. Perhaps by highlighting the player or putting a circle around him or something.

It would also be good of you could do it to an opposition player so you could keep an eye on specific danger man , how he is getting marked or picked up by your players,, and would be useful if you have a player you might be interested in buying off one of your opponents

You can already click on a player to highlight his name. Are you aware that you can do that?

You can select more than one player by holding CTRL down while clicking.

You can already click on a player to highlight his name. Are you aware that you can do that?

can you do that in game went I'm watching players play for their club

The thing that is missing from football manager 2016 and what many want to see for Football Manager 2017 is the ability to design football strips. Personally my supported team Sunderland play in green and its never been green in their history. Give fans a change to pick the colours they want !!! PLEASE

Thanks

Icemagic

> After being relegated it'd be great to have the option to agree to loan a player to a club in the league above / a bigger club rather than lose them permanently. Currently they either agree to stay or you have to agree to sell them.

> If you have a player with a relegation release clause and they want to leave I want to be able to say I will let them go if the clause is activated (that being an acceptable value)

> In all instances where a player wants to leave I think there should be the final instance where you state you will let them go if an acceptable bid is received BUT you absolutely won't offer them around - that's what their agent is for!

> After you reject a bid and agree to let them talk if a more suitable bid is received and a subsequent poor offer comes in which further upsets them you should be able to state that the offer was still too low. Perhaps find some common ground on what "acceptable means" That way even if they don't agree with your valuation they know what you will/won't accept i.e it needs to be closer to 20m for example (when clubs are offering about 6 for a player allegedly worth 12 and to you are worth more!)

The thing that is missing from football manager 2016 and what many want to see for Football Manager 2017 is the ability to design football strips. Personally my supported team Sunderland play in green and its never been green in their history. Give fans a change to pick the colours they want !!! PLEASE

Thanks

Icemagic

You can do that in the editor, in game or pregame.

I'll give my ideas too before I say about other ones

- Include Reserve and Youth national titles and prizes (top scorer, clean sheet, assist, MOTMs) in the Career Milestones.

- a comparison for loaned player when they leave the club and when they back (or what the moment you do the comparison). With that you can note if the player is really improving or not.

- The AI teams should fight for better staff team, it's sad you find a team with good facilities but with awful staffs for your players be loaned.

- I think the options for praising/critizing the player shouldn't be limited, after each match all the options like talking about the form, last match, discipline and other options should be there to be used.

===================================================================================

My reply was to provide more information on the current situation as requested,

I actually proposed a suggestion for more data points to be included that would allow the user greater flexibility to change generic info to match real life while hopefully still allowing SI to work within the various laws of each territory FM is sold in, not sure if the idea will see the light of day as only SI staff know what's in the pipeline & I left before it progressed beyond my idea stage. I'm not even sure if it would be legally feasible as annoying existing rights holders by providing users with the tools to create unlicensed mods is a problem because it could see SI being shunned when that or other licences come up for grabs or in territories that have more protective laws actually being legally liable to provide compensation to the rights holder(s) above & beyond what they make from each sale in that territory, it's a minefield.

But was good you give info about this part, Barside, thx. Maybe a stadium editor with limitations to not possible have an 100% looked like a real, but with laws have to be careful. I haven't seen any kind of problem with stadium reproductions in other more complex games graphically, like FIFA or PES, where I saw an authentic Maracanã with the Athletic track and all the stuff. And I think hard the companies or other right owner don't have knowledge about this.

Not sure if these options have been suggested.

Loan Changes

A way to mass remove/add players to the loan list. This came about after the usual finishing of a season and then being bombarded with loan offers for players, I'm not sure if there is an option already for this... if so, please share. if not... a simple option to select all players, and chose remove from loan list.

Football Manger Online, Like really ONLINE

I would like an option for SI to HOST a football manger database, that users (clients) can connect to with their friends and or random users and play as if it was installed on their PC. This hosted solution could be charged depending on database size i.e. you pay £5 a month for a LARGE database, with FULL Graphic settings, £1 for small database with no graphics.

Another option is once again SI to host a FM database, but users access FM through your browser. I believe there is/was a game simlar to this called 'Soccer Manager' . It would work by everybody having 1 or 2 matches a week, and days inbetween games would could be used to make transfers, do training etc. This would go on a day by day basis. I realise that this is a much slower way of playing Football Manger, but it is the easiest option to allow a large number of players to play! I would recommend a subscription service for this such as £5 a month with SI hosting UK Servers, EU Servers etc.

