*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

Details that need to be looked at more closely by the QA team:

1- IF/IW cutting inside in dribbling, not only turning to the middle and throwing balls

2- Defenders (mainly weaker) more likely to get rid of the ball according to the intensity of pressure from the opponent. That doesn't mean pointless long balls, or throwing that automatically become a goal threat.

By calmly and patiently adjusting these details, I'm sure the ME will be nice 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

1- IF/IW cutting inside in dribbling, not only turning to the middle and throwing balls

2- Defenders (mainly weaker) more likely to get rid of the ball according to the intensity of pressure from the opponent. That doesn't mean pointless long balls, or throwing that automatically become a goal threat.

1st one made me very upset

I loved the previous ME to see some dribbles..

The only hope is the next ME in March. 

4 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

There is also a possibility that IFS are not cutting inside because there is no space or central defenders are hoofing the ball because the defensive line is too deep and their passing options are too risky to pass to.

8 minutos atrás, Rashidi disse:

There is also a possibility that IFS are not cutting inside because there is no space or central defenders are hoofing the ball because the defensive line is too deep and their passing options are too risky to pass to.

In the second option I meant that I would like to see defenders hoofing the ball more often. I'm sorry, English is not my native language. I'm still learning some football expressions 

Sad to see the new patch seems to have killed the ability to shut games down and reverted to a low block being a green light to getting ripped to shreds. Pre patch there is only one time i recall blowing a lead when i shut up shop with a bit of the game left, usually worked a treat as it should more often than not. tried it twice post patch, first time 2-1 up at home with 20 minutes to go, they get 3 big chances and take one 2-2. second time 3-1 up away with 15 minutes to go, switch to shut down and draw 3-3 as they cut through me at will.

10 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

In the second option I meant that I would like to see defenders hoofing the ball more often. I'm sorry, English is not my native language. I'm still learning some football expressions 

Gotcha! 

7 hours ago, Blutarsky said:

This is exactly what is happening to me.  Windows... pretty souped up computer.  It has stayed like that for over 10 minutes

You tried verifying the game files on steam mate? That worked for me

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, Emozil said:

How do you do the command line? A friend of mine is having the same issue and verifying the files hasn't worked for him

Through steam right click FM, properties and then add it into the Launch Options box. I'm just checking for the screenshot that shows how to do it for game pass.

For Game Pass you would put it on the end of the Target, but for the actual game .exe not the shortcut.

image.png.18e18055d5ca3f8e92cde9afa1bbbb8b.png

Look's like there's a limit on how much you can spend per month on player salaries, which can't exceed 370K.  So about 15K monthly salary per player, if you have a full 25 man roster.

There's some financial rules for the Division:

image.png.28e184d6cedf28c9b6f08c07a58015d2.png

So I would think the 370K limit is a team thing.

Which one are you playing?

• SI Staff

For those who are experiencing technical issues a good stop by page is this one: https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/sections/9807315748881-Technical-Issues?page=1#articles 

If it can help with your issue then that is great but it will provide routes to continue with creating a support ticket should it not work. 

I’m not judging the ME after the update here, I really haven’t spent much time with it yet. I was wondering, more by curiosity, would it be something SI would consider (or even be possible) that they could release the ME before the update. So then everyone has a choice and can play on the ME they enjoyed more. 

40 minutos atrás, Jellico73 disse:

Look's like there's a limit on how much you can spend per month on player salaries, which can't exceed 370K.  So about 15K monthly salary per player, if you have a full 25 man roster.

There's some financial rules for the Division:

image.png.28e184d6cedf28c9b6f08c07a58015d2.png

So I would think the 370K limit is a team thing.

Which one are you playing?

Second Division of Spain. This new rule is new for me

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

Could someone explain to me what this means? It's messing up all my planning and preventing me from renewing contracts

image.png.5dace277e76c671af9cb7bb60d0e67b1.png

La Liga’s salary budget is the only one of its kind in Europe’s major leagues. It holds its member clubs responsible for their expenditure and ensures that they remain within the confines of their revenue generated.

The league president, Javier Tebas, introduced a 70% rule, where a club’s wage bill should not be more than 70% of their entire income.

But there are also underlying rules in place in terms of a club’s total debt which feeds into the number applied to a club’s salary limit which is why two clubs - Barcelona and Valencia - who have continued to spend despite amassing significant losses have been so adversely affected here.

Not all clubs are in agreement with the cap; indeed Barcelona and Real Madrid have been at war with Tebas for some time in respect of what they should be allowed to spend. But what these numbers show is that Real Madrid’s prudence during the pandemic has been rewarded and should allow them to easily outmuscle Barca in the transfer market for years to come.

source: https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/es-la-liga/2021/09/la-liga-salary-limit-cap-every-club-revealed-barcelona-forced-slash-costs

Officially, that's why Messi had to leave Barca..

