What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

Ideas for future FM's

(a) I would like to see a set piece designer in game so you can have more control over what players do with free kicks and corners. The amount of times my player has shot when he could easily try to slide the ball to a forward standing on the edge of the wall, who turns and shoots

(b) The option to start off the game as a player first, before becoming a manager. Develop yourself as a player before you turn to management and create your own reputation from the beginning as a poacher, midfield general, pacy winger or rock in the heart of defence and possibiliy even trying to earn coaching qualifications

© Open servers where people have the option to play online games in non player created servers that dont just end when the game creater gets fed up and deletes the game. Hopefully encouraging more "player vs player" encounters

©

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A small feature that I never understood why wasn't already in the game:

Regens never gain "preferred squad number". Having a certain shirt number when experiencing highlights of their carreer should have a chance of giving them that as a preferred shirt number

A small feature that I never understood why wasn't already in the game:

Regens never gain "preferred squad number". Having a certain shirt number when experiencing highlights of their carreer should have a chance of giving them that as a preferred shirt number

Also the option to retire shirt numbers would be a nice feature, like the testimonials feature. Though on the longer careers you may end up with no squad numbers left..

Ideas for future FM's

(a) I would like to see a set piece designer in game so you can have more control over what players do with free kicks and corners. The amount of times my player has shot when he could easily try to slide the ball to a forward standing on the edge of the wall, who turns and shoots

(b) The option to start off the game as a player first, before becoming a manager. Develop yourself as a player before you turn to management and create your own reputation from the beginning as a poacher, midfield general, pacy winger or rock in the heart of defence and possibiliy even trying to earn coaching qualifications

© Open servers where people have the option to play online games in non player created servers that dont just end when the game creater gets fed up and deletes the game. Hopefully encouraging more "player vs player" encounters

©

I missed off (d) Players with high flair and creativity should do dummies

when looking at a players history i would like to be able to use the ctrl and shift keys to select different seasons of a players history that is then summarised at the bottom.

Now you can only look at one season at a time, it displays all a players goals for a season (in league, cup, continental, international etc)

it would be nice to be able to easily view this data for a player for a desired set of seasons. It would be especially useful to see what a player did for one club. You could just shift click their first season and then their last and it would then total up all the data, which could of course still be viewed individually.

yes please please please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to be able to have my scouts "follow" a player from another club so that his attribute history becomes visible and I can see how he's improving both before and after I sign him.

Also, am I correct in saying when you have a player on loan for 12 months and then sign him at the end, he has to "settle in" to the team from square 1? If so, I'd like to see this fixed. "Player X is glad to be staying on" rather than "Glad to have signed for Club X".

1. Managers, as in real life, should be able to do little team talks while the match is ongoing.. Now, we can only do it before and after a match and at half time.. This issue needs to be addressed..

2. As Cleon has suggested, create a training practice pitch so that people can test tactics.. Either against some ai players or the current side will split into two.. It's up to SI to figure how to implement this idea, but as a lot of work is needed, the benefits of this is that we would now be able to test and make our own set piece routines, try tactics, and really try different players together and more.. A really top idea

I would like "view-only" leagues to change a different colour to "playable" leagues when setting up a new game. I find it very easy to load the wrong detail level on some leagues when i set up a game with quite a few countries chosen.

Maybe even have the playable and view-onlys in different places? (in two lists)

Crash Save

There is nothing worse than making a bunch of tweaks and changes to your team, for the game to crash. Having to revert back to a previous save from the last weekly (ingame) auto save and having to do all the changes again. For me, as I'm sure it is for everyone else, it is a real FM mood killer. Is it possible to have some sort of recovery save that is generated when a game crashes?

Make the Use fake players actually make the database all regens, rather than regens with the same attributes as the real players.

This. Please! Adjust the game so that if one opts to begin a new save with the use real players option disabled, the generated fictional players are truly fictional and not just re-named players with slightly different ages, weights, etc. Please see this thread for more input on the issue. Thank you!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364771-quot-Use-Fake-Players-quot

UFWC - Unofficial Football World Championships

I would like to see a way to re-create the Unofficial Football World Championships to FM2014.

, more on

I would prefer that all (!) matches for national teams count in this tournament, so that would be:

World Cup, Euro Cup, Confederations Cup, Africa Cup, etc, etc

All qualification matches for the above

International friendlies (excluding vs clubs)

A lot of those matches are played in official tournaments, so these do not have to be created from scratch. They just need to count for the statistics.

First holders were England (1st UFWC match was the world's first international match, which lead to a 0-0 between Scotland and England. The 2nd international match saw England as 4-2 winners vs Scotland.) Current holders are Costa Rica as they won vs Uruguay and Italy in the WC 2014 in Brasil.

This may not be possible, but here it is anyway-

In Australia, most stadiums are multi-purpose and used for a variety of sports. What I would like to see is that if your club owns their stadium, they can rent it out to other sports or even rival clubs to provide extra income.

