Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

so the last game ive just completed was as if I wasnt even in control.

Repeatedly my formation and mentality was changed, all three subs were used, even my striker who I was planning on resting for CL match if I didnt need to bring him on.

What is that all about?

Staff > Responsibilities

1 minute ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

Ive went 3 months into the season without it happening...

Just checked, everything is as it should be

That's not even an option anyway is it -  assistant just becomes manager for league games?

Would suggest the bug forum then.

Anyone else having issues with the menu changes not sticking between game boot ups? I changed the menu how I wanted it the other day. Turned the game on now and its back to default order.

1 minute ago, oulzac said:

Anyone else having issues with the menu changes not sticking between game boot ups? I changed the menu how I wanted it the other day. Turned the game on now and its back to default order.

There was a post in here before regarding that, I believe it is intentional but there is a setting in the preferences to make your changes stick. 

Went hamburger sv used vertical Tika taka went 15 games without conceding a goal in the league and still unbeaten at the end of March in all comps. Including beating gladbach and Hannover wish i could take the credit for the tactic but I’ve changed nothing. Loving the beta so far but have just rushed through this season to get promoted. 

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

There was a post in here before regarding that, I believe it is intentional but there is a setting in the preferences to make your changes stick. 

I see an option in Preferences to reset the side bar, but nothing about saving the current positions.

308l81x.jpg

I have been scouting various competitions since August, its now October, and have had zero reports - is this right? Is it because transfer window is off? Doesn't seem right. The few that have a couple of reports are from indivudual players Ive scouted

Edited by CelticCelticCeltic

4 hours ago, toffee71 said:

As promised my thoughts after preseason almost 30 hours in game.

Nonchalantly announced, and no-one bats an eyelid in the echo chamber.

30 hours!

Injuries - I know they are being looked at, but it's insane that i have 9-10 of thew squad out, and it's Sept\Oct in game.

Pre-season is a nightmare - I played Spurs, and the WC players are all on Holiday. That's fine, but they have zero match fitness - Is this a bug? Surely Fatiged\in need of a rest would be better reflection - I do think this may be hard to reflect as tacitical awareness would be down, but starting a game where players can just about play 60 mins is not ideal.

Defenders give a lot of corners - Some through tackles (Fair enough) but too many via poor backpasses. I'll forgive Jan's wrong foot one but Toby\Trippier smashing the ball out seems a bit off..

image.thumb.png.910217f887ff9f7fdcb97486a4cb45b7.png

Also: Match is playing - you get 4 Injuries - Both Wingers, Left-Back, and Centre Mid. We have to sub 3 of these - So why do the press ask "You chose not to sub Kane off today...." - "Well I'm only allowed to make 3 subs..." would be a nice option.

Finally - When we do get injuries, we get locked out changing tactics, or making a shout.... - I'll work around this by re-setting it as i change positions.

Edited by plcarlos

8 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

The numbers are alway staggering tho, fm isnt a game you have to turn off. 

Well played to the man if hes had active 30... Has his life in good order! 

It was 16 hours before I first hit continue.:seagull: too much new and pretty things kept distracting me.

Just keep popping back here to have little rest

Edited by toffee71

41 minutes ago, oulzac said:

I see an option in Preferences to reset the side bar, but nothing about saving the current positions.

I mentioned it the other day, its intended but the setting to turn that off in preference is broken at the moment. But its definitely intentional. 

1 hour ago, harrycarrie said:

And they got 93 in my save. Sometimes there's variation, ain't no thing. The top six squads in the Prem are all of a very high level, only way to have City completely and utterly dominating is to make every single player world class and Guardiola with perfect attributes.

Exactly this, there is variation, sometimes I don't think people understand that. All they see is a couple of people's saves where teams like city don't perform, and as soon as someone shows them where they have they ignore it as it goes against their point.

19 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

You don't have to explain yourself around here, we understand. 

I know.

I won't do another feedback just yet, not until I get to Jan window ingame.

But just watched a glorious moment in game, opposition in possession by my corner flag and we harried them all the way back to their keeper without a tackle being made, it was beautiful.

