Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

vor 8 Stunden schrieb w3t:

Condition/Stamina sometimes drop after a hard tackle or slight injury. Then it goes back up again, right?

Yeah, the fill in the players heart icon suddenly drops quite a lot but recovers afterward quite fast to a little lower then b4 usually - if the injury is permanent it does not recover and you need to sub the player out.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

It's about goals over the course of the season, and the amount per match over that period. Not specific results. Any team IRL can have a 4-1 or a 6-3. In FM24 however it's far too common.  It's pointless doing comparisons for one team. The issue is this will repeat itself for most in the league providing a huge increase on GPG over the course of a season. Also, Italy is one of the leagues closest to being in line and isn't the worst offender by ant means. But as seen as you asked...

Fiorentina in their last 31 league games:

1-0 results (either for or against): 7 (22.58%)

Games with 2 goals or under. 17 (54.83%)

Fiorentina FM24 Screenshot (31 games)

1-0 results (either for or against): 1 (3.22%)

Games with 2 goals or under: 9 (29.03%)

For what it's worth also, of the last 31 league games for fairness sake Manchester City have had 6 1-0 results, meaning that approx. 1 in 5 of their games end in 1-0. Which is a lot nicer than the screenshot of 1 in 31 for FM24 Fiorentina on the screenshot, who are also arguably a lesser team.

Next question.

Not a great comparison as I play totally different tactics to the real fiorentina and have a totally different squad.....

The man city comparison is much better. 

Edited by whatsupdoc

I was also experiencing quite a lot of goals in my save with Alta IF in Norway's lower tier (3rd div) of football. One game that i won 2-7 sticks out as I was away from home and the goals kept piling in. 

I decided to start a new save with the same team when the first patch came out, and changed the way I was playing the game a little bit. I changed my formation for something more sturdy at the back (5-2-2-1) and for every match preparation I always picked the out of possession phase (defending), along with defending corners and throw ins. 

The result? The goals dried up for me and my opponent. I made a few signings before the season started so my attack force are still gaining cohesion, but my defence is solid as a rock now. Unless I'm playing a significantly better team in the cup, sides in my current division just can't break my defence down and they hardly have any shots as my defenders and midfielders clean up before they can get create any clear cut chances.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 065930.png

Screenshot 2023-11-17 070055.png

Screenshot 2023-11-17 070152.png

Edited by TheMattB81
Updated Screenshots

50 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

Another bug: unregistered player cannot play in friendly match.

image.thumb.png.fd6ef4f73bdf7fa9a4ddb7bfe41fb485.png

There is little to gain from reporting a bug in the feedback thread- please raise it in the Bugs forum and at least the developers can have a look 

5 hours ago, jacob_m_mack said:

There is just not enough loan activity. There is no way young players can possibly develop without a huge improvement to the volume of transfer and loan activity. IRL, per Transfermarkt there are currently 47 players on loan from a Premier League side to a Championship side. That number will likely increase in January. I believe all but 2 Championship sides are loaning in at least 1 player from the Prem, with several loaning in as many as 4. In my current save, in it's second season with both the Championship and the Prem loaded, the January window just closed and there is ONE (1) such deal. ONE, 1, singular player on loan from the Premier League to the Championship.

This is not okay. My save might be a slight outlier in terms of how low the numbers are but for a 47 to 1 difference from in game to IRL to even happen the system that created that outcome has to be so utterly broken that it's astounding that it made it to release, especially when this is a long standing issue that has been brought up by the community over several iterations of the game. It's yet another issue where, genuinely, I do not care at all if the fix is anywhere near perfect, because literally anything would be better than this.

Whats your database set up?

There were similar issues in years gone by when people selected little amount of leagues but a large player count, and it was just purely down to their being too many players for the amount of clubs so clubs had plenty of options.

I think the best option for realism, transfer wise, is the small player count option with as many leagues active as you can have.

It happens a lot to me too. I sometimes use the editor to remove the unhappiness. Not every time because if i have neglected to do it fair enough. But if i have done as promised but still get complaints i just make him happy again via the editor. Not ideal i know but makes it a bit more playable.  Another slight issue is that if a player is really tired so i chat to him about resting him next match, he agrees. But when i play the next game he is devastated to be left out?