Option to watch training matches. Possibly in a similar fashion to the inter-squad friendly option you get at the beginning of the game where you can use your first team to play against your u21s; Even if the match length is only a maximum of an hour a day to save player fitness (which i believe should be optional, with fitness coach recommendations). I think this area of management is a very important aspect of the job, and only being able to actually see your tactics in only friendly's and competitive matches is ridiculous, especially for new players of the game.

This may have been mentioned before, but would it be possible to change the way the ball is given back after it has been put out of play for injury treatment?

Just an example of what is wrong with how it is currently handled:

I'm in the 86th minute of a home game against Swansea. My goalkeeper, who is set to distribute to defenders, throws the ball to my leftback. The leftback puts the ball out of play a few yards away from the corner flag so my goalkeeper can receive treatment (injured himself while throwing, but anyhoo). The opponent then throws the ball back into my defender's feet, who apparently felt pressured and just bumped it out for a corner. Swansea scored the winning goal from that corner. My problem is that my defender acted as if he was under pressure right after the throw, which in a normal situation (after injury treatment) would not have been the case.

My suggestion:

Have the opponent throw the ball to a teammate of his, and have him boot it over the back line of the opponent so they can restart with a goal kick.

I would love to be able to see ALL the managerial jobs accross the world, without actually having the leagues loaded. If I were then to apply for the job at said job, I would take control of the team at the end of the season, or re-load date. At the moment, if I think I want to manage in Romania for example, I have to choose to load that league half way through the season, but if I hear that Steaua Bucharest are looking for a manager, I would love to be able to apply for it and take over at the end of the season.

Ability to join a club at the end of a season when current contract expires, instead, of the current system where you have to immediately move.

If it's late enough in the season, you have the option to ask to join at the end of the season.

• SI Staff
Also the option to retire shirt numbers would be a nice feature, like the testimonials feature. Though on the longer careers you may end up with no squad numbers left..

This was in FM14 (possibly earlier, I can't remember). Obviously rare that you will be allowed to though.

I'd like more done with duel nationality.

The option to try to persuade players to take up the nationality of the nation they're playing in, in order to get selected for the national team. I guess this would be an option for international rather than club management. At the moment (if they're already EU citizens) the players tend not to see any reason if they're playing in Europe. At the moment (as Scotland manager) I have 2 Italian wingers that are never going to get picked by Italy, but could do a job for us.

maybe this is already there, but I'd also like to see lots of people with second nationality of the bigger populations such as USA or China, especially in those places (such as Germany for Americans and America for Chinese people) where there are a lot of duel nationality people.

To balance that, and again, maybe it's already there, but I'd like duel nationality players to lean heavily towards the country of their birth.

Lastly, a sort of traitor, or Diego Costa, random thing where a player decides to play for his 'adopted' country even though they stand a chance of playing for their birth country.

Basically I'd like this whole side of the game to be more random, because at the moment it's limited, predictable and frustrating.

I think in general an increase in support for these kinds of things for long runnings games. There need to be more milestones.

There need to be announcements, press stories and even press conferences of records broken at various levels. Right now records are largely limited to in-season records, while I'd like to see career records as well as international competition records (all time World Cup Goal scorer, for example). Other things like press polls on all time great players and teams would be cool as well.

This would add so much flavor towards long term games. Often I want to keep playing long past the point of the individual matches being fun just to see if my regen can go on to break club records, but the game does so little to acknowledge these events.

Finally, SI really needs to implement something like Salesforce Ideas: https://success.salesforce.com/ideaSearch in order to take upvoting/downvoting on feature requests. This 38 page thread is ridiculous.

Also league TV deals, should be like individual ones, in the sense that they expire on a certain date and then are renewed on the basis of the reputation of the league and the teams within it.

Also some sort of economic factoring so for example if you build up the Chinese league shitloads then it has a bigger impact globally on merch or the US does a run in the WC or whatever.

Also league TV deals, should be like individual ones, in the sense that they expire on a certain date and then are renewed on the basis of the reputation of the league and the teams within it.

Agree with this. In my Dundee United save the SPL now has the 5th highest reputation league in the world but I still get less than £3m for winning it.

More correlation between attributes and position with regens please. Wingers with low in flair are very common. Central defenders that can't jump (or are 1,60 cm tall) are also common.

Most regens have very low in bravery too. Since it is an attribute that doesn't go up or down by much during a career most regens should have fairly high on this from the start. It feels like it's more common to find a good regen with 1 or 4 in bravery than finding one with 10+.

I would like to see an automatic attributes picker that would select all key attributes for a role/duty. That is, when searching for players, you hit the button "attributes", and within that dialog you can select a role/duty and the appropriate attributes are automatically selected. You can of course change them later.

I would like a feature making able a player to bite an other player like Suarez. (joke)

Historical

1403827366-capture-d-ecran-2014-06-26-a-23-38-55.png

Do you find this readable ?

Réserve or B Teams make the historics for some players completily unreadable and statistics wrong. Example, a player scored 87 goals in 90 matchs in his career. Wow wunderfull stats but these goals was mostly scored with a B team in 4rd division.