I'm in work at the moment, I may tidy this up/go into detail when I get a futher chance.

I just believe more people can have access to FM if it is rolled out a different way. The main issue I get when talking to people resolves around the graphics and how they still use the old circles moving around the screen option as their PC/laptop can not run!

I think a loan list good and if the DOF could help to search teams to loan for any player not only young ones.

A FM webversion? Like Managerzone or Hattrick? Well, i dunno if would be necessary, but can be way of SI earn money too, but as I said before, i dunno if is necessary.

How about fictional sponsor names/logos to give the experience a bit more realism. Over time sponsors naturally come and go. Not just for leagues and cups but also within clubs. Shirt & Ground sponsors. Even additional 'minor' club sponsors. It could lead to matching sponsor boards on the ground and/or around the pitch.

You could maybe have the option to turn this feature on or off at the start.

@Barside, and about fictional sponsor names, at least? Still could have any "hole" for legal issues about it?

Favoured Personnel, Icons and Legends for Competitions, and Favoured, Iconic, and Legendary XIs for competitions.

Leicester's league win has shown a bit of a gap in the current records system, imo. It would be nice if Leicester City 15/16 were listed as a legendary Premiership team, alongside The Invincibles Arsenal team. With viewable squad lists for that time.

Sir Alex Ferguson, for example, would be a Premiership Legend.

It would be nice to add context to my time in a league in this way, and it would also be nice to leave my mark either with a team regarded as a legendary one, or as a Legendary figure myself in that league.

Amazing idea, to me like brazilian would great I go to the Brasileirão profile and see something talking about Flamengo's 81, Santos's 2002/2003, Cruzeiro's 2003, Corinthians 2012 and players like Romario, Pelé, Rogério Ceni, Muricy Ramalho (coach), Telê Santana (Coach), Wanderley Luxemburgo (coach, with a short time in Real Madrid lol). A cool feature.

What do you say about to do usefull the notepad like agenda at the right action bar!?

Like http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/Screenshots/fm10_screen16_656x369.jpg?cb=1315963719 ?

I think this would add an extra dimension to an already excellent game. Currently when you negotiate buying and selling players you have to consider the effects it will have on the board and the fans, but imagine if you also had to consider how it will effect their significant other.

Imagine your two strikers get together one season and you decide to sell one. The partner will warn you they'll purposely never score goals if you sell their lover to another club. It would be absolute madness.

You might also have to hire staff that can help with relationships. Maybe there could be an extra attribute for staff that are good at couples counseling. Then maybe they could have a tiff and stop talking to each other or something.

Even better if you could get a player to agree to a lower wage if you agree to recruit their partner.

My apologies if this is already in the game and I haven't seen it yet.

FIFAM had something like this, but for own bought player, the (dis)advantages for he join to the club. In FM I see the fans cannot like him because came from a rival team, or how much for marketing the team can earn with the player, for example.

Hahaha, it's just make a random options, no need creates different profiles to each wife/children/parents/relatives

Player interactions to be expanded to players on a national team. I have this guy who thought he should have been named captain, has low morale; he's at very poor, when all but two other players are at or below okay on the team. I'd like to be able to talk to him about it, help him to understand why I chose another player, tell him I can make him captain next time round if possible, etc.

+10000 A MUST BE! As International manager there is no much to do and this is sad. I would like to boost the player moral, create relations and mainly training, like in club.

I have been for years not knowing about that, and it will be very useful to me. Thanks, eternal thanks haha.

They should make a field hockey manager as there are no field hockey manager games available.

And what other fiedl hockey mangers are there?

I tried this today and cant work out how to do it :lol:

I think it just because I am thick lol

While watching the little pixelated players running around after a small, round white pixelated ball, you just simply click on the player you want to highlight. His name will pop up and it'll stay there unless you click somewhere else on the pitch to "clear" the selection.

I generally have only one wish for Football Manager. And that is a more dynamic and "alive" footballing World.

I think it would really add to the immersion of the game if tournaments could alter slightly over the course of the game. It should not be "dynamic" in a programming sense - it should be a number of prepared, well-balanced and tested scenarios for each (or some) competition - and the organizational changes should come as part of a narrative. Some examples:

- The major European Leagues are capped to 16 or 18 teams to increase competitiveness or to combat fixture congestion. This makes for stronger 2nd Leagues and possibly makes the player adapt to a different scenario.

- The major European Leagues are expanded to 22 or 24 teams and the CL re-introduces the 2nd Group phase. This creates an even larger calendar and the top teams must adapt to this.

