Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, toffee71 said:

I think I will post progress yes, I plan on starting in Chile, Everton da vina, then across all continents to my Everton, and when Gib is ready will have a go from there and just see where it takes me. Where are you, thought Oleiros was a shade of pink.

Still can't believe how much I love all the things that I didn't know I wanted but already think are essential. They (SI) seem to know what I want before I do.

Yeah post a thread on here with your updates man. I have always enjoyed managing in Chile. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tunnel press conf. are extremely annoying this year. I dont remember so many od them in FM18. Here almost every game there is a tunnel press conf. I let my assistant do it or just click on no comment but still sooo annoying. Wish the option to turn press conf. off in settings. The most annoying thing in an otherwise stellar game.

Just now, SmurfDude said:

Players stand still on the penalty spot when they miss a penalty and it comes back off the post, instead of trying to score from the rebound 

He's not allowed to touch the ball again before another player does.

1 minute ago, SmurfDude said:

Is that a new rule? Never knew that was the case

Always been the case. The ball has to touch another person after the take before the taker touches it again.

So if the keeper saves it he can score the rebound, if he hits the post he can't as no one else has touched it.

Overall the game is great.

Love the match engine and the tactics options are really good.

Only  two major issues thus far is fitness related.

I am regulary finishing the game with either 10 men or players struggling to finish the game.

My liverpool team currently has 11 players out injured.

Also, players are coming back from international games absolutely knackered.

Maybe thats true IRL, I don't know.

The rest of the game is great.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

In FM18 any player in the senior squad requires that the player gets senior games or they will start getting "frustrated" because of lack of senior games. Would be really silly if they enforce squad mentoring and then allow exploiting having all players in the senior squad, so I expect this is still in FM19.

Moving senior players to u23 and having them play senior games also comes with the problem of the move alone makes the player unhappy, not to mention resting becomes messed up.

So the mentoring system is for development clubs, like Ajax that has tons of young players in the senior squad and maybe you can do something with backup players mentoring in u23.

Now the way you mentor the club is actually better done through club mentality, if you wan't high determination, make sure you don't accept a ton of non-DNA youth players. That way the overall club determination will pull the few hot prospects with low determination up to the team average.

Think you misunderstood me, I didn't move the tutor down, I moved the player to be tutored up.

On penalties: are the people who feel like there are too many penalties saying there are too many penalties awarded, or too many aggressive challenges in the penalty area?  On one hand, I feel like I'm seeing a lot of penalties - three so far at halftime in the game I'm watching now! - but also a ton of wild sliding tackles in the penalty area.  So maybe all three of those penalties are justified.  But also it's weird that none of them lead to cards.

does anyone have the game making substitutions for you?  In each of my past 3 matches the computer subs a player before 25 mins and subs them off after 40!  On my team! haha.  It makes 2 subs like this and I am not touching it at all, and leaves me with only 1 more sub I can make in the game.  each time players have nothing wrong with them @91 health.  

Why is the game making subs for me?  edit: mind you, I won all these games against weaker opposition and otherwise I am highly impressed with how these matches play out.  its good to watch - is there a 'make subs for me' option for your assistant or something I have clicked on?

I had to make up an excuse in the press conference about why I subbed Mata on then off because he was quite upset - so its good the game keeps track of that actually and had the info to display

Edited by footballmanager1234

2 minutes ago, footballmanager1234 said:

does anyone have the game making substitutions for you?  In each of my past 3 matches the computer subs a player before 25 mins and subs them off after 40!  On my team! haha.  It makes 2 subs like this and I am not touching it at all, and leaves me with only 1 more sub I can make in the game.  each time players have nothing wrong with them @91 health.  

Why is the game making subs for me?  edit: mind you, I won all these games against weaker opposition and otherwise I am highly impressed with how these matches play out.  its good to watch - is there a 'make subs for me' option for your assistant or something I have clicked on?

Do you have match plans set up?

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do you have match plans set up?

I do actually, since about 4 matches ago, but its to play attacking when drawing in the first half.  wonder if that has something to do with it, do you think?

edit: more info.  so in fact I think its changing my formation as i have shifted the starting one around.  maybe this is why its subbing players.  it goes from 4141 DM wide, to 4-2-3-1 wide.  so I am thinking this may be it

Just now, footballmanager1234 said:

I do actually, since about 4 matches ago, but its to play attacking when drawing in the first half.  wonder if that has something to do with it, do you think?

Maybe just have a look at it, if you're plan includes a change in formation, it might sub players in who fit the roles. I've never used it though, so not sure if that's how it works.

