Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Matshit said:

I have holidayed the game until 2039 now, and though I should make some stray observations.  No spoilers.

- Most every league is terribly one sided. Juventus has won all but three Serie A,  Real Madrid had 10 league trophies in 11 years,  Zenit won 15 leagues in a row. I could give a lot of examples.
- Strikers score an extremely low percentage of the goals on low detail. Only one striker has managed 30 goals in PL yet, in La Liga none has.  The most goals scored by a Golden Shoe winner is 31.  One year, the best was 20.
- The big clubs spend way more money on star players compared to earlier games. The most spent is 128 million, with 7 players reaching triple digits.
- On a more negative note, clubs also seems to overspend on players who hasn't really shown anything. To take an example. Leverkusen signed a player from Bayern who started 12 matches last season with a rating of 6.73. At the time he was 23 years old and had zero caps for Portugal. The prize was 45 million Euro.
- As in earlier games, England seems to be the only nation capable of keeping hold of players. They have a few players abrouad in their national team. The Spanish team on the other hand has 2 Atletico players, 1 in Real Madrid and 1 at Real Betis, the rest playing abroad.
- Speaking of which. A club like Barcelona has 1 "trained at club" players who are close to the first 11.
- A surprisingly high amount of big clubs play a flat 4-4-2.
- The French league has the two highest reputation teams, and dominate down the line having 16 of the top 32. Germany has 8 and England 5. England is the biggest reputation league, with Germany in second and France in third. Not sure how that can happen.
If there is anything you want me to look at, shout out, but this is what I have so far.

Your points 3 & 4 re crazy transfer fees seems perfectly realistic. As for the rest, yes there are concerned that need to be addressed there. Which leagues did you load though? - that'll affect the outcomes.

• SI Staff
42 minutes ago, Matshit said:

I have holidayed the game until 2039 now, and though I should make some stray observations.  No spoilers.

- Most every league is terribly one sided. Juventus has won all but three Serie A,  Real Madrid had 10 league trophies in 11 years,  Zenit won 15 leagues in a row. I could give a lot of examples.
- Strikers score an extremely low percentage of the goals on low detail. Only one striker has managed 30 goals in PL yet, in La Liga none has.  The most goals scored by a Golden Shoe winner is 31.  One year, the best was 20.
- The big clubs spend way more money on star players compared to earlier games. The most spent is 128 million, with 7 players reaching triple digits.
- On a more negative note, clubs also seems to overspend on players who hasn't really shown anything. To take an example. Leverkusen signed a player from Bayern who started 12 matches last season with a rating of 6.73. At the time he was 23 years old and had zero caps for Portugal. The prize was 45 million Euro.
- As in earlier games, England seems to be the only nation capable of keeping hold of players. They have a few players abrouad in their national team. The Spanish team on the other hand has 2 Atletico players, 1 in Real Madrid and 1 at Real Betis, the rest playing abroad.
- Speaking of which. A club like Barcelona has 1 "trained at club" players who are close to the first 11.
- The French league has the two highest reputation teams, and dominate down the line having 16 of the top 32. Germany has 8 and England 5. England is the biggest reputation league, with Germany in second and France in third. Not sure how that can happen.
If there is anything you want me to look at, shout out, but this is what I have so far.

Hey Matshit,

Interesting stuff. A note on this one however, your results will be affected by which leagues you had as playable and which leagues within that you had set to run on full detail. Worth keeping that in mind with any conclusions drawn from your data :)

Cheers,
Seb.

Ran a 5 year watcher game this weekend to see how things unfolded.

-some huge transfers, which seems realistic. But not tons. Not seeing record-smashers every window or anything.

-still seeing AI clubs spend fairly big on a younger player, not really use them, and move them on a year or two later. Not to say its unrealistic, as it does happen, but just not the greatest squad building.

-was a bit surprised by the squad stability of some of the bigger clubs. On past versions, it sometimes felt like the AI was buying simply to buy, rather than any sort of intentional squad building. Looking thru the squads of some of the bigger English clubs, they still have a lot of the same core players with a few bigger additions.

-Man United won like 3 titles in the 5 years. Gonna say that Mourinho looks a bit overpowered to actual results lol

-Lokomotiv Moscow were relegated in Russia, which was a bit of a surprise - especially as they are one of the main clubs I tend to manage. Just goes to show that element of randomness is still in there.

