What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

I'd like press conferences to include "Popovich" tone:

Seriously though, I'd like the stats screens on players to include greater detail. OK, so my central defender averages 9.6 interceptions per game; where does that place him in comparison to the rest of the division or (more to the point) the average defender in the division. Right now I have to go back between the player screen and the competition screen to try to figure it out, and even then I can only determine his absolute ranking, not whether it's better or worse than average.

(or if that is possible, I haven't found it)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lastly, this is probably going to be unpopular, but I think the stats are too precise. A rating out of 20 is unrealistic, and personally I'd prefer something more vague. For example, i've probably seen Kyle Walker play about 50 times in my life, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to rate him out of 20 for anticipation, stamina, bravery, beyond anything other than descriptive words like 'excellent' or 'very good'. If you want to make a realistic management game, this would be the way to do it, rather than scouting a player and seeing a mark of 14 for anticipation and thinking 'hmm, I really need someone with 15 or above'.

You can turn on graphical display if you don't like the numbers, but they're a lot easier to work with that 5 or 6 different phrases would be when applied to every player in every professional football league in the world.

You can turn on graphical display if you don't like the numbers, but they're a lot easier to work with that 5 or 6 different phrases would be when applied to every player in every professional football league in the world.

are you talking about the 'fog of war' option, or is this something else?

I guess I'm just kind of tired of FM doing the same things every year, I wish there was a different management to challenge it, as at the moment I feel like FM doesn't need to do anything as they're the only game in town, so to speak. Years ago there would lots of different management games with different features, but that's sadly not the case any more.

Try the view that I linked in my post.

What swansgongs' referencing is a setting in the UI preferences to display attributes as a bar, it still has the same 1-20 scale but without focusing it's tougher to spot the difference between a 14 or 15 value, my option takes that knowledge away & groups attributes into fields.

Can we please have an option to look at the league rules of a league you want to start a career in before creating the database. I don't want to create a database and then find out the league rules, so having an option prior to league creation would be very helpful.

regards

fmfan74

Cloud based gaming would be good. When I'm away from home at work or something it would be really nice to have an app where I could player search or save a match for analysis and just replay the match on my phone. Or an app that lets you look through your squad, look at player profiles see how they're getting on and maybe some pre-match analysis of the next opponent so that when I come home I've had them scouted and I've pre planned my tactics from my phone.

I've been hoping for a phone app that links with your saved game for a while now and would definitely pay money for it as I am sure a lot of hardcore fans of the series would...we need fm wherever we go and not all of us can carry around tablets!

Sports Interactive should make a golf manager or a cricket manager both sports are popular with many people

Golf Manager would be ridiculous because it's very much a solo sport. I'd love to see them do an NFL version of the game but I know licensing is an issue with that. Cricket would be ok I guess as well.

Cricket Captain used to be an excellent management sim, I haven't played it in a number of years though so not sure how it stacks up these days.

Cricket Captain used to be an excellent management sim, I haven't played it in a number of years though so not sure how it stacks up these days.

I haven't owned one since about 2011 but a friend of mine let me borrow last years version. It's good and it has the right ideas but it doesn't have the depth of FM. There's a lack of fan and board input and it's very much based on how good their batting/bowling averages are as to whether you should play them. The 2015 version was lots better than the older ones and each format of the game seems to have been separated out more. I remember before it was hard in the T20 format to post big scores because the mentalities of batsmen was the same as in a 4 day game. Now you get more boundaries by default which is nice. There's plenty of potential in the game.

It has occurred to me that the game could be more immersive if the relationships within the game could be more dynamic.

For example, a player naturally generates relationships with players and Managers, good or bad, just by playing the game, and in set piece press conferences there are limited responses you can make, if asked about those relationships. However, either pre-game or by using the in-game editor you can create your own relationships, favourite player, disliked club etc. The problem is that the game does not recognise or respond to those relationships. In my case, I list my favourite team as Hayes & Yeading, (currently performing poorly in the Vanarama South). As Spurs manager, I go and watch one of their games, and afterwards up comes a message saying I was seen at the game, but know one had a clue why. If the relationships were linked, the response would be that, for example, he is known as a life long supporter of the club and goes to their games whenever his busy schedule allows, similar to the response you currently get in the game if you go and watch your country play.

