What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

The one thing that you should take from FIFA Manager. And that is the way to spend money. Building all kind of facilities all over the world, so you can be more popular and make even more money. But, that should not be to complicated, we don't want FM Sims. :-)

And also, we want to open youth academies all over the world...what's the big deal with that?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Football politics.

If you play total war series, say Rome 2 or Attila, there is a religious influence towards the stability of province. For instance, Christianity, paganism influences, etc... depending on your faction stance, the influence strength determine the happy of a ruled province. You may either embrace certain religion by building churchE's, or against religions like Attila did

Back to football manager, and bring that total war religious faction idea to simulate club politics. take real Madrid for example, you have President Perez trying to stamp him mark, interfering manager decision; Sergio Ramos rallying his allies when he feels the manager incompetence, poor benitez was sacked probably because he didn't support the faction; Cristiano Ronaldo faction wanting to do things the way of his own. By then, if you are a ancheloti type manager, things can be calmed dowm by rubbing shoulder of all mentioned factions, otherwise a fiery mourinho style management might then do a scorch earth approach, not giving a damn to all faction.

I'd like a quick note at squad registration at season start to let me know how many possible games my team could play this season. IE. With 4 completions to go for the xxxx squad could face xx games this season if they get to all finals, but xx games minimum.

A start/end of season message informing you which players still don't speak the language so you can send them on courses would be helpful. The option comes up for new signings, but players that joined previously can slip through the cracks.

I would love to be able to set a minimum acceptable playing role for loan listed players, or at least to be able to batch-reject all of the "cover for the first team" offers.

you can already do this = Offer the player out as "First Team" and then press the lock so it turns red, this means it is non-negotiable (you can do this whenever you see the lock, I do this alot when offering contract to avoid paying to much signon fee to players and agents). And even if you just offer the player out and lets say you get 3 offers at first team, you just accept those 3 and then in the bottom right corner you can "reply to all non responded offers" or something like that.

International teams when you apply or get offered the job theirs no interview like you do when applying for club teams so would like interviews for international teams and also an 2nd interviews for club teams if they don't know who's the right manager to take the club forward.

Pardon if these have been noted before, these are just a few that I have been either wanting to see or been researching the available stats in my games to find.

1. A bit more story and feeling

I remember there use to be birthday messages in older versions, which I thought was a nice touch and the milestones that appear are great to show little bits of info and personal accomplishments. Something a bit similar to this to show relationships or trends would be good, i.e.

The match against Fiorentina marks the 300th game Leonavich and Ceccetti have played together

Leonavich and co. score 1.2 goals a game in the first 20 minutes while Vicenza concede 2.2. The first 20 minutes will likely be full of action, as today's TV coverage match

Leonavich and Rival manager Guardiola have faced each other 16 times in their careers with Leon winning 6, 5 draws and Guardiola winning 5. San Marino are 3-1 favourites in this close encounter.

Leicester are 10 goals away from breaking the Premier League record of 86 goals in a season. They need 1.2 goals per game over the final 8 games to reach the milestone.

I understand this could be quite dynamic and difficult, so perhaps a set of say 100 coded responses could be used where the stat is pulled out of the back end and used where appropriate thresholds are met (as there are some for currently), or randomly when it is two team close on the table, or there is a lul in news such as mid season, out of the transfer windows.

2. I would like to see more options in contracts and discussions to sway people, or at least attempt to, i.e.:

Dual nationality players who refuse to play for your country due to their reputation being so low. At least being able to entertain in a conversation instead of always getting their voicemail.

The ability to offer incentives, such as if you choose England over Spain as your international choice, I will play you in X position, or guarantee you a place in X qualifier.

In a contract, the ability to slate a contract length or 3-5 year plan with players, such as signing a 17 year old with a high PA as a first team player and stating they will be on loan / rotation / learning for 4 seasons, rather than signing them and having them complain about lack of game time after 1 season in the youth side. This varies to a role of key, first team, etc, as it also lets the player know what your intentions are short term and long term when signing them.

3. More dynamic reputation changes based on the game world (international) and better AI in player expectations

I do the San Marino challenge and after some 20-30 seasons, the international team is quite competitive on the international stage. Despite this, and us being ranked higher than Italy for a number of years, players that are not going to be in contention for the Italian team still refuse a call up until the age of 24 at which time they will eventually play for us. I understand football history, previous years reputation etc come into play, however after some 10 years of being ranked similarly or better than Italy and with a much smaller player pool, I would expect some of the lesser players to accept our call ups. To this point I also feel like player expectations are also skewed, where classically better nations always take preference over smaller nations, even though a player is not going to ever be selected for that nation due to the available options.

i.e. French / Algerian, English / Jamaican, Sammarinese / Italian, Angola / Portugal are a few examples where much smaller nations may pick up DN players of lower quality but fail to do so, even later on if these nations become stronger.

