Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, Os said:

Everything seems fine ATM, I especially like the match engine and hope it doesn't change after multiple patches like in other years.

Miles mentioned in the big reveal that we were able to talk to prospective signings agents abut pre contract agreements but I can't see the option for this, can someone point me in the right direction please.

I've seen it a couple times, I think it's something initiated by the player.  First time I got it the guy wanted to play a particular role, to be able to use the club as a "stepping stone", and to improve (if I recall correctly) the midfield.  I got his to agree to the first two only (there's been some consternation among my coaches about improving the midfield, but I've signed a couple younger players who I think will grow into the roles and I like my depth, and there's not really much on the market that would provide a decent cost-to-value upgrade; besides, my best center midfielder missed like the first month and we were fine).

Edited by Warhawk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried the "DOF negotiate contract" feature and if this first time is anything to go by I cant see me using it again. Start of season 2 I was offering Ibrahimovic a new contract. At the start of negotiations he asked for 200k p/w straight away. 20k less than his original wage. I tried to negotiate a few points and couldnt agree. So i asked the DOF to negotiate the contract. The idiot gives him 300k a week. 70k appearence fee. 60k goal bonus. 1.1m team of the year bonus. So basically 500k a week if he plays a game and scores 2 goals.

Features like this need a lot of work and have done for a while. Like when you get your DOF to sign a player. Always pays massively over the odds and offers a stupid contract. Also selling players they never seem to get a really good deal. Only good if you practically want to give the player away.

The biggest issue with injuries for me is just that those occurring IRL pre season are included and seemingly even some early season ones. So, as far as injury accumulation goes, your team has gone through two pre seasons but only benefits from match fitness development you do in the game.

Just now, Bo98 said:

What is this icon and why does it do nothing when I click it (or even show a tooltip on hover)?

0uwGGKN.png

(located at top right under date & continue button)

What it should do is give you backroom coaching advice that's pertinent to whatever screen your on (clicking it in the tactics screen will give you tactical advice, training will give you training advice, etc.)

It usually works for me but occasionally it can be a bit wonky.

26 minutes ago, SteveoRobbo said:

Just tried the "DOF negotiate contract" feature and if this first time is anything to go by I cant see me using it again. Start of season 2 I was offering Ibrahimovic a new contract. At the start of negotiations he asked for 200k p/w straight away. 20k less than his original wage. I tried to negotiate a few points and couldnt agree. So i asked the DOF to negotiate the contract. The idiot gives him 300k a week. 70k appearence fee. 60k goal bonus. 1.1m team of the year bonus. So basically 500k a week if he plays a game and scores 2 goals.

Features like this need a lot of work and have done for a while. Like when you get your DOF to sign a player. Always pays massively over the odds and offers a stupid contract. Also selling players they never seem to get a really good deal. Only good if you practically want to give the player away.

My DOF is Wenger, not surprisingly I have the opposite problem. Wonderkid agrees all terms but wants a one-year extension clause? No chance. Now the selling club won't listen to any offers. Very realistic IMHO. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, haffaz77 said:

First of all i have to say i LOVE the Game this Year. But one thing is bothering me a lot.. The Values in the Bundesliga are very high and very unrealistic . 

Im Manager in Hamburg and almost the whole Squad has a Value barely lower than 10 Million € . Diekmeier for example 10,75m . Imagine someone wants him. He would probably be going for 20 M or more. It just makes it unrealistic and needs to be fixed imho !

Can you raise the issue on our bugs forum please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/512-football-manager-2017-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Ventricity said:

The self made, crudely animated manager model we see when we log in I think looks horrible. Get back normal pictures. Just don't see the point in the animated look that somewhat resembles ourselves. It's tacky and not very classy.

I have to say this along with the Phil Jones avatar made me laugh a little louder than I intended.

15 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

My DOF is Wenger, not surprisingly I have the opposite problem. Wonderkid agrees all terms but wants a one-year extension clause? No chance. Now the selling club won't listen to any offers. Very realistic IMHO. 

It's not realistic for any DOF, no matter how incompetent, to give the player more than he's asked for for no reason.

5 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Turns out it's not , but is apparently linked to Steam Workshop so you cannot save any set piece routines until the 4th

Regarding set pieces once the games is fully realised with imports from fm16 be possible ?

29 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

It's not realistic for any DOF, no matter how incompetent, to give the player more than he's asked for for no reason.

This.

Im not sure if its a contract thing in general, or if its just coz im Man Utd, but the demands seem to be ridiculous for almost every player. Especially people renewing. I can understand people starting a negotiation with a big jump, then work down from there, but players are wanting treble their existing contract, or more in some cases. The per appearence bonuses are getting out of hand. Basically want your average players weekly wage just to play one match, thats on top of their already massive wage and bonuses. I cant imagine any top player on £200-300k a week also getting £60k bonus for playing 1 game aswell. Bonuses that high for appearances should be for players with terrible injury records that are on pay as you play deals. Surely these need toning down a bit?