Similarly, if one of my strong relationships is a fellow Manager, I should be approached from time to time to comment on his success, sacking etc. If I am successful perhaps up will pop a message from, let's say, Arsene Wenger, saying well done for winning the FA Cup with Spurs this season,:lol: or sacked, a message of commiseration. The human manager could also generate his own contact with a friendly manager. I'm not suggesting that you should be able to contact every player who ever liked you, but if the relationship is particularly strong with a manager this type of contact would add to the game.

So basically, the game should recognise your relationships, and generate responses and reactions to those relationships.

I don't know how difficult, technically, this would be, but it would, in my view, add more realism and fun to the game.

Manager

- Option to create a player history before you start a game would be great.

- Option to send yourself on a language course, which would come out of your own wages.

Interaction

- I'd like Rebranding to be added to the meeting subjects in Board Requests. Under this we could request to change the club logo, kit colours or stadium name.

- Not sure if this is already in, but if a player dives I wanted to be able to speak to him about it or discipline him.

- A few years ago we could speak about managers, commenting on their transfers, award wins, etc. I want that brought back, instead of having to wait for the media to ask me.

- We need to able to talk about referees more, it hardly ever comes up in press conferences. We should be able to go to their profile, select interaction and praise/criticise them for various things like penalty decisions, card decisions, number of fouls awarded, etc. If it results in a fine or ban, so be it.

Morale

- First of all, Christmas parties need to be in and they should lift morale. If the team isn't performing, then we can cancel them, which might upset some players but could also have a positive affect too.

- People talk about spending wages on houses, yachts, etc. but that's just silly imo. Spending it on a dinner or some other activity with your team to improve morale or your relationship with the players, that could be useful.

- Someone else mentioned the preferred squad number, and I agree, it should boost a player's morale if you give him the shirt.

Other

- Speaking of squad numbers, a lot of people don't like this but I think the option to retire one should be there.

- I suspect most of the big issues with the ME have been covered in this thread, one small thing I'd really like to see is the skill animations brought back. I miss the stepovers :(

- I'd like a bit more controversy added to the game. We have players turning up late to training, but I want to see smoking, gambling & partying scandals. Just give me more reasons to fine players.

1) When you get your loan report if the players could be separated based on the league they are playing in. That would be helpful in determining who I should be taking a harder look at.

i.e My loan player at Bradford in League 2. It's not as important that I keep track of how he's travelling. However my striker at Championship side Norwich who is killing it midseason and might do well to be introduced into my first team...

Strictly just ease of use this request is.

2) With all the proposals that come in for loan and transfer. Can we have an option to reject loan requests where the player is going to be anything less then a first teamer. At present you can only reject all proposals.

I like to see altitude affecting away team players condition in South America(Bolivia, Eduador and etc). Away team players will start the game with -5 to -10 off their match condition or their match condition should drain faster than the home team.

Secondly, teams who played on artificial turf should have a higher risk of getting injured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_turf#Injuries

Two good ideas that would add the level of realism without most users even realising they were part of the game code.

Might be worth finding data related to Soccer for the injury suggestion, Wiki only refers to research of NFL injuries & let's be honest the risk of injury is already significantly higher a sport where the primary object is full contact.

I think it'd be a great feature to be able to see more than one game at once.

It's the last fixture of the season and you're depending on other results.

While you play your match you're dying to see the other games, it'd be great to have a "multiple screen" feature.

2 things: Finance management.

If I sell a player for 60 million pounds, I should have a say on where the money goes. For example, let's take 20% of that to invest it in our youth facilities, another 20% to invest in the team's training facilities, and balance a higher wage budget if necessary. The rest you can choose to leave in the team's bank or you can choose to keep it yourself to keep investing. This is something that needs to be addressed. Sometimes it seems my own board can't handle the revenue my team generates.

The youth system needs to be completely revamped:

If you want to establish a culture like Ajax, Barcelona, or Arsenal, this aspect needs to be completely reconstructed.

1. We need to be able to have schools in different parts of the world to gather talent from all over the world. Your club finances should also be affected by the maintenance of these schools you have around the world.

2. The reporting you receive on your players. As it stands, it is very poor. I have 5 star heads of youth development that tells me to "keep an eye on a player" that's truly awful. The parameter shouldn't be the rest of my youth intake, it should be in comparison to every other teams in the league intakes. For example, are my players good in comparison to Man U, Arsenal, or Liverpool's intake. This way you really trust your staff's advice and it's more precise as well.