- The World Cup is altered to take place every summer and the Continental competitions are scrapped.

- Introduction or adjustment of Winter breaks depending on the League. If the Danish or Swedish League slowly developed to provide more sides for the latter stages of CL/EL, the FA's would surely adapt the Winter breaks to ease fixture congestion in march/april and allow the Clubs to prepare better for february/march European matches.

The idea is to only have a limited list of alterations so SI has a chance of preparing, balancing and programming them properly. It would be an amazing feature that would immerse the player and force him to adapt to new scenarios and settings.

I was thinking about this a decent amount over the weekend, I'd love to see an exhibition mode, with full tactical fluidity, similar to FM Touch. This would allow the users to trial their tactics in a safe environment, and see if any outstanding issues stand out.

I am not playing this game for too long but i really miss option to set that someone from stuff will be manager for second team or u-18 but i will select squad for it(so i don't need to play a games). Also im really missing more options to quick squad rules(like condition for example !).

Also there should be imho option to select players that should be always selected to team.

I was thinking about this a decent amount over the weekend, I'd love to see an exhibition mode, with full tactical fluidity, similar to FM Touch. This would allow the users to trial their tactics in a safe environment, and see if any outstanding issues stand out.

I think this could become part of the training options. Have a trial match against the reserves or U21's in a "game mode" environment, where you can run your tactics, substitutions, etc. Its essentially a friendly game, but with the ability to alter the team at your leisure over the course of the 90 minutes, or 45 minutes (whatever option you select in training). You could then have grounds to say to someone "you are jaded and need a rest, or you will start because you suit this tactic, etc).

Again, being part of training, means this detail will suit those who like that granularity, but will not impact or change the experience for those that do not want to do this. It would just fall under the coaching responsibilities.

You can already do that by arranging a friendly against your reserve team, adding in an option for rolling subs in the arrange friendly setup options could be a useful addition but getting the AI managers to benefit from could be tricky & might prove to be a stumbling block.

Apologies is this has already been mentioned - but I'd like to see an option where I can tout a player for international selection. So if he is playing well, I can come out in the media and say he should be getting a shot in the international setup - thereby increasing his respect for me, and possibly adding some value to him as well.

The media already does that, if you have a player doing well enough & they have a growing or already high reputation you will be asked about their inclusion/exclusion from international squads.

I've been making a list since October so apologies if any of this has been covered already.

3D Matches.....

Goal and player landmarks added to the goal scorer info bar after a goal. Such as "50th Goal for Everton", "100th league goal". Along with the commentary.

Like with Assistant comments in-match. Have a cross in a speech bubble so you can also get a physio analysis, just like real physios do when they sit next to the manager in the dug-out.

Longer fade out of 3D screen at the end of cup finals. The bunting comes down and then it's rather a sudden jolt away to post match teamtalk. Let's savour that defeat/win for a bit longer.

Player beards.

Option to see if it's possible to have an interaction with referee at half/full time.

Abandoned/postponed games needed for realism.

More winter snow, especially in Northern and Central Europe. A thunderstorm would be fun once in a while too.

Completely full screen option during matches, all bars/info disappear if mouse is inactive.

Return of the occasional flare-up in tense games. It doesn't have to be a punch-up but just a few players squaring-up and the associated fines for failing to control players.

General gameplay.....

Show fan reaction to player being put on the transfer list.

Give option between a short form scouting report like the current one and a more in-depth version like on older versions of FM giving player stats and history on one page.

For scouting reports, give a possible fan reaction to the transfer in/out of each player.

Add a team training focus of dead-ball situation training.

Improve player interactions. Pre-season chat setting out what's expected of the player/ask their opinion if an offer comes in for them/send home to consider their future/raise concerns about fitness/wish them luck and offer advice for forthcoming milestones (debut, international debut, international tournament, starting a loan)

A general fan chatter area where a manager can snoop on what other team's fans say about their club and players/potential signings and can also see what's being said about him/her by the club's fans.

You can already do that by arranging a friendly against your reserve team, adding in an option for rolling subs in the arrange friendly setup options could be a useful addition but getting the AI managers to benefit from could be tricky & might prove to be a stumbling block.

Friendlies with the reserve team are good in the off season but I have never played around with rolling subs or friendlies between matches in the season.

