What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

probably mentioned time and again but for player career stats to reflect ALL appearances not just league games played. I always like to rotate my players every game so some of them may only play less than 20 league games but overall played a lot more due to participation in other competitions and the career stats make them look severely underused or less of a prolific striker as a result.

Can it be possible to get the views of credible coaches and players both past and current on what formations and tactic instructions they would use.

Hand them Football Manager and give them a look at the game and get their recommendation on the setup based on the terminologies and available instructions in Football Manager.

Obvious starting people are the coaches and players that endorse Football Manager.

Football Manager does have manager attributes but I wonder what the real Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Ange Postecoglou would handle Football Manager.

BEST WISH?

How about using something like https://features.cpanel.net/ to find out what people want to see in future releases the most?

I can pretty much guarantee that the "same" wishes were posted here over and over again, simply because nobody has the time/energy to read through thousands of posts first. So, for SIGames staff it is most likely very tedious work to gather all that information and combine posts that are the "same" wish. Even more difficult would be to gauge the popularity of a posted wish, as not everyone actually reading it may reply with "me too", and others may not even have read a wish made in one of the thousands of posts, but they might want to see it being included in future versions - had they seen it.

The benefit of using a system like cpanel does would be that each "wish" could be individually voted and commented on, to get a better idea of its popularity, and to have all the related details in one place.

Also, using a system like the cpanel feature requests would make it easy to figure out duplicated requests and merge them to one "wish".

If you like this idea, please reply with quoting my post, so it may catch the attention of SIGames. :)

You can do that manually pretty easily.

Yup it's easy but very tedious after doing it manually after every match for few seasons. At match training there is already an option to rest before or after match but it's default to one day, just need to add an option to specify how many days.

I've just signed a striker on loan only to discover he's ineligible to play, having already played for 2 teams. I'm aware of, but always forget about this particular rule. Can this be made more clear on the transfer bidding screen in future editions, purely so idiots like me don't keep knackering up?

Add a Phil Brown 'team talk on the pitch' option for when im sick and tired of my players

When Brown did this IRL he subsequently won six matches in twelve months and got sacked, and his big money signing got a long term injury on his debut.

If this was replucated in FM there'd be swathes of frothing punters claiming the game is rigged/broken/whatever.

I've just signed a striker on loan only to discover he's ineligible to play, having already played for 2 teams. I'm aware of, but always forget about this particular rule. Can this be made more clear on the transfer bidding screen in future editions, purely so idiots like me don't keep knackering up?

I know you said 'more clear' and that's probably a valid point. At the moment, it's text in red on either the transfer or contract offer screen, in case you didn't know.

Hello,

First of all, i'm a 34 years old football manager player, who has been playing the game since 1999. I've spent thousand of hours in front of your beautiful game. I've always loved it and still spend much time on it. However, as a football manager expert i have a few remarks and criticism on the last versions of the game and i'm sure my opinion will be helpful and needs to be heard.

1. Make it more immersive

In my opinion, FM needs a graphic refresh. I don't talk about the 3D (which is useless for me as i always play my games in 2D) but i'm talking about the all game instead. When i'm working on the training field, i wish i could feel on the training fields, when i'm negociating transfers, i want to feel like i'm in my work office using my phone, and so on... I think at the end of the day, the same pages, with the same interface, with the same datas style, are getting quite annoying... a little bit of originality wouldn't harm.

2.Focus on the day-to-day job of a coach

You know what part of the job of a coach is the most important... The training. You know what is the less developped part of the last FM games ? The training. I think it is a real flaw. This manager task is essential and is a huge part of the success or the failure of the manager job. Why not improving it with the possibility of making a real day-to-day schedule with a serie of a lot of different exercises : ie. A.M. Crossing exercises (and there could be an overview of which player did the best) ; P.M. : 5vs5 training game (with which player were the most performant...) It could be a real asset and a new real indicator of which player to use on the next game....

3.Rethink the whole press conferences system

This is what i hate the most in the new FM's. Please make it stop. The question are almost always the same... It's fun for the first season, but when you play for a long time you always get the same annoying questions, with the same annoying answers. Find a way to make it more attractive, because of all the people i know playing FM, everyone is using the assistant to go to the press. It's not the point, it should be a thrill.

Those are the first 3 points that needs to be improved, in the opinion of a very long time FM player :)

Perhaps this is more of a bug but couldn't find/decide the exact thread to post it in so thought I'd stick it in here in the hope it gets looked at for the enxt version.

I often manage Cardiff City and also subscribe to the Welsh football team so get regular updates about team selection, etc.

As we know, Cardiff play in the English football league structure but this seems to cause an issue or two.

From a club persepctive, I've had a news item about a club European fixture saying that we are set to welcome foreign club X to Cardiff, the capital of England.

Secondly, and this is less of a bug but more of a knowledge thing, when the Welsh national squad is picked for a match, no players are ever really picked from the Welsh League(s) because the better Welsh players are playing for one of the Welsh clubs (or elsewhere) in the English leagues. But this still prompts the line saying something about the disappointment in having no 'home-based' talent in the National squad. Could there not be something in there that recognises that the better Welsh clubs play in the English system?

Perhaps this is more of a bug but couldn't find/decide the exact thread to post it in so thought I'd stick it in here in the hope it gets looked at for the enxt version.

I often manage Cardiff City and also subscribe to the Welsh football team so get regular updates about team selection, etc.

As we know, Cardiff play in the English football league structure but this seems to cause an issue or two.

From a club perspective, I've had a news item about a club European fixture saying that we are set to welcome foreign club X to Cardiff, the capital of England.