3. Your reputation should play a strong factor in your recruitment. Many kids grow up knowing that they want to join such teams as Barcelona, Man U, etc. If you develop a World Class reputation as a manager and your team gains a World Class reputation with State of Art facilities, it should be something that younger generations take into cosinderation when choosing youth programs.

4. Program reputation: just like Italian youth programs focus strongly on physical, defensive football, while you have others that focus just on youth and potential, you should be able to develop your program's culture. Do we want a program that's famous for developing players that know how to play in specific systems? Do we just develop talent, regardless of their characteristics or "natural fit" to the system? Do we favor technically gifted youngsters over phyisically gifted ones? Etc.

5. Assistant Manager (HOYD) (DOF) advice: this is key, and it needs to evolve. If we have a wonderkid's that's completely dominating the U21 ranks, we should receive daily reports on this, along with detailed stats, to later decide whether or not this player should receive a chance in the first team. This is what staff members should recommend, for example.

How about more Chairman personalities. Russian Billionaires wanting there mates in the side, Italians who sack the manager because he doesn't like the tie he wears or Chinese business man who want to change the colour of the club kit or rename them Manchester Maulers

Would still love to see a 60s, 70s & 80s version of this game.

First I would like to introduce, I'm Matej and I from the Croatian. I apologize for some grammatical errors and I hope it will help so much in the future. I believe as you all on this forum like me that you are big fans of video games. I play this game from the first edition and every year has its improvements, so in the next edition I hope it will be there and some of my advice.

MANAGER

1. Coaching qualifications

If at the beginning we start with the example of the National C License, after a certain period of time we decide to go on Coaching Course in at their own expense with their salary or, club pay that.

So at every next level of transition from one license to another get some video instructions on how to properly treat players, tactics, transfer policy, and more. So with these videos get some new things and build your personal game mentality. That through this video, we learn what tactics should be used if you want to play attacking football, which the instructions should be used, how to play with a small outsider club, which players need to bring and so on.

2. Language

If you want to train club in Spain, that in his expense go to the Spanish course. If we want to build a good relationship with the players and understanding of the players. It's not the same if we say something players than when they translator says, is not the same passion

3. Personality

There should be at the beginning to define your personality. Something similar as you want to be friends with their players or to be strictly professional and rigorous coach.

ASSISTANT MANAGER, RESERVE MANAGER, COACHES, SCOUTS AND PHYSIOS

1. Your own manager or agency

At the beginning you should choose a personal manager who will who will represent us and allows you looking more engagement in a club. After it was found we would go to job interviews we choose. That manager will negotiate our contract and salary and bonuses

2. Assembling of his own staff

At the beginning of the game we should be allowed to self-assemble their personal coaching staff who will follow us in every club. Staff would consist of just the one, an assistant coach, scout, psychologist or whatever we choose.

INTRODUCTION

1. Chairman

First introduction with the club where boss will led us through the history of the club through the titles, famous players and coaches and so on.

2. Introduction to players

Then introduced to the players in training, and after the presentation I met with the situation at the club, finance, players, loan and so on

TRAINING

1. Training overall

First that we have complete control over training. we decide clicking on the day and there will be choose when and how they will be held daily.

For example. Click on Monday - Put training in the morning from 9 to 11, and here we choose what we're going to do that day, attack, defense, fitness ... then put the training in the evening from 16-18 and again that we choose the intensity of training optional.

2. Team meeting

There should be an option in the day when he called a meeting at which the players presented the objective of the training that day or if the upcoming matches where they have shown their flaws that scouts and coaches the remark.

TEAM BUILDING

1. Chemistry

The most important part of all. with his team to create a chemistry to enjoy the game and training. after the victory or defeat of going out to dinner or something. Lifting chemistry for example that there is a bet if a player scored a goal to pay for dinner or something

TRANSFER

1. Meeting about transfer

The sale or buying should given to more attention. At the beginning of the season for stacking team there should be an option to meet all the coaches, scouts and to discuss about the players to buy or sell. so that everyone advises some players and we decide ourselves to be purchased.

ACCESSORIES

1. Editor for changes of shirts every year

OWNER MODE

1. Buying or establishing a new club something like Create-a-Club mode

And that's all from me. There are other ideas but I can't remember them anymore now. Maybe someone before had some similar or the same idea in that case I apologize I did't read the previous proposals.

