Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Agree with this. First 3 friendly games I had been given 4 penalties, then 1 penalty for me in each of my first 4 league games.

I had 3 penalties in 10 friendlies (none in my competitive games so far), which I still think is quite high. But then I was playing teams much below my own, so maybe we were just too good for them leading to them making more mistakes and conceding more silly fouls? It happens in real life. I'm only two games into my competitive season, so it's something I'll be interested to see.

Firstly, I would like to say that during my manager creation I was not able to select another favourite team. I chose a couple of clubs, but it forgot who I selected the instant i clicked off.

Swindon’s database:

Will Henry is not a free agent - he still plays for the club https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16409927.swindon-town-loan-goalkeeper-will-henry-to-chippenham-town/

Seamus Brady is not a first team coach. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15447168.Brady_takes_academy_director_role_at_Town/

Swindon and Waterford both have the same owner. The two clubs sometimes play eachother in pre-season and Swindon sends youngsters on loan there. Shouldn’t there be an affliate link? http://www.the42.ie/lee-power-interview-3766879-Dec2017/

Ollie Rejek is no longer contracted with the club https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/professional-contracts-offered-to-three-scholars/

Swindon has not trained at Liddington for a few seasons. They’ve been training at the Beversbrook facility in Calne whilst developing their new training ground Twelve Oaks in Highworth. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16332448.swindon-town-sign-deal-to-remain-at-beversbrook-training-base-for-next-two-seasons/

Otherwise, the game is great. I haven’t met many errors apart from these small details, which as a Swindon fan bug me. 

So after a couple of weeks in-game, and some ten matches, these are my first impressions:

* I really like the UI. I like the purple and the buttons are where I want them. One thing I do not like, however, are the hand drawn (?) pictures in the background, for example when there's a press conference. Not that I find them ugly, but it gets a bit too cartoony for me and takes me out of the immersion. I'd prefer photos.

Also, the text gets a bit messy here and there on my resolution, but I guess that's getting fixed before release.

* The tactics are much, much easier for a moron like me. Now I can pick a template and mess around a little with the settings and see what happens. I like.

* 3D matches looks better than last year.

* I like the new training. Seems more realistic.

* I like that I now can put my FM icon in the taskbar without issues. :p

* Found some bugs and issues, but most of them seems to have been reported.

Overall the game feels more polishied and release day ready than ever.

Looking forward to November 2:nd.

Edit: and I said before, I love that you now can save and load your Game Setup. Whoever added that deserves a free beer. Just tell me where to send the money. :D

Edited by Viking

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, PartisanFox said:

Firstly, I would like to say that during my manager creation I was not able to select another favourite team. I chose a couple of clubs, but it forgot who I selected the instant i clicked off.

Swindon’s database:

Will Henry is not a free agent - he still plays for the club https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16409927.swindon-town-loan-goalkeeper-will-henry-to-chippenham-town/

Seamus Brady is not a first team coach. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15447168.Brady_takes_academy_director_role_at_Town/

Swindon and Waterford both have the same owner. The two clubs sometimes play eachother in pre-season and Swindon sends youngsters on loan there. Shouldn’t there be an affliate link? http://www.the42.ie/lee-power-interview-3766879-Dec2017/

Ollie Rejek is no longer contracted with the club https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/professional-contracts-offered-to-three-scholars/

Swindon has not trained at Liddington for a few seasons. They’ve been training at the Beversbrook facility in Calne whilst developing their new training ground Twelve Oaks in Highworth. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/16332448.swindon-town-sign-deal-to-remain-at-beversbrook-training-base-for-next-two-seasons/

Otherwise, the game is great. I haven’t met many errors apart from these small details, which as a Swindon fan bug me. 

•  

Please raise these here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448107-england-swindon-town-data-issues/

13 minutes ago, Barside said:

This doesn't need to be the case at all, so long as AI tactical templates are built within the framework of the TC there's no need for them to be made available to to the user.

