Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

Goalkeepers are honestly terrible in this game and I don't know what's caused it. Every save, every keeper, no matter who it - rarely seems to have a good performance or make a save in key highlights.

Mine do ? My keeper regularly gets 7.0 to 8.0 ratings

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

Teach me your magic - the AI keepers seem to have no issue but if my keeper has a 7.0 it's the game of the season for him. 

There is no magic? I just have a decent goalkeeper . Could be that I mainly play amateur or non leagues 

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

I needed to show this off, while unfortunately offside, one of the best goals I've seen in FM! :D

FM GOAL GIF.gif

Very good!!
But honestly, I've always wondered... can the developers of the game, when they play the game, enjoy it? I mean, they know everything about the game, so for them it should be a piece of cake. :lol:

I'm finding the game a little boring.

Many balls hit the post, no goals from direct free kicks, plays and goals resulting from passing errors, almost no goals from long distance. ME has a lot of good things but after the hot fix patch it seems to have become more robotic... I'm always reporting my impressions and eagerly awaiting the Christmas patch lol

This bicycle goal posted above is sensational, the game could have had more goals like this

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, dzek said:

Very good!!
But honestly, I've always wondered... can the developers of the game, when they play the game, enjoy it? I mean, they know everything about the game, so for them it should be a piece of cake. :lol:

Since joining SI the time I have available to play FM has obviously dropped, but I've been playing FM for 18+ years, so it's always going to be my go-to game to play in the evenings or weekends.

25 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Since joining SI the time I have available to play FM has obviously dropped, but I've been playing FM for 18+ years, so it's always going to be my go-to game to play in the evenings or weekends.

You don't find it easy enough since you know, if not all, most of the things that happen under the hood?

9 hours ago, ScottishFM said:

Goalkeepers are honestly terrible in this game and I don't know what's caused it. Every save, every keeper, no matter who it - rarely seems to have a good performance or make a save in key highlights.

As far as not seeing saves, that might be related to what's being chosen for the key highlights package.  Try playing a few games on comprehensive to get a better feel for what the match engine is really doing - I see plenty of saves.

Ratings is a whole other issue - goalkeepers only tend to get good ratings when they make lots of saves, so in my games where I generally dominate possession and most saves are by the opposition keeper, I generally see a good rating for their keeper and a mediocre one for mine. But then sometimes my keeper will have a good rating and I'll have no idea why.  Like I say, keeper ratings can be weird.

8 hours ago, Leon_fogo said:

I'm finding the game a little boring.

Many balls hit the post, no goals from direct free kicks, plays and goals resulting from passing errors, almost no goals from long distance. ME has a lot of good things but after the hot fix patch it seems to have become more robotic... I'm always reporting my impressions and eagerly awaiting the Christmas patch lol

This bicycle goal posted above is sensational, the game could have had more goals like this

For me there's definitely too many shots hitting the woodwork. DFK goals happen, but they are much rarer IRL than people think - I think I see enough in game to be realistic. Long distance shots, I don't have a problem with - I've got one midfield player who literally only ever scores long rangers - 5 or 6 a season and I concede my fair share, too.

As for being more robotic - I not sure that's how I'd describe it, but I think when they reduced the number of goals, the changes they made did seem to reduce variety in the play noticeably. The moves that happen in my tactic seem to be more predictable and repetitive than the ME during the beta.  I still think it's better than FM23, but I feel we lost more than just the super-high scorelines.

Edited by rp1966

Am 18.12.2023 um 09:23 schrieb fc.cadoni:

Hi,

Can you post what league you play and the stats from the league? Because in Chile 2 and general in LLM, I find it hard to score from Direct or In Direct FK.

For example:

Corners are 27%

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.332811cca71edc170c9319a0270374c5.png

====

Direct is only 2 goals out of 48.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.ab5bb8fec2326974d080cb5510dd2d41.png

====

In Direct is 1 out of 48

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.6864405a5283245a5196ae8e03f0c3d5.png

====

I have checked EPL to compare it (loaded as playable and Full Detail).

Corners

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.a6e3e6a97c31e3eea1db6d73c7db4c2b.png

Direct

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.b34d3c21170c2360b14234ad6134b780.png

In Direct

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.fadde0b332a3c2e83b92f009924254c3.png

this is misleading because most goals are not scored directly from corners but out of the ensuing chaos from a corner in the box and after ridiculous pass combinations from throw-ins.

Throw ins are literally the most dangerous thing in the game and not because any direct throws in the box but they created ultra barca like combinations almost every time which end in high quality chances

Am 18.12.2023 um 10:24 schrieb fc.cadoni:

Probably a side effect of Key Highlight where is a good chance for match engine to show you a highlight. If you judge ME by highlights, then you judge something else and not directly match engine. :brock:

you guys should pay more attention how goals are created, i never talked about direct goals from corners

There are mods that can decrease injuries by 50% (probably even mods that get rid of injuries altogether) for anybody that wants less of them. Just search for them on Google. They're easy to install, but you'll need to start a new game for them to have an effect.