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Maybe just have a look at it, if you're plan includes a change in formation, it might sub players in who fit the roles. I've never used it though, so not sure if that's how it works.

edit: more info.  [you could be right, I never thought of this]...  so in fact I think its changing my formation as i have shifted the starting one around in a tactics meeting without fully comprehending I have done it.  maybe this is why its subbing players. 

it goes from 4141 DM wide, to 4-2-3-1 wide.  so I am pretty sure this is it as my DM gets subbed.

That being the case i think its pretty cool, but as to my bench makeup I do wonder the prudence of the AI in this case.  Still, pretty cool.  

Unfortunately once we score it changes back, maybe I will need to watch it more closely, but yes it is subbing players for me, which is cool.  

5 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

That sounds right to me - I don't use match plans and I've never experienced anything like that.

I had not used them either but thought I would try a 'mock' one.  If drawing in first half lol go attacking and change formation (essentially moving my AM to a DM )   note: i did not plan that out, it just so happens that to be the change, and players getting subbed - which I did not think it would do.  Because I did not think it through its a pretty silly plan.  

Even so if it can do these things on this level - and I didn't really use plans last year too much and tactics were more one dimensional before the tactics overhaul  - so I find it intuitive and remarkable.  

59 minutes ago, Roncatto99 said:

Overall the game is great.

Love the match engine and the tactics options are really good.

Only  two major issues thus far is fitness related.

I am regulary finishing the game with either 10 men or players struggling to finish the game.

Also, players are coming back from international games absolutely knackered.

Maybe thats true IRL, I don't know.

The rest of the game is great.

There is an option in trainig to set plyers with what intensity you wish based on their current fittnes. By default they will train normally but you can set players with fittness below 60% for example not to train at all or to train light or whatever. Quite easy to set up, I don't bother with training now because it's a bit overwhelming but this I did and it helped with injuries, not having so many as before I changed it.

Well i was enjoying it, had the first crash and now the game is completely unplayable and just crashes within a second to a minute of restarting, sometimes before the load game screen, sometimes after the game has loaded.

Year after year the same old problems, very poor stuff really as the game seems much improved.

Just now, private pyle said:

Nothing happens when you hover over it.

It does though. When you do, you'll see it's a top goal scorer, top assister or someone making their debut etc. If you're not seeing it, it may be a bug, if you're doing it correctly.

7 minutes ago, into pitch black said:

Well i was enjoying it, had the first crash and now the game is completely unplayable and just crashes within a second to a minute of restarting, sometimes before the load game screen, sometimes after the game has loaded.

Year after year the same old problems, very poor stuff really as the game seems much improved.

Just a thought, do you use real name fix, if so did you reapply it

1 hour ago, footballmanager1234 said:

edit: more info.  [you could be right, I never thought of this]...  so in fact I think its changing my formation as i have shifted the starting one around in a tactics meeting without fully comprehending I have done it.  maybe this is why its subbing players. 

it goes from 4141 DM wide, to 4-2-3-1 wide.  so I am pretty sure this is it as my DM gets subbed.

That being the case i think its pretty cool, but as to my bench makeup I do wonder the prudence of the AI in this case.  Still, pretty cool.  

Unfortunately once we score it changes back, maybe I will need to watch it more closely, but yes it is subbing players for me, which is cool.  

Its not pretty cool at all the game shouldnt be making subs for you

I have reported it as a bug but theres been no response, if this isnt a bug and is planned then it's such a bad decision

What worries me more is how the crashes affect my computer, complete freezing of my PC, and i have Eleven sport running on my other monitor (dual monitor set up) and it crashes that, also crashes any web pages i have open (Eleven sport is in web page currently on PC so that explains that).

No other game ever affect things in the way this game does when it crashes, not a criticism that just an observation.

Edited by into pitch black

3 hours ago, cruyff14 said:

I hate this and clubs selling their biggest stars in the January window, how often does that happen irl

Liverpool seem to make a habit of it. Coutinho and Torres for example. And of course we got VVD in January too. Man Utd also got Sanchez, but obviously Arsenal were left without many other options for that deal. I'm sure there's more examples, but I'm extremely hungover.

2 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

On penalties: are the people who feel like there are too many penalties saying there are too many penalties awarded, or too many aggressive challenges in the penalty area?  On one hand, I feel like I'm seeing a lot of penalties - three so far at halftime in the game I'm watching now! - but also a ton of wild sliding tackles in the penalty area.  So maybe all three of those penalties are justified.  But also it's weird that none of them lead to cards.