The game is still event based. And I doubt all tactical templates available to the manager are available to the user. It would be akin to handicapping the AI.

I played a game yesterday granted it was only one where I noticed this but it brought on a sub and went off to get an equaliser. Was it luck? I would like to think not. I do think it was. Only way to truly know is for people to play in extreme setting and see how the AI reacts. That RBL game I did on Twitch was a good example. I was playing narrow controlling the game, I didn’t even notice the sub and it going wide for the winner at the end. Got snookered by something I would do irl to someone else. I have to hope the AI will take me on. Reality though suggests that this will be rare and limited to some managers. It’s pure conjecture only further testing will reveal it. I think it’s possible but rare that this will happen. 

In my match right now there's 2 own goals, one for each team

I'm 10 league matches in and have seen about 6 in the league. Now, they're not incorrect... just look like players doing brainfarts, eg, a defender nodding to the goalie too hard, or a midfielder making a slide to knock it in off the woodwork - they're not incorrect! But there's so many!

Anybody else getting a high amount?

image.thumb.png.470201b263772e8b9d124b5b091e5bfc.png

Edited by ZoDiAC_

27 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

The game is still event based. And I doubt all tactical templates available to the manager are available to the user. It would be akin to handicapping the AI.

I played a game yesterday granted it was only one where I noticed this but it brought on a sub and went off to get an equaliser. Was it luck? I would like to think not. I do think it was. Only way to truly know is for people to play in extreme setting and see how the AI reacts. That RBL game I did on Twitch was a good example. I was playing narrow controlling the game, I didn’t even notice the sub and it going wide for the winner at the end. Got snookered by something I would do irl to someone else. I have to hope the AI will take me on. Reality though suggests that this will be rare and limited to some managers. It’s pure conjecture only further testing will reveal it. I think it’s possible but rare that this will happen. 

I'm sure folk would claim that it was pure luck & the AI would have attack through the flank regardless. 

I've dedided to jump into the pre-release beta but I've spent far too much while off work over the last month so have to wait until payday to get my hands on it & when I do my plan is to make an attempt at creating a tactic that focuses defence against wide play with plenty of space in the centre for my opponents to exploit. 

On 19/10/2018 at 01:45, Totalfootballfan said:

Finally, I've managed to go through freezes and crushes and finished the 1st season in La Liga.

In order not to cause any distraction I picked the weakest team in the leagues(Valladolid) so all grandes such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were under AI control.

I’m sure that many people also will be interested to know how things stand in FM19 Beta when it comes “eagle point of view” on things and how it compared with real life football.

Here are some my observations on the data below:

- Barcelona didn't play possession football and its average possession at the end of the season was only 55%

- Barcelona and Real Madrid had almost the same amount of possession(about 55%) as Huesca, Girona and other small clubs at the end of the season which is very unrealistic

- The top clubs scored very low amount of goals during the season, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid scored only about 65 goals at the end of the season

- The top clubs didn't show any dominance, for example, Barcelona and Real Madrid got only about 76 points and the end of the season  

- Messi made 19 appearances in the league and scored only 7 goals

LEAGUE TABLE

fm19-0002.png

POSSESSION STATS

fm19-0003.png

MESSI'S STATS

fm19-0004.png

In all fairness if you look at the possession stats of La Liga last season Barca and Real Madrid aren’t actually far off their real life figures, same for pass completion.

26796EA7-3F2A-49D3-ADFC-5D9C84A55238.thumb.png.3f85aeea2e9981a23bbe13e03286a231.png

Granted the amount of goals is low for Barca and real, but athletico’s stats looks pretty spot on but that will be different for everyone’s saves.

Edited by sedge11

31 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

In all fairness if you look at the possession stats of La Liga last season Barca and Real Madrid aren’t actually far off their real life figures, same for pass completion.

26796EA7-3F2A-49D3-ADFC-5D9C84A55238.thumb.png.3f85aeea2e9981a23bbe13e03286a231.png

Granted the amount of goals is low but that will be different for everyone’s saves.

