Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

13 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

If it's just those two leagues then it's likely because there's something specific about teams/players in those leagues that makes them different to other leagues. We'd need to identify that really to know what to change, but it's likely a research/data thing causing it.

I will make a bug report about these 2 leagues ok? And another bug report about yellow cards.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, lightworker said:

I know we don't live in a perfect world, but I'd like to suggest to the FM developers, if they read this post, that they should come to an agreement with Sega to postpone the official release date of the game by at least one month, or extend the beta period. Half of the complaints would disappear. It feels like the game should have been released now and not on November 6th.

Sorry but this doesnt make any sense. Delaying the release wouldnt change a thing because SIs whole development/QA setup is based on beta + users reporting issues in large scale. Delaying the release of the game just delays those inputs being given. So the issues we keep seeing as reoccuring, defects not being adressed despite reported etc. is more on the process and nature/scope of the test/feedback than a matter of "if we just delay by a month everything would be fine".

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Cle:

France Ligue 1: IRL about 1050 goals, so missing more than 200 goals

In case you took the number for 20 teams - France Ligue 1 went from 20 to 18 teams, so those numbers are fine with 2 teams less. 

Edit: Germany has no Haaland or Lewandowski anymore, so maybe this has an impact too:D

Edited by Daveincid

8 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

If it's just those two leagues then it's likely because there's something specific about teams/players in those leagues that makes them different to other leagues. We'd need to identify that really to know what to change, but it's likely a research/data thing causing it.

German database is to harsh and the attributes of players in Bundesliga are undervalued in comparison to other top leagues. I wrote about it in the right topic.

16 minutes ago, lightworker said:

The beta should be extended for December, and the release date for early December. For allow the team to polish the game as much as possible before the launch. Otherwise, it might give the impression, they didn't have enough time to polish or finish the game and promising more than they could deliver.

What difference does that really make other than putting a name on it?  Does it really change the product to treat 24.1 as a beta, when the beta itself is stretching the definition pretty tight already?

9 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

In case you took the number for 20 teams - France Ligue 1 went from 20 to 18 teams, so those numbers are fine with 2 teams less. 

Edit: Germany has no Haaland or Lewandowski anymore, so maybe this has an impact too:D

Nice catch :) There are actually 18 teams already, so France Ligue 1 is perfect. It was careless of me. Sorry :(

9 minutos atrás, forameuss disse:

What difference does that really make other than putting a name on it?  Does it really change the product to treat 24.1 as a beta, when the beta itself is stretching the definition pretty tight already?

The main complaints I've seen revolve around:

Like this: "You promised one thing, and as I'm playing the game, it turns out to be different from what was promised. I felt deceived by SI's marketing.”

It's not that the game is perfect now or  it's the best of all fm´s all times, but there's already a significant difference compared to 24.1.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, szp said:

Players attributes are sorted in "english" order in players training view. Extremely annoying bug. How on earth it wasn't noticed during testing??

Check the "Preferences" that you don't have this option checked

image.png.22c005e8da0f72dda16eddfb77b33307.png

20 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

They do have this Kane guy though, I heard he's kinda ok. :brock:

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Freakiie:

They do have this Kane guy though, I heard he's kinda ok. :brock:

I heard this guy never won a title? So I'm not 100% sure ;) (duck and away :P) 

But enough off-topic :D

Edited by Daveincid

31 minutes ago, Woodg SI said:

Check the "Preferences" that you don't have this option checked

image.png.22c005e8da0f72dda16eddfb77b33307.png

No. This option is related to player's attributes screen. And the problem is with his training view. 

Wow didnt think I could enjoy the ME more than I already was, but since the update its taken another level. I havnt won a game yet 🤣 (4 ties) since the update and I love it! Ive actually played 4 teams eerily similar to me in quality IRL so the games were tough hard fought very tactical from both sides. Defenses, both the ai’s and mine, are much harder to break down now. Kudo, SI. 

1 hour ago, Itego said:

So are the devs really gonna ignore this through ball issue, I need a reason why midfielders are scared to Play a through pass to my advanced forward and instead play stupid pass wide it doesn't make sense

Can you post a pic of your tactic? Curious about something...

Edited by whatsupdoc

10 hours ago, StephenG said:

Anyone facing this issue since the update? normally there's 4 or 5 findings in this post-match analysis screen.

image.png.1948e7f836c991035dd9c94145cbde85.png

My first game back since the update and I have also got this. Most polished version ever.

3 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

You're upset because the AI used youth players in a game they were expected to beat a team handily? That's literally the definition of rotating their squad. They gambled they could give their youth some experience and it didn't pay off results wise.