Also bonuses for winning competitions. You set at the start of the season the bonus for the squad for each competition. Then you win a cup (especially champions league) and end up paying out treble your prize money to individual players that have ridiculous clauses in their contracts. What is the purpose of setting the bonus at the start of the season, only for individuals to get an extortionate amount on top in their contract? Is there evidence anywhere of a player having a £1m+ personal bonus if their team wins the Champions League? If you are a top team and have a squad of 20+ players all having various bonuses between £300k - x Million pounds, why would any team IRL want to win the Champions League when most clubs look at things from a business perspective nowadays? If the Leicester players from last season had clauses in their contracts that get demanded in FM, Leicester would probably have folded this season (exaggeration I know but you get my point).

Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the "include highlights" when you choose to scout a player until full knowledge? If I'm doing it from the scouting screen it's very annoying to have to click that each time. Most boxes like that have an option to "not show this message again".

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RocheBag said:

Can you raise this on our bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SteveoRobbo said:

Can you raise this on our bugs forum here please? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/517-transfers-contracts-and-scouting-issues/

Thanks. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Sorry if this has been covered, but does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the "include highlights" when you choose to scout a player until full knowledge? If I'm doing it from the scouting screen it's very annoying to have to click that each time. Most boxes like that have an option to "not show this message again".

I'd suggest raising this issue here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

Thanks. 

Love the fact that when you ask the captain to speak with an unhappy player you get a report from the captain, whether he was successful or not, immediately.
Great stuff. Now i just have to find a very persuasive captain who can fool my little slaves as well.

Just now, roykela said:

Love the fact that when you ask the captain to speak with an unhappy player you get a report from the captain, whether he was successful or not, immediately.
Great stuff. Now i just have to find a very persuasive captain who can fool my little slaves as well.

I like that. I really missed that feedback in FM16. Good to see this addition for FM17.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

I like that. I really missed that feedback in FM16. Good to see this addition for FM17.

I missed it too. Felt kind of pointless in FM16. Did try it every single time though. Don't think there was ever any success.

Wonder if anyone can help,

i am attempting to sign this young lad in the picture however the team is adamant that the option for him not to sign until a replacement is signed is in the sale.

i have tried to sign him 3 times but each time they are unable to find a replacement ?

Is this the way its meant to work . . . if so how long would it take for them to have an open negation without a forced stipulation ?

Cheers

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 21.23.40.png

Having just dabbled in some international management and thumped Scotland 6-1 (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any social media feedback for Intentional management at all either with fans not commentating on matches or squad selections. Can this be added? It's s shame given that the whole social media stuff is supposed to make you more immersed in the game world and I'm not getting much reaction to England thumping Scotland.

Trying to arrange some friendlies during an Indian training camp but there are no nearby teams to choose from.

Choose other takes me to a list of Indian clubs but I can't spot how to actually choose one. Am I stupidly missing something obvious or is there a problem?

I have to say that that I am very impressed by the standard of this beta, very few issues. The match engine is smooth and the play produced is both varied and dynamic. Actually seeing low cutbacks into the area from wide positions for pacey mobile forwards to take advantage of rather than asking players to do it but then dying a little inside each time they smash high crosses into the defender five yards away.

The UI is slick and responsive but I am getting a few flickers and stutters as the calendar processes.

Columns in the squad screens seem a lot less unruly (I'd have paid just for that!)

I've not really bonded with my social feed yet but it's early days and I am at least glad it is there to be explored.

All in all, so far, take a bow SI.

49 minutes ago, roykela said:

Great spot, and a really nice addition.

15 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Having just dabbled in some international management and thumped Scotland 6-1 (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any social media feedback for Intentional management at all either with fans not commentating on matches or squad selections. Can this be added? It's s shame given that the whole social media stuff is supposed to make you more immersed in the game world and I'm not getting much reaction to England thumping Scotland.

Are people still watching England nowadays? I was under the impression hardly anyone cared any longer.

59 minutes ago, roykela said:

I like this too. In FM16, the response you normally got was along the lines of "I'll try but he's not the easiest to talk to" and then that was it. No idea if the talk took place or the outcome of it at all.

I love most aspects of the game but my home stadium is awful. I know there are stadium licencing issues but does the Emirates have to look like Ewood Park? FM16 home ground for Arsenal was more realistic. Hope it is either changed for full release or there's some way of changing it. 

Liking the beta so far (playing FMT).  An evolution from FM16 rather than trying to radically change anything.