I'd say that those few % different is not just something that can be ignored because if we take real life football and look at the top leagues such as EPL and La Liga then we’ll see that there are a lot of teams that have 50% - 58% average possession during the season but only few can reach 60% - 65% and those small difference is what distinguish such teams as Man City and Barca from other teams. :)

Usain Bolt can run 100m just few seconds faster than any average athlete but those few seconds is immense difference in quality  :)

5 minutes ago, Muerte706 said:

What about Man Utd. Still OP? If that's the same as the last year with the amazing coach mourinho i'm not buying this again to see them dominating all competitions.

image.thumb.png.42a0dcc1ee0fab3a6f41fb7375534e7a.png

This where the first season in my save. Seems reasonable enough to me.

I've just had Brexit announced on mine with the following rules:

Minimum salary of 8k p/w to be allowed to play in first team league matches.

Minimum salary of 3k p/w for U23 players to be allowed to play in youth or cup competitions, or be loaned for first-team league matches from a team in a higher division (for a maximum of 5 players at top level clubs, 2 for other clubs).

Does this really mean I'll be unable to play any youth player in my first team ever unless I give them 8k p/w :rolleyes: And any youth will need to be on 3k or will be unable to play any games :applause:What does the maximum of 5 players mean exactly?

Having to give any kind of decent youth a ridiculous wage just so you can see if they progress. Well played

Liverpool also won the league in the holiday save I ran before starting my first career. Meanwhile, Man City finished 4th and sacked Guardiola. I don't think either of those scenarios are too far-fetched, though Pep losing his job perhaps seems a tad harsh.

10 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Does this really mean I'll be unable to play any youth player in my first team ever unless I give them 8k p/w :rolleyes: And any youth will need to be on 3k or will be unable to play any games :applause:What does the maximum of 5 players mean exactly?

Having to give any kind of decent youth a ridiculous wage just so you can see if they progress. Well played

Got the exact same message a few minutes ago. Might start to look for jobs outside of the UK :P I think this is a pretty hard Brexit.

2 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

At the moment this is all determined by the researchers setting some tactical preferences for each manager, and those settings then mapping to the equivalent of the templates we now have and a corresponding mentality.

To create "amazing" AI systems would need SI to create multiple tactical templates which would have to be available to human managers too. We'd end up with a similar issue to the excessive amount of roles we have.

I do not see a reason why we human managers should have those AI tactical templates available. A good AI i.m.o has its own traits, just as if it was human. It is our job to create our own tactics and counter a good AI manager. But that is probably not the way the game can be coded.

1 hour ago, Barside said:

I'm sure folk would claim that it was pure luck & the AI would have attack through the flank regardless. 

I've dedided to jump into the pre-release beta but I've spent far too much while off work over the last month so have to wait until payday to get my hands on it & when I do my plan is to make an attempt at creating a tactic that focuses defence against wide play with plenty of space in the centre for my opponents to exploit. 

I actually did that on a Twitch stream...acres of space in the middle, intentionally setting the LOE and DL with a 2 man midfield...Several things happened.

1. My BPD were bringing the ball up from defence ALL THE WAY to the opposition half cos everyone is so far away. Twas fun to watch...so much space for us to play with..Intentionally did a system which was exploitable. 

2. AI scored the first goal by working a ball through the middle. 

3. I upped my DL and lowered my LOE and we scored 4 in reply, it did change its mentality but it was too late, as we were playing on a higher mentality, so everything was fast from my team. So basically i squeezed the midfield  and took away the space. 

What i like here is the ability for us now to define paths of resistance, so we can funnel play intentionally in ways that were really complex in FM18, so much so that the steps to reproduce for the AI were well nigh impossible. This made the game exploitable. I should know, i would do that 24/7/  By exploitable I mean its an unfair advantage cos as humans the creativity level will always be higher. Now the creativity level is still there, we can still do things to be more imaginative, this time though I feel that the steps to counter them aren't as complex as they were before.  I doubt every AI manager will be playing like us, I lost a game yesterday to the AI manager, playing for the exploits and i conceded a goal from a free kick, then when i opted to attack, it hit me on the counter. I have to admit, initial impressions of the game are impressive. 

