What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The things I wish for would be to do away with the Classic vs Full sim mode.

Both modes have features that are independant of each other that I want in my game.

From classic I feel the news and immersion feels a little better, and Instant Result/Match Plans are great, TBH Id prefer the Match Plans to be like in FML and you watch the game while running a match plan, allowing emergency changes to be made or switch to a different plan mid game.

What I prefer in Full mode is everything else, full staff control and the ability to set what your staff can do for example.

I really dont see why ALL features here could not be optional, I mean in Full mode you can choose to have your assistant to do so much I dont see why you cant enable Match Plans. I know theres skins out there with Instant results, but these do not allow you to create a match plan of your own, nor do they make substitutions.

On another note I tried letting the Director do his job of hiring players, in my opinion this REALLY needs to have more user input. I was playing a 5-2-3 (3CD, WBL/R, 2CM, 3ST) and all the director kept trying to hire was Wingers which were not being used in that formation. We should be able to customise the positions at least, but also quality would be good too. Considering I left staff to my chairman 1 time and all the ones he got were rubbish (1 for JA/JP on a scout for example) I would want them to hire a certain quality as a minimum on players, and sometimes when I may need to have a backup to my star players I could set the quality to be lower.

I'd love to see players with roots. For example an Argentinian player with Italian roots should be able to claim Italian citizenship much faster than other players. For example Martin Demichelis has never played in Italy before, but gained Italien citizenship early in his career.

Bring the instant result button to the full game.

Make it possible again to change team colours mid-game without save editors.

If the game layout will be similar to what it is now, then for heavens sake finally move the "browse" button (the one that is in the top right corner when the game is processing) so that it is not hovering over the "continue" button. It is not difficult to move by editing a skin panel, but why the button is where it is is something I do not understand.

Something that i would like to see make a return to the tactics creator that has been removed is the ability to directly set how my players play to my target man. Head, Feet or Run on. I have Crouch as a target man now sensible people would play to the man's head because he is 6ft 8" giant, but my midfielders either constantly play to his feet or play to run on! Crouch's strength is in the air and he defiently cant run! Also something i have wanted in FM for years is a "play less backpass" option in the tactics creator, i have direct passing on as a shout but my players constantly backpass the ball when they are getting a whiff of an attacking play! I mean come on! You dont have to make it a general team option, but rather an individual player option i just dont want my attacking midfield players backpassing to the defence and giving away the ball!

Also just had another idea is Emergency Loan signings, i have all my Right Backs wiped out by injury and my only option is some centre backs that can play right back but are competent at best or some under 18 who is no where near ready for the premier league! Taking the mickey that all 3 of my right backs are on the long term injury list and i cant sign a replacement because i am outside the transfer window!

Club Philosophies

At the minute, I believe their attached to the Owner/Chairmen. I propose that they should be connected to the club, similar to how you can setup a club's formations and tactical style. Example, a club like Barcelona will always expect the manager to play tiki-taka and promote Catalan youth, regardless of who the owner/chairmen or manager is. A Chairmen/Owner can then have their own preference and another attribute which determines their likely hood to override a club's traditional philosophy to implement their own. Like a controversial figure buying out Manchester United and reshaping the club to play Long balls would be unlikely, but if they exist, they could have fan issues (think Tan at Cardiff), would could also take into consideration the supporter attributes that already exist in the game.

Could also have a threshold for a club on how willing they would be to bend their physophies, depending on their current situation. If they are in a crisis, they would be more likely to allow different styles of football, instead of their tradional expectations. Like Van Gaal will most likely do at United. On the other hand, if the club is doing well, they might be more strict on the style of football. Like Capello not winning with good enough football for Real Madrid, even though the won them the league.

Just something little that has been bothering me for a while....It would be nice to see the game recognize such events as your next game could win you the league title and give you an attendance boost.

I`m averaging around 5k home attendances and my ground can hold 12k and if i win my next home game i win the league and gain promotion to the championship for the first time in the clubs history.

The turn out was poor as only 5,162 turned up but in reality, i would say it would be a near sell out for such an important game in the clubs history.

1) you can add random players and staff to clubs, why not being able to create a random club as well? You could name it, set the country, and then start at the lowest league possible there (substituting the worse rep club there), and the game could just create a random *everything* based on that league rep (so no Messi-like regens for you!). You would still be the manager only (so you can be sacked), just your expectations wouldn't be high (maybe just dont get relegated in the first season...)

2) more "sons" being created as regens, especially from famous players (like, an average player has a 2% chance of having a son playing, a good player like 4% and a legend like 8%), and if the player retired at your club, double that chance. Since only a minority of the gamers play the game for over 5 years, this wouldn't be game-changing at all, just a kind of comestic feature, some kind of "I hope I can train him to be as good as his father" realization for us.

3) As probably mentioned by a thousand people before, the attendances need to rise quicker when your team is performing above expectations (like leading the league when it was expected to relegate). In the other side, it would drop in the same rate if you lost five games in a row.