31 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Your points 3 & 4 re crazy transfer fees seems perfectly realistic. As for the rest, yes there are concerned that need to be addressed there. Which leagues did you load though? - that'll affect the outcomes.

Point three I agree on, point four not so much. There are to many examples of world class transfers for players who so far hasn't proven anything. For leagues I have Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Italy, Mexico, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, US and Ukraine. All fully loaded. With lower leagues in the biggest and local countries.

1 hour ago, Matshit said:

Did you have it running in full detail?

Has anyone else noticed that their squad personality is wrong in FM17?

Mine is showing as F.Pro and if I take the maximum possible Pro levels for every player in my squad and then average it out over the whole squad, then it still falls short of level of professionalism required for a F.Pro level. 

F.Pro has a minimum Pro level of 15 and if I take the maximum for all my players and create an average, then I only reach 14.85.

Edited by Jimbokav1971

1 hour ago, Matshit said:

Hi Matshit!

I'm interested in regens. I had two problems in FM 2016: 

1. There weren't enough good centre back regens, and the few that were decent enough, were almost exclusively limited CBs (so no ball playing CBs with higher than average technical attributes)

2. After circa 15 seasons, Inside forwards became extinct in my game, there were only wingers with preferred foot similar as the side they were playing on.

Are these two things became more balanced?

Thanks in advance :)

• SI Staff
5 minutes ago, moyesout said:

so i noticed the report a bug hyperlink in the game but when you click it it brings you to the below blank page

We could not locate the item you are trying to view

I suspect this is because it is trying to link to the not-yet open FM17 bugs forum as opposed to the FM17 pre-release Beta forum. Worth posting about this here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/ - or here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

I have a bug in press conferences before matches.

I always get asked the question: "Tomorrow's match sees you square off against Chris Houghton for the first time..."

Had it in at least my last 3 pre-match conferences. I am not facing Chris Houghton every time as he is not the manager of every team I face.

• SI Staff
Just now, SMV90 said:

I have a bug in press conferences before matches.

I always get asked the question: "Tomorrow's match sees you square off against Chris Houghton for the first time..."

Had it in at least my last 3 pre-match conferences. I am not facing Chris Houghton every time as he is not the manager of every team I face.

Hey SMV90,

If you have a bug could you please post it in the bugs forum, sounds like this one belongs here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thank you,
Seb.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Did you have it running in full detail?

Matches was not in full detail, as mentioned. But I would hope they still want the low detail matches as realistic as possible.

1 hour ago, duwy said:

1. There weren't enough good centre back regens, and the few that were decent enough, were almost exclusively limited CBs (so no ball playing CBs with higher than average technical attributes)

Best (highest value) centre backs in the game is usually at around 10 for passing. One has 13, another 14. One worth more than 5 million has 15. For technique there are one with 16 and one with 17 in the highest value list with 8 as the lowest. In terms of defensive qualities, they are all pretty great.

1 hour ago, duwy said:

2. After circa 15 seasons, Inside forwards became extinct in my game, there were only wingers with preferred foot similar as the side they were playing on.

There is three natural right wingers who are natural left footed worth over 10 million Euro.  Five who has either foot. There are 8 left wingers who are natural right footed and four who can use either foot.

For accomplished right wingers there are 16 who are left footed and 11 who are either. 47 accomplished left wingers are right footed and 14 either.

5 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I suspect this is because it is trying to link to the not-yet open FM17 bugs forum as opposed to the FM17 pre-release Beta forum. Worth posting about this here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/ - or here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

sure, posted now

My game doesn't appear to have updated to 17.0.2, Steam usually auto updates it, I've no idea how to do it manually. 

EDIT - Ah, I closed the game, and the update has now started for both game modes. Panic over haha

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

My game doesn't appear to have updated to 17.0.2, Steam usually auto updates it, I've no idea how to do it manually. 

Just restart steam.

1 minute ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Asking again - Does anyone know if there is any way to share graphics folders between FMT and Full Fat this year with them being separate apps ?

Just move the folder, as you usually don't play both games at the same time.

24 minutes ago, Matshit said:

Matches was not in full detail, as mentioned. But I would hope they still want the low detail matches as realistic as possible.

Best (highest value) centre backs in the game is usually at around 10 for passing. One has 13, another 14. One worth more than 5 million has 15. For technique there are one with 16 and one with 17 in the highest value list with 8 as the lowest. In terms of defensive qualities, they are all pretty great.