The next thing I may do is play purely strikerless on another save on Twitch and see what happens, and then do the fisherman strategy too. Maybe on Monday.

I find it weird that, when starting a Game in Australia at 15 october of this year, the Game "randomized" the Statistics until then, for ex. the Bundesliga. If i start at a later Date, which will also be possible with a January Patch it would be highly regarded to include the current Statistics (Dortmund First etc.). This was the case in previous Versions, why isnt that included right now? Will it be added later?

Obviously Bayern is also  overrated while the most players are too old for their Stats (ex. Boateng, Robben, Ribbery, just look at their quickness) or havent played good enough in recent years to be judged that highly (Neuer, T.Müller). Seems a bit biased to me.
Same goes to Neymar, PA is too high, controversy and sportmanship need fixing too. He is a really bad example for young Players/people.
Also the "hidden" Stats of some President/Directors at Bayern should have added "Controversy" to the max. (Rummenigge and Hoeness went to prison/had to pay money because of their criminal history). Add yesterdays press conference to the table.

Otherwise iam having fun, sadly i have to wait until the Editor Release for a full save. But its the Beta.
A huge plus to the tactic and trainings, and match engine. Awesome work again. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ferrarinseb said:

In Training Happiness Details Players saying "Thinks he should be doing more Quickness training" does it mean they want Quickness as their Additional Training Focus or  want the Quickness Training for entire team. Its getting a bit confused

I have a dozen players unhappy with training saying that want more x, y or z. Training performance is poor across the squad and attributes are dropping. No idea why as I haven't messed too much with default schedules; just changed the odd one or two depending on the next opposition. I'm all at sea with training full stop. The induction is completely insufficient for such a radically new module.

2 hours ago, Barside said:

This doesn't need to be the case at all, so long as AI tactical templates are built within the framework of the TC there's no need for them to be made available to to the user.

I agree and disagree. People are lazy and wouldn't necessarily be able to easily recreate the unshared template. That would open the whole boring "AI can do things that we can't" debacle again.

In the perfect world I agree. Extremes like the perception of how a Pep or Klopp play could just be at the high end of scales within set templates.

3 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I agree and disagree. People are lazy and wouldn't necessarily be able to easily recreate the unshared template. That would open the whole boring "AI can do things that we can't" debacle again.

In the perfect world I agree. Extremes like the perception of how a Pep or Klopp play could just be at the high end of scales within set templates.

The AI can do things we can't, if it is meant as Klopp and Guardiola seem to be able to do stuff we can't is the right way to go. A huge SI focus should be on setting up the preferences and profile of some of the groundbreaking managers instead of having the researchers do that, in order to let them get the best out of the various templates. So that Guardiola's teams in game resemble the IRL teams etc. 

It is up to us human managers to develop our own distinctive style within the game. The current ME from an AI point of view does not feel lifelike. The gap between what we can do and what the AI teams are now doing has become even bigger I am afraid.

Just noticed that I can only schedule a Match Review training session within a day of a match. Maybe I'm just old, but I think of Sunday's as traditionally a rest day, and probably a day off for players. Would the weekend's match review not be something that happens Monday morning for start of week training?

All that aside, I see little reason why Match Review should have to take place the day after training. Surely as long as it takes place before the next match then anytime should be fine.

50 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

The AI can do things we can't, if it is meant as Klopp and Guardiola seem to be able to do stuff we can't is the right way to go. A huge SI focus should be on setting up the preferences and profile of some of the groundbreaking managers instead of having the researchers do that, in order to let them get the best out of the various templates. So that Guardiola's teams in game resemble the IRL teams etc.

