FM16 - best prices

I must say I am somewhat disappointed that the beta is only available with 'digital' copies only, whereas over the 2 couple of years, they were also available with the boxed version (Amazon).

I feel this is more of a way to prevent people from cancelling their boxed pre-orders once they have received the beta key as they can only get it via digital - this is a shame as I like to own the boxed version of the game as part of my collection and also for the fact that I would not get charged until it is dispatched!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a little concerned Neil that GMG is not on your list, yet they (GMG) have stated that they are selling the game with the Beta included?

Can you confirm if they are, or are not, able to sell FM16 with the beta as I have ordered from there, and have done so for many years.

I contacted GMG support about this and they replied with this.

Awais (Green Man Gaming)

Oct 15, 11:16

Hello Jme10

Thank you for your ticket and for your purchase of Football Manager 2016.

We can confirm these are official keys from Sports Interactive and will contain full access to the Pre-Purchase Beta along with the An Alternative Reality Documentary.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.

Thank you for shopping with Green Man Gaming.

Kind regards,

Awais

Green Man Gaming & Playfire

Customer Service

I've never had problems with Green Man before so I hope they do have the keys again. I think I'll just wait and see if GMG let me down in 2 weeks lol.

Does anyone know when you can get the release of the documentary when you pre order through GMG? Will we be able to see the doc before the game is released, on beta release or actual release day?

The 25% voucher was brilliant.

if you get key earlier, when you activate it you will receive non tradable gift of documentary in your inventory, I'm selling mine for 2 TF2 keys.

I ordered from Funstock and received the key almost immediately, activated it and watched the FM Documentary . Now I'm not sure if they have the beta, I know they said they do but who knows. I will just be pretty upset if the game is activated and will not be able to play the beta when they said I will be, but I have a good feeling about this since the beta and FM Documentary were a package deal.

I ordered from Funstock and received the key almost immediately, activated it and watched the FM Documentary . Now I'm not sure if they have the beta, I know they said they do but who knows. I will just be pretty upset if the game is activated and will not be able to play the beta when they said I will be, but I have a good feeling about this since the beta and FM Documentary were a package deal.

i sended them an email and they said the beta will work .

Does anyone know when you can get the release of the documentary when you pre order through GMG? Will we be able to see the doc before the game is released, on beta release or actual release day?

The 25% voucher was brilliant.

I still havent got a key in my account either from GMG hopefully will be there for the beta release

did you receive the code from funstock yet? all i got was the confirmation of order but no key received yet.

If you read your order confirmation you should find the key is contained within that email. Was for me and a few others anyway.

if not, log in to your account and it will be listed in your online account

I bought FM from GMG for the past few years. I don't see a reason for them to lie to customers.

GMG only email the keys a day or two before beta release.

I just inquired because someone official (can't remember who it was) just posted the list of the official websites that had the beta keys instead of clearing up the GMG issue a few of us seem to have. I see no reason why they would lie either hence why I placed my order with them I just don't want to be left without the beta.

You can. You can get it for almost £10 cheaper. And it is exactly the same product. So.......

This may be true but I prefer steam and takeaway all the hassle of making sure you have a product key to make the game work, I saved £5, so I'm happy with that.

Also I'm not a student or kid and can afford a couple of pounds extra for the game, hence why I buy it from steam.

In so much of a hurry to get free money from people you did not even check for the best discount, well until I posted the coupon.

Anyway the GmG credit will be gone in 4 weeks, people can get the game without you making money off them at the same price.

This thread is about posting the best prices, not posting the best prices were you can make money of it.

It seems there are 2 or 3 of you guys that show up on this forum at this time every year, not to help people but to help yourself.

I think the thing that bothers me about it is you guys never come out and say you are making money off the buyer.

Also you guys never come on these boards regularly, you show up just as the game releases and start posting referral links with one thing in mind, you want to get the game for free.

You were in so much of a hurry to make money off the people on these boards you never even checked for the best deal from GmG.

Anyway the people on these boards can make up their own mind, they can use the code from me and get 25% off or they use your code for the same 25% off and give you €2 into you GmG account.

I think the thing that bothers me about it is you guys never come out and say you are making money off the buyer.

Also you guys never come on these boards regularly, you show up just as the game releases and start posting referral links with one thing in mind, you want to get the game for free.

You were in so much of a hurry to make money off the people on these boards you never even checked for the best deal from GmG.

Anyway the people on these boards can make up their own mind, they can use the code from me and get 25% off or they use your code for the same 25% off and give you €2 into you GmG account.

I would get the exact same amount as the person buying the game ( $2/£2/€2 credit ). I do search for the best coupons, but did not see that one, I apologize.

I have purchased FM every single year for over 10 years now. I have paid for every version.

For the buyer, a $2/£2/€2 credit is better than $0/£0/€0 credit. Even if it will be expiring in 4-5 weeks.

Just a quick question guys....I currently live in Russia, but would love to get English version of FM16 to play, how to order it in order to avoid the game to be country locked?

Ru/cis version od the game has no eng language? I ordered a ru/cis version one and had all languages.

Has anybody that Pre-Ordered the game from GreenManGaming got their code yet, I ordered mine on the 28th September and I still havent been given a code.

They usually send the key code out the day of, or maybe a day before, the beta is released.

Also when you log into GMG, click on the arrow next to your username, click games, expand Steam Games, and your key/code will also show there - when your key for FM16 Beta is available. A couple of times I found my key there before I received the key in an email.

Hi, quick question about region locking.

I'm currently travelling around Asia, but will be returning to the UK in January.

Now, obvs my Fiancé believes I shouldn't be wasting my time playing FM on my travels but I want to.

What's the deal with region locking?

Will the game work in the UK when I get home if I purchase it in Indonesia/Thailand for example?

Thanks in advance.

Archived