Number 3 is an excellent point, has this been raised as a bug? Essentially it sounds like a knock-on or oversight following the introduction of dynamic rep.

I'd love to see better decision-making in the match engine re:

- Checking if a player is standing offside before trying to pass to him.

- Checking if a player is running the opposite direction before playing a ball over the top he'll never reach.

- Checking if the ball is going out of play harmlessly (e.g. for a goal kick) before heading it back into my own penalty area.

Tactical familiarity should be less arduous to build. It might be "realistic" but it discourages tinkering and actually playing the tactical side of the game.

I'm sure we'd love to see players not make poor decisions in real life too. The stopping a ball going out in their favour is annoying & happens too often to be realistic.

If you're not a fan of tactical familiarity give FMT a go, it's set to 100% at all times.

Pardon if these have been noted before, these are just a few that I have been either wanting to see or been researching the available stats in my games to find.

1. A bit more story and feeling

I remember there use to be birthday messages in older versions, which I thought was a nice touch and the milestones that appear are great to show little bits of info and personal accomplishments. Something a bit similar to this to show relationships or trends would be good, i.e.

The match against Fiorentina marks the 300th game Leonavich and Ceccetti have played together

Leonavich and co. score 1.2 goals a game in the first 20 minutes while Vicenza concede 2.2. The first 20 minutes will likely be full of action, as today's TV coverage match

Leonavich and Rival manager Guardiola have faced each other 16 times in their careers with Leon winning 6, 5 draws and Guardiola winning 5. San Marino are 3-1 favourites in this close encounter.

Leicester are 10 goals away from breaking the Premier League record of 86 goals in a season. They need 1.2 goals per game over the final 8 games to reach the milestone.

I understand this could be quite dynamic and difficult, so perhaps a set of say 100 coded responses could be used where the stat is pulled out of the back end and used where appropriate thresholds are met (as there are some for currently), or randomly when it is two team close on the table, or there is a lul in news such as mid season, out of the transfer windows.

2. I would like to see more options in contracts and discussions to sway people, or at least attempt to, i.e.:

Dual nationality players who refuse to play for your country due to their reputation being so low. At least being able to entertain in a conversation instead of always getting their voicemail.

The ability to offer incentives, such as if you choose England over Spain as your international choice, I will play you in X position, or guarantee you a place in X qualifier.

In a contract, the ability to slate a contract length or 3-5 year plan with players, such as signing a 17 year old with a high PA as a first team player and stating they will be on loan / rotation / learning for 4 seasons, rather than signing them and having them complain about lack of game time after 1 season in the youth side. This varies to a role of key, first team, etc, as it also lets the player know what your intentions are short term and long term when signing them.

3. More dynamic reputation changes based on the game world (international) and better AI in player expectations

I do the San Marino challenge and after some 20-30 seasons, the international team is quite competitive on the international stage. Despite this, and us being ranked higher than Italy for a number of years, players that are not going to be in contention for the Italian team still refuse a call up until the age of 24 at which time they will eventually play for us. I understand football history, previous years reputation etc come into play, however after some 10 years of being ranked similarly or better than Italy and with a much smaller player pool, I would expect some of the lesser players to accept our call ups. To this point I also feel like player expectations are also skewed, where classically better nations always take preference over smaller nations, even though a player is not going to ever be selected for that nation due to the available options.

i.e. French / Algerian, English / Jamaican, Sammarinese / Italian, Angola / Portugal are a few examples where much smaller nations may pick up DN players of lower quality but fail to do so, even later on if these nations become stronger.

In FM12 after I won European championship with San marino (2024) and reached top spot in world ranking all the dual nationality players would 'want to wait their chance with San Marino before committing to Italy' or 'Doesn't want to play for italy'. It takes that kind of turnaround, but then it's better than winning the World Cup :)

I do like your No.2 especially if you're manager of both club and country of those players and possibly their favorite staff. Something like 'Play for our NT and I'll make you first choice for the club/raise your wages/make you captain'... of course if you break your promise the players could retire from international football... would be a nice feat to have for us fans of club & country challenges

I'm sure we'd love to see players not make poor decisions in real life too. The stopping a ball going out in their favour is annoying & happens too often to be realistic.

If you're not a fan of tactical familiarity give FMT a go, it's set to 100% at all times.

Unfortunately it also removes elements of the game I do enjoy. Can you use edited databases in that mode yet?