In a sense, the way the AI has been traditionally set up, I'd argue to get the best (most realistic) results, the reserachers actually needed to be the coders of the AI. Unless they can't predict roughly how the AI may dynamically change and manage things based on the attributes they award, they can't estimate fully how it translates in-game. Additionally, the researchers needed to all have a really fantastic insight into the tactical side of FM in general.

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

Good point too. :D As argued, the tactics without midfield pivots/holders/central space controllers are so rampant they will be for FM 19 too. Yet people would tend to be influenced by that, and be under the impression that it's only the AI that can pass them a bit off the park, simply because the AI would consider that one simple, logical, common sense piece of the passing puzzle, whereas they are influenced by... something else entirelly.

Edited by Svenc

Only played a couple of friendlies and using a 4-1-4-1 tactic, good to see so far that I don't need to play 3 strikers to score and win. Also good to see that every pass isn't spot on like it has been in the past,  liking the new training set up and the new tactic set up.

Well I've only just noticed that allowing your U23 and U18 players to train with your first team units enables them to be in mentoring groups with first team players. So I'd like to retract my previous criticism that mentoring groups can only have players of the same squad in them. Now I'm looking forward to experimenting again.

I'm still not comfortable enough with all the new stuff to start trying to create training schedules and stuff, that will have to wait. My assistant seems to be doing well anyway, if Curtis Jones' improvement in two months (and all the first team squads training ratings, they're impressive) is anything to go by.

All in all, I'm loving it so far. It's the best in years, and it's still the beta!

1 hour ago, Nonlondoner said:

I'm really enjoying FM19 so far. I'm finding it harder to look away from this version. 

I'm a little baffled about the new tactics and training areas, tending to take the advice given me at the moment but that will come. Overall, 9.5 out of 10 so far. 

I dont want to make my feedback sound like I think the game is perfect and stop work today, but honestly I am more than happy with this version.  The moment to moment gameplay along with the new interface and information is superb imho; and I myself am in no way feeling like I did in FM18 which was yes-good but no-still needs work.  I feel as though this is the second installment of fm18 and the new systems are joining into place well.

• Here's some of my thoughts:  I consider Flut skin the pinnacle of FM skin design.  So I myself am a huge praise-giver of the Flut skin and would not play without it - but the FM19 skin is very nice and the new amounts of data and ease of navigation is very good and in the right amounts to me/ of course I do customize columns and add in mid-match stat data and I am one who likes to look at analysis and all that.  I love the idea of separators.  

• The one area I do miss of Flut but I guess its not a big deal just now is the player stats screen (though in terms of the overall fm19 skin I am not saying this aspect ruins it at all) - I felt it was exceptionally well laid out and aesthetically pleasing. 

• I thought to myself I may not wish so hard to change the skin as I did in the previous few years, so I mean it when I commend the FM19 default skins work.  There's been a lot of new information and systems and game-direction to encompass year on year with the skin, and fitting in design/data, so it would seem that work has paid off.   The entire game feels comfortable, like its expanded and also fits like a glove.  I like the new tutorials and all the new parts of training and other systems, eg tutoring overhaul.  

• I do not mind the purple at all, and of course I like the banner-accents at the top proving much needed flair (something I thought Flut does well) and I like the new rounded corners and the separation of elements on the screen and of course all these things help one focus their eyes onto relevant parts as needed.  Good job.  I am by no means just saying the skin is 'servicable', I am thinking its more in the lines of towards exceptional; along with the layouts of menu's and the increase in fluidness and the representation of data and overall data depth, I really enjoy navigating the interface this year.  

^ I especially like how the training program is front and center in the continue-drop-down page as each day goes by.  

-- Its important to note that I considered the skins of the prior 2 years a major issue and felt it compounded the disjointed nature of the game with new systems being rolled in - as if the navigation was tripping over itself or having 3 ways to get to the same thing i.e excessive menu tabs, so this is all very welcomed..; further thoughts I will go over below on how I feel about this as more systems come into line with each other.    

