FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Reflection86 said:

Doing it now as I'm convinced it's a bug. Can't be right that IRL prem u21 teams are packed full of foreign kids, yet in game none of them can play an u21 match, simply cos they aren't registered in the 25 man first team squad. They can play in the actual Premier League maches without being registered, but not the u21 league!

I'm not seeing this issue. Just loaded up a quick save with a Premier League team to check, and there's no rule that I can see relating to foreign players of any age being unable to play in games. Furthermore, the U21s have just played a game in which a foreign U21 player who is not registered for the first team squad played.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone managed to get a player to agree to a target yet?

All I've managed to get is rejections and people getting annoyed by the mere suggestion of one.

Got to say the interactions with players so far are even worse than last year's and I avoided them like the plague they were that broken in that version.

The difference in presentation of hearing impairments and sight impairments has actually offended me more than I thought it would as I don't usually get offended by such things and even on the rare occasion I hear a deaf joke find them as amusing as the next person.  But to class one as an ability aid and one as an accessory has just riled me up so much that I've requested a refund and won't purchase another until hearing and sight impairments are treated the same.

Why are vision aids (glasses) not in the "ability aids" section of the avatar creation like hearing aids are?  Nice of you to add those btw but classing them in different sections with different connotations in their naming is something I find discriminatory as they should both be categorised either as accessories or ability aids.

What is the point in creating an avatar before being able to do anything else?   When you then have to create an avatar when you start a new game anyway.  Can't even change the preferences (which include features to aid visibility) before having to create an avatar.

Edited by blackdevil
improved clarity and articulation of thoughts

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

I think it's due to the new game modes (if you are trying one of those?). May be worth creating a dummy manager to start the game, then add a new manager right after and retire the dummy one.

@FM'd-BRO this is correct, as per workthespace's first chelsea video:

7 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

All I've managed to get is rejections and people getting annoyed by the mere suggestion of one.

Got to say the interactions with players so far are even worse than last year's and I avoided them like the plague they were that broken in that version.

I've had player accept an average rating for training, average rating of 7.5 to become an important player the next season 

Anyone else having trouble importing views into scouting or shortlists? Downloaded FM Stag's views for FM24. Squad and Schedule ones all work a treat. When I try to import scouting views it imports but doesn't actually appear on the drop down for me to select it.

13 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I've had a few loanees agree to it. Not tried it with a new contract yet. 

21 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Most of my success with it so far is when they want something, rather than me initiating it, which kinda makes sense. They want something, they need to prove it. Me wanting them to prove something without there being a clear reason would be a harder sell, I think.

4 minutes ago, XaW said:

Most of my success with it so far is when they want something, rather than me initiating it, which kinda makes sense. They want something, they need to prove it. Me wanting them to prove something without there being a clear reason would be a harder sell, I think.

This makes sense. I'll see if I have any luck when someone comes and complains. Which won't be long 😂

Hi guys, so far a few observations after playing in July and August with transfers disabled

First of all, the game seems to run very smoothly, I mean the processing time seems quicker than FM23, and it's appreciated

ME is the fluidest I've ever experienced so far in FM, you will now have different types of actions from your players, they're smarter on the pitch and that leads to a new variety of goals and movements which is refreshing and closer to reality

Set pieces are a new area which according me, needs time to understand and if you want to master it, it's important to take your time, but it could be game changer so it's a nice feature for me so far

Gegenpress seems to be really effective in this version once again

Also have a side save running to understand in the future how players are developing, especially for the National teams, same for the AI team building on the transfer market

Cheers guys

Edited by nico_france

The ME looks absolutely beautiful - my first game (from my FM23 save) was an away Conference League tie in Bulgaria and it looks fantastic under the lights, a lovely smokey effect being quite prominent. Stunning!

il y a 1 minute, Kingstontom88 a dit :

Haven't been able to tuck into the game yet - see a lot of praise for ME, which is great - but is anyone seeing a difference in the levels? E.g are lower league games a bit more scrappy?

Did not manage at this level atm

But I would like to feel a big difference as well between elite football and lower leagues 

7 minutes ago, Kingstontom88 said:

Haven't been able to tuck into the game yet - see a lot of praise for ME, which is great - but is anyone seeing a difference in the levels? E.g are lower league games a bit more scrappy?

Have only played league 1 football and two Prem teams in friendlies.

The games in L1 definitely get scrappy with passages of play where both sides give the ball away before one eventually manages to build an attack.

The two Prem sides capitalised on it much more and didn't give it back were more fluid in the transition to the counter.

15 minutes ago, jmb1403 said:

I have reported this but was wondering if anyone else had this issue

I have imported my FM23 save into 24 along with the training schedules but they seem to default to rest

Any workaround?

image.thumb.png.6238d992d399c1fe03b0edbf5a076e67.png

I've also had this. It may be because my imported schedules had sessions in them that are no longer available (such as defensive positioning and attacking movement).

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

I've also had this. It may be because my imported schedules had sessions in them that are no longer available (such as defensive positioning and attacking movement).