My replies are in bold

First I would like to introduce, I'm Matej and I from the Croatian. I apologize for some grammatical errors and I hope it will help so much in the future. I believe as you all on this forum like me that you are big fans of video games. I play this game from the first edition and every year has its improvements, so in the next edition I hope it will be there and some of my advice.

MANAGER

1. Coaching qualifications

If at the beginning we start with the example of the National C License, after a certain period of time we decide to go on Coaching Course in at their own expense with their salary or, club pay that.

So at every next level of transition from one license to another get some video instructions on how to properly treat players, tactics, transfer policy, and more. So with these videos get some new things and build your personal game mentality. That through this video, we learn what tactics should be used if you want to play attacking football, which the instructions should be used, how to play with a small outsider club, which players need to bring and so on. You already get to choose your qualifications and I don't really get the benefit of videos.

2. Language

If you want to train club in Spain, that in his expense go to the Spanish course. If we want to build a good relationship with the players and understanding of the players. It's not the same if we say something players than when they translator says, is not the same passion. You do learn the language when you manage in a different country. I'm not entirely sure if you can go on a language training course as I tend not to venture outside of England.

3. Personality

There should be at the beginning to define your personality. Something similar as you want to be friends with their players or to be strictly professional and rigorous coach. Not a bad idea. I guess you kind of get to choose this when you choose your attributes and it does develop over time though.

ASSISTANT MANAGER, RESERVE MANAGER, COACHES, SCOUTS AND PHYSIOS

1. Your own manager or agency

At the beginning you should choose a personal manager who will who will represent us and allows you looking more engagement in a club. After it was found we would go to job interviews we choose. That manager will negotiate our contract and salary and bonuses. Personally I don't think this has much bearing on my saves. I wouldn't get much from this

2. Assembling of his own staff

At the beginning of the game we should be allowed to self-assemble their personal coaching staff who will follow us in every club. Staff would consist of just the one, an assistant coach, scout, psychologist or whatever we choose. Not a bad idea. At least getting to choose your favoured personnel would be good. I don't often see examples of coaches moving on with me so I'd like to see more of this.

INTRODUCTION

1. Chairman

First introduction with the club where boss will led us through the history of the club through the titles, famous players and coaches and so on. Pretty sure this happens already

2. Introduction to players

Then introduced to the players in training, and after the presentation I met with the situation at the club, finance, players, loan and so on apAgain, pretty sure this happens.

TRAINING

1. Training overall

First that we have complete control over training. we decide clicking on the day and there will be choose when and how they will be held daily.

For example. Click on Monday - Put training in the morning from 9 to 11, and here we choose what we're going to do that day, attack, defense, fitness ... then put the training in the evening from 16-18 and again that we choose the intensity of training optional. I do think the training does need a complete overhaul because it's a huge part of football management yet I don't really get to have much say in it.

2. Team meeting

There should be an option in the day when he called a meeting at which the players presented the objective of the training that day or if the upcoming matches where they have shown their flaws that scouts and coaches the remark. I see where you are coming from with this and it's an interesting thought.

TEAM BUILDING

1. Chemistry

The most important part of all. with his team to create a chemistry to enjoy the game and training. after the victory or defeat of going out to dinner or something. Lifting chemistry for example that there is a bet if a player scored a goal to pay for dinner or something. This is something that gets mentioned a lot and would be an interesting addition. Not sure how it would be integrated though.

TRANSFER

1. Meeting about transfer

The sale or buying should given to more attention. At the beginning of the season for stacking team there should be an option to meet all the coaches, scouts and to discuss about the players to buy or sell. so that everyone advises some players and we decide ourselves to be purchased. This happens in the back room advice meetings as far as I know

ACCESSORIES

1. Editor for changes of shirts every year

OWNER MODE

1. Buying or establishing a new club something like Create-a-Club mode

And that's all from me. There are other ideas but I can't remember them anymore now. Maybe someone before had some similar or the same idea in that case I apologize I did't read the previous proposals.

My replies are in bold

I understand that most of my tips are already in the game. perhaps I was not really well explained my views. What I wanted to say is that it would be more realistic things should be put into the game. It's a bit unrealistic for someone to come and choose the best ratings. But this is a game and so has their own charm.