^ > In many ways I feel as though development has paid off and its some kind of crest of a hill in FM19 - the game is feeling really cohesive, fluid and complete.  

• The moment to moment gameplay this year is much more cohesive than ever and I really feel the systems are working well together more than ever.  To describe how I think about it is - it gets less and less "spreadhsheety" each year, sure... but I also feel the effort to push into RPG territory is beginning to pay off.  No - I dont quite like the idea of a full RPG FM, but I see the benefits are very good - so I would describe the game as having an ability to draw me more and more into the role-playing fantasy and everyone can imagine their own ideas of the touches/places where you think something is a really nice addition/touch that helps draw one in....granted I am only a few months in so I expect it to get even better on this front as things develop in the season

^ >> To describe that I feel as though the moment to moment/season per season gameplay is really good, so who knows what will be in the future of season-to-season evolving, etc.  

•  Really like the training system, the work done on that must have been a lot and it fits in so nicely. 

^ I like the new tactics screen, a lot in fact, however I wish there was a way for me to work out how much energy a player has without having to minimize the tactics section.

^  >>   One of the things I really enjoy about the game now is how the different systems on each page can find themselves involved on other pages and in other systems more and more; I do in fact really appreciate this.  Of course I would not want it to get messy in terms of manipulation of the user's desired intent all over the game so I am glad to report that I feel the balance is very good.  

• Match engine.  In short so much better.  More and more as each year goes on I am willing to watch longer and longer match highlights.  So I think this is a great barometer.  Not only do I like to see beyond just the goals/half-chances/key moments, I like to watch the play and note how my team is doing.

^ >> So I appreciate how the whole-match system is broken down into possession/transition/out of possession, (forget names just now forgive me its only been maybe 10 matches atm!) and the on pitch action begins to reflect that, it feels a lot more dynamic and even if this is a stop-gap until an entirely new match engine emerges, its a damn good one.  

^ >> It feels very smooth this year and liking the curve being back, liking the feel of the matches and the animations fluidity and its surely a high point for match engines. 

• Not that I am easy to please or I am overlooking bad things, I just think its way more fun and pleasing.  Nothing bad jumps out at me for me to turn my nose up to.  

^ >> This is why I think maybe 18/19 were the same project separated out into 2 titles.  The good points have been mentioned a lot in the feedback.

Don't stop the effort, I am not one to quibble on various things like wrong passing stat or something, but I do rate the game at least a 9.  

If reviewers don't consider FM19 exceptional I will be surprised.  

• So not only is my feedback almost entirely positive, I am firmly in the 9/10 camp, and I truly do feel as though this enjoyment level is immediate and fully apparent.  Well done.  

^ The only point I think can be done just off the top of my head is making the player energy level visible on the tactics screen without minimizing to make sure the subs have enough energy to get through the match.  This is a bugbear for me.  This also occurs in the matches - one has to potentially check two screens (unless I am doing it wrong) to make sure an exhauseted sub is selected because there's no numerical fatigue number in that same section [if this makes sense].....

And also on one occasion a guy I subbed did not get subbed, but going back in got him subbed at the next moment after selecting him as before yet again....  I know there is a quick sub but I am on about the main tactics page.  Not having numerical fatigue number in my face on the tactics was surprising, maybe an oversight, but overall to me is only slightly inflexible, because I don't mind delving into menu's as I check multiple things at once (I like to batch up my to-do list during a match, probably to my detriment or having unreasonable faith in the players ha).    <<  Basically about the only thing that even stuck out to me and is not dampening my enthusiasm for this title; I think such an issue was a problem now and then in last years title; its nature is not something that is destroying hopes of winning matches so its not like its a major thing but of course a sub should be subbed/interface issue.  

Rarely will I quibble about the match engine/crosses etc, I find a wide variety of plays as it is.  My feedback has centered on the interface/systems mostly because I consider the match engine very good and despite my overall look at each years titles above I appreciate the game as being a game and its quite fun - so of course I am glad though the shots towards the corners are gone, etc. curve is back. 