These are "official" friendly too and in line with what I understood from bluestillidie00, something that can be used as a training drill, i.e. 5 a side, 45 minutes, full game would be good for not just tactics, but also fitness, etc. Your bench or reserves would be able to line up in the most common formation of the upcoming rival team to try and match how your opposition is likely to play against you.

In regards to the AI, did the older CM/ FM games where you could set 5 a side training drills, have any benefit to the AI, or was this also just a player beneficial training item? Perhaps a similar training option could work for both AI and human sides in detailed leagues?

TBH I'm not sure those drills had any impact at all, be that user or AI controlled clubs.

Fair enough. They were quite nice for depth and I can see people enjoying seeing them go through mini game drills.

I expect a lot of the features we played with in the CM days were nothing more than GUI with nothing under the hood, I believe Wibble/Wobble might have been another feature that had no impact on the match outcome.

I expect a lot of the features we played with in the CM a days were nothing more than GUI with nothing under the hood, I believe Wibble/Wobble might have been another feature that had no impact on the match outcome.

Exactly. Remember you used to be able to place players at set pieces and the like? Absolutely no chance that was properly being modelled in the match-engine.

The media already does that, if you have a player doing well enough & they have a growing or already high reputation you will be asked about their inclusion/exclusion from international squads.

Yes true - but I would like the ability to do it on my own - like the way you used to be able to criticise or praise a player directly without being asked the question.

The possibility of matches getting delayed due to traffic or conditions for 30 mins or an hour like man utd up at spurs a few weeks back.

Ask the premier league to put back a fixture 24 hours or bring it forward due to a big european fixture coming up for your team.

I would love to see a kind of "sets" option being included for fm17. Let me divulge, so lets say you've been working on a classic/retro database and want to use it on FM with the graphics/facepacks/old logos etc.. No in current mode this can be done by copying large amounts of data out and then in of the folders that FM "sees". If you were to have an option when starting a new game say Set1 - this could have data from 1993-94 season and includes all graphics too. There for you wouldnt need to move around data and maybe just change the name of the top folder to Set 1. Then a simple clear cache and the reload cache would be amazing.

I've got three things I'd like to see added into future Football Manager games.

1: The option to manage a club's under 21s or under 18s.

I want to be able to start my career as the manager of Gateshead's under 21s. Not as Gateshead manager and controlling the u21s. When there is an injury crisis at senior level, the manager comes to me and asks me to recommend three players who I believe deserve to be given a game in the first team. This can increase your young player knowledge within your attributes. I can do a brilliant job and then perhaps Newcastle can approach me and offer me the u18 job. Where the process is the same, who deserves to go on the American Pre-Season tour. Eventually Peter Beardsley is relieved of his duties as u21 manager and I get a promotion. A year later, a disaster strikes and Steve McClaren gets the sack. The install me in as caretaker manager until the end of the season.

2: I want to set out a longer term goal in a job interview.

On next years game, I want to be able to set a longer term goal for the club in an interview than just the goal for the current season. For example, if I were to manage Newcastle on FM17 and I failed to go up first season, I'd be shown the door. I want to be able to tell the board that I have a 4 year plan. Rebuild the squad entirely, which may mean that there will be no promotion this season but, I will have them promoted by season 3 and they'll be in the top half of the Premier League in 4 years.

3: Start a save from the end of the current season.

I'd like the option to start a save from the closing day of the previous season. I know that Newcastle will do awful business this summer and I'd like the option to start the save with the squad from the end of the previous season and rebuild the squad myself. All the other squads are as they were at the end of the season as well.

A players career stats under 'history' should not only show league games or it should atleast be filterable to show cup games aswell. It makes no sense currently and only reinforces the sad idea that league games are all that matters.

A players career stats under 'history' should not only show league games or it should atleast be filterable to show cup games aswell. It makes no sense currently and only reinforces the sad idea that league games are all that matters.

This is how it's done IRL. If you click on a specific year, you will get a breakdown that includes all the other appearances though.

This is how it's done IRL.

Yes, i see no reason not to have it be an option to show all competitions though.

If you click on a specific year, you will get a breakdown that includes all the other appearances though.

Yes, i do however wish that i could get a nice complete overview of how a player has performed for me throughout the years by just clicking history. The screen currently looks very depressing for those fringe players that you start in cup games and only give sub-ons for league games.

I'm not too sure whether these has been brought up, but I'll just share. All these happened in real world and I think it should implement in future FMs.

Players

More controversial off field matters on players which could affect their careers and bans: scandals, jail term, police cases, tax invasions and tragic deaths.