41 minutes ago, gladman1 said:

It happens a lot to me too. I sometimes use the editor to remove the unhappiness. Not every time because if i have neglected to do it fair enough. But if i have done as promised but still get complaints i just make him happy again via the editor. Not ideal i know but makes it a bit more playable.  Another slight issue is that if a player is really tired so i chat to him about resting him next match, he agrees. But when i play the next game he is devastated to be left out?

Yeah I foolishly disabled the use of the editor in this save :(

Anyone noticed some quite bizarre international selections?

Playing as Arsenal and a couple of my newgens are already full internationals for Ireland. They've only ever played under 18 football and have barely developed. I assumed the Irish were having trouble finding decent players until...

Bought an 18 year old Norwegian GK to come in as my 3rd choice keeper. Fairly decent potential but currently.... awful. He had never played senior football before. Signed him and a day later he's called into the Norway squad. He's never been called up to the youth squads. He is now their absolute number 1 keeper. Not to beat up on the poor young man but he's nowhere near good enough yet.

Is international selection determined by player value? It's the only reason I can see.

16 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

Here's an example. In football many clubs/scouts will use something called Wyscout. PPDA is measured by defensive actions in the final 60% of the pitch. But what is OPPDA in Football Manager? Is it measuring the same way or is it the average of Opposition Passes Per Defensive Actions everywhere on the pitch or in the final 60%? We don't really know and it would be helpful to know exactly. Data Hub was a great addition - it's the perfect place to have a glossary.

image.png.ef54d70c784b0e30a4288989265e499c.png

When it comes to oppda SI measures this the other way around actually. Instead of the final 60% like providers as wyscout or opta measure it, SI measures this in the first 60% starting from your own goal. Which explains the oppda numbers in general for fm being lower than the irl numbers we see.

But I completely get the point you are making about updating the manual. Should make it easier to understand the why’s and how’s of how SI comes to certain numbers as well as what the effects of different instruction combinations will be.

Edited by Kevinho7

1 hour ago, Laarko said:

At the same time the team is a serious Champions League-contender every season making it into the semifinals year 3. I still keep getting constantly bombarded with low ball offers from seemingly weaker clubs (albeit from bigger leagues sometimes). Almost every day during transfer windows 2-5 of my players are getting transfer offers from multiple clubs. AI clubs just dont seem to get when a player is not for sale. This was not always the fact earlier years.

Reputation is too overpowered for years now. Being a CL semifinal contender in Croatia will not reach a Premier Leauge mid-table reputation in SI's view.

About the "player not for sale", it is not an option. There is always a bigger fish. For the past 10 years straight the financial bully was the PL, now they got and the wrong end on the stick with the Saudi League... But you will never be able to hold on the a star player in fhe Central/Eastern European leagues, simply because of the domestic completion is not high level enough due the reputation above else and secondly the money the league has. That is why the 150-300M transfer values for players introduced in FM23 were/are, the bigger fish money. You can buy Salah for 300m, even if he is not for sale. Welcome to late stage capitalism 😁.

At the moment IRL also nobody can compete with the annual 100+ million free TV money in the PL, or the marketing pull of Real/Barca/Bayern and the oil money from the Middle East. These clubs/leagues can and will buy anyone decent enough for their aspirations as they are financially above the other top divisions.

This is probably the most realistic feature in the game currently (though the Saudi money is a bit overpowered).

In the past, with regard to setting up a new game and what exactly it affects, I have found excellent threads like the one linked below to be invaluable. Guides like this really do break things down so that you can make informed decisions at the moment of creation. :)

I remember at some point people were complaining in this thread about two clubs from the same country playing each other in the new UCL format and, since it happened to me as well (Arsenal playing Man UTD), I made a quick research on Google. It looks like it is actually normal and it is not a bug (sorry if this was clarified already).

IMG_0071.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Kevinho7 said:

When it comes to oppda SI measures this the other way around actually. Instead of the final 60% like providers as wyscout or opta measure it, SI measures this in the first 60% starting from your own goal. Which explains the oppda numbers in general for fm being lower than the irl numbers we see.

