Your favourite moment from this World Cup

Duffman

Suarez's handball. Shabalala's opening goal. David Villa's goal celebrations. Eboue pretending he can understand Korean. Pantsil's flag. van Bronckorst's goal. France's implosion. Quagliaralla(sp?)'s goal. A banker playing against Italy. Argentina getting humped 4-0. Maradona's beard. Pique's beard. del Bosque's moustache. Joachim Loew's touchline attire. Joachim Loew in general.

These are a few of my favourite things...

I hope the best moment comes sunday but the goal of Giovanni van Bronckhorst was fb. Also because these are his last matches as a professional football player. His last match ever will be the World Cup final. How cool is that?

France's implosion and Italy getting knocked out early on will be a couple of things I remember from this world cup.

And as well as the highlights already mentioned in here, the 5 minutes in the Spain Vs Paraguy match where the ref gave a penalty which was missed, gave a penalty which was scored and then made them retake that penalty, which was then missed.

The hands down best I have felt in this World Cup is England v Germany when Lampard scored (before it wasn't given obv). Was in a packed bar and already buzzing from the 1st goal. That is the most I have celebrated a goal for those 10 seconds :D Other than that it was the Swiss scoring and Mphela nearly scoring v Mexico.

Lots of good memories, but Sneijder heading it in against Brasil tops it so far. I just couldn't believe we came back and even overtook Brasil after thinking it was all over.

Gio's amazing goal comes second. Best strike of his carreer and that in the semi-final of the WC. :cool:

Forgot about the opening goal, that was pretty crazy. 90,000 passionate South Africans blowing vuvuzela's on a beautiful South African day.

Thought I'd also mention New Zealands 93rd minute goal and draw with Italy.

Tshabalala's goal was definitely one of the brilliant moments this WC.

I think for me, the biggest irony was the ending moments of the Ghana - Uruguay game. In a bar with my Ghanian date, watching her team and my bet team, watching it all unfold was just giving me a heart attack!

The end of the Ghana - Uruguay game, fantastic drama.

whs, tbqph

Also, Donovan's late winner against Algeria. I was resigned to us drawing and crashing out at the group stage.

I think I was like Colin Firth at the end of "Fever Pitch." :D

So many good moments really, most of mine would be the games I've gone to but watching on TV it was probably South Africa v France when it started to look like they might actually get the goal swing. For once the vuvuzelas stopped and you could hear Shosholoza drifting up from the stands. Awesome.

Speaking on behalf of a friend; Germany's 89th minute 4th goal against Argentina. He'd put £10 on 4-0 haha.

Personally, the last moments and shootout of Ghana v Uruguay.

I'll probably look back and remember it for Spain's month long game of keep-ball and the emergence of Germany's frightening good youngsters.

Van Bronckhorst's goal (Barring something impressive tomorrow, goal of the tournament), Suarez's handball, pretty much whenever Forlan touched the ball, Donovan scoring that late, late goal, and Tshabalala opening the tournament in supreme style are probably my top five.

Archived