Secondly, and this is less of a bug but more of a knowledge thing, when the Welsh national squad is picked for a match, no players are ever really picked from the Welsh League(s) because the better Welsh players are playing for one of the Welsh clubs (or elsewhere) in the English leagues. But this still prompts the line saying something about the disappointment in having no 'home-based' talent in the National squad. Could there not be something in there that recognizes that the better Welsh clubs play in the English system?

A similar incident occurs with San Marino, who play in the Italian system, but are a Sammarinese based club. Most of my national team squad are playing for the club side, but every time I pick the team I get the news article stating foreign based players as a preference, when in fact they are all playing in San Marino, just not in the Sammarinese League.

It may be worth stating, "No players from the Sammarinese League have been selected, but X amount of home based players have been chosen from the Sammarinese side San Marino who represent the nation within the Italian Footballing system, in the Serie A"

I can pretty much guarantee that the "same" wishes were posted here over and over again, simply because nobody has the time/energy to read through thousands of posts first. So, for SIGames staff it is most likely very tedious work to gather all that information and combine posts that are the "same" wish. Even more difficult would be to gauge the popularity of a posted wish, as not everyone actually reading it may reply with "me too", and others may not even have read a wish made in one of the thousands of posts, but they might want to see it being included in future versions - had they seen it.

Technology should be our servant not our master.

We can’t allow the tail to wag the dog... which I think it's doing.

As it will release every November I believe any major change is not possible at this time. Still I would like to share some of I suggestions, though many of them I have suggested a many years ago.

In FM16 we have hidden attributes, which is cool, but the attribute will reveal on the first day he join the club, and will loss knowledge about him after he leave the club. Both process should be slower, and we may need short period (i.e. 1 week time after he join the training) of time to have good knowledge about his physical stats, medium period to understand his technical, and long time to figure out his mental.

For scouting, same thing, it is impossible to say he is not good for big match after just watching one game, it may take many years to say so (especially for young kids). Physical stats should be easy to find out from sitting on the stand, harder and inaccurate for technical, and very hard and subjective for mental.

I always criticise about the current scouting system. The scout is far too accurate. Yes we may have scout A say his potential is 4.5 star and scout B say he is 5 star, but I mean it should be scout A feel he is 2 star and scout B feel he is 5 star(and then is make a difference between scout attribute, higher stats give higher possibilities). If a scout can pick out one Messi at age 16, he is an excellent scout, no need to be every Messi.

I also feel the attribute system could improve. The attribute now is basically static and change over long period training. It should be more dynamic, I mean player come back from holiday should have (especially for low professionalism) a decrease in most physical stats. And for a manager, we can ask player to build up his weight, make him stronger and trade off agility or the other way around. If I ask him to shot from long more often, he should increase his long shot over time or if I ask him to be a playmaker his teamwork should improve over time.

And one big point I always want to have is a dynamic database rather then static. What I mean is every time I create a new save / process to a new year, a small percentage (maybe 0.01%) of player’s PA will change. That makes maybe in 1 out of 10000 saves, Gotze will be as good as Messi in the future, but in the static PA system this is impossible. I feel this is important because not only because if will make every new save a different game, but also for now, if I have a young player with low PA rating, I will release him as long as his contract expire. But if it is dynamic, he might turn out to be better in the next year, so I have the incentive to have a lot of young player in the reserve team to increase the sample size. Or introduce some random event to change players attribute/PA/PPMs/personality will be cool. In real life, you never know which young kids will be your next Messi.

Some people above suggest to see the stadium/club in the home page instead of mailbox, I think that is a wonderful idea. When I play EA’s football manager many years ago I always love to design and build stadium stand. I also feel in the club’s achievement we should have a 3D like showroom, so when I girlfriend ask me what am I doing I could show to her what I have done. : )

The ability to have access to the kit editor without having the in game editor enabled - When playing around in lower lower leagues sometimes you find clubs with black writing/dark blue banner and no kits enabled. I would like to be able to edit just the kits and text in this case. It would also be a boon for those people who like to have a new kit each season. Maybe you could chose a option in the create game under in-game editor which allows you to choose the in-game editor tabs that you turn on in game??? i.e. Ingame editor : Kits, Ingame editor : Contracts, Ingame editor : Players, Ingame editor : None.

I would also like the player search feature to have a global preference setting which allows you to only see players that your staff or you know about. The reason behind this is I play LLM where I limit myself to what my staff know. This eliminates the player search feature so I am forced to look at each scout individually instead of the "scouting pool". I am sure that all LLM players would rejoice were this feature available.

Technology should be our servant not our master.

We can’t allow the tail to wag the dog... which I think it's doing.

Agreed.

A whishlist thread is really old school, any more behind the time and we would have to send the wishes in per post.

There are many better solutions, I only pointed out the one I like and wish would be in use here.

( something like https://features.cpanel.net/ ).

You're acting like this is the only way SI decide their features. They'll have their own way of tracking features that they want, as well as what users want. There's no need to expose users to anything like this, especially given that the vast majority of things posted in these threads will never see the light of day through being either unworkable or just plain bad. All it would be would be an illusion of control.

I would also like the player search feature to have a global preference setting which allows you to only see players that your staff or you know about. The reason behind this is I play LLM where I limit myself to what my staff know. This eliminates the player search feature so I am forced to look at each scout individually instead of the "scouting pool". I am sure that all LLM players would rejoice were this feature available.

I thought that was how the scouting pool worked already? Am I misunderstanding this?

... They'll have their own way of tracking features that they want, as well as what users want...

I honestly don't care what THEY want... they are getting paid to make a game and include new features that users want. This thread exists to gauge what users want, not what THEY want, and all I am pointing out it that something like the feature requests would be a better way to accomplish that.