4) prices for league games needs to be doubled to match reality in Brazil. €10 might be the average "average", but some clubs charge like €30 (for non-members)

5) Club memberships needs to be re-evaluated in Brazil. SC Internacional earns in reality €28M/year while the value ingame is only half of that, for instance.

6) In Brazil, there is no season tickets in general. Its usually only the membership, which gives you 50% discount in the tickets. Clubs like SC Internacional, Gremio, Corinthians and the like usually reserve half of their stadium to their members, so the current revenue should be like.

SC Internacional game with full attendance

Members 25000 x 15 = 375K

Non-members 26000 x 30 = 780K

Total = 1.15M

Id like to be able tp suggest to a dual nationality player which nation he should choose.

Something like:

I think you should wait for a call up from (Y), your definatly going to be good enough

I think you should declare for (Z) - you will get much more playing time on the international stage

I think you should turn down (X) for now, they are just trying to tie you down - you are better than that level

etc

some responses could be

Thanks for your advice, Ill definatly wait for (Z) to call me up

I appreciate your advice but I want to play for (Y)

I dont think playing for (X) is a realistic target for me - there are tom many good players in my position and I want to play on the international stage

A possible thing to with your wage may be upgrading your training stats so you can contribute to training too. Also maybe learning new languages can be a good thing to do. Because the amount of wage you get is pretty useless now.

I would like to see the following things introduced to Football Manager. I will list them by dot point, and then give further details below for those that wish to read it.

• To give yourself Coaching Assignments along with your Backroom Staff
  • Option to be a Player/Manager
  • To have a Managerial Stat Profile, similar to other Backroom Staff
  • To have a Player Stat Profile, similar to other Players
  • To be able to set your Past Playing Position

Manager Past Player Position

This particular feature isn't much on its own, but ties in more with two of the other features I would like to see.

One its own though, this could be used as a factor when having private discussions with your players, particularly when chatting with players of the same position. Giving advice on performance and training could be weighted stronger or weaker when talking to players of a position you played yourself during your career, etc...

Manager "Player" Stat Profiles

This particular feature again ties in more with other suggestions I have made than being a solo feature. On its own there isn't any real need for this feature, other than for those that enjoy having a fuller background and bio.

The stats themselves could be implemented in two ways.

1. Assigned randomly based off the selected Past Player Experience. While done random they would be weighted towards the Past Player Position that I outlined above. A Sunday League Footballer would have lower overall stats than that of an ex-International.
  2. Us as the player can assign the stats ourselves from a pool of points. The pool of points would be based on our Past Playing Experience, with a Sunday League Footballer having the least amount of points to spend, etc. This is my preferred option for assigning Player stats.

Manager "Staff" Stat Profiles

This particular feature I am surprised hasn't been included already. I find it kind of ridiculous that all staff within a club have stats for their abilities but we as the Manager don't.

Under the current conditions that the game plays it probably isn't major, but like my proposed Player stats it would be nice to have for fleshing out our background and bio.

Just like the Player stats this could be setup to either assign the stats randomly (my preferred option in this case) or user assigned from a pool of points.

Player / Manager

I imagine that most players setup their Manager profile to be similar to themselves in reality, with the exception being Past Playing Experience.

I always set my Date of Birth to my actual DoB, which for FM14 put me as 32 at the start of the game. I personally prefer to play a LLM style, so at the lower leagues I would consider myself to be "young" enough to potentially play for the club I am also Managing. In the case of using edited databases, such as the Level 12 English Pyramid, then managing at the lowest level becomes even more appealing to be able to be a Player/Manager.

This particular feature ties in several of the other features I have proposed.

Note that in the 2013/14 EPL season we had at least 2 Player/Managers. Gary Monk was listed as a Player/Manager at Swansea as the interim manager, although I don't know if he actually played during his time as Player/Manager. Ryan Giggs not only became a Player/Manager at Manchester United at the end of the season, but he also subbed himself on and played during his time as interim manager.

Coaching Assignments

Many managers take a hands on approach to training around the world, and yet in Football Manager we can't assign ourselves to take care of coaching roles. This is a rather irritating oversight.

This becomes even more irritating when playing at lower leagues, and especially in edited databases such as the Level 12 English Pyramid. At the lower league levels it becomes much harder to get backroom staff such as an Assistant Manager and Coaches, or the ones you get you wish you hadn't because their abilities are worthless. But to see any development in your players, outside of playing matches, you have to have staff that can fill your coaching assignments.

As the Manager you should be able to fill the role of a dedicated Coach. This proposed feature ties in nearly all of my previously proposed features, and is the overall aim of why I would like to see them all implemented.

I am a personal fan of playing LLM and I generally start unemployed. The clubs I end up being employed at generally have poor finances, poor backroom staff, and poor facilities. Being able to take on a Coaching role myself helps with two of those things directly, and can influence the third in the long term. I can save the club cash by not "needing" to hire an Assistant Manager and/or Coach. Depending on my Staff Stats I could potentially be a much higher quality of coach than what the club would otherwise attract at the lower leagues. By saving the club money with not paying staff wages, and revenue raising elsewhere, I could convince the owners to improve our facilities.