But I completely get the point you are making about updating the manual. Should make it easier to understand the why’s and how’s of how SI comes to certain numbers as well as what the effects of different instruction combinations will be.

This is what I mean, it would be extremely helpful for FM to tell how they measure this in a glossary of some sort. A general player won't know what OPPDA is or know how it's measured in game. Same with many other metrics. Dribbles is explained well, but then stuff like high-intensity sprint is incredibly vague.

The numbers, though, I still think the difference between them is very small. The difference between 1st and 20th was about 1.80. 

41 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

Reputation is too overpowered for years now. Being a CL semifinal contender in Croatia will not reach a Premier Leauge mid-table reputation in SI's view.

About the "player not for sale", it is not an option. There is always a bigger fish. For the past 10 years straight the financial bully was the PL, now they got and the wrong end on the stick with the Saudi League... But you will never be able to hold on the a star player in fhe Central/Eastern European leagues, simply because of the domestic completion is not high level enough due the reputation above else and secondly the money the league has. That is why the 150-300M transfer values for players introduced in FM23 were/are, the bigger fish money. You can buy Salah for 300m, even if he is not for sale. Welcome to late stage capitalism 😁.

At the moment IRL also nobody can compete with the annual 100+ million free TV money in the PL, or the marketing pull of Real/Barca/Bayern and the oil money from the Middle East. These clubs/leagues can and will buy anyone decent enough for their aspirations as they are financially above the other top divisions.

This is probably the most realistic feature in the game currently (though the Saudi money is a bit overpowered).

Thing is, my experience this year is that "bigger" clubs are not as prone to buying my best players for big money. It happens... but not as often as earlier years (maybe its because of economic downturn or maybe I have fewer world class players that they like). Its perfectly fine if Chelsea or Real Madrid come and buy my best player for 50M€. I would get that.

But instead, a lot of objectivly smaller clubs now hassle me constantly with low ball offers for my backup/prospect players I doubt would be succesful transfers for most of them. I would gladly sell some of these players to saudi for 20-30M € and get replacements, but instead I get Hamburg, Boavista and Reading bidding 2-4M € x 10-15 times each during a transfer window. I wish the AI could get that im in a financal position where selling these players for small sums isnt interesting after rejecting their bids 10 times. 

32 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

This is what I mean, it would be extremely helpful for FM to tell how they measure this in a glossary of some sort. A general player won't know what OPPDA is or know how it's measured in game. Same with many other metrics. Dribbles is explained well, but then stuff like high-intensity sprint is incredibly vague.

The numbers, though, I still think the difference between them is very small. The difference between 1st and 20th was about 1.80. 

I saw a chart on Reddit earlier today for League One teams to highlight each team's style of play and the gap between highest number of passes and lowest was weirdly about 1.8.

That being said I thought the number of passes was crazy low with the lowest being about 1.7 and the highest about 3.5!

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I saw a chart on Reddit earlier today for League One teams to highlight each team's style of play and the gap between highest number of passes and lowest was weirdly about 1.8.

That being said I thought the number of passes was crazy low with the lowest being about 1.7 and the highest about 3.5!

OPPDA is probably one of the best examples of a stat that can be interpreted/implemented in hundreds of different ways, depending on provider. But other stats such as xG, 'big chance', clearance, dribble etc. are all oftentimes just subjective, down to the interpretation of the person recording the stats and can differ between providers.

As an example, some providers don't use xG to decide what a 'big chance' is, instead it's just down to the person recording the stats to decide whether it feels like one to them. Some providers even use this kind of subjective 'big chance' statistic IN their xG calculations! Comparing stats between different providers can be a dangerous game.

For OPPDA, not just the location of the pitch you use, but also simply how you define a 'defensive action' in the first place will have a huge impact on how the resulting stat comes out. I generally wouldn't recommend comparing this stat to real-life providers, instead just using it to compare different teams within the gameworld and seeing if the teams that are low/high feel right based on how they are playing.

Ah, great. I've been getting around most things but finally something which is a bit of a showstopper for my save.