... There's no need to expose users to anything like this...

Why do you think there is no need to expose users to anything like this?

Cpanel uses the feature requests to determine which features to roll out next, it's not an "illusion of control", but a way of knowing what their users want to see the most. Have a look at this page and you will see that pretty much all of the most popular feature requests have either already been realized or are in the making. Why? Because it's what users wanted.

... the vast majority of things posted in these threads will never see the light of day through being either unworkable or just plain bad...

That is why something like the feature requests from cpanel would make a lot of sense, as "unworkable or just plain bad" requests/wishes would not get much votes and most likely "bad" comments, while workable or just simply good wishes would get the votes they deserve and/or constructive comments on how this could be realized.

Also, considering what you wrote, why do you participate in the thread?

To re-state what has been said multiple times before, SI read all of this thread and note all that is suggested- after that it is up their team to evaluate the requests and make improvements for the next version. Just because there is a feature that users want doesn't automatically mean that it can or will be implemented.

Having said this, lets keep this thread civil and a vehicle for user suggestions rather than arguments

On corners: The 'go forward' instruction currently translates into: Go to the penalty spot and have a tea party. As others have stated previously more complex instructions are badly needed.

Another ME issue is first time passes and crosses. Even lower league players make these consistently with world class precision and speed over distances of 30 meters. Its incredibly unrealistic to see Vanarama South players attempting much less succeding in a volley cross with pin point precision at the poacher storming the back post for a tap-in.

I would like greater flexibility with in game tactics. I.E, my 343 tactic down my left flank should change in the same way 'swap position with' changes in game. To change to my 343 down the right flank, I have to do this manually by choosing that separate tactic then repeat some specific player actions like marking etc.

Leicester last season would attack then counter every five or ten minutes and I do go from slow possession based football to direct with quick pace a number of times in each half with great effect, but again manually done.

So if you had the option to auto swap to a different tactic, or in my case a mirror action down the opposite flank, and change every X minutes of your choice, it would help the game along.

When you go to player's details and see their form in differing positions, I would like to see not just DC, MC or FW as I play three at the back or three up front. What side do my DCs play best on, and strikers too? Do they have a higher assist rate on the left or right. Which side provides greater shots on target?

There's a list of players who have sold the biggest number of shirts, but why not list all players and the number of shirts sold off their back, and how much money is generated from each?

Do commercial endorsements make up part of players' contracts? I'm sure Ronaldo takes a cut of Madrid shirts with his name on them.

Some purely practical ones as opposed to new additions...

1 - If you want to "mass" do something i.e. select all players and turn them all to unavailable for loan would it be possible to ignore any that can't have that action i.e. youth player rather than having to go through, find them and deselect them?

2 - If you have left a club, been unemployed, joined a new club and then employed your old assistant manager could the media question be closer to asking about bringing them to follow you (as opposed to x has just been hired... and no answers relating to your previous relationship)

For the first point, youth players are only eligible for loan when they turn 17 and it's usually because they're still 16 that you can't change loan status. To get around this l sort youth players by age, then bulk select those aged 17 and then change loan status for all with no problems. Try that, it might help.

Once again, I'd love an option to customise which events should stop the processing of the game time - or having more time to respond to player's complaints. I haven't got the fastest processor in the world, especially late in the game with a dozen leagues loaded, so instead of pressing Space every day or two it's easier for me to go on holiday between matches, let the game process it while I'm doing something else, and then return to the PC and read about injuries, scout reports and everything else on matchday. The problem is, in recent FMs it's impossible to do due to player complaints which have to be dealt with immediately, and if you accidentally skip them by holidaying, you return to find the player unhappy and unwilling to talk. So, two possible solutions the way I see it:

1. We are able to tick and untick which events should stop the game processing for the manager (scout reports, reserve team availability etc.).

2. Unhappy players wait up to a week of game time for the manager to have a conversation with them.

(I tried ticking the new 'Have fewer stops in play...' box in Settings, did not see any visible changes)

2.Focus on the day-to-day job of a coach

You know what part of the job of a coach is the most important... The training. You know what is the less developped part of the last FM games ? The training. I think it is a real flaw. This manager task is essential and is a huge part of the success or the failure of the manager job. Why not improving it with the possibility of making a real day-to-day schedule with a serie of a lot of different exercises : ie. A.M. Crossing exercises (and there could be an overview of which player did the best) ; P.M. : 5vs5 training game (with which player were the most performant...) It could be a real asset and a new real indicator of which player to use on the next game....

This.

What we're currently playing is a pretty poor simulation of how football managers do their job. This is "Tactics Simulator 2016" which is one of the reasons why it's becoming more of a drag to play all the time without a degree from La Masia.

The problem is that we don't get anywhere near enough feedback from the game on each individual player. We get numbers and green lines but really all of the players feel like they have the same personality and when talking to them it's more of a mathematical formula than an experience exercise.

The whole game currently focuses on the match with the inbetween bits pretty skippable most of the time. This is backwards, the inbetween bits should be MORE important to the outcome than than the pitch screen.

We could have daily training sessions where they work on things that we want them to that will shape their performance in the upcoming match. It is basically the "Match Training" drop down but fleshed out significantly - if we work all week on defending crosses or marking a certain player then it gets reflected in the match based on the training performance of that week. We could see more of the personalities of our team - essentially the body language system rolled into it. Who is down after a major defeat and needs a word in their ear and who is defiant? This mood should carry over across days rather than just "Morale: Superb" which doesn't really mean anything at all.