What team does that on the first match of the competition ? :idiot:

1 hora atrás, Itego disse:

So are the devs really gonna ignore this through ball issue, I need a reason why midfielders are scared to Play a through pass to my advanced forward and instead play stupid pass wide it doesn't make sense

Because that's what happens irl? It's dependent on space you get from the opposition, not everybody is De Bruyne and even him doesn't do it all the time, because it's impossible unless you are a gamble addict with zero decisions. 

What on earth have SI done to the ME with this patch? My Lyon side have gone from averaging 4 goals a game pre patch with really fluid attacking phases, to drawing every other game and when I do win it's a stalemate or a couple of early goals and then nothing. I liked the ME before, it felt more alive. It feels like it's been nullified. I can see this is to combat the amount of goals going in but you have just made the ME tame rather than doing anything to actually fix the problems with the defending because I'm still conceding bs goals from mistakes of all sorts and giving away loads of pens. Very disappointing once again, SI try to fix something and break something else in the process. 

The problem with Germany as far as i could see is that too many managers are set up with tendency "works ball into box" which reduces the number of goals.

I removed that from AI Tuchel and his team scored more than in a test without.

Also many , i mean many managers have preffered formations like 5-3-2 and 5-2-2-1 which in this ME don't seem to score a lot of goals.

I ended up switching 5-2-2-1 to 5-2-3 for Xabi Alonso and his team performed better

Also... Kane is a bit slow IMO... i don't think he's 12 acceleration slow IRL... maybe 13 or 14 would be better... Strikers without pace don't score lots of goals in FM.... I mean he has 14 pace.. He should also have 14 acc...

Edited by andu1

6 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

The ME uses the full range of attributes, which can vary over time depending on tons of factors such as consistency, big matches, morale/body language etc. 

What this means is that your 18 finishing striker won't always be 18 finishing 100% of the time, for example if they're inconsistent they may sometimes be playing like a 13 finishing striker for portions of the match.

In terms of playing styles though, there's nothing stopping you from playing any style really based on level of play. The football you're playing is relative and that's important to remember, for example Notts County in the National League last season played a very Pep-esque possession system that received a lot of plaudits, and Barrow did before them at the same level as well. Now, that doesn't mean they're as good as Man City! But relative to the opposition they're playing, they were extremely capable of keeping the ball and building attacks from back-to-front.

Don't know if you guys prefer another notification just to say thanks or would rather me just upvote, so let me know if it's bothersome. Wanted to say I appreciate the response anyway. Thanks! 

Edited by trviggo

13 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Also... Kane is a bit slow IMO... i don't think he's 12 acceleration slow IRL... maybe 13 or 14 would be better... Strikers without pace don't score lots of goals in FM.... I mean he has 14 pace.. He should also have 14 acc...

So...what's the difference between 12 and 13?

1 hour ago, Razor940 said:

Because that's what happens irl? It's dependent on space you get from the opposition, not everybody is De Bruyne and even him doesn't do it all the time, because it's impossible unless you are a gamble addict with zero decisions. 

They don’t play the ball forward as often as they should when the space is there 

Shame to see that the Youth Managers still don't rotate their starting XI's. Funny thing is I felt they the did it too much in FM23 and now in FM24 you're either good enough of you don't play at all for a year+.

I am also seeing some very strange goalkeeping in my season. Something doesn't seem quite right with their animations and they seem really erratic. Maybe just me?

The game is definitely not unplayable but definitely still needs some work to get right. Back to my long term save in FM23 I go :D 

1 ora fa, lightworker ha scritto:

"I don't remember seeing the AI score so high, I'm with Juventus.

inter champ.jpg

This is absolutely not realistic, even the points 

IT is very very very difficult in Italian Serie A to do 100 points, between 80 and 90 is the reality

how do I increase my salary cap in the spanish primera?

i'm playing as Osasuna and have finished 1st season in the 3rd place, qualifying for CL. So there will be more money coming but my salary cap is 2.4mil per month still. not really enough to strenghten the team. even if i sell players for bigger fees it doesn't change?

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much real life football do you watch?

Even elite clubs arent threading through balls constantly.

Its pretty rare for strikers to get 1v1 chances with a keeper too, in real life, yet people are constantly moaning it doesn't happen enough in game.

depends on the circumstances...and how one defines 'through balls'...as in not just that element of passing.

I'd class it overall as creative passes which would encompass through balls & threaded passes into big and small pockets of space...not necessarily just ones behind defences to create 1v1 chances but all sorts.