I'm using Davincid's stuff, so the injury rate has gone from 80% of what occurs in real life to roughly 100%. Lots of little 2-3 day injuries, but that's something the AI has to deal with too. Are the people complaining about outfield injury rates only paying attention to their own team, and not to the game world itself to see how other teams are affected?

5 hours ago, rp1966 said:

As far as not seeing saves, that might be related to what's being chosen for the key highlights package.  Try playing a few games on comprehensive to get a better feel for what the match engine is really doing - I see plenty of saves.

Ratings is a whole other issue - goalkeepers only tend to get good ratings when they make lots of saves, so in my games where I generally dominate possession and most saves are by the opposition keeper, I generally see a good rating for their keeper and a mediocre one for mine. But then sometimes my keeper will have a good rating and I'll have no idea why.  Like I say, keeper ratings can be weird.

I noticed my keeper go from 6.9 to 6.7 after he failed to save a penalty which felt quite harsh!

Player complaining too much I don't know why they are this sensitive this version. Last few years I can deal with it but now when I accidently promise a player play time but not play him a game during his injured time or when there are no schedule they would cry and ask to leave. Please tone down the player being angry please the interaction i felt like always have a low roll

7 hours ago, thejay said:

you guys should pay more attention how goals are created, i never talked about direct goals from corners

I have provided stats by direct and indirect free kick goals. Even the ones which create chaotic situation inside the box, being considered as free kick and not open play or something else. Please. Even the chaotic situation, is much way less from 80% of what you have describe without any proof to the developer (don't care for me).

One big positive from this match engine in comparison to 22- pressing looks so much better. Teams are organised and you can actually see a high press cause problems and lead to defensive errors, as opposed to one player just chasing the ball endlessly as it was in previous games.

25 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

Reading through this thread it seems to me many of those complaining play OP tactics and cry when they get an injury, a team talk goes wrong or the AI scores with their one shot on target. Too many cry babies in here.

I feel same too, most people want to get things going their way like a fantasy world or sth but again most pro coaches,pep,klopp,arteta are always complaining nowadays as well so I think it's well balanced😂

I've been playing since CM0102, first time making an account here though. I was on the fence about purchasing FM24 since I own FM23 but I heard people praise the match engine so I took a punt on it. Really have to say I'm glad I did, feels so much more fluid, the deflections look great (almost too good sometimes), the goals feel like what you'd actually see in a real game of football, defenders aren't as atrocious as they were in FM23 (which even in the top leagues felt conference level at times). Injuries honestly seem fine to me, I started my first save as Arsenal (the team I support) and lost Saka for 6 months and a few other serious/moderate injuries over a couple seasons but it's lower than the amount of injuries actual premier league teams have to deal with. A 26 man squad with heavy rotation is able to cope by turning down training intensity about half way or two thirds into a season.

My biggest issue is that scouting seems broken. I'm using the same set-up I did in FM23 - no star CA and 3 star PA by nation, this got me loads of reports in FM23 but I've gone through a whole season in FM24 and I can count on one hand the scout reports I have received with the exception of those I manually requested. This is a real shame and it's making me hesitant in carrying on my long term save, manually scouting teams takes a long time but it's the only way I can find players. Unearthing hidden talents is one of my favourite parts about the game so I really hope scouting assignments are looked at (from what I've read I'm not the only one to experience this)

The high scoring games have finally ruined it for me - the games great and there is so many improvements from FM23 but the immersion has been completely taking away for me with the amount of games that regularly finish with 5+ goals in them.

In the last 3 weeks (game time) in my league, I've seen 7-2, 8-3 & 5-4.

One of these games was Rangers 8-3 Arbroath in which Arbroath are sitting bottom of the league with 3 wins to their name yet and a squad there is barely Championship level but managed to go to Ibrox, have 20 shots and score 3 goals while also conceding 8. (This game was AI vs AI btw).

It happens far too often for my liking and has ruined any enjoyment I've had from my saves. 

I'm hoping this is something which will be patched in the near future as it's a really good game outside of this issue.

P.S Far too many worldies from outside the box too while I'm at it. 

Edited by ScottishFM

9 hours ago, trviggo said:

Why does the game change penalty taker if you've already gotten one penalty and the taker scored? Had he missed it that's one thing - and still wrong - but when he scored?

There is an option in the penalty section of the tactics that allows you to use this or not.

I'm playing as RB Leipzig and in the three years I've been managing them, I haven't had the option to ask my board to upgrade my youth facilities (they are rated Excellent at the moment, so there is room for improvement). I don't know if this is a bug or a specific issue with RB Leipzig.

Note: I have been able to upgrade my normal training facilities.