The more Football Manager games come out, the more it feels like the players are robots. In older versions before we had some of these features we could invent our own personality for them and use our imaginations. Now, like the robotics/human curve, in an attempt to make them feel more real they've become more fake. "Calm->Good win boys, well done->All greens". Option 2 every time on press conferences. Ask cautiously and you can say anything to almost anyone. It feels like a solved system

Here are LOTS of suggestions that Ive built up after playing the game for a while and making notes as I go along. Some of the more experienced players may find these amusing, but I hope some of the usggestions at least will be useful to help improve the enjoyment of the game.

-- Enable a way to get quick access to scout assignments screen, e.g. a direct shortcut option.

-- The schedule list should have a column to show the teams current position in the league, so you can get an idea of the difficulty of the fixtures that are upcoming.

-- Scout assignments should allow you to specify the type of personality as one of the criteria you are searching for. This is because you may be searching for an older player who can act as a good role model for younger players.

-- Enable the ability to make tactical changes to the team during a game without having to answer 'Are you sure?' questions. Too many frustrating clicks, especially in the heat of an emotional game, or when you are making many tactical tweaks during a game. Need a simple one-click press to both activate the tactical change and return to the game.

-- Enhance the tutoring aspect. This is one of the most satisfying parts of the game, trying to mould a young player, but there is not much scope in what the game allows you to do here. It also needs to be clearer about what exactly the difference is between the two types of tutoring options.

-- Enhance the ability for staff to tell you why you keep losing. Telling you in a news item to change your formation is not enough. Its strange that you have a trunkload of high quality staff, yet no-one can tell you what you are doing wrong, and if you follow their backroom advice you still lose badly.

-- Have a training ground feature where you can test out different formations to analyse what are the strengths and weaknesses of different formations and tactics. Have your coaches make observations about how players in the system youre testing are not as effective as they could be, and why, and how things could be improved. Test out what difference it makes when you select different instructions, e.g. Expolit the middle, so you can see what effect the instruction has on the team. Have this difference annotated and have your coach point out what the difference is. In this way the game player can learn. Ive played the game for years, I still dont really understand exactly what most of the team instructions do or how they should be used and end up just selecting different team instructions cluelessly until I strike lucky. If a team instruction doesnt work, there is no feedback about why it doesnt work. You just deselect it and try something else. So empower the gameplayer to be able to learn from observation on the training ground and from training ground observation feedback from coaches. Help support the gameplayer to learn how to use team instructions. Because relying on luck to find team instructions that work, and then after a while when the instructions stop working because other teams counteract the strategy, it then means you have to go on another luck hunt to find a new set of instructions that will work. The game gives you little support on how to fix things. It doesnt help you identify why things are not working. So for example, imagine a training ground session, and in that session you could observe how Wingers, Inside Forwards, Ramdeuters and Advanced Playmakers will react and move differently in certain scenarios. You can observe and compare the differences. This way, you teach the game player what each role option does, and thus allow the game player to make an informed decision about what he wants to try in a live game. At the moment, I imagine the majority of game players just make uninformed decisions which leads to frustration. You could also have the coaches to encourage use of 'Player' individual settings rather than overall team instruction settings, and basic good gameplay logic such as that. Or have a coach make observations such as 'this player has high decision making which means he doesn't require us to give him individual instructions so much and can be left to his own devices'. Stuff like that. And even if the coach cant tell you exactly what to do, they should at least give you hints about how to do things, e.g. suggest watching the game in comprehensive or full match mode, how to observe players and what they do and what it means and then which instructions can rectify it. Or have this sort of 'fundamental' advice come from an option to consult with a club icon or retired guru (like Sir Alex Ferguson) who would be able to offer some tips where your management is going wrong.

-- Have a one minute 3D animation movie clip as a reward feature, where the players in your squad are shown in a scene to add drama to the game, e.g. a celebratory locker room scene after a competition win or promotion or qualifying for europe. Gamers form emotional bonds with their squad players, but they only have names and a little portrait picture to go on, so seeing the players animated in a scene could help bring them more alive and be quite entertaining. The players could be doing different things in the scene depending on their personality. For example, determined players are celebrating intensely, jovial players are laughing, high flair/agility players are dancing, strong players are beating their chest, professional players are restrained in their celebrations and remaining composed, the manager has his arm around a young player, etc. It all helps to bring the personalities alive a bit more.

-- When a scout is reporting back from another country with an assignment update, have a postcard style picture of that country in the background, just to help create the mood of their location.

-- On the Tactics page, when you click on the players name under the 'Player' column, the RDS column is not the default priority column in the popup window, when it should be, because all you want to know is 'who is the most RDS appropriate player in the list to choose?' Also, the scrolling bar should always automatically reset to the top in this popup window, otherwise you keep having to scroll back up to the top to find out who is the most RDS relevant backup player to select.

-- Backroom Advice. Ive never understood why during the season the coaches continually advise to play 442 for the next game, when at the start of the season they advised that the best formations based on the players at the club were not the 442 formations?

-- Backroom Advice. Why do the coaches keep recommending different tactis and formations from the prevous game? Its not possible to train the team in all the many different styles that the coaches are recommending, because there are only 3 tactics slots available. How am I supposed to train the squad to learn all the different tactical styles that the coaches keep recommending for each new game?!

-- There are 3 slots for tactics. Are we supposed to select the same formation for each slot, with each slot simply holding a variation of that formation e.g. slot1: 442 attacking, slot 2: 442 defensive, slot 3: 442 balanced? Or are we supposed to actually put different formations in each slot eg. slot 1: 442 balanced, slot 2: 4231 attacking, slot 3: 451 defensive?

-- Its very difficult to get the club to agree to send a coach on a coaching course, why is it so difficult to do this when it is something the club would benefit hugely from relatively little cost? It also prevents the ability for the player to develop their staff skills, which is a an enjoyable part of the gameplay.