Won the swedish league in my fourth season so qualified for champions league playoff.

First leg fixture finally gets confirmed for 10th August but I can't register anyone for the competition until the 12th and there was no option for me to do it prior.

Great, and I imagine the same will happen in future years.

Anyone else hit the same issue? The swedish league runs April - November so there's always a weird 7 month lag before starting the european campaign you qualified for, might be a factor.

EDIT: Just checked and is a known issue. 

Edited by jayedson

21 minutes ago, alvinho922 said:

Will we get an update later this month? Hopefully they solve this absurd amount of goals in this version.

nobody knows as they say its ready when its ready imo its likely to be dec for a major update if its before then bonus 

• SI Staff
10 minutes ago, Oliver Roland said:

I am always sad when I have succesfull season and I lose it all because of mad fixtures schedule at the end of the season which SI cant solve for years. But now I checked my future opponent in Champions League final and saw this madness:

madnesswxi03.jpg

I should get refund for this :D 

Hello, if you can create a post in the link below, with your save file uploaded we can take a closer look.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/competition-rules-and-schedule/england-competition-specific-issues/

Just now, rjferguson90 said:

Just read that a reasonably well-known editor has quit due to a disagreement with SI; on top of all the issues already this has killed FM24 for me. I play for the smaller league databases and whatever the disagreement was has upset this person enough to make them not want to support the company.

It's been said multiple times, as recently as on this very page, but SI's leadership and goals with the series have to be called into question at this point. It really is starting to feel like a cash grab ala EA with FIFA, and in the process alienating players who have loved the game for years - and worse, people who have poured their heart and soul into the game to make it so much better.

respect your opinion, but disagree entirely. SI will never be able to please everyone or fix every problem, but i feel they do a damn good job of striking the middle ground and pleasing the majority. 

Big thumbs up to all those hard workers at Sports Interactive from me, I have so much sympathy with the abuse you get (not from OP just in general) on the forum

4 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Just read that a reasonably well-known editor has quit due to a disagreement with SI; on top of all the issues already this has killed FM24 for me. I play for the smaller league databases and whatever the disagreement was has upset this person enough to make them not want to support the company.

It's been said multiple times, as recently as on this very page, but SI's leadership and goals with the series have to be called into question at this point. It really is starting to feel like a cash grab ala EA with FIFA, and in the process alienating players who have loved the game for years - and worse, people who have poured their heart and soul into the game to make it so much better.

Who? Dave the editor? 

4 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Before I report it as a bug, is anyone else seeing what seems to be an excessive amount of goals in the 46th minute, immediately after the second half kicks off?

Direct from kick offs of either half I've seen quite a few goals. Enough to be noticeable not enough to be excessive.

4 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Would appreciate an explanation as to why the mods removed my post with a simple link to the Advertising Standards Agency...?

They deleted my post as well. I spent over £40 on this broken game

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Bahoi:

And also at the beginning of the match.

Minutes 1-10 and 45-55 are the worst. Probably has something to do with the Pep talk not producing any effects.

In 3 out of my 6 group stage matches in CL i allowed a goal in minute 1. Morale in champions league games is already all over the place. Guess this really magnifies it.

Edited by w3t

I’ve said this more than once. SI should just open the beta branch again, so with the bugs they have fixed so far, the players could just get on with the features they paid for. Everyone would understand it’s a beta branch of the patch and would be a lot happier than without one. Also 2 birds 1 stone, as they would report the bugs they find in the beta patch, just as they do with the full release!

24 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I’ve said this more than once. SI should just open the beta branch again, so with the bugs they have fixed so far, the players could just get on with the features they paid for. Everyone would understand it’s a beta branch of the patch and would be a lot happier than without one. Also 2 birds 1 stone, as they would report the bugs they find in the beta patch, just as they do with the full release!