FM17 is already feeling more 'finished' than FM16 ever did. Match engine is playing very nicely - be very careful with any tweaks!

Long shots feel broken. 95% of them are miles off target. More should at least test the 'keeper. 

By the way this is based off seeing Pogba miss dozens of long shots. He has one of the best long shot ratings on the game, so if he's useless at them what chance does every other player have?

Edited by SmurfDude

Has anyone seen that feature from the reveal video whereby you get a report on a player that includes a highlight video of the player?  Just wondering what kind of highlights it shows. Different games or just a couple of highlights from the one game? 

Just now, KUBI said:

Not in a report, but it is part of the social media feed and I like it. Especially outstanding goals. 

Ah right, I was under the impression it was an email sent by an agent about a prospective signing. Is it just a random link on the FM 'Twitter' page?

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Ah right, I was under the impression it was an email sent by an agent about a prospective signing. Is it just a random link on the FM 'Twitter' page?

No it is in the social feed a hashtag to a match.

Just now, moyesout said:

am on a standard laptop, does anyone find the text and images small?

I have to use the zoom in.. time for specsavers maybe lol

Try windowed mode with zoom in.

A perennial complaint of mine - would be nice to a proper 3-4-3 assigned to managers who utilise it.

GK

---CD ------ CD ------ CD---

WBR ------------------------WBL

-----------CM------CM--------

AMR--------------------------ALL

-----------------STC-------------

Not the one in game with three central strikers which frankly doesn't exist. The one with two DMs is better but leaves CMs out and makes the system deep and reactive AFAICT.

16 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's not the way Miles promoted it, bit disappointing that. 

I think Kubi is talking about a similar but different thing tbh.

The ones in the social feed highlight great goals, you click on the hashtag & a pop up window appears showing the goal.

I suspect you might get something similar with some agent offers but I haven't seen it yet.

I just wanted to leave a few quickfire Ups and Downs about the experience I have had with FM17

Ups

• The match tactical advice and data analysis improvements are a total revalation.  No more feeling bad inside for skipping the 3 monthly staff meeting because im crying over a mid season slump.  In all seriousness I feel the break down of advice and more importantly reasons why im getting that advice makes it much more fun than trying to find the almighty tactic mixed with TIs, I am much more engaged to tinker during a match to alter the outcome (or try)
  • The staff advice from loan suggestions, scouting targets, development etc etc being given at short ifrequent intervals really makes it feel my staff have personality and really sates that little RP itch - where this really comes alive is youth development
  • The default UI is great (I play dark) - I usually use skins; heavily, though the dark skin this year is beautiful
  • The behind goal close angle for replays is beautiful
  • "Being left behind by our rivals" usually being the go to, to get what you want from the board - not being a thing any more is grand.

Downs

• Although much better than 16 Cross Shots going in still occurs a bit too much
  • Like the above, although better than 16 - Goalkeepers still are the subject of absolute insane mistakes
  • Training needs love, lots and lots of love - hopefully this is something that is to be reworked for 18- as it stands... its just a thing that we do without much excitement

Over All:
I love how this version of the game is full of explanations of Why things are suggested, instead of just - you should do this - has to be the most enriching thing for this version of the game; there are still annoying issues caried over from 16, and at first glance it may seem like its the same toy in new wrapping paper to some, but I disagree with that notion entirely on the merits of how much more alive the club feels.  However, please make training more interesting in the future :))

3 hours ago, mikelfc8 said:

Columns in the squad screens seem a lot less unruly (I'd have paid just for that!)

Unfortunately that's not my experience. I'm still encountering the same issues as with the two previous versions, and even came across a new one where the cursor suddenly snaps to the border of the column to the right of the one I want to resize, when I attempt to resize a column (will have a look at the bug forum tomorrow if it's already reported by someone else and if not will do so myself).

Adjusting column widths remains somewhat of a dark art as far as I'm concerned.

I've only progressed through a couple of friendlies so far in my save, so can't comment too much on the rest of the game, but it certainly feels smooth, both the UI and the matches. I'm liking some of the football I'm seeing on the pitch. I've already had a "Wow! moment" when my team scored a nicely crafted goal, passing their way through the middle. I saw a shot from close by hit the post and rebound against the keepers back/head to go in for a goal. Couldn't make out initially what had happened exactly, but the replay from behind the goal showed it gloriously - just like watching a real match on tv.

The new ME certainly looks much more natural in many cases. Players seem to take much more note of what's happening around them, and reacting to it. I've mostly been playing FM15 lately, and on there it seems like players either stay too far away from opponents, or when they close down they always made a charge immediately. Now I see them tracking their opponents much more realistically, not too far away, but waiting for a good opportunity to make the challenge.