-- When scouts send competition report updates, include an age column in the list, so we can see which players are not worth scouting because they are too old.

-- Create a way to find out, post-game, how an opposition team have just played (tactically). Sometimes I play against an opposition and think that I want to know how they are set up, because i liked their style of play, and I want to try to replicate it for my own team. But I dont know the roles that the computer AI used for each of their players. Surely after youve finished a game against an opposition team, your coaches would know what the oppositions roles were from close hand observation?

-- Attribute change history for staff would be good so you can see how they have developed after going on a coaching course or from natural increases over time.

-- Ability to nurse an injured player to halftime in order to attmpt some medical treatment on him in the locker room so that he can make it through the second half, e.g. have an option for physio to inject medication during halftime interval.

-- Pitch flares thrown onto the pitch during big games, would look amazing and add atmosphere and test players concentration and bravery attributes. Also streakers would add some fun and test players concentration levels too!

-- Pitch invasions after winning big games, and attempts in the press conference afterwards for the manager to appeal to fans for calm - could open up a whole new gameplay idea based around crowd control and keeping the fans volatility managed, and fines for failing to do so. If a team is playing poorly, will they pitch invade? If a player scores a late goal in a big game, there should be a crazy fan running on the pitch to celebrate with the player!

-- Pre-game press conferences should display the location of the upcoming game (home or away) so that you can instantly know whether you should be confidient or more cautious in your answers. Currently the title bar states 'Location: Your Stadiums name', even if the game is an away game!

-- Prozone analysis is currently really messy. Its just too detailed, too intimidating, too complex to understand, too fiddly with too many options. Needs to be simplified and boiled down to key things, or at least have customised pre-sets that select multiple criteria for you with one-click.

-- On counter attacks if its two attackers vs one defender, the dribbler will attempt to play a through ball to his team-mate too soon, which allows the defender to make a simple interception. In real life, the dribbler would carry the ball forward as far as he could and this would draw the defender towards him, at which point he would make the through-pass to his unmarked teammate who would then have a clear run on goal.

-- On the 'Comparison' menu, selecting the option 'Compare with', then selecting your teams name, shows a list of your players. This list of players is long and unorganised making it difficult to find the player you want to select. The list should be organised into headed sections, such as Defenders, Midfielders, Attackers. The same situation applies to Staff comparisons, the list should be categorised according to Scout, Coach, Manager, etc. This would make it much easier and friendlier to quickly find the player you need to select from the list.

-- What is up with John Terry's staff attributes? They should not be set to 1 for 'Attacking coaching'. Terry was one of the best ball playing defenders in English football history, he was able to bring the ball out of defence with composure and dribble very well. He also scored many goals for a defender, and clearly has an excellent understanding of attacking compared to the average centreback. And his motivating attribute is '3'? The man who was club and England captain, who's team always played worse when he wasnt in the starting 11, who every manager he's ever had called him an inspiration, who was mentally a supremely professional competitor, never riled or complained? I think he deserves better scores.

-- Player Profile screen. The option under 'Highlight key attributes for role' keeps turning itself off randomly. It should be possible to have it permanently turned on.

-- When weighing up whether to buy a player, you may feel that a player can be trained to play in a brand new position because his attributes suggest he would be a good fit. However, it is not possible to highlight the key attibutes for a position he is not yet trained in, meaning you cant easily check his attributes for that potential new position.

-- When comparing two players attributes side by side, it is possible to highlight a role so you can see which of the two players best suits a role. However, the highlight is only shown in one colour, meaning you cant differentitate between key attributes and preferable attributes.

-- Phil Jones (DC, DM, MC) would not tutor Lewis Cook (DM, MC), saying they dont play in the same position, despite the players sharing multiple positions.

-- Should defenders who play in Left-back position be able to tutor youngsters who play in Right-back position? Isnt the role identical?

-- Clubs will not negotiate on the monthly fees or wages required to loan one of their players. Surely they would be willing to consider some sort of financial negotiation, especially if their player is just sitting in the reserves?

-- Setting up a custom filter for my scouts, I need a way to display which countries they have knowledge of. Currently there is no criteria that lets you do this.

-- Luis Suarez. Work rate 16, Anticipation 16, Off the Ball 16. These should be much higher, Suarez is one of the hardest working most relentless players ever. His movement is exceptional and his anticipation is brilliant. He should be at a Messi/Ronaldo level. Just because he doesnt break the Messi/Ronaldo player of the year award (due to sporting politics) doesnt mean he isnt as good as those guys. Even Messi said he felt it was ridiculous that Suarez didnt get into the top 3.

-- If I loan a player to an affiliate, and he isnt getting games, there should be a way to complain or to ask the manager to play him more, especially if the club stated that he would be a key player beforehand.

-- When I have a throw in near the opposition goal, my striker always seems to go short at the near post. This is despite setting the set piece instructions differently (433 formation).

-- Set pieces. Is a way to organise your saved tactics according to formation?

-- Loan report. The columns show Loan Happiness but they dont show the players General happiness which is what you need to know in case they need a morale boost.

-- Team Report. On the 'Comparison' page there should be a way to filter out the lesser players in your squad which are dragging down your average scores. My starting midfielders have excellent passing attributes, but they are rated worst in the division for passing due to having a number of youth players in the team. If you could include a filter such as 'only include players over age 21' or only players above 'Rotation' status, or with a value over £1Million, that would help.