There is three natural right wingers who are natural left footed worth over 10 million Euro.  Five who has either foot. There are 8 left wingers who are natural right footed and four who can use either foot.

For accomplished right wingers there are 16 who are left footed and 11 who are either. 47 accomplished left wingers are right footed and 14 either.

Thank you, those numbers look good, especially compared to what I experienced in FM 2016.

10 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Aye , only takes a few seconds to swap files with 180'000 images around

You could try to copy the xml file put it into the fmt graphics folder and change the path of all pictures:

<record from="000001" to="graphics/pictures/person/000001/portrait"/>

to

<record from="000001" to="(fullpath of fm directory)/graphics/pictures/person/000001/portrait"/>

Just now, Conardo said:

is it only possible to use the english nationality - can only use german as second one - i am wrong?

That took me a while to figure out, but you can just type what you want over it if the drop down isn't appearing in an obvious manner

I'm really struggling to get offered a job. I'm managing England, I've started out with the highest manager reputation I can have and have applied for at least 15-20 jobs of clubs in various countries and divisions ranging from the top to the bottom. I have been interviewed numerous times tried all different answers to the questions but never been offered a single job. Is this a bug or something as it's rapidly becoming annoying

I never had an issue with crossing in FM16 at all (despite all that was written about it), however in this version I've noticed most of my goals are coming from this method despite playing with a narrow formation without wingers.  I do play with attacking fullbacks to compensate the otherwise lack of width, but I'd have expected the goal types to be spread out a bit more. However this is only about 17 games into the first season, so there's still time for it to even itself out a bit more. 

Just a side note for all who get frustrated about injuries (which are quiet realistic in the game). You will be able to magical heal players, with the in-game editor, when the game is released. All others should face the challenge.

1 hour ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Asking again - Does anyone know if there is any way to share graphics folders between FMT and Full Fat this year with them being separate apps ?

In Windows, you can set up a symlink from the folder in FM17 to the folder in FMT17 (or vice versa) and never have to move anything.

http://superuser.com/questions/1020821/how-to-create-a-symbolic-link-on-windows-10

Finally managed to play a few matches of my save and really enjoyed the Full version this year, playing as Mladá Boleslav in the Czech Republic. I seem to be doing well so far, picked up a few injuries but nothing too drastic to call a crisis apart from one guy who out for 12-14 months :(

Not a fan of getting 15 news items in one day that those players released from the EPL clubs that I couldn't convince to sign for me but had on shortlist have ALL retired, on the same day, in early December....

Why would noone sign a fit Afellay? Emmanueslson, Craig Gardner, etc. megabucks Flamini makes sense though.

Fair enough I forgot all about them despite them being on my shortlist but so many questions.

Why all retire on same day? Almost like its a days free = 125 = retire or something. Not good enough tbh

Why wouldn't anyone sign them? Why wouldn't their agents tout them out before they retired? Why wouldn't they wait till January to see what desperate clubs do in the window? (Its Dec7 now).

I'm well aware its a conscious decision to not have all players drop down divisions to get clubs and I'm fine with it, but it feels like a missed opportunity given the new social features. Why don't they upload training videos, why aren't their agents sending rumours about their retirement to twitter etc. Could be tweets like "Flamini waiting for a top-division deal or else he's going to consider- feels he still has enough to offer and wants to go out at the top" (or something better like a paid employee of SI could come up with)

At least don't all retire on the same day.

Sorry this is part feedback, part rant, part bug report part feature request but here seems fine for it. 

For balance, this is the most impressive beta ever and I think its miles better than 16 ever was. Genuinely

Edited by Per Annum

Struggling to send players out on loan, still in my first season so unsure if that's contributing.

Also find the blue v green difficult to discern on the player comparison page.

Also I can't rearrange players on the subs bench on the right hand side of the pitch on the tactics screen. Can only do it using the list on the left hand side.

Edited by g7day

5 hours ago, KUBI said:

Just a side note for all who get frustrated about injuries (which are quiet realistic in the game). You will be able to magical heal players, with the in-game editor, when the game is released. All others should face the challenge.

I'd say wiping injuries that occur pre season is legit so long as you do it for all your competitors too. The DB already has the injuries that players picked up in pre season IRL.