Match 40: Belgium V Portugal - 8pm (BST) ITV live from Seville

TM

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not quite sure what Bernardo Silva, actually offers going forward? Seems very poor last few games.

Belgium to win 2-1.

Edited by john1

Reckon this is either going to be the best game of the tournament or the worst game of the tournament. Could give us a crazy end to end 4-3 or something. Could be ultra cautious from both managers because they know they can’t defend, then it ends up 1-0 with a scrappy extra time goal or one of them winning on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Can’t see any middle ground.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Reckon this is either going to be the best game of the tournament or the worst game of the tournament. Could give us a crazy end to end 4-3 or something. Could be ultra cautious from both managers because they know they can’t defend, then it ends up 1-0 with a scrappy extra time goal or one of them winning on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Can’t see any middle ground.

Yeah I feel the same...either brilliant or dull.

The Golden Generation vs the Ronaldo Show

I'm tipping Belgium's attacking talents to dethrone the champions... but it wouldn't surprise me if Cristiano did a Cristiano thing and pulled Portugal through.

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

Has Joao Felix played a minute this tournament?

Injured apparently.

EDIT: Was unused sub against Hungry but picked up injury in training.

Edited by john1

25 minutes ago, bolton1987 said:

I can see Ronaldo scoring a couple more penalties.

You can bet on him to score a header and outside the box but no odds for a penalty.

Some teams go a whole season not having a pen, Ronaldo takes one every 6-7 games :lol:

5 minutes ago, Tikka Mezzala said:

Nice to see neighbourly love being applied. 

Ever since 86 I've always wanted Belgium to do well. You can also thank Rick de Saedeleer for that :) Do people still know him in Belgium?

3 minutes ago, DJ said:

Ever since 86 I've always wanted Belgium to do well. You can also thank Rick de Saedeleer for that :) Do people still know him in Belgium?

I was a big Enzo Scifo fan years ago.

3 minutes ago, DJ said:

What was the name of the Belgian who played up front for Anderlecht and PSV in the 80s? 

Just now, Tikka Mezzala said:

What was the name of the Belgian who played up front for Anderlecht and PSV in the 80s? 

Not de Saedeleer, he was the legendary commentator. Maybe Nilis?

1 minute ago, DJ said:

Not de Saedeleer, he was the legendary commentator. Maybe Nilis?

1 minute ago, SouthCoastRed said:

Luc Nilis?

Nilis. That's him! 

I have watched a few clips of him on YouTube, because when I manage a team on FM I like to get a feel for their history. He seemed to be a born goalscorer. Some amazing finishes. 

Nilis. That's him! 

I have watched a few clips of him on YouTube, because when I manage a team on FM I like to get a feel for their history. He seemed to be a born goalscorer. Some amazing finishes. 

Tragic end as well, only played 3 games for Aston Villa

Nilis. That's him! 

Playing together with Romario and van Breukelen. That PSV team was unbeatable, much to my frustration ^^

1 minute ago, DJ said:

Playing together with Romario and van Breukelen. That PSV team was unbeatable, much to my frustration ^^

Would have been a great team to watch. I really like Dutch football. I used to watch the Eredivisie highlights every week. Have an Ajax kit actually. But I really liked watching Roda JC years ago. For some reason they were a nice side to watch. 

Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord are European royalty as far as I'm concerned.