Yes there is such an attribute but it would be great if you have chosen your own personality.

Here we do not agree but I respect your opinion. I think it would be next to the transfer and contract more would have to focus about trainings and the preparation of training about team training and individual. You should managers have more options and selection of training because it is after all what they are doing.

backroom advice meeting. but that's pretty boring. you get to choose three players and then pick it scouts. It would be interesting if the backroom meeting was on the way of dialogue.

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it

Scouting - When assigning scouts to a player it would be handy if it says where each scout is currently located before selecting which one to send. For example I don't want to be sending a scout in South America to watch a player from the Ukraine.

Companion App - Like the Fifa Ultimate Team app, an app for Smartphones that allows you get all your admin done, scouting for players / staff, offering new contracts etc. Basically almost everything apart from playing matches. I'd be willing pay for such an app and i'm sure others would too.

One idea that might be worth implementing is having regional scouts based in a particular country who can only scout that country or region. They would be less expensive to hire than ordinary scouts since they will not have to travel around the world to scout. I know that something similar is already present through the affiliate system, but this would be easier for smaller clubs who cannot afford an international affiliate.

Hi guys,

Apologies if this idea had been already launched, this thread is quite big ?

It would be so nice and useful when we start a new game and we have to choose our team to manage, if we could get the minimum transfer and wage budget available of each team instead of get into the save in order to know these informations

Alright, finally have the thread I want to post this in. Copy-pasting my suggestion:

As someone who uses the editor and watches a lot of football, I feel the current method of determining player potential (PA) is flawed.

Firstly, there is no way of conclusively evaluating a young player's potential to a single digit number. You could make the same argument about playing ability in general, but you have a lot more information for what each player can produce right now, and as a result, can accurately rate him. As far as potential goes, not even the highest paid pros can predict which under-17 player will turn into the best player.

I'm everyone realizes this, which is obviously this is why the editor has -X ranged potential values, but this leads me to my main problem; these ranged values aren't nearly flexible enough to evaluate player potentials. For example, if we were going by Premier League standards, -10 (170-200) means the player has the potential to be anything from an outstanding player to the greatest of all time, nothing less. -9 (150-180) means they have the potential to be anything from a good player to an outstanding player, nothing more, nothing less; they have no chance of becoming the goat like the -10s do. I think this method of determining potential leaves a lot of room for error. While I don't have any clear-cut examples on-hand, I'd imagine players like Robinho, Balotelli, Ganso, Saviola, Bojan, dos Santos, Wilshere, Cleverly and Joe Cole among many many others had a very high PA rating in previous FM installments, only to be lowered in future installments.

Bearing this in mind, my suggestion is to have PA ratings that cover a much greater range of values. There are probably thousands of potential "wonderkids" in the world that could be anything from a world class player to a League 1 scrubber, so why not have a range value that covers 100-170? How about a 140-190 for the massively hyped kids like Robinho?

Obviously this system has a critical flaw; there would be far too many high-PA players, but there's a solution to this: tie the probability for higher PA to exponential decay. If a player had a ranged value between 100-170, they would be more likely to roll a number on the lower end, with the probability of a higher number diminishing exponentially. I think something like this would be particularly good because it provides another layer of unpredictability; everyone's game would different and it adds to the game's replayability.

I'm sure this has already been suggested but I'd love to see actual match commentary within the game. Would be nice to hear the voices of people such as Martin Tyler, Peter Drury, etc. This could be similar to the MOTD style of commentary. I think in between actual highlights we could have two people discussing things happening at the clubs who are playing, e.g. Man Utd manager benching Memphis... something of the sort. I do however acknowledge the possible difficulties of implementing this concept within the game (possibly too many variables and eventualities to be coded). But I do feel that this is an idea that could take the game up a notch higher.

Not sure if these have been raised before but:

1. Attempting a joint-bid for players of the same club (e.g. £70m for Lukaku and Barkley from Everton).

2. The 'Staff Responsibilities' options locked depending on type of owner (e.g. a DoF will HAVE to sign off all transfers, etc).

Oh, one more thing. What I definitely want for the next FM is that when I tell my players to play shorter passes and keep the ball etc, that they actually do it!! Watching the full game in 3D I'm shocked how often they do exactly what I tell them NOT to do...

And I want to be able to draw out where I want them to make runs/passes etc. I want full control over our tactic. As of today that is impossible.