-- During a live game, I set the replay option to 'Great chances' and use the camera angle 'behind goal'. However if the great chance falls to the opposition in front of my goal, the camera is positioned all the way at the other end of the pitch behind the wrong goal, so the action is far away and not useful. Can the 'behind goal' camera automatically select the most appropriate goal for the 'Great chance' so that the action is close to the camera and not at the other end of the pitch?

-- Squad page. I want to setup a custom filter that shows a players rating for just the last game played, but there is no criteria for this, only average rating for the last five matches. I could potentially use the last five games criteria, but you have to move the mouse over the little graphic bar to read the rating for the last game, and this is really fiddly, especially when you want to compare last game ratings for each of your players.

I would like a "set for renewal"-option just as the "set for release" one. I make my DoF responsible for contract renewals, but I hate that he offers to players I would rather sell. So the option to tell him which players to offer contracts to and which to offload, would be nice.

Also, the offers coming in on players are ridiculous. If a club wants to buy key players, it should be prepared to offer at least his estimated value plus add ons. In previous FMs the offers were to high and unrealistic, but the revamp is just to aggresive.

1. Stop the goal rush once and for all! Countless of time I´ve experienced that the opponent has scored just after my own team scored. It´s so frustrating and unrealistic when it happens in every third match I play. Furthermore I need more realistic passes, ball control, crossing and finishing in the match engine. Almost every time one of my players gets in one-one with the keeper the miss the chance to score a goal regardless the players level of attributes. It pains me to mention. But this It´s old sticking problems that I´ve hoped for to be improved!

2. Realistic prices! I understand that some players have a higher value deepening on which club and league the are representing. But I have often experienced that mediocre players under contract in major clubs such as Man Utd, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich value is too high and therefore is nearly impossible to sign for smaller clubs.

3. This leads up to my third request, which includes player transfers AGAIN. How can it be that a star player like Paulo Dybała in the beginning of his Glorious career says he will consider a transfer move from Juventus to a German mediocre like Hamburg in German Bundesliga? It is extremely unrealistic and would never happen in reality. What will be next then? Paul Pogba set to sign for Empoli just because the improved their reputations during the last few season(in the game)?

I´ve often experienced that when a star player like Paul Pogba or another play at his level decide finally decides the want to take the next step in their carrier the end up signing with a smaller club in another league etc. Tottenham because Tottenham may just had won the Premier Leauge and improved their reputation. But it does not change that he would never dream to move from a club like Juventus to a club like Tottenham right now. Had it been Man Utd , Man city or Barcelona it would seem a bit more realistic.

PLEASE improve this in FM17.

4. Establishment of football youth academies like FC Barcelona´s La masia . I miss that one opppotunity to start an academy to develop once talents.

5. More random drawing in cup tournaments. It simply can´t be a coincidence that I've drawn the same teams over and over again in cup tournaments as I´m just about to face in the same team in the next league match as well(its always in the match just before or after the cup match). For example, I face Stoke City in the Premier league match just before I face them in the FA Cup as well. Of course it happens in reality too, but not as often as in Football Manager.

6. More varied stadium designs in the match engine. It could be really cool if we could be allowed to decide our own stadium design exactly as one can design his own manager profile or mascot for that matter in the upcoming FM17. I think it needs a breath of fresh air. Especially, the lack of stadiums with running tracks or in gerneral just stadiums in oval shape as we see with the Olympic stadiums in Rome, Berlin, London, Moscow and so on. Lots of clubs are actually play in these type of stadium. Torino FC, Real Mallorca. The list is wide and long. Beside would it be nice if you got the rights to include the most famous stadiums i FM. Such as Camp Nou, San Siro, Wembley and Allianz Arena... Last but not least, make sure that larger clubs with stadium with stand(like Villa Park) actually play in this these shape of stadiums in the Match engines. Aston villa does not play in an arena shaped stadium but in a stadium with four stands. The same can be said for AS Roma with the Olympic stadium (although the will soon build a new arena) But probably get my point.

Be able to send a compliment to the football associations!.

The possibility of appeal opposing player, coach or match referee to the Football Association. For example FA or UEFA deepening on the situation,

By contrast, should football association be able to give you a fine or penalties for spectator fights during the match or if you as a manager misbehave in the media/press against UEFA and so on.

Furthermore. I find it annoying that there is no possibility of holding teamtalks with his team before the game before the game 3-4 matches. Right now there just by there is no appropriate occasions to arrange team talks. But that's 100 percent up to the manager to decide when it is appropriate, in my opinion.

I really hope just will put some of my suggestions into the next game! Thank you

1. Stop the goal rush once and for all! Countless of time I´ve experienced that the opponent has scored just after my own team scored. It´s so frustrating and unrealistic when it happens in every third match I play. Furthermore I need more realistic passes, ball control, crossing and finishing in the match engine. Almost every time one of my players gets in one-one with the keeper the miss the chance to score a goal regardless the players level of attributes. It pains me to mention. But this It´s old sticking problems that I´ve hoped for to be improved!

2. Realistic prices! I understand that some players have a higher value deepening on which club and league the are representing. But I have often experienced that mediocre players under contract in major clubs such as Man Utd, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich value is too high and therefore is nearly impossible to sign for smaller clubs.

3. This leads up to my third request, which includes player transfers AGAIN. How can it be that a star player like Paulo Dybała in the beginning of his Glorious career says he will consider a transfer move from Juventus to a German mediocre like Hamburg in German Bundesliga? It is extremely unrealistic and would never happen in reality. What will be next then? Paul Pogba set to sign for Empoli just because the improved their reputations during the last few season(in the game)?