Nope, I know SI always monitor the issue & assessing if the current technical limitations can be overcome. Maybe one day custom league files will be compatible with FMT.

At the moment you just have to decide what's more important to your enjoyment.

I use my careers to test changes to players ahead of database updates. Not participating in this year's beta testing caught me out on a few issues and I'd prefer that not happen again :p. So I'm stuck with the full fat version.

I'd love to see a match highlight feature that shows me every touch of whatever player I want to see. Maybe selecting a player in the match engine (while the match is running) could be a trigger for the highlight system to show every touch that player makes until he is deselected. Cheers, if you read this.

Conditional Opposition Instructions

By that I mean being able to set up instructions that essentially behave as "If the player in X position meets Y criteria then apply Z instructions".

In my current game my OI for opposing strikers depend largely on the pace of the striker in question, so for me it's if their pace & acceleration are over 15 then I apply one set of OI to them, and if they're under that then I apply a different set of instructions.

The problem with doing this is that it's a pain in the arse to have to check the strikers attributes at the start of every game and after every substitution or formation change by my opponents, so I'd love to be able to set up conditional instructions so specific OI are applied automatically if a player in a specified position met some specified criteria.

In FM12 after I won European championship with San marino (2024) and reached top spot in world ranking all the dual nationality players would 'want to wait their chance with San Marino before committing to Italy' or 'Doesn't want to play for italy'. It takes that kind of turnaround, but then it's better than winning the World Cup :)

I do like your No.2 especially if you're manager of both club and country of those players and possibly their favorite staff. Something like 'Play for our NT and I'll make you first choice for the club/raise your wages/make you captain'... of course if you break your promise the players could retire from international football... would be a nice feat to have for us fans of club & country challenges

Interesting, have you noted this on more recent iterations, as I have noticed it quite hard to sway DN players regardless of our rating or reputation.

Also why can't I see what roles my players were playing after the match has ended? I hate it when I acidentally stumble upon a good configuration during a match and then if I can't remember what I clicked, the formation is lost. It's a minor thing but it keeps happening, I hope in future FM's we'll be able to see what roles were being used at the end of a match.

I would love to see a change in the manager creation section. not so much with the appearance of the manager but his/her history. I think it would be amazing to be able to make up your past career stats. who you previously played for, appearance's you made for that club, goal scored. this could maybe affect the club your managing at.

for example, if I put that I played for Liverpool for 20 years, and I got the position as manager at the club, I could be seen as a club icon. I think it would be good to look back at your history maybe after 30 years in management and see a career of 50 years playing and managing

I would like more flexibility in interacting with the director of football. I would like to ask him to sign someone in a specific position (note that I do NOT mean the current system where he suggests three players, and then you pick). I'd like to give each position and role a specific weight, or a request. I.e. "sign me a DMC-Regista". Preferably though I'd just like to set a priority for positions and roles so that if I don't want him to sign anyone I can just set all of the weights to 0.

Also, there still is frequently not enough information when signing a player is unsuccessful. The DoF just says it failed with no reason.

Interesting, have you noted this on more recent iterations, as I have noticed it quite hard to sway DN players regardless of our rating or reputation.

I haven't gone that far with SM challenge in recent editions but I'd imagine it's the same as other 'rules' also seem the same (at first DN players accept the call-up only when they turn 22, or 24 if the were previously called-up by Italy U19/21). Win a major tournament and they'll be yours ;)

My biggest gripe with FM is that the game is out of date by the time it comes out and things like Chelsea's plight/Leicester success is never reflected when you begin a game.

If you can't create an up-to-date league standing/start date, my request is to manually create your own start date in the game and the ability to manually input the results up to that starting point.

I haven't gone that far with SM challenge in recent editions but I'd imagine it's the same as other 'rules' also seem the same (at first DN players accept the call-up only when they turn 22, or 24 if the were previously called-up by Italy U19/21). Win a major tournament and they'll be yours ;)

But I have won the World Cup :)

In future version I'd like to see a match engine that was properly tested in-house and that worked from day 1. I'm tired of obviously buggy games being released and worse still remaining such despite several patches over many, many months. In the past developers had to release games with a bit of polish as they arrived on disk and there was no facility available to patch them. How about the revolutionary idea of realising the game when it is ready, rather than 'because that's the time of year we always release the game'?

This is the first version of FM that I have effectively given up on half way through. In the past I had to tear myself away from my save to start again with a new version. Next year however if I decide to buy the game I'll be waiting until long after it's out - probably after the inevitable 3rd patch to try it out. I resent being treated like a cash cow who is expected to cough-up every year but is derided when pointing out obvious recurring problems that never seem to get addressed.