Retired players became club owners/shareholders like the 4 ex-man u legends with salford city.

More players expressed desires to leave club after a manager's interests and player's agent tries to talk to chairman/board and make it public.

Player interviews/reactions by medias after matches, or winning the MOTM.

Players or club captain become more involved of teammate's unhappiness due to manager's mistakes, formations and recent negative pre/post match talks.

Former/Ex-players have grudges against managers after unsuccesful spell on clubs. Players will not want to play for your club ever again.

Players clash with each other during a match. Remember Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer? Club to take actions against these players after that.

Players falling out with each other (in club or international level) due to personal and off field incident (Wayne Bridge and John Terry incident). Player(s) might decide to leave club in order not to face each other again.

Players involved in charity and other good campaigns.

Players feel insecure after new players of his same position are bought.

Players willing to take the pay cut to join the manager he wished to play for or his boyhood club.

Retire player numbers after player passed on.

Managers

Managers in constant talk with club captain about any good players recommendations, current player's roles suitability and other ideas.

Managers and coaches in constant talks/views about formations, systems and errors during matches and match trainings which the managers could do some minor tweaks/adjustments in trainings or right after matchdays to achieve better systems and formations.

Managers are given few more answers during pre/post match talks and Board interviews than the default 5 answers.

Managers having grudges against each other or from rival clubs for longer periods of time.

"tapping up" players through agents to be implement, just an idea. I know, it's not good..

Chairman/Board

Chairman/ board expressed interest through medias on managers from other clubs after their current manager's poor performance halfway through the season. After chairman/ board get their man, they will send a notice to managers to resign immediately.

Monthly Board meetings with managers about clubs issues, next transfer targets and budgets. After that, Board will inform you of their decisions (which Board may support you in every way they can to help you acheive your goals if you are performing well).

Board may try to strike a deal for players eventually after weeks of negotiating instead of "Player target ends in failure..."

Fans

Headline news of Fans' interview by media outside stadium about match predictions.

Street attacks, riots and fans' behaviour led to club being fined and possibly of fans facing stadium ban.

Street celebrations after winning any cup finals.

Matchday

One minute of silence before match as a mark of respect due to some tragedies, death of ex-players/managers or hillsborough/munich air disaster remembrance (if playing on 2D/3D matches).

Academies

Clubs are able to sign young kids, as young as 10 year old for academies and mould into young stars and possibly play for future 1st team.

AI

A few more in depth trainings could be implement, i guess.. Or maybe SI might got a new sets of training in store.

More hidden gems/unknown wonderkids around the world.

More playable leagues than in the current FM16.

More built in tactics in tactics column, like "Park the Bus" tactic and other new tactics that SI/FM may have thought before.

More goal celebrations in 3D match (you know, there are Nani's, Benjani's, Klose's, Bebeto's, Klinsmann's and many more).

I would love to see a kind of "sets" option being included for fm17. Let me divulge, so lets say you've been working on a classic/retro database and want to use it on FM with the graphics/facepacks/old logos etc.. No in current mode this can be done by copying large amounts of data out and then in of the folders that FM "sees". If you were to have an option when starting a new game say Set1 - this could have data from 1993-94 season and includes all graphics too. There for you wouldnt need to move around data and maybe just change the name of the top folder to Set 1. Then a simple clear cache and the reload cache would be amazing.

The folder loads in alphanumerical order, before game start just call the set folder you want 001 - Kits. etc

not sure if its possible but when playing a match in 3d if a match is being played simultaniously that has a baring on yours ( title decider etc) the match in question also comes up in 3d but in a smaller window so we can see the event happen in real time like they do on tv coverage . you could indicate which matches you want updates on on that days fixtures just before you go to match.

When you take on a national team job (yes, I am that shallow) after choosing your squad it be nice to be able to choose squad numbers for all matches and not just for tournaments. Ok, so the likes of England and Holland still use 1-11 for qualifiers and friendlies, but teams like France, Germany and Argentina have been using squad numbers for years in all fixtures. Even Brazil who preferred 1-11 now use squad numbers for all fixtures.

How it could work is that you still pick your national squad 7 days before your first fixture and then 1 day before the game your asked to pick your numbers from 1-23 which the players will wear for the fixtures. If you have an injury after the first game and you replace them then they can take the number of the player they replace.

what about having players roles being switch having an effect on the total familiarity of the tactic.

Lets say I have a full back and then I change his role to wing back and the familiarity of the tactic lowers since now he will be making new movements which can affect their team mates.

Archived