The reality is FM's engine isn't producing enough creative passes. I watch lots of football at all levels and there are lots of creative passes being played where the tendency to play them in FM isn't simulated as well.

I do see what the likes of @DarJis talking about when the space is there the decision making and sometimes the weight of the pass is off meaning that creativity isn't the same as it is in the real world. Especially if the space is there with instructions to play that way it becomes even more obvious that they're not being played enough...as in even attempted...not necessarily that they come off or lead to goals. It's just off in the current engine. There's some work to be done yet

2 hours ago, krkyseventwo said:

Raging that you are no longer averaging 4 goals scored per game with Lyon? I don’t know the context, maybe this is 8 seasons in and you have built a super team that is capable of this magic, but maybe not. 

Well done SI for stopping the madness cause myself and many others found it unplayable. 

Yeah I'm in my 5th season, I've won the UEL and my team is incredible, I also have the best regen wonderkid in the game, so the context is based on that. 

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, joe_johnz said:

Hi, I am writing this with a broken heart...

Just got fired from Fulham in the game 1st season after a League Cup win and finishing 6th in the Premier League, best position ever in Fulham history.

Job security was "untouchable".

1 day a after the season last game:

image.png.5fa0227c0e5ebe1cade4327a27c39c9c.png

Hello, if you have a save file from before that inbox message generated we can look into this for you.

2 hours ago, joe_johnz said:

Hi, I am writing this with a broken heart...

Just got fired from Fulham in the game 1st season after a League Cup win and finishing 6th in the Premier League, best position ever in Fulham history.

Job security was "untouchable".

1 day a after the season last game:

image.png.5fa0227c0e5ebe1cade4327a27c39c9c.png

I feel sorry for you, but to be honest... I kind of like seeing this, sometimes in the real world managers are being sacked despite having good results too, so it adds some realism 😃 as long as it doesn't happen too frequently, of course 

Edited by gggfunk

Just now, gggfunk said:

I feel sorry for you, but to be honest... I kind of like seeing this, sometimes in the real world managers are being sacked despite having good results too, so it adds some realism 😃 as long as it doesn't happen too frequently, if course 

you are right, but it seems so harsh and a little unreal.

Imagine Marco Silva sacked after a cup win and a 6th place because he didnt use the youths....

but true to be said, from the youth system I only played Luke Harris sometimes .

3 minutes ago, joe_johnz said:

you are right, but it seems so harsh and a little unreal.

Imagine Marco Silva sacked after a cup win and a 6th place because he didnt use the youths....

but true to be said, from the youth system I only played Luke Harris sometimes .

I hope it only means that the boards are more strict when it comes to meeting the club vision this year, rather than it's a bug. It would make the game a bit harder, which is good.

1 minute ago, gggfunk said:

I hope it only means that the boards are more strict when it comes to meeting the club vision this year, rather than it's a bug. It would make the game a bit harder, which is good.

yes I failed that item in the club vision, but the algorithm should have the intelligence to analyze the season overall. In this specific case it is clear that the sacked is unrealistic.

one day before I get fired the board and the supporters were more than happy with my job.

well... not easy thing being a manager xD

I got a job in the championship with Ipswich Town..... could be worse lol

• SI Staff
24 minutes ago, joe_johnz said:

hey Zach, yes I have mate !

If you can create a post with the link below, please make sure you upload your save game.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/club-vision-supporter-confidence-manager-staff-appointments/

5 hours ago, triple caution said:

In the player information eligibility screen, "Club trained at" no longer seems to have a tracker visible for any player. There is clearly still tracking in game as I still get the periodic emails updating on home grown status for players. We just can't see the progress anymore 

image.thumb.png.8162a0d43165e9f3218e9c5692ce1e54.png

I'm having the same issue too. Also doing a Japan save. Obnoxious bug. 

Just finished 2nd season as Palace, Arsenal have loan listed Saka and let him come to me for just 200k a month and 30% of his wages, loving the improved AI transfers 

And I should add that not a single other club was interested in that bargain 

Edited by Iakovenko

16 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

Just finished 2nd season as Palace, Arsenal have loan listed Saka and let him come to me for just 200k a month and 30% of his wages, loving the improved AI transfers 

And I should add that not a single other club was interested in that bargain 

People would've probably said the same about Lindgard 2/3 seasons before his drop-off. 

4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

People would've probably said the same about Lindgard 2/3 seasons before his drop-off. 

Wow there really is no comparison between the two :D 

Lingard never hit Saka’s heights, couldn’t even establish himself for England. Saka an undisputed top player for club and country. 

Edited by DP