Ahh yeah I didn't think about that, I am pretty sure that they did work at first but then reset

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Not had any issues with interactions so far, and I've been able to set targets for a few players, all from new contracts. Not tried any loan targets, etc. 

Having worked in some form of customer service for most of my adult life, I understand how, at best,  baffling people can be, so I just build that into the game narrative if an interaction goes awry. :D

54 minutes ago, nico_france said:

Hi guys, so far a few observations after playing in July and August with transfers disabled

First of all, the game seems to run very smoothly, I mean the processing time seems quicker than FM23, and it's appreciated

ME is the fluidest I've ever experienced so far in FM, you will now have different types of actions from your players, they're smarter on the pitch and that leads to a new variety of goals and movements which is refreshing and closer to reality

Set pieces are a new area which according me, needs time to understand and if you want to master it, it's important to take your time, but it could be game changer so it's a nice feature for me so far

Gegenpress seems to be really effective in this version once again

Also have a side save running to understand in the future how players are developing, especially for the National teams, same for the AI team building on the transfer market

Cheers guys

I agree Gegenpress is very over powered.... Gegenpress should only be a viable tactic with the right players and a bigger enough squad to cope with the physical nature of this tactic - Currently you can play this style of play with ANY team and mix of players and get immediate success, its such a shame because its my favourite style of play but makes the game too easy.

6 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

Anyone noticed a lot of screamers going in?

Last two games the opposition have had Xgs of 1.03 and 1.47 and I've conceded 5 in both games, and 8 of the ten goals were from outside the area.

I have noticed quite a lot of high scoring games. My overall observations so far is that too many goals are being scored. But, we need to to see over a few seasons to see if this is a problem or not. 

Edited by Weller1980

1 minute ago, Weller1980 said:

I agree Gegenpress is very over powered.... Gegenpress should only be a viable tactic with the right players and a bigger enough squad to cope with the physical nature of this tactic - Currently you can play this style of play with ANY team and mix of players and get immediate success, its such a shame because its my favourite style of play but makes the game too easy.

It may be something of an out for those who just want to enjoy the game by having a simpler journey to success - not that this was intended by SI, but I suppose it's fine to have that option. I agree though, it would be good to see it falter for teams who just don't have the players for it. I never use myself, so don't mind, but I get it that that's not the point.

Two things for me:

Player’s attention 

With players that nobody is looking at, has been available for months, and then as soon as I put a bid in, the whole world piles on, and with one hit of continue he’s signed for someone else. Happens with almost every player I try and sign.

I appreciate an agent or player putting his name out there, but it’s a little bit crazy the speed at which everyone everyone comes in. Especially as nobody has bothered with them for months. 

Would love this to be looked it. Makes playing lower league saves quite frustrating! 

Squad planner screen size

Unless I play on 85% screen size on my gaming laptop, I don’t see the star ratings on the squad planner. 

My screen size is 1536x864…is that too small? 

Apart from those two points, enjoying the game so far! 

13 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I have noticed quite a lot of high scoring games. My overall observations so far is that too many goals are being scored. But, we need to to see over a few seasons to see if this is a problem or not. 

I've noticed AI teams that use a 4-4-2 concede too many goals.

3 minutes ago, Reerhy said:

Two things for me:

Player’s attention 

With players that nobody is looking at, has been available for months, and then as soon as I put a bid in, the whole world piles on, and with one hit of continue he’s signed for someone else. Happens with almost every player I try and sign.

I appreciate an agent or player putting his name out there, but it’s a little bit crazy the speed at which everyone everyone comes in. Especially as nobody has bothered with them for months. 

Would love this to be looked it. Makes playing lower league saves quite frustrating! 

Look at it from the other side. If you have a player on your shortlist, you'll be notified as soon as an AI club puts a bid in. There's been many times when this has happened and I've then bid on the player so I don't lose out. AI managers just doing the same thing. 

I do like the updated match engine this year as previously mentioned, but one thing niggles me a bit and that's the acceleration of the ball going into the net. It's kinda hard to explain, but there's been a few times when a player has shot and the ball moves unrealistically fast as it's going into the net. I know the ball movement will be faster for a shot than a pass, and it's maybe that the ball movement in the passing phase has been slowed down making it stand out more, but it seems a little off. Perhaps not. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I do like the updated match engine this year as previously mentioned, but one thing niggles me a bit and that's the acceleration of the ball going into the net. It's kinda hard to explain, but there's been a few times when a player has shot and the ball moves unrealistically fast as it's going into the net. I know the ball movement will be faster for a shot than a pass, and it's maybe that the ball movement in the passing phase has been slowed down making it stand out more, but it seems a little off. Perhaps not. 

I think I've noticed the same. Especially when a shot is at the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper parrying and getting something onto it seems to be like he's hit it with a cricket bat for six it suddenly moves that fast

23 minutos atrás, Weller1980 disse:

I agree with you, this is my first 4 games in Brazilian state championship.

i think if SI lower a lit bit the amount of goals, it would be a perfect match engine

image.png.bd0220bcb88a7f95b3f516f318b11f17.png

35 minutes ago, girotex8 said:

Anyone noticed a lot of screamers going in?