My biggest gripe with FM is that the game is out of date by the time it comes out and things like Chelsea's plight/Leicester success is never reflected when you begin a game.

If you can't create an up-to-date league standing/start date, my request is to manually create your own start date in the game and the ability to manually input the results up to that starting point.

I like idea of this as a way to also create challenge save files / databases and could possibly add a lot to the community. It could become part of he in game editor, so you have the ability to select the match day first, followed by wins draws and losses, this then allocates the total points a team has available. You then have the ability to input for and against and head to head results (optional).

You could then have challenges such as holding the lead as Leicester and continuing into the Champions league, saving Aston Villa from relegation, or coming from behind to win the title with Real Madrid.

The other leagues would need to have randomly generated results as it is a lot of information to input manually though

In future version I'd like to see a match engine that was properly tested in-house and that worked from day 1. I'm tired of obviously buggy games being released and worse still remaining such despite several patches over many, many months. In the past developers had to release games with a bit of polish as they arrived on disk and there was no facility available to patch them. How about the revolutionary idea of realising the game when it is ready, rather than 'because that's the time of year we always release the game'?

This is the first version of FM that I have effectively given up on half way through. In the past I had to tear myself away from my save to start again with a new version. Next year however if I decide to buy the game I'll be waiting until long after it's out - probably after the inevitable 3rd patch to try it out. I resent being treated like a cash cow who is expected to cough-up every year but is derided when pointing out obvious recurring problems that never seem to get addressed.

The match engine felt best on release this year, getting worse as time went on.

One area I would like to see changed is the loan system, and specifically the introduction of Youth Loans. An example of this is my club Birmingham City have a young player called Luke Maxwell that we signed from Kidderminster and loaned back. Under the terms of a youth loan, he can come back and train and play in U21 matches for Birmingham. I'd be more tempted to loan my young players out for long periods if they could still play U21 / U18 games, as well as occasionally training too. More info on youth loans is in section 53.3 here http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

Guys,

I REALLY think this idea will bring FM to the next level.

You remember the games like, Player Manager or Ultimate Soccer Manager?

PLEASE have a HOME screen which shows a birds eye view of your club and surrounding buildings, i.e training ground, offices, club shop etc.

every RPG player like myself, LOVE visuals, interaction and to see your club/player/city grow.

North Stand being rebuilt? your home screen will show graphically this taking place! over the weeks you will ACTUALLY SEE your stand improve.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but it would be cool if you could agree to join a club (whilst already managing a club) at a later point in the future. Much like in real life with Guardiola and him joining Man City in the summer.

You can do so. There are two options - delay by a week or delay until the end of the season, when there is less than a third of the season remaining.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/456149-Can-you-apply-for-a-job-to-start-at-the-end-of-the-season

I would like more flexibility in interacting with the director of football. I would like to ask him to sign someone in a specific position (note that I do NOT mean the current system where he suggests three players, and then you pick). I'd like to give each position and role a specific weight, or a request. I.e. "sign me a DMC-Regista". Preferably though I'd just like to set a priority for positions and roles so that if I don't want him to sign anyone I can just set all of the weights to 0.

Also, there still is frequently not enough information when signing a player is unsuccessful. The DoF just says it failed with no reason.

Adding on to this request, I would like to be able to tell the DoF "negotiate this offer" when a transfer offer comes in for a player. I want to be able to decide whether or not to listen to an offer and negotiate it, but I don't actually want to do any of the negotiating.

I realize that after the fact I can cancel the transfer before it goes through but I don't like doing it that way.

Player histories after the winter transfer update.

I'd like if players histories from ongoing season were not added because they always appear as 0 appareances. F.e. I start a new save from July 2015 and my player Giannelli Imbula has been a Marseille player until 30/6/2015 and is a Stoke player from 1/7/2015 onwards, but somehow in the middle he was a Porto player and they even managed to make a 5m profit of him. If I start a season lets say from March 2016 the history would still show 0 appareances at Porto even though he's played something like 20 games there, so I don't see a point adding those histories as they always appear invalid anyway. It's a small thing but somehow irritates me.

One thing that will be easy to implement and that would be great is a split view with 3 panels.

As the screen resolution become increasingly bigger, there is so much free space in the split view. In my case a 1920x1080 resolution could easily handle another panel.

It would be a great addition to have a split view like: Overview/Match stats/Team information.

And when there was a highlight the field would show in 2 panels (2 on the left or the 2 on the right).

Would love to see an additional condition when searching staff, the knowledge of a particular league/nation. I spend lots of time checking profiles of staff members to see their knowledge when O look to expand our club scouting knowledge (right now I use the 'language spoken' condition but it's not ideal). This option would be VERY useful for me.