Edited by SC00P0NE

I see on the forum that many people have the same problem as me. Briefly to explain: When I type in the Steam command --disable_flip_discard then the problem with the slow loading of the game disappears but in the match engine of the match there is a micro delay and twitching and it is annoying to watch it. When I enter the game without a command --disable_flip_discard loading the game is very slow, the card starts to work noisily because it is at 100%, but when it enters the game and plays matches, there is no micro delay and everything looks perfect, except that the graphics card is overloaded and works loudly. I didn't have any problems until yesterday's update and the game worked perfectly. My system is : Windows 11, AMD Software PRO Edition - 22Q4; Graphics
Radeon RX 580 Series - Usable Memory Size
8192 MB; Memory Type
GDDR5; Total Memory Bandwidth
256 GByte/s; CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor
6 Cores; RAM
16 GB
All drivers have been updated. I hope this helps you fix the problem that has arisen from the game update as soon as possible

Noticed my save has become victim to a few annoying glitches post update. 

• Team of the year on the end of season review thing completely gubbed. Showing players that didn't even play for me, completely wrong formation, and only three of the players played regularly in the side.
  • Dynamic manager timeline showing me signing the same player twice for different amounts
  • International reports showing my young players playing for the full national side when it was just an U-19 game they played for. 

None of these things happened pre-update. I'm sure more will crop up. I know these updates are supposed to be save game compatible, but it will be beyond annoying if this causes my save to become borked. 

30 minutes ago, sanela.hodzic79 said:

I see on the forum that many people have the same problem as me. Briefly to explain: When I type in the Steam command --disable_flip_discard then the problem with the slow loading of the game disappears but in the match engine of the match there is a micro delay and twitching and it is annoying to watch it. When I enter the game without a command --disable_flip_discard loading the game is very slow, the card starts to work noisily because it is at 100%, but when it enters the game and plays matches, there is no micro delay and everything looks perfect, except that the graphics card is overloaded and works loudly. I didn't have any problems until yesterday's update and the game worked perfectly. My system is : Windows 11, AMD Software PRO Edition - 22Q4; Graphics
Radeon RX 580 Series - Usable Memory Size
8192 MB; Memory Type
GDDR5; Total Memory Bandwidth
256 GByte/s; CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor
6 Cores; RAM
16 GB
All drivers have been updated. I hope this helps you fix the problem that has arisen from the game update as soon as possible

I would assume SI has fix boiling up as not many FM players skim the forums

8 hours ago, GOODNAME said:

I played like 10 games and i agree with him

Its just like FM 22, pass pass pass pass pass pass pass goal

No chaos, no dribble, just boring football. 

What highlights you use? I use comprehensive and certainly see chaos, interceptions etc. 

Edit. I don't blame you being blind but maybe highlights should be adjusted in some way.

Edited by Pasonen

My own observation: The common thing in the matches with high pass counts is that the teams play with the tactics with 5 defenders. Especially if both teams use five defenders, high pass counts possibility becomes even stronger. If SI officials want to examine it, they can check with this in mind.

Note: I checked my pre-update saves, although not as much as now, there are examples where the defenders went up to 150, 180 passes in matches that tactics with 5 defenders in use.

Early impressions of the ME, playing as a European spot contender in the EPL and on comprehensive highlights, is that things are a lot more controlled following the patch.  The mistakes and interceptions are still there, but not quite as 'in your face' - I would hope that things get more obvious as you move down the leagues, but I won't see that in this save.  Other observations are that defensive positioning is generally a little better and corners seem to be better defended.  

I didn't really have a problem with the ME pre-patch, but for playing in a top tier league this ME version seems to have ironed out some of the behaviour that was more suited to lower leagues that was happening too often in the EPL.

Every time I see highlight what starts from 1) Middlefield interception moves into 2) Opponent penalty area 3)Get defended 4)Gets build into a fast attack to other direction and 5) Ends into a shot to other goal, makes me very happy and I realise how much this game have progressed forward. :applause::thup:

14 minutes ago, Hoarau said:

Can someone advise if VAR has been added to the Scottish Premier League and if so is it save game compatible? 

been added you will need to to start a new save as with any rule or data changes

5 dakika önce, Pasonen said:

Every time I see highlight what starts from 1) Middlefield interception moves into 2) Opponent penalty area 3)Get defended 4)Gets build into a fast attack to other direction and 5) Ends into a shot to other goal, makes me very happy and I realise how much this game have progressed forward. :applause::thup:

Assuming your comment is not sarcastic, I'd like to ask a question: Did you notice a difference in terms of cutting inside of IWs and IFs compared to pre-update?

I'm really loving the new update. A quickfire list of why:

• Much more responsive UI
  • Increased processing speed
  • Lots of small niggles fixed
  • The match engine plays much better, with fewer long balls over the top.
  • Defenders seem to actually understand positioning now.

And for a more fun thing, my counterattacking tactic that soaks up pressure and go quick seems even better than before! :D

PV0WRaJ.png

MpGswDL.png

9 minutes ago, d d said:

Do you decreased processing time, instead of increase.