55 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Every goal seems to be hit with such power - even if the animation suggests the player isn't trying for it. Same goes for headers.

Yes there is no finesse in the goals . 

Edited by alian62

How does everyone deal with scouting?
I am currenly in my 3rd save that went 6+ years ( home post op recovery, don't judge :)), and my scouts just refuse to do actual work. Half of my scouts are on 19-25 old players with 2,5 stars ca/pa. 2 countries per scout -> maybe 5 players per position are actually scouted (atleast reasonable knowledge) and none of them are  better than the players i have right now ( i am Motherwell and we just made CL proper for the first time,my best player would MAYBE start for brighton IRL).
The other half scouts 15-19 silver CA stars, atleast 4 gold PA stars, 3 countries per scout - i have ONLY 40 players that match that criteira scouted , 1/2 are only MAX 4 stars, 5 of them look like actual wonderkids. I have done scouting like this in every FM and i always loved it. I HATE AND I DO NOT WANT TO DO MANUAL SCOUTING,it completely destroys the point of having good scouts and network.  I can't sell any of my overvalued players because i don't have any replacements scouted. Is there anything that i can do ( bar manual scouting), or should i just leave another save and start a different one with attribute masking off?

Defending against a 3-4-1-2 needs significant reworking. Defenders are way too overwhelmed by this for no real reason. Back to the old days of just sticking as many men forward and watch the AI logic struggle from being completely overloaded in a top heavy formation.

24 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Defending against a 3-4-1-2 needs significant reworking. Defenders are way too overwhelmed by this for no real reason. Back to the old days of just sticking as many men forward and watch the AI logic struggle from being completely overloaded in a top heavy formation.

I noticed I really struggle against this system with my usual setup and I love that I do. Against 2 up front you should need to adapt the way a back 4 plays. 

14 hours ago, ScottishFM said:

The high scoring games have finally ruined it for me - the games great and there is so many improvements from FM23 but the immersion has been completely taking away for me with the amount of games that regularly finish with 5+ goals in them.

In the last 3 weeks (game time) in my league, I've seen 7-2, 8-3 & 5-4.

One of these games was Rangers 8-3 Arbroath in which Arbroath are sitting bottom of the league with 3 wins to their name yet and a squad there is barely Championship level but managed to go to Ibrox, have 20 shots and score 3 goals while also conceding 8. (This game was AI vs AI btw).

It happens far too often for my liking and has ruined any enjoyment I've had from my saves. 

I'm hoping this is something which will be patched in the near future as it's a really good game outside of this issue.

P.S Far too many worldies from outside the box too while I'm at it. 

Highest scoring game I’ve ever had was winning 8:6. I was 8:2 and getting increasingly worried that I was gonna come out of that level. This was after the update but There hasn’t been has many crazy results like that but still too many for me. 

47 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

Highest scoring game I’ve ever had was winning 8:6. I was 8:2 and getting increasingly worried that I was gonna come out of that level. This was after the update but There hasn’t been has many crazy results like that but still too many for me. 

Scoring is perhaps slightly above what I'd expect in my games but within the realms of normalcy. 

6 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Scoring is perhaps slightly above what I'd expect in my games but within the realms of normalcy. 

Before the update scores were crazy. Plenty of 6:2, 6:4, 5:5. For me though goalies are still useless especially on one on ones but I’m Bradford so maybe top quality keepers are better. 

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

I noticed I really struggle against this system with my usual setup and I love that I do. Against 2 up front you should need to adapt the way a back 4 plays. 

Sure no doubt about that but the defending logic still is very bad about who to mark or what space to cover. It's very easy to overrun or be overrun because the CBs, FBs, and DMs don't react properly to each other or opposition positioning. FBs in particular seem useless against a system like that because they don't have anyone in their area to cover directly. The should naturally drift more inside if the ball is on the other side of the pitch and provide rotational support. Instead they just float along marking no one and a zone that doesn't really need coverage.

2 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Sure no doubt about that but the defending logic still is very bad about who to mark or what space to cover. It's very easy to overrun or be overrun because the CBs, FBs, and DMs don't react properly to each other or opposition positioning. FBs in particular seem useless against a system like that because they don't have anyone in their area to cover directly. The should naturally drift more inside if the ball is on the other side of the pitch and provide rotational support. Instead they just float along marking no one and a zone that doesn't really need coverage.

Yeah true, or they mark someone tightly when they should follow the ball carrier. 

3 hours ago, Wizard boy said:

I don't think scoring is much of an issue anymore. If anything higher quality players need to finish more clinically. Corners to the top of the area are too powerful and throw ins are definitely better but still a bit nervy. I'd like to see more open play goals converted than watch set pieces be the difference.

Anyone has a problem with scouting recomendations? I dont receive even single one from my scouts. Only if i pick some players to check then i receive a report, f.e. i send scout to Scandinavian country, 3 months - 0 players.  Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by JohnWolves