I keep seeing penalties given for pushing in the area. At least most of the ones I've had given for me have been for pushing, did see 1 where the last man went through the back of my forward and penalty was given.

Just about to play Liverpool as Manchester united and my second press conference question is about Burnley manager Dyche "taking the bold step" of transfer listing a 33 year old Stephen Ward.

So unrealistic that this would happen to Mourinho or any other United manager just before a big derby game especially since its in jan transfer window and ive already got a lot going on at my club they could have asked if they wanted transfer talk.

Edited by Showerman

14 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I keep seeing penalties given for pushing in the area. At least most of the ones I've had given for me have been for pushing, did see 1 where the last man went through the back of my forward and penalty was given.

I can't get a penalty no matter how much I abuse my screen:lol:, seriously though I've conceded 3 pens for pushing, pickford saved 2 so I'm ok with that, but I get penalised for pushing in oppo's box, and some of the "tackles" that AI gets away with is ludicrous, maybe my emotional way of playing but it seems wonky to me.

Is Miles punishing EFC over Richie??????:D

Didn't like how my my save was going, but very rarely do with my first few games so am going to try again, have upped player bd to 137500 and am going to build my own tactics.

8 minutes ago, xray1324 said:

has anyone noticed after every match (in fmt 19) that your head physio will raise player fitness concerns?

Yes. Seems like even with a light match schedule (I've got no cup or european matches to worry about) players seem not to be able to play a sequence of games. Pretty poor - in my situation rotation should be by managerial choice or forced by injury; not player jadedness/tiredness.  Also, as mentioned in the FMT feedback, lots of moans about training when assman is running it. Seems like maybe the compensating code for training differences between full-fat and touch isn't tuned properly yet.

Edited by rp1966

3 hours ago, Roncatto99 said:

How are you finding managing Liverpool? Are you fidning it ridiculously easy? So far I have won 100% of games, thrashing teams in the process, the only signing I have made is Timo Werner.  Admittedly I am only 7 Premier League games in, and 1 Champions League, but this includes pre-season when I had virtually no first team players back from the World Cup so played the kids in most games.

Also Man City are awful, played 6 won 1 lost 5 (including at home to me), is anyone else seeing this with them? 

I appreciate it's too early in my game to say whether both teams are just are good/bad form, so was wondering other peoples experiences with Liverpool or City who might be a lot further in than me?

Backup player gets run of two games leading up to a champions league game, to give the starter a rest after an inter national break where he picked up a slight knock. Starter goes back into the line up for CL match. Tunnel interview before match, "Why did you drop the back up player? Are perhaps not as interested in this competition?"

Really guys? Really?

4 minutes ago, oulzac said:

Backup player gets run of two games leading up to a champions league game, to give the starter a rest after an inter national break where he picked up a slight knock. Starter goes back into the line up for CL match. Tunnel interview before match, "Why did you drop the back up player? Are perhaps not as interested in this competition?"

Really guys? Really?

Raise it here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/616-football-manager-2019-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/

Hi, I have question about VAR in game. In my game (Herta - Gladbach in Bundesliga) I had disallowed goal for offside, which really wasn't (look at the picture). Referee checked the VAR and told it was offside. Is VAR only visual feature? I was expecting to referee to change the decision after looking at video ... Is this normal behaviour or should I report a bug?

fm19 offside.jpg

6 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Hi, I have question about VAR in game. In my game (Herta - Gladbach in Bundesliga) I had disallowed goal for offside, which really wasn't (look at the picture). Referee checked the VAR and told it was offside. Is VAR only visual feature? I was expecting to referee to change the decision after looking at video ... Is this normal behaviour or should I report a bug?

fm19 offside.jpg

As far as I am aware it should change his decision (if he feels he made a mistake), if you feel the game is wrong then worth raising the issue in the bugs forum especially as it doesn't look like a close call in your screenshot.

7 hours ago, rp1966 said:

This doesn't seem to be an option in FMT, so we have no control over what panels we see on the home page.  This is a really poor decision. Leave the user in control unless they choose otherwise. Surely a pin/padlock graphic actually on the screen would be better than burying it in the preferences. 

It's worth raising the issue in the bugs forum then, as I don't know why the option wouldn't be listed for Touch Mode.

Last friendly before the PL starts. It's my team Newcastle United v Celtic. Predication draw, fair enough. We win 2-0 and my asssman at the end of the game suggests we say nothing!! Really. 

He is experienced. it's Rafa's old mate.  We are about to embark on staying alive in the Pl and he suggests saying nothing - get real. 

That is disappointing, nothing big or game changing but a bit shoddy.