I´ve often experienced that when a star player like Paul Pogba or another play at his level decide finally decides the want to take the next step in their carrier the end up signing with a smaller club in another league etc. Tottenham because Tottenham may just had won the Premier Leauge and improved their reputation. But it does not change that he would never dream to move from a club like Juventus to a club like Tottenham right now. Had it been Man Utd , Man city or Barcelona it would seem a bit more realistic.

4. Establishment of football youth academies like FC Barcelona´s La masia . I miss that one opppotunity to start an academy to develop once talents.

5. More random drawing in cup tournaments. It simply can´t be a coincidence that I've drawn the same teams over and over again in cup tournaments as I´m just about to face in the same team in the next league match as well(its always in the match just before or after the cup match). For example, I face Stoke City in the Premier league match just before I face them in the FA Cup as well. Of course it happens in reality too, but not as often as in Football Manager.

6. More varied stadium designs in the match engine. It could be really cool if we could be allowed to decide our own stadium design exactly as one can design his own manager profile or mascot for that matter in the upcoming FM17. I think it needs a breath of fresh air. Especially, the lack of stadiums with running tracks or in gerneral just stadiums in oval shape as we see with the Olympic stadiums in Rome, Berlin, London, Moscow and so on. Lots of clubs are actually play in these type of stadium. Torino FC, Real Mallorca. The list is wide and long. Beside would it be nice if you got the rights to include the most famous stadiums i FM. Such as Camp Nou, San Siro, Wembley and Allianz Arena... Last but not least, make sure that larger clubs with stadium with stand(like Villa Park) actually play in this these shape of stadiums in the Match engines. Aston villa does not play in an arena shaped stadium but in a stadium with four stands. The same can be said for AS Roma with the Olympic stadium (although the will soon build a new arena) But probably get my point.

The possibility of appeal opposing player, coach or match referee to the Football Association. For example FA or UEFA deepening on the situation,

By contrast, should football association be able to give you a fine or penalties for spectator fights during the match or if you as a manager misbehave in the media/press against UEFA and so on.

Furthermore. I find it annoying that there is no possibility of holding teamtalks with his team before the game before the game 3-4 matches. Right now there just by there is no appropriate occasions to arrange team talks. But that's 100 percent up to the manager to decide when it is appropriate, in my opinion.

I really hope just will put some of my suggestions into the next game! Thank you

A few of these aren't really wishes, and a few don't really make sense.

1. I've very, very rarely seen this happen. There is nothing in the ME that would say "one team's scored, better make the other score". It's perception bias - you'll notice it happening, then not really notice when it doesn't. If it's genuinely happening every third game, I'd like to see that.

2. Do you mean actual value that you see on the player screen, or asking price? If it's the former, then it's a function of a few things. Contract length, salary, etc etc. Don't really see any issue with it, as it's pretty cosmetic. If it's the latter, then this has been gone over a million times. If a team doesn't want to sell, they'll quote a ridiculous amount. This was brought in because users complained that every player has a price. It's their way of saying he's not for sale, unless you give me a billion pounds (or whatever they quote you). With negotiation, it's pretty easy to knock prices down considerably too.

3. You're contradicting yourself. You're saying no high rep player would go to lower rep team, as it's unrealistic. Fair enough. But then you're saying that those teams have boosted their rep and won competitions. As soon as you start a game it ceases to mirror reality, and a few years down the line it's easy to see high profile players going to teams that wouldn't get them now. Pogba is rumoured to be going to Man Utd, and that's hardly the best move for him right now, is it? Is that unrealistic? If there's specific examples in game you're probably better raising them as bugs, but nothing you've said there seems particularly wrong without seeing the moving parts behind it.

4. You already can build a youth academy, by improving the one you have. All this suggestion would do would be naming it. Improve your youth facilities to the top level, there you go.

5. Again, I've seen this reported, but I've honestly never experienced it in any cup draws. Again, it's probably one you should raise as a bug, rather than just say "improve it". If it is indeed not coincidence, then the only way they'll fix it is with worked examples.

More realistic ball physics when it is blocked by players or hits the posts. At the moment they currently act like brick walls bouncing the ball straight back at the shooter some 75% of the time. I think you find this rarely happens in real life, as there are very few hard 90 degree surfaces on a human or a goal post.

A part that could be certainly be improved upon, is the data visualization part in the analysis tab after the game.

I mean the stats are great and useful for us geeks, but sometimes the visualization can be hindering to the understanding of what happened in the game (excluding the average position heatmap, that's great).

What I would really like to see, for example, are graphs like this one :

CmZIwE7XYAAw80v.jpg:large

Under 17 teams: this would benefit a lot several leagues (Italy, Germany...) and would be really cool to have U17 FIFA World Cup in the game.

Support for WQHD and UHD resolutions, with options to resize text and icons.

Tweak scouting assignments. If I want my scouts to only look at players under 25 then I have to deselect their assignment and start over.

In fact if I want to scout the same tournament with multiple scouts I have to do the same thing over and over. I want to click a tournament, then choose multiple scouts, not repeat the process over and over.

I can comment on item 6, I raised the same question a while ago and was informed that SI do not have the rights to any stadiums so to avoid any complaints from clubs the stadiums are chosen at random with the only consideration being size so any similarity to the real stadium is by accident

Here are my suggestions:

1) New staff - Gardener (affect pitch quality), psychologist (affect player morale and possibly mental stats), marketing manager (affect sponsoring, shirt sales).

2) More detailed information about Merchandising - I sometime see that a free agent player will grant me millions in shirts but that information is not displayed anywhere else other than the report tab of the said player.

3) Ability to have a contract pre-drafted for agents who ask you to provide a first offer (by your assistant manager for example).

4) The ability to have multiple shortlists. Example: I keep tabs of the development of a few hundred of players. Of thoses hundred of players, I spot maybe 10 that could be worldclass, I'd like to be able to keep them on another shortlist. Could also be used for many other purposes.