I don't suggest that B Teams Matchs should be deleted from the historical but it could be a great idea to create a sub section for them. It's difficult for me to describe my idea in english so i made a little montage to explain it.

1403828833-capture-d-ecran-2014-06-27-a-01-08-54-copie.png

Here is my purpose.

Rather than showing the Reserve Teams statistics in the historical, it would be better to include them into the season details in the historical.

Not sure if i'm clear ...

Dual Nationality Newgens

Please SI, observe the effects of the globalization and crisis on the demography of some countries. Nations where they should be more dual nationalities newgens :

- Norway, Sweden, Finland, Danemark (Paskistan, Syria, Africans, Albania, Bosnia, Serbia)

- Netherlands (moore player from Antilles, Africa and Suriname; in actual squad Jermaine Lens, Georginio Wijnaldum, Leroy Fer, Nigel de Jong, Terence Kongolo, Bruno Martins Indi, Michael Vorm, etc).

- United States (Africans, South Americans)

The option to try to persuade players to take up the nationality of the nation they're playing in, in order to get selected for the national team. I guess this would be an option for international rather than club management. At the moment (if they're already EU citizens) the players tend not to see any reason if they're playing in Europe. At the moment (as Scotland manager) I have 2 Italian wingers that are never going to get picked by Italy, but could do a job for us.

maybe this is already there, but I'd also like to see lots of people with second nationality of the bigger populations such as USA or China, especially in those places (such as Germany for Americans and America for Chinese people) where there are a lot of duel nationality people.

To balance that, and again, maybe it's already there, but I'd like duel nationality players to lean heavily towards the country of their birth.

Lastly, a sort of traitor, or Diego Costa, random thing where a player decides to play for his 'adopted' country even though they stand a chance of playing for their birth country.

Basically I'd like this whole side of the game to be more random, because at the moment it's limited, predictable and frustrating.

Minor point but Chinese can't have dual nationality. If you have Chinese nationality then the government will not recognise any other nationality you claim to hold. If you take up another nationality then you have to give up your Chinese nationality. I'm sure it's the same for many other countries. In footballing terms i'd assume they'd still be eligible to play for China through their parents but i'd think it highly unlikely they'd be selected if they've given up Chinese nationality.

When managing in Gibraltar, I ended up with an absolute shedload of players coming into the national side as naturalised citizens. Obviously these are players that would not have a hope in hell of playing for their parent nations (mostly the UK based ones, with a few others mixed in) and so pick ours. Once my Lincoln side got a lot better, and we could afford full internationals, it tailed off.

Still though, it definitely happens for certain countries. There's also the matter of the "gentleman's agreement" in your case. I don't imagine it's coded into the game, but under that agreement no home nation will play a naturalised player from outside of the British Isles as far as I'm aware. Plus it might be the fact that those two wingers simply don't want to play for Scotland, because they're Italian.

A change to the way tactic familiarity is done. I still do not understand why it goes all the way down each season even if you don't change anything and don't sign anyone.

I've seen a few people complain about this bit it doesn't go far down for me. No idea why but i must be doing something right, all be it unknowingly.

My eyesight isn't what it used to be and i sometimes struggle to see the ball, any chance of been able to edit the ball colour for future games would be appreciated.

Not sure of the link but there is a download that makes the ball slightly bigger, looks a lot better.

I just want a better match engine, and a tactical system that allows me to play the football I want. There's some things that troubles me about the match engine.

The away syndrome

I get that I need to use a slightly less attacking tactic in some away games, but I feel disheartened when I don't get beat due to tactical misfit, but because my players can't pass a ball away from home. The rate of silly mistakes that are made under no pressure is at least tripled away from home. How come Modric suddenly can't make a single pass away from home?

Keeper positioning

Seriously, I'm a better keeper than those in the game. It's ridiculous how many times the goalie comes out terribly wrong in a game, just running out in the wrong direction leaving half the goal empty. The goalie anticipation seems to be really bad, like they're not seeing the opposing striker that's gonna connect with the through ball.

Decision making

The decisions of the players are terrible. I'm now very used to seeing my wingers beat their man, advance into the penalty box close to the byline and shoot from a minimal angle, instead of passing the striker, who's unmarked and has an empty net to slot the ball in.

The players are to eager to shoot. Instead of keeping cool, and advance a few meters into a better chance, or trying to beat a man, 9 out of 10 times they will just blast the ball over the bar as soon as they get the opportunity. There's also to many counter attacks that are stopped due to players not realizing that they are 3 against 1, and misses the opportunity to score an easy goal.

One of the worst things is the inability to meet the ball. The first thing you learn after passing in football is to meet the ball, but it's one of the rare things in the match engine. Instead they stand still waiting, while the opponent can stop the pass and get a free chance.

If these things (plus some more I can't think about right now) are fixed, and the player instructions include a "drop deeper" or "help out in the defense ffs" or something like that, then I will buy FM15, no doubt. The rest are just bonus.

Archived