Oh, one more thing. What I definitely want for the next FM is that when I tell my players to play shorter passes and keep the ball etc, that they actually do it!! Watching the full game in 3D I'm shocked how often they do exactly what I tell them NOT to do...

And I want to be able to draw out where I want them to make runs/passes etc. I want full control over our tactic. As of today that is impossible.

Feedback can be improved (which is what the wishlist thread is for) but if players are not doing what you've asked then it's an issue you can rectify by asking in the tactics forum, if you provide the details of the tactic.

Feedback can be improved (which is what the wishlist thread is for) but if players are not doing what you've asked then it's an issue you can rectify by asking in the tactics forum, if you provide the details of the tactic.

I believe this specific issue is in the code and not the tactic(s).

I believe this specific issue is in the code and not the tactic(s).

I can get great short passing tactics going, so it is possible. As I said, you can save yourself a lot of headaches if you can explore every option, in this case the tactics forum where people with a lot of knowledge can see if anything is off.

Options I'd like to see in the future FM2017 are:

- Option to disable the current ability and potential stars. This will allow you as a manager to take a gamble on signing new players, without being influenced by the potential and current ability stars presented to you by a scout. It was one of the features I enjoyed the most from earlier game versions.

- A more detailled analysis of the game: i'd like to know for instance how many succesfull passes a player has given to someone inside the box, how many passes were given from half spaces, what's the favourite shooting position of a player over the running season, were do all of his goal attempts end up, etc.

- Include metrics like expected goals, which could give you a better indicator for team performance in a match.

- Less standard press conferences and direct feedback on them via a short notice with for instance: player x his morale has gone up/down due to...

- More influence on training, for example by presenting dilemmas throughout the week (for instance: player x is failing at passing the ball to team mates -> do nothing/tell him to lay of simple passes in the future/intensify his passing training/etc. -> This will allow a manager to shape his/her team the way he/she wants.

- A short notice for increased stats, that can be manually specified by the manager (you would want to keep track of attackers gaining finishing skills for instance).

I'm sure this has already been suggested but I'd love to see actual match commentary within the game. Would be nice to hear the voices of people such as Martin Tyler, Peter Drury, etc. This could be similar to the MOTD style of commentary. I think in between actual highlights we could have two people discussing things happening at the clubs who are playing, e.g. Man Utd manager benching Memphis... something of the sort. I do however acknowledge the possible difficulties of implementing this concept within the game (possibly too many variables and eventualities to be coded). But I do feel that this is an idea that could take the game up a notch higher.

Not sure if I would use this as a feature personally, especially when you are the manager, so are usually at the touchline. But I could see this being a popular component for a lot of people, similar to how the 3D engine was requested a few years back.

What may be easier and more to suiting the want but keeping to the sense of realism is to have commentary only for the highlights or goals of the month / year. This would be simple templated words being used to explain a scenario, whether the commentary text that would be displayed or even more basic templates that follow a structure i.e. phonetically pronounce names or call out the number, passed to X player or number, the type of final pass, i.e. cross, through ball, dribble, followed by shot and location:

"Number 7 passes to number 8, number 8 crosses into the box, number 10 headers.... GOAAAAL to number 10, the score is 1-0!"

You get a bit of commentary for key moments, can be toggled on or off and its not going to be too much into the backend or sizing of the game.

Separate the team shape instruction between creative freedom and vertical compactness. Also the ability to change an individual player's creative freedom - what if I trust my CM-s to do whatever he wants or even my FB-s ?

Please give me a transfer money option to "Guys! Take half of our transfer money to pay off debts!, You're 50 million euros in debt that you're paying interest on while I have 80+ million euros, a happy full squad and don't need to spend for two or more years! Jesus!"

That, or have a club policy you can aim for to never let above 85% transfer revenue be made available so I don't run into these situations where the club has massive debts but I'm allocated millions in transfer money I don't need or don't want to spend.

Also, there's some balance issues for me. I'm bringing a Danish club into the Euro championship, but to do that I pretty much have to spend more than I gain from prizes and sponsorships. I've won the championship twice in this 20+ year play and our sponsors are still giving us petty cash each year, enough to sustain 1 world class player for half a year, maybe. So the club is constantly infusing more money and racking up debt, even if we're winning everything. Something is seriously off here and has been for the the last two editions as well. Yes, I'm negotiating every salary down and locking people up for as long as I can to keep the wages down, refusing all complaints and so on. I have world class players being paid 1/8 of what they would have been elsewhere.