Biggest gripe at the minute, the tiny delays in press conferences, and it is a tiny delay so it's not an issue.

Really need to find something to have a good moan about:ackter:

42 minutes ago, ajsr1982 said:

Nonchalantly announced, and no-one bats an eyelid in the echo chamber.

30 hours!

Are those 30 hours in Steam or 30 hours actual game-time? ;)

There is a difference between them.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb toffee71:

I know.

I won't do another feedback just yet, not until I get to Jan window ingame.

But just watched a glorious moment in game, opposition in possession by my corner flag and we harried them all the way back to their keeper without a tackle being made, it was beautiful.

Biggest gripe at the minute, the tiny delays in press conferences, and it is a tiny delay so it's not an issue.

I'm waiting for people moaning that the game is too good to play. :D

5 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Discard broken in scouting centre (not a big deal as I have faith it will be fixed)

Signing player from trial mucks up their career history tab forever (not as confident it will be fixed)

Skin seems to be trying to phase out player pictures

Thats my major concerns just now, which highlights that the game is in pretty good shape.

5 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Are those 30 hours in Steam or 30 hours actual game-time? ;)

There is a difference between them.

To be honest its probably more, as I didn't have internet most of Friday so was playing offline.

1 minute ago, Per Annum said:

Discard broken in scouting centre (not a big deal as I have faith it will be fixed)

Signing player from trial mucks up their career history tab forever (not as confident it will be fixed)

Skin seems to be trying to phase out player pictures

Thats my major concerns just now, which highlights that the game is in pretty good shape.

I've not tried to sign anyone yet, but did notice with staff I hired history very odd.

I've not had any scouting issues getting all my reports as I like, setup Scouting > Filters > Advanced filters

In the Dutch research thread it’s been acknowledged that there is an issue with Ajax takeovers being unrealistic - as in this is not something that would happen IRL. It seems this is going to be logged but is this something that would be made save game compatible? As in, would it be programmed into the full release that a takeover wouldn’t happen from that point the existing game is patched or would you need to start a new game to see that effect?

surprised the hot fix hasnt finished the injuries. 2 or 3 per game just makes it unplayable at the mo. cant make any  subs as my players keep getting injured esp if ive already made subs. 

vs leicester 3 inuries which is crazy. 2 injuries in th prev match 2 in the match before that. bit crazy

Player feels the individual training he has been assigned to work on is no longer suitable.... This is doing my head in. It seems if its not a weak area then the game doesn't see the need for the training. Sometimes i use individual training to improve weak areas, sometimes i use it to strengthen key areas. Training my defensive midfielder to improve defensive positioning is not unsuitable, just because he has decent stats already. I'm getting this message for numerous players and am even having to answer questions in the press conference because players are unhappy about it. its not causing any problems at the moment because things are going well, but the last thing id need if things are going bad is problems being created by the game, that aren't problems

2 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

surprised the hot fix hasnt finished the injuries. 2 or 3 per game just makes it unplayable at the mo. cant make any  subs as my players keep getting injured esp if ive already made subs. 

vs leicester 3 inuries which is crazy. 2 injuries in th prev match 2 in the match before that. bit crazy

I've only played 1 game since the update but had 5 injuries. I'm guessing ill be better off waiting for this fix. I cant afford to lose a load of players to injuries as a mid table team

vor 4 Minuten schrieb RobertPage:

I've only played 1 game since the update but had 5 injuries. I'm guessing ill be better off waiting for this fix. I cant afford to lose a load of players to injuries as a mid table team

There is no general injury bug in the game. Every manager has to accept and deal with it. Injuries are part of the game. Some have more luck than others, but that's how it is.

Yay Boo, have something to moan about, but it's not that serious and I'm sure I've already read it here somewhere, can't watch an an AI game, I don't do it much but if the opportunity is there to watch my next opponent sometimes I like too, but it won't let me click to attend either on the todays matches screen for comp or on the team schedule screen, and I played yesterday so I don't have a match to play same day.

Only little moan and know think you guys are already aware.