SF1: Argentina vs Croatia, 7PM GMT, Lusail Iconic Stadium

Darius1998

12 minutes ago, JD nawrat said:

There's no chance he retires mid-season. 

Considering links of him moving to MLS in Jan are strong, mid season retirement on back of a World Cup win is possible.

Then come back for one season swansong in Argentina for Newell Old Boys.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Orzelek said:

He got you a World Cup final and a semifinal, and you still don't like him :D

Because football is a strange game where luck plays a huge role, especially in cup competitions and especially with NT teams.

He deserves credit for what he did, he took a team over a few days before must win game in Kyiv in 2017 and qualified.

But it also had to be said that Croatia is the best possible squad to be tactically inept. Modrić, Brozović, Kovačić and before Rakitić. You just put them on the pitch together and they'll know what to do.

The list of his tactical mistakes is massive. As I said the other day, the thing saving us is that we play to the opponent's level.

But if you look at qualifiers or even matches like Morocco and Japan from this tournament, it's just extremely frustrating to watch.

Every match except for absolute minnows is a chore. Barely won a group with Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Cyprus and Malta.

Won on the final matchday with a late own- goal.

And as I said multiple times, just look at our matches against Spain and Portugal in 2016 and compare it to any Dalić match against top teams. But he had the luck, back then we didn't. Neither did we in 2012, 2008 or 1996 where we definitely had semi-final worthy teams.

Is there actually any managers, that you rate? :D 

You know it. :D

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

The same Saliba that can't get into France's XI, yet

France squad is stacked though. Not sure Gvardiol would get into France's XI, either. Not with Deschamps there. Laporte couldn't even get a single cap under him fs :D

1 minute ago, JD nawrat said:

France squad is stacked though. Not sure Gvardiol would get into France's XI, either. Not with Deschamps there. Laporte couldn't even get a single cap under him fs :D

What do you mean, Gvardiol would definitely play LB over Theo. :lol:

Bundesliga watchers should have a better gauge on his level.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Just now, error username in use said:

For such a small nation, Croatia have done really well to make the semis by winning just one game of football :thup:

Shame once there they got pumped, but can hold their heads high by not scoring in 90 minutes again.

Amazing feat really, especially when you realize how hard is it to score penalties since strikers worth 100 million can't even hit shots on target.

1 minute ago, error username in use said:

For such a small nation, Croatia have done really well to make the semis by winning just one game of football :thup:

Shame once there they got pumped, but can hold their heads high by not scoring in 90 minutes again.

pEI8dj9.gif?noredirect

1 minute ago, kpain16 said:

Fair play. They completely dominated us, just like we dominated them in 2018. Makes it pretty easy to accept the defeat.

It was game with no chances, then Scaloni smartly gave us the ball because we don't have a functioning attack, we pushed up and Lovren did what he does best.

Then second goal comes from an awful sequence of events and there was that.

Just now, Pukey said:

Did Pougatch really just ask if Messi is on a different level to Gary Neville??!?!?!?!?

I've always thought Pougatch was an insufferably smug arse who likes the sound of his own voice far too much and doesn't know half as much about football as he thinks he does, but he really has taken his game to a whole new level lately

This Argentina side have so much industry and tenacity, I can’t believe how effective they are. Croatia didn’t get near the goal really, they have really good, experienced attackers.

Molina, De Paul, Enzo and their CB’s have been utterly fantastic. Obviously Messi is the best player you’ll see and Alvarez is so, so good.

10 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

For years I've been listening about Matterface guy, but I never actually listened to a match he's commentating, I'll have to search youtube now. :lol:

would save yourself the bother. He's not rubbish in a particularly interesting way, just standard football cliches, the occasional line he's obviously prepared in advance and is a bit pleased with himself for, and once or twice a game the sort of comment that makes you wonder if he ever watched football before getting the job

1 minute ago, Ackter said:

Why would that be irony?

It's like raaaaaaain....

3 minutes ago, Ackter said:

Why would that be irony?

The likes of Maldini and Crujiff don't have one, Cristiano and Messi wouldn't be any different.

Both had plenty of fair chances with worthy teams, we'll see if Messi can deliver on Sunday.

This WC Messi is having is definitely the best individual performance since Ronaldo in 2002.

Just now, enigmatic said:

would save yourself the bother. He's not rubbish in a particularly interesting way, just standard football cliches, the occasional line he's obviously prepared in advance and is a bit pleased with himself for, and once or twice a game the sort of comment that makes you wonder if he ever watched football before getting the job

Did he use the "2-0 is the most dangerous result" when Pašalić missed that point blank shot?

If not, not enough cliches. :D

Edited by GunmaN1905

5 minutes ago, martinji said:

I've always thought Pougatch was an insufferably smug arse who likes the sound of his own voice far too much and doesn't know half as much about football as he thinks he does, but he really has taken his game to a whole new level lately

This. I dislike him more than Matterface.