Last two games the opposition have had Xgs of 1.03 and 1.47 and I've conceded 5 in both games, and 8 of the ten goals were from outside the area.

Yes. A few too many long rangers going in for my tastes.

1 час назад, kiwityke1983 сказал:

This makes sense. I'll see if I have any luck when someone comes and complains. Which won't be long 😂

experience from past years suggests that they begin to obey better over time. especially if team results are good. at the start of the first season there is no authority, because manager has no background and just comes from nowhere.

13 minutes ago, Shambolic said:

I've had 5 penalties in 6 games. 

I’d be curious to find out how many penalties we actually see in RL? Feels like most games in the prem these days involve a penalty, unfortunately. 

EDIT: not sure why I didn’t just check before posting… 

Man City had the most in the league last season with 10, while the lowest was 3. 

Edited by josh.miller92

5 minutes ago, hammer man said:

Anybody else feel that the match day is a little hazy/foggy? Or is it just me?

Aye, I've noticed that too, the lighting is generally better, but the pitch could do with more shadows on it, particularly shadows from the stadium. A bit like how it looked in the promotional still image when they were showing off the improved lighting. 

Also, disappointed to still see sun shining on the pitch when it's raining. Surely that's an easy thing to get right. 

From a brief play through, about 5 hours in total, there have been massive improvements in some areas of the game. 

The ME team have done an amazing job to better recreate a football match, players seem to follow instructions more closely and the movement of players around them is simply brilliant.  I mean, I'm still rubbish at setting up a tactic but they're doing what I told then to do so it's on me!

The UI is cleaner and fresher which is good at the minute, there will be some minor changes that I'll do to some screens at some point but the colour scheme is one I like.

The only change that has appeared that will make me think is the number of players loaded, setting up the same country/leagues as FM23 creates about 40k more in this year's game and may slow the game down so it'll be a bit of work finding the right balance, but overall the improvements to processing are spot on.

The options of starting the game with real world, your world etc is also something I think is an improvement to add elements of realism to my own way of playing.

All in all at this point it's really really good so a well deserved thank you to SI from me.

4 minutes ago, m@rk said:

From a brief play through, about 5 hours in total, there have been massive improvements in some areas of the game. 

The ME team have done an amazing job to better recreate a football match, players seem to follow instructions more closely and the movement of players around them is simply brilliant.  I mean, I'm still rubbish at setting up a tactic but they're doing what I told then to do so it's on me!

The UI is cleaner and fresher which is good at the minute, there will be some minor changes that I'll do to some screens at some point but the colour scheme is one I like.

The only change that has appeared that will make me think is the number of players loaded, setting up the same country/leagues as FM23 creates about 40k more in this year's game and may slow the game down so it'll be a bit of work finding the right balance, but overall the improvements to processing are spot on.

The options of starting the game with real world, your world etc is also something I think is an improvement to add elements of realism to my own way of playing.

All in all at this point it's really really good so a well deserved thank you to SI from me.

I also noticed this, but starting to wonder if it was maybe deliberate. The game seems so well optimized maybe the extra 30-40k isn't going to have that much of an effect?

19 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I think I've noticed the same. Especially when a shot is at the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper parrying and getting something onto it seems to be like he's hit it with a cricket bat for six it suddenly moves that fast

Yeah I've seen some shots and headers that have a rocket league look about them. Hopefully something that can be ironed out to do with the new ball physics code.  

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Not had any issues with interactions so far, and I've been able to set targets for a few players, all from new contracts. Not tried any loan targets, etc. 

Having worked in some form of customer service for most of my adult life, I understand how, at best,  baffling people can be, so I just build that into the game narrative if an interaction goes awry. :D

I had a Loan Target greenlit with a youngster who said it's fine for him a 6.90 Avg Rating for half a season in order for him to become a Squad Player upon returning. 

I know it's a bit low but I wanted to see if they work. They do. 

Early impressions, and I write this as someone who has been PLAGUED by match-engine issues in recent years ... 

The new engine if fantastic. No issues at all with it. Best one I've seen in a long time which sort of now makes me nervous for next year's iteration, because this is finally one that plays like a dream and I am really loving it although there's a sort of haziness to it at times as if you're watching bits of it through light fog. Might be the way it's meant to look - I'm usually playing in the UK so there's usually always rain haha. The lighting effects need a little work; sometimes the pattern of the pitches makes it seem like there are shadows on it but they're not. Other than that, and those are minor compared to stuttering which is non-existent, I absolutely love it.

One thing I'd like the devs to confirm; when starting the game the default databases are loading more players than ever, right? Cause my standard setup from FM2023 gets me three and half stars out of five which is comfortable to play with, but here exact same setup is loading more than 56,000 players and is getting me three stars. That's a major change, and people should be aware of it, those playing on lower specs.