And that is so easy to embed, I’ve worked with Creative Assembly on Total War games and I tested beta updates for their games pre release, very straightforward to implement on steam 

Edited by Slates84

1 minute ago, Slates84 said:

At that is so easy to embed, I’ve worked with Creative Assembly on Total War games and I tested beta updates for their games pre release, very straightforward to implement on steam 

The last time I asked, the reasoning was they never had many users take it up. I think the last time they done it was probably 5 years ago, could be more. What I don’t understand is the world is a very different place now compared to then. A lot of games are coming out buggy, people want fixes ASAP! Even if it’s to be able to player a version of the game even 10% better than it currently is. And a beta patch will give you possibly 100,000’s of free beta testers! Especially with the new audiences they’ve attracted with the new leagues.

Opening up a proper beta probably requires a good number of users to properly beta test to make it worthwhile.  And properly beta testing isn't going to be something that a lot of people are particularly interested in doing, because it's often tedious.  It's not really just playing normally and chucking up a few bug reports when you find them, in fact it's often not really playing at all.  Otherwise they can just lean on people raising issues with the retail copy.  They've tried it before, they shuttered it, I can only assume they don't see it as worth the effort.  Hard to argue given one side has the numbers on it.

hace 16 minutos, greenz81 dijo:

You have about 50 posts telling SI what they should or shouldn't do. What about some humility and letting the highly successful videogame company decide? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but isn't it a bit much when I can't read through a single page of this thread without reading your opinion of what SI should do?

2 minutes ago, TokyoWanderer said:

You have about 50 posts telling SI what they should or shouldn't do. What about some humility and letting the highly successful videogame company decide? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but isn't it a bit much when I can't read through a single page of this thread without reading your opinion of what SI should do?

It’s called moving with the times. A lot of games offer beta branches. A lot of companies release patches when they have fixed the problem. I don’t know many game companies that hold off little hot fixes for 1 big patch! I’m a paying customer that is pointing out the service being provided is a bit dated. We don’t even have a known bugs list! Instead people are not sure what they are experiencing are bugs or game design! They have to go through all the pages in the forum to find it or post it, only to be told it’s a known issue! 

21 minutes ago, welshdragon said:

I've been an Championship Manager/Football Manager player for 30 years (yes, I'm one of those guys!) since it was released on the Amiga and I've spent HOURS playing the game religiously every year. I'm an obsessive, even used to buy the magazine (google it). The one element of CM/FM that always completely immersed myself into the game is - the realism.

This is the first edition of FM I am unable to play since it's release. The inflated goal count and unrealistically high scoring matches has absolutely killed it for me. My mate and I always play online and it's the first time we are having zero satisfaction from the game due to the goal count and the seemingly easy nature to win.

Now, I'm a simple man and not intelligent enough to understand why this is happening - is it higher conversion rate, is the defending weaker this edition, is gegenpressing overpowered. All I know is that this version has lost it's USP for me - the realism.

I can never overly criticize SI Games due to the amount of hours I've spent playing their product, which is like an addiction to me - but this is the first time it's been mid November and I'm not able to play the latest FM version - plus it's an international break, which compounds the frustration!

Joining that club, also for the amount of years playing this game :thup: although, personally, I cannot say it is unplayable. Trying to be positive about those issues I would say it is more challenging :D The one thing that it is not understandable is about bugs that are reported, fixed with an update or sometimes with the next edition of the game and then the same bugs return.  

38 minutes ago, welshdragon said:

I've been an Championship Manager/Football Manager player for 30 years (yes, I'm one of those guys!) since it was released on the Amiga and I've spent HOURS playing the game religiously every year. I'm an obsessive, even used to buy the magazine (google it). The one element of CM/FM that always completely immersed myself into the game is - the realism.

This is the first edition of FM I am unable to play since it's release. The inflated goal count and unrealistically high scoring matches has absolutely killed it for me. My mate and I always play online and it's the first time we are having zero satisfaction from the game due to the goal count and the seemingly easy nature to win.

Now, I'm a simple man and not intelligent enough to understand why this is happening - is it higher conversion rate, is the defending weaker this edition, is gegenpressing overpowered. All I know is that this version has lost it's USP for me - the realism.

I can never overly criticize SI Games due to the amount of hours I've spent playing their product, which is like an addiction to me - but this is the first time it's been mid November and I'm not able to play the latest FM version - plus it's an international break, which compounds the frustration!

Could not have said it better myself 🙏🏻