Furthermore, regens. I've scouted and scouted and what is up with the massive bias for regens from Germany, UK, Argentina and Brazil? Scandinavians get nada, year after year while Germany, even when comparing size differences, get plenty of wonderkids each year. Regens are biased and not properly randomized. Unless you're argumentation is that no really important soccer player ever came from Scandinavia? This isn't a one time issue, I've seen this for at least 4 years.

Look into this stuff please.

Furthermore, I can't remember if this has changed or not but you're not going a good job of simulating a "human" AI. It's become increasingly obvious that the AI knows the possible full potential of a player when I as the human player, without cheating, don't. You need to do a better job pretending that the AI has the same limitations as me, cause now it seems to basically look up player potential ability and bids off of that value. (or denies sales, or racks up prices off of that value)

On top of that, it seems as if you've programmed in some kind of "rubber banding" mechanism. So if I get too good for my league, suddenly my terrible league opponents are are playing like superstars to give me some kind of challenge. Usually I would ease through my league once my team got good enough, now I have to fight nobodies for every goal. Something changed there.

Not sure there's an issue with Scandinavian newgen's, my current save is at August 2017 & having done a search there are ten Scandinavian newgens with a PA of 150-159, three at 165-168 & four at 170-176 of which two have 176PA. In total there are 37 players with a 140+ PA.

In the 16.3 database there are only Erikson (159) & Ibra (173) have a CA that exceeds 150 & there are 10 who have a CA of 140+.

What you might be finding is that in-game scouts are not rating the players highly due to playing for lower rep clubs in lower rep leagues which makes them an unknown quantity, if a players starts making a name for themselves with consistently high level performances then the scouts will start to take an interest & look upon a player more favourably.

As for the finances I agree that transfer budgets can get too high & have recently put forward some ideas to SI to address this, as for your situation are you doing what is common practice at Scandinavian clubs & selling your brightest talent to generate transfer revenue to make up for the limited commercial revenue outside of the major European leagues?

Furthermore, I can't remember if this has changed or not but you're not going a good job of simulating a "human" AI. It's become increasingly obvious that the AI knows the possible full potential of a player when I as the human player, without cheating, don't. You need to do a better job pretending that the AI has the same limitations as me, cause now it seems to basically look up player potential ability and bids off of that value. (or denies sales, or racks up prices off of that value)

On top of that, it seems as if you've programmed in some kind of "rubber banding" mechanism. So if I get too good for my league, suddenly my terrible league opponents are are playing like superstars to give me some kind of challenge. Usually I would ease through my league once my team got good enough, now I have to fight nobodies for every goal. Something changed there.

Neither of these statements are true, the amount of comment about AI clubs buying poorly & wasting money on teenagers that will never make it should be enough to demonstrate that AI managers have no inherent advantage over the user & in fact in many cases we have the advantage.

Could you try going to 2036? Cause I'm positive there are ZERO good regens here from Scandinavia compared to the the 4 countries I mentioned. My guys are all superstars at this point so 3-4 stars is the best I can expect right?

Right now I've had 3 years in a row where none, and my scouts are the best, are above 2.5 stars. Whereas if I scout Brazil and Germany I get plenty of 3+2 black stars. Explain that please. My club is now 13th in the world. This isn't some anomaly, you guys have weighted regens for some reason.

If you have concerns you can take a look under the hood using external scouting tools or upload your save as part of a potential issue report in the bugs forum. If my all leagues, full detail save reaches the 2030's I will take another look at how Scandinavian players are getting on.

Please also keep your comments constructive, taking little digs will not engender any sympathy or add any weight to your opinion.

As for the ratings I know that you know 2.5 stars is a player of average ability for you squad, getting consistent 2.5 star youth players through your system is probably better than average, every now & then you might be getting a really high potential player but that will be rarer because you're somewhat limited by population, the nations you've mentioned are traditional football powerhouses so their players do tend to be more highly rated by scouts & as their populations are much higher with many more top level clubs they will have a natural advantage.

More than happy to take a look at your save data if you upload it to a file sharing site & PM me the link, you can retire your manager if you have any concerns about your real life personal information being visible.

Archived