Ah, meant increased processing _speed_. Will edit my post, thanks.

19 minutes ago, XaW said:

• Increased processing time

And for a more fun thing, my counterattacking tactic that soaks up pressure and go quick seems even better than before! :D

PV0WRaJ.png

MpGswDL.png

What’s the idea behind how you named your players?

I have noticed that the ME seems less chaotic even in lower leagues. I fail to see missed passes as much anymore and pass count has really increased. Sad

Edited by guku

23 dakika önce, XaW said:

• Increased processing speed

PV0WRaJ.png

MpGswDL.png

Let me ask you the same question I asked another user, this is last :)

Did you notice a difference in terms of cutting inside of IWs and IFs compared to pre-update?

2 minutes ago, guku said:

I have noticed that the ME seems less chaotic even in lower leagues. I fail to see missed passes as much anymore. Sad

It’s a bit sad but I kind of like it in a way because before even very players would lose the ball for no reason which was annoying. If it affected mostly players with bad first touch, composure, technique then I would have been fine with it

What's really disappointing for me is the fact that SI don't seem to do much to address the issue of AI squad building, squads full to the brim of players aged 29+ and it ruins the game long term for me.

I like to play the game covering many seasons and as the game continues, the joy is seeped out of it.

14 minutes ago, DarJ said:

What’s the idea behind how you named your players?

I'm playing youth only, so I use year of intake and then the letter for how my assistant rate them.

10 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

Let me ask you the same question I asked another user, this is last :)

Did you notice a difference in terms of cutting inside of IWs and IFs compared to pre-update?

Not a big one, if anything my IF on the left is playing better than he did.

This is his form, and the red line is when the update happened:

image.thumb.png.d550ab1f7a1864f2c3d1009e7c526274.png

I use a Winger on the other side, so this is the only comparison I have for it. After his quite crappy first match against QPR (which we did win after a poor match from everyone going forward), he has been dominant. 

The last match was a very unlucky match against Birmingham who sort of FM'ed us, though I blame the goals on my goalkeeper not showing up...

2jhonzM.png

He tend to play much better against team who attack us, because I struggle to give him enough space against teams who try to lock out the match, but that was also a trend before the update.

Not complaining. Just wanted to speak up. 

I have problems with lag in 3D matches... I can't get it to work... Super annoying. The ME also seems to be very similar to 22 for some reason. I really liked this year's ME... Not complaining just making an observation.

16 hours ago, romeluuu said:

Is it to difficult to just let people choose to update there gamepatch after season? Already thanks for ruining a great Champions League run and a winstreak of 29 games in the competition just because of a patch. Give people atleast a option to install the patch end of season

You have that option - set Steam to not auto-update games. It's not SI's fault if you don't use the options available to you.

15 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Hey all, thanks for your feedback so far, especially those who have provided bug reports with PKMs. Just wanted to respond to a couple of reported issues here:

You've made 13 posts in this feedback thread about this issue last night, but I can't find any bug report or PKMs provided with examples for us to look at. If you really want to help us work on a fix for your issue here, the best way is to make a bug report and provide us with as much information as possible so we can investigate. This thread is for general feedback/thoughts, one person repeatedly posting the same message over and over just makes it harder for us to gauge public sentiment and isn't fair on other people who want their voices to be heard.

We need a lot of examples for these sorts of issues. As much as we want to make sure that every single statistic in the game is 100% in line with real life figures, the most important thing is how the ME plays and feels. There's no point having us balance out every single number if the actual match you see feels off. Changes like this are very risky so please do provide PKMs and we can use them as part of our investigations for the future.

Thank you for making a bug report with some examples - please continue to update your thread with the best examples you find and we'll investigate. However I'm a bit confused - you keep saying that you loved the dribbles in the previous ME, but you also made the same bug report about dribbling pre-update, and we've not really made any significant changes to dribbling direction for this update. Is this definitely an issue you're only seeing now?

But again, you've posted your feedback about dribbling 8 times last night, we read all the messages so there's no need to keep repeating yourself! You've made a bug report which is the correct course of action, please remember let other people have a chance to post their own feedback and we will look at your bug report. Thanks

But it's not a bug per se is it? You guys are already fully aware of the insane pass numbers since the update.. you guys literally posted a couple of weeks ago that this ME wasn't going to be released due to this (CB's racking up 300 passes per game), so why would I waste time providing PKM's for something you clearly know exists? The ME played much better pre-patch and had more realistic numbers, this seems like a huge backwards step reverting back to FM22-esque engine jsut because a few people on here moaned about long balls. Pre-patch I was using a tactic with short passing, getting 83% passing accuracy and my players very rarely played pointless long balls, and the defensive issues were not that common.  Now, after the patch, league two/non league teams are managing nearly 600-700+ completed passes per game, every game. This doesn;t look good or provide any realism at all, that's why I'm annoyed. You released an initial ME with bugs but I could put up with them because the ME was clearly taking huge strives forward, now you've gone all the way back and it's really sad tbh

Edited by leo2r