Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m trying not to bite every time BG posts something inane from his social media. But I genuinely can’t see what we’re supposed to be outraged by there. He’s literally just asking someone off camera to move the ink well so he doesn’t knock it off the table with his arm when he signs the document. The second clip he is even masking a smile about it. Hardly the act of a tyrant.

6 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

I’m trying not to bite every time BG posts something inane from his social media. But I genuinely can’t see what we’re supposed to be outraged by there. He’s literally just asking someone off camera to move the ink well so he doesn’t knock it off the table with his arm when he signs the document. The second clip he is even masking a smile about it. Hardly the act of a tyrant.

I'd just like to remind you Rob, that "You are a smug, nasty piece of work. The kind of fella that would enjoy telling kids that Father Christmas isn't real. Stick me on ignore if I offend you so much. *****"

17 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I'd just like to remind you Rob, that "You are a smug, nasty piece of work. The kind of fella that would enjoy telling kids that Father Christmas isn't real. Stick me on ignore if I offend you so much. *****"

I’d like to third this opinion, :D, bullies everyone in the TV Challenge thread, bet he tours non-league grounds just to shout at people. Chesterfields own Pol-Pot tbh ( @Rob1981

1 hour ago, Rob1981 said:

The way I looked at it was that those kind of things are what the servants get paid for. Thought to myself when I see it it's like myself running out to the postman and putting the post though my letterbox for him.

When they're not on strike that is of course.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

As much as I sympathize and I agree - the Australians are going about this the best way. This is really not the best time. 

Republican focus and sentiment really needs to step away from the personal and more onto the progressive, democratic arguments against the Monarchy if it's ever going to win over and persuade those it needs to make change happen.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As much as I sympathize and I agree - the Australians are going about this the best way. This is really not the best time. 

Republican focus and sentiment really needs to step away from the personal and more onto the progressive, democratic arguments against the Monarchy if it's ever going to win over and persuade those it needs to make change happen.

I mean, that's not really the story here is it? Whether it's the right time or not to express republican views if he's been arrested for expressing that opinion then that is extremely problematic.

51 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Too true Scottish independence will be put on the back burner a bit too, but I'd not put it past the UK government sniffing an opportunity in milking the swing to a ProUK these events have and start goading the SNP. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ginnybob said:

I mean, that's not really the story here is it? Whether it's the right time or not to express republican views if he's been arrested for expressing that opinion then that is extremely problematic.

It absolutely is problematic, but this is not really a surprise to be rounded up at this time, causing a public disturbance (I'm just presuming that is what he was arrested for).

Emotions are running high and there's clearly an establishment move to make things seem as positive for the monarchy as possible. 

I don't think its fair he has been arrested, and I don't agree with him being arrested, but I can completely see why. Definitely hasn't been helped at all since the Home Office have done so much to try and clamp down on protesting in public.

34 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Too true Scottish independence will be put on the back burner a bit too, but I'd not put it past the UK government sniffing an opportunity in milking the swing to a ProUK these events have and start goading the SNP. 

Andrew <exists>

• Administrators

Very good thread, hard to disagree and I think he made some valid and fair points about the institution, and the political attachment the Tories are trying to make with this.

1 hour ago, ginnybob said:

I'm guessing there's probably more to the story than he's portraying.  It really depends how he expressed his views and there's no mention as to what was happening, so i'd wait and see if any more news of the situation comes out from different sources.

I think people are overreacting to the Prince Andrew thing. That's his daughter. I can see why people why people would feel it is inappropriate regardless of what we know about him. However, sometimes moments captured on camera can look worse than how they are in reality. Do people really think he's going to feel up his own daughter in front of the worlds cameras?

What's more likely is that he's tried to keep hold of her, comforting her while he bends down and has not realised whats happening as he's doing so.

15 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

I think people are overreacting to the Prince Andrew thing. That's his daughter. I can see why people why people would feel it is inappropriate regardless of what we know about him. However, sometimes moments captured on camera can look worse than how they are in reality. Do people really think he's going to feel up his own daughter in front of the worlds cameras?

What's more likely is that he's tried to keep hold of her, comforting her while he bends down and has not realised whats happening as he's doing so.

I would never dream of touching my daughter in that way, even if I were consoling her. It looks unsettling, regardless of his past 'history'.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

It absolutely is problematic, but this is not really a surprise to be rounded up at this time, causing a public disturbance (I'm just presuming that is what he was arrested for).

Emotions are running high and there's clearly an establishment move to make things seem as positive for the monarchy as possible. 

I don't think its fair he has been arrested, and I don't agree with him being arrested, but I can completely see why. Definitely hasn't been helped at all since the Home Office have done so much to try and clamp down on protesting in public.

Don't know if he's been arrested for his ''own safety'', perhaps he can't tell the difference between twitter and outside. If you're going to be topical in opposition to the Monarchy don't do it this weekend or next in public surrounded by Monarchists.  ''Freedom Of Speech'' won't protect you from a smack in the mouth. 

34 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

If he hadn't bought the silence of a girl, he met via a convicted sex trafficker then nothing would have been said, being thought of as a Paedo and a bullshitter does open you up to all sorts of accusations

4 hours ago, Coulthard&#x27;s Jaw said:

Obviously he might have been being a complete dick, but I'd want the bar for arresting someone set really high for something like this.

FWIW I was probably within earshot of this. My mate said he heard someone being shushed by the crowd for shouting something but I didn't. So he wasn't exactly Steve Bray megaphone loud

tbh a bit more shouting would have improved the speeches significantly...

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Very good thread, hard to disagree and I think he made some valid and fair points about the institution, and the political attachment the Tories are trying to make with this.

So annoying the government are just stopping work. And it’s not like Labour can argue let’s get back in the commons, because they will get slaughtered. 

Going to be even more sickening this week seeing Liz in all the promo and photo opps, with the Tories then sprouting how they’re the symbol of the UK etc. just even more free propaganda for them after a month of them plastered all over the news for their leadership debate.

48 minutes ago, Garethjohn79 said:

Don't know if he's been arrested for his ''own safety'', perhaps he can't tell the difference between twitter and outside. If you're going to be topical in opposition to the Monarchy don't do it this weekend or next in public surrounded by Monarchists.  ''Freedom Of Speech'' won't protect you from a smack in the mouth. 

I thought there must be more to it then what he put on twitter. Probably not the best idea to start shouting against the monarchy  amongst people who clearly like the the royal family and grieving with high emotions.

It would be like to going to a football derby match, sitting in the home sides stand, shouting support for the away side and then complaining on twitter when the police take you away for your own safety