I'd like it if far more players had high potential, but just failed to reach it. At the moment, it's frustrating getting a new bunch of youth players each season at a Premiership team, and some seasons you instantly know that literally none of them will EVER have the ability to be good enough for the Premiership - there is no way a club would have kept these players till they were 16 if they didn't have at least a chance of becoming a good player. The potential rating at the moment makes it too easy to assemble a team of the future to dominate for years to come.

I'd like there to be far more preferred moves. Most players don't have any, but in real life the preferred moves of players are what make them special and different. At the moment sometimes I want to change my team up, but it feels like too many players don't really offer anything too different.

Lastly, this is probably going to be unpopular, but I think the stats are too precise. A rating out of 20 is unrealistic, and personally I'd prefer something more vague. For example, i've probably seen Kyle Walker play about 50 times in my life, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to rate him out of 20 for anticipation, stamina, bravery, beyond anything other than descriptive words like 'excellent' or 'very good'. If you want to make a realistic management game, this would be the way to do it, rather than scouting a player and seeing a mark of 14 for anticipation and thinking 'hmm, I really need someone with 15 or above'.

I'd like it if far more players had high potential, but just failed to reach it. At the moment, it's frustrating getting a new bunch of youth players each season at a Premiership team, and some seasons you instantly know that literally none of them will EVER have the ability to be good enough for the Premiership - there is no way a club would have kept these players till they were 16 if they didn't have at least a chance of becoming a good player. The potential rating at the moment makes it too easy to assemble a team of the future to dominate for years to come.

I have been a fan of something similar, but more based around a longer time period before giving them their final PA to encourage you to watch them more often and sign them based on performance.

Most times, once the team comes in, you sign all the players you want from that intake on the first opportunity. The remaining months of their trial, you know who is going home, because you have all the information pretty early in the piece. Some players may impress and encourage a signing, but generally, you aren't offering contracts as their trials expire.

I would like to see the initial intake screen, where they list the players and who the standouts are, if any, but leave the potential as rather high, if not maximum or unknown. As they play trials / under 19s, etc, the PA and CA start to appear from vague to more defined, with the final output coming a week prior to the trial period ending.

This means you have to sign players based on form or the current state of your / coaches scouting of them.

I.e. this intake, Player X is considered one of the best in his generation. Player Y and Z also did will in the academy and should be followed.

When looking at the intake, these 3 have their PA revealed as 4.5-6

The remaining have either nothing or a rating of 5 or so for PA. As they play trials, their form dictates and helps mold their PA.

So when Player A has 7.34 after 7 trials, he is considered a 4.5 star potential

When Player B has a 6.33 after 5 trials, he is considered a 2.5 star potential

As these players obviously come through an academy and have had some exposure to your coaches or yourself, it is understandable to know a few of the standouts, but the rest are still young enough to either impress or get better or fail and fall. making this a bit more dynamic and drawn out means there could be more "potential" that fails to live up to the hype, as well as some hidden gems who just didn't perform when trialing, but scrapped by until they had a bit more maturity.

When you take over the reigns at a new club and you bring your assistant manager with you it would be good if the meetings change tone and language. They introduce themselves as if you have never met them and ask questions in the same way. Perhaps it could be expedited by them simply asking whether you want to implement the same settings as at the previous club?

Just a small thing but during a testimonial the player being honored should be a forced selection unless injured and they should be made captain & penalty taker for the game. This would add more realism to the feature.

The most important feature that should be added in FM17, is the option to see our players training our new made up tactics before a match. This will give us a good understanding on what we need to change, instead of getting frustrated during matches.

I know I didn't explained that much, but you get the idea.

I really hope the developers see this, its really important

And maybe some screaming commentators

Just a small thing but during a testimonial the player being honored should be a forced selection unless injured and they should be made captain & penalty taker for the game. This would add more realism to the feature.

The option for them to change sides at half time if the testimonial is against a favourite club or a club they played at for an extended period of time during their careers. I had a testimonial for a player who played for 10 seasons at both us, and about 8 at the club in the testimonial. It would of been nice to see him play for them at the half.

Allowing current / retired players to participate, that are still in the database that used to play alongside the player at either of the clubs in the fixture. It may only be players who are in favoured personnel or player for a set number of games / seasons together.

Would be a nice touch and make it a bit more than just a run of the mill friendly to see players come together for a one of game in testimony to a player.

I know it's old ground, but if the manager cannot invest his earnings; what is the point of his salary unless being less sacakable?

That is the point of the manager salaries.

Archived