This may have been too long a post.  

- Saw the VARS and was pleasantly surprised.  

Edited by footballmanager1234
i like editing

4 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Granted the amount of goals is low for Barca and real, but athletico’s stats looks pretty spot on but that will be different for everyone’s saves.

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'd say that those few % different is not just something that can be ignored because if we take real life football and look at the top leagues such as EPL and La Liga then we’ll see that there are a lot of teams that have 50% - 58% average possession during the season but only few can reach 60% - 65% and those small difference is what distinguish such teams as Man City and Barca from other teams. :)

Usain Bolt can run 100m just few seconds faster than any average athlete but those few seconds is immense difference in quality  :)

I want to add to what I said above that when you look at the possession stats of Man City and Barca in real life then you see that these clubs have 60-65% possession per match and when you look at the possession stats of these clubs in FM19 then you see that these clubs have about 55% possession and 10% difference might not look like a big deal but that is very wrong thinking.

If you want to see the difference more clearly then you should look at Passes Per Match or Total Passes Per Season instead of Possession stats

For example, Man City made total 28241 passes after 38 matches in the league in the season 17/18 which means about 740 passes per match

mc_01.png

Now if we look at similar stats in FM19 then we’ll see that in FM19 Man City makes only about 17800 passes after 38 matches in the league in season 18/19 which means about 460 passes per match

mc_02.png

Conclusion: in real life Man City makes about 60% more passes per match than in FM19 and that difference already looks huge  :) This number determines how these clubs play in real life and how they play in FM and as we can see they play very differently in FM19 and in real life.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb louissiscool:

Is it a bug that i can't select to attend a match even though i don't have one that day?

This is mentioned in the release notes of the beta.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Etebaer:

I hope SI will integrate recent Events like the recent hilarious Freak Out interveiw of the FC Bayern Bosses where they gave proof they are no longer living in our reality but their own insanity!

Having played a few Matches (friendlies and Competition) and imho the animations have improved quite a bit and i have seen less impossible short post Goals so far and more Goals from Corners.

Actually Rummenigge and Hoeness werent much more insane then they normally tend to be when in a crisis, its all just built up because BILD "newspaper" felt attacked and in a typical Trumpin way of any drama is good drama and i was mentioned so i am important way they have their headlines now. That newspaper was horrible in the 90s alread  and since traditional media is in a major crisi it grasps the last straws nd the interns and reporters even cant formulate actual sentences anymore. So yeah bayern can be ebarrassing sometimes, this is just a clown show built up by desperate media though. So if you want soemthing in the game do hysterical media :-D

Edited by GerdMuller

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, anagain said:

Just noticed that I can only schedule a Match Review training session within a day of a match. Maybe I'm just old, but I think of Sunday's as traditionally a rest day, and probably a day off for players. Would the weekend's match review not be something that happens Monday morning for start of week training?

All that aside, I see little reason why Match Review should have to take place the day after training. Surely as long as it takes place before the next match then anytime should be fine.

Acknowledged, cheers.

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I had the same brexit rules and if you read it again, that is the work permit rules and it says the rules apply to players who don’t have a British nationality and who will join a British club after brexit.

So your youth players will be fine.

Edited by sedge11

13 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

Penalties and injuries are definitely too high and need toning down. 

I agree with penalties, in a Cup game for Pompey I just had 3 penalties and missed 2 of them.

However don’t agree with the injuries, I’ve had any barely any so far, only ones really had has been 1 player, Andre green having 3 separate injuries.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb SmurfDude:

Penalties and injuries are definitely too high and need toning down. 

The average over a league is important, not just from one club. I can't see a difference in injuries in my game compared to FM 2018.

Anyone else having issues with the match day widgets not staying in the box you create around them? when you open the box there seemed to have disappeared and you need to close then open again to find them some of them behind each other. surely a bug? Will report it just in case.

Edited by Kazza