5) Youth Academies. You did it in Football Manager Live and although it was not perfect, I felt it was a really nice addition. Top clubs could build academies in foreign countries in exchange for youth intakes.

6) Youth Development/intake specialization. Choose which profile you would like to generate from your academies (strong, technical, defensive, offensive profiles). It would increase the number of youths that fits this profile.

Also there are too many good players that leave their clubs and become free agents. I can always get players that cost dozens of millions on a free transfer each year (and I am often the only one interested in them).

I'm not bothered about stadium design, as listed above, but what annoys me is the really naff banners with the home team name on them.

They are very basic and unprofessional, like a kid has drawn them. They look so out of place, especially in a modern stadium.

I'm not bothered about stadium design, as listed above, but what annoys me is the really naff banners with the home team name on them.

They are very basic and unprofessional, like a kid has drawn them. They look so out of place, especially in a modern stadium.

I agree they should the clubs nickname and colours such as come on you reds/blues etc

Hello,

I dont know if my suggestion for the next FM was already done, but this is:

I would like that you add the possibility of negociate the sponsors, and diferent types of sponsors, for the fabric of the t-shirts (Adidas, Nike, Puma...), the principal sponsor (Fly Emirates, Vodafone, Mercedes...) and sponsors for Stadiums (Microsoft, Qatar...).

If you cant do this by the cost of use real sponsors, you could use your own brands (Sports Interactive...) and the rest of the work will be make by our great community of modders :)

And ofcourse, you could receive better sponsors offers in the pre-seasson if you made well your work las seasson.

I know it's difficult to read my suggestion to all that there is already written, but if you arrive to read, please try to add this more economic partly to the game, at least as an option, because the players we like management games we love.

Thank you so much!

How about having the 'preferred squad number' feature actually mean something?

Players with certain personalities throwing a wobbly over not getting their preferred number, perhaps?

Probably already suggested but...

Give me the ability to alter (or at least re-roll) the hairstyles/looks of newgen players. It gets real infuriating when that 18 year old wonderkid is stuck with a pornstache, a horrible combover, or looks like a complete and total 8-Ball.

Or the best striker in the world is stuck looking like Tobey Maguire from Spiderman...

OOTP (I know, not a SI game anymore) has the functionality to re-roll a players entire looks, or just alter their (facial-)hair at your hearts content when you feel that the guy doesn't look 'right'. This would be a godsend for people that go far into games and will be playing with full-newgen worlds. And it would at least lessen the pain when the next Ronaldo looks like a pedophile, or when some tinpot player is running around with a ginger topknot. Because you'd be able to change it up.

Nothing earth-shattering, nothing engine-breaking, just a quality of life addition to polish the game even further.

Hi Guys

Firstly let me say love the series have been playing it since i was 8 back in the old old CM days, last year you made an improvement to the corner/free kick routines, I would love you to go one better this season and allow custom movement of the players in the box, ie as you see from some corners in the modern game theres often a 'crowd scene' where 3 or 4 players are bunched at the edge of the box then they break to attack the goal, I would also like to be able to place a player where I want him to start or atleast finish, ie a dart to the near post like eric dier does for my beloved spurs.

Keep up the good work lads, looking forward to FM17

There are a few suggestions I would have for this year.

I think that social media hasnt been in some way incorporated into the game is a shame. The modern game is full of players posting cyptic tweets, idiotic tweets, rants and other stuff online. It should be reflected in the game also and linked with the players in game personality perhaps?

I think the fans are fairly basic in the game. Fans are happy when you win, unhappy if you get hammered and thats pretty much it. There should be fan protests, forums where fans post and your secretary makes you aware of and maybe in the sounds the fans booing when a disliked player gets on the ball and other things.

Stadiums need a big boost in terms of atmosphere I think. Every single match in every stadium of a certain size has the same level of cheering. Stadiums that are renowned for their atmosphere and noise should be felt through the game. Playing against atletico and the noise being deafening for example would be a nice touch.

Player personalities should have far more of an effect on players at the club, fans and the dressing room. In games you can sign barton, balotelli etc etc and I dont think there is any noticeable effect in game.

Just a few suggestions

I can comment on item 6, I raised the same question a while ago and was informed that SI do not have the rights to any stadiums so to avoid any complaints from clubs the stadiums are chosen at random with the only consideration being size so any similarity to the real stadium is by accident

Fair play.

Why not include a 'Stadium Editor' though. The stadiums are generated from different 'parts' clearly so why not have a simple editor with drop-down menus for the different stadium elements and then we can design our own. Then people can share their stadiums on Steam. It would add that bit of immersion; I, for one, love that all the Premier League stadiums are licensed in the latest FIFA.

Kind of like how the Premier League clubs aren't licensed, but I've edited-in the photos and logos for those teams. And like how a certain national team can be included in the game by...doing that thing...you know that thing you have to do whenever you install the game before starting a new save...

I aim for a fine tuning of contribution of different players to the results of the teams.

In this edition, the right back has a huge impact on the results of the team, in the past edition was the same with forwards.

I think that when are conducted tests on the ME, it's really important to balance the contribution of different players to the final results of the team. It is enough to simulate seasons with full details and slow process to detect anomalies (as this year happened with right back).

In a team the contribution of a player in a certain position should be 1/11 of the final result, this year right backs have much more than such impact...

Homegrown status view

In addition to the due date for a player reaching HG in club/nation, how about an extra field showing how many spare days they have to reach this? It's a pain having to look at their d.o.b. to figure out how many spare days/months he has in which you might want to loan him out.

Archived