I cannot express how much I feel the game needs this particular feature.

I know this is a long post, but I hope I have been clear in outlining the features I would love to see introduced. While I have listed them as individual features, the reality is that they all work together as one overall feature (maybe with the exception of the Player/Manager). Now to get Miles Jacobson to see this and act on it ;)

My two cents regarding DoF!

I want him to be more interactive. For example, i could say that i want him to find a young and talented goal-scorer. Then perhaps he would ask "how old and should he be from a preferred country?". As it is now, the suggested transfer targets are a bit odd. If i play as ajax, i would think he should go on about it like they do IRL. For example suggesting hot prospects and not older players based in a far away land which i doubt Overmars would know about? Im rambling, but in my book Overmars would firstly suggest a player in the amsterdam area and work out.

Do you see what i mean?

A more interactive and realistic DoF.

Ability to choose reserve team line-up.

And an option for a new squad tab. So there would be U18, U21 and then an option for a 'developmental squad' for your best reserve players. This could be no more than an organisational tool to begin with, but when chairman allows you the budget you could introduce a specific coaching staff.

I think City do this.

Clubs taking over other clubs. For example, Man City own New York City FC (Coming to MLS in 2015) and Melbourne Heart in Australia. Udinese own Watford and Granada, and Standard Liege own Charlton. This should happen in FM.

I have been playing this game since 1996, and it gets better every year.

Geographic Maps - One improvement I would like to see is more emphasis on the geographical location of clubs. I would love to see a map with the club emblems pinned, ideally with links to that club. This could be achieved by the Geo coordinates that are within the database for each city perhaps. Although this alone would be a cosmetic touch, to make it more functional, the current scouting could also utilize this. If I take control of a club in the conference leagues, I imagine scouting would be limited to my surrounding areas and therefore we could highlight those areas on the map. Another way to make this more functional would be to allow us to see our youth recruitment catchment area?

Leagues - The MLS is currently a very insular league, but every now and then it will add a new franchise to the league, such as the upcoming NYCFC. It could make the longer games more dynamic if league rules could change every now and then to allow this, or at the very least a manual with the advanced data editor so that we can add this in ourselves. I'm no newbie to the editor, but the amount of trial and error testing to get something working can be a bit of a nightmare.

Kits - please allow kits to change every so often. It's weird being 30 seasons in and still using the same kit. I'd love to see a slight variation each / every other year like in real life.

Media - if I have taken a team from the lowest division to the highest, I want that to be commented on in the media. Make it more personal, so that your legacy is defined in the history books, rather than just comments of overachieving. Additionally, if I choose to leave the club, I'd like to have an exit press conference (unless of course I'm fired).

Scouting: Allow us to select at least 20 players at once & press scout

You can scout up to 500 players at one time through the use of the shift & alt keys select a group of players.

However if there is one player in the selection outside your scouting range you won't get the option.

A more granular approach to Tactical Familiarity.

Signing a bunch of players in the summer should have some impact on how well your team knows your tactics, but not so much if they're not playing. As in, if 10 of my starting 11 played 20 or so games for me last season with the same tactics then their Tactical Familiarity should be close to maximum (especially if the 11th player is my goalkeeper), but if I start a match with a bunch of new signings, they won't be quite as au fait with my tactics.

Basically, tracking Tactical Familiarity per-player, rather than squad-wide (which is what it seems to be at present).

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but when creating a manager have a way of setting a personality. Such as letting us add few descriptor lines which are then used in media releases. I think it already happens to an extent but it would be nice to have control over it.

i.e as opposed to "Zamalek have appointed Joe Bloggs as their manager" you put in this prefix text box, or select from existing presets, and it becomes "Zamalek have appointed passionate young Joe Bloggs as their manager".

A list of presets you turn on and off just like shout instructions would add variety instead of the same line we've written repeatedly in every media release.

Or you can simply choose a preset personality, or several personality traits, which SI have put half a dozen of these different descriptors in the background for.

Something simple that would help to flesh out the stories a lot of us follow and make for ourselves while managing.

An easy Screenshot option like some Steam games have where you press F12 and it takes it and loads onto your Steam account.

Staff chat options similar to Players when you want them to sign new Contracts.

When you tell an old player that he would be a good ___Staff member then allow to offer a contract for it if he agrees.

Allow European Qualifiers to register signings that have agreed to join.

I may have said something similar before. But can we see a bit more sense in the Scouting ranges please?Or at least allow ''Parent Clubs'' to send a list of available loans.

I am Manager of Port Talbot and have Swansea as my ''Parent Club''and am unable to gain any information from Scouts for possible loan targets as it's too far,it's only 12 Miles down the road!

I would like to see transfer Listed players get more annoyed when bids are refused that match asking price, because asking price got increased after the bid was made.

twice now bid on a transfer listed player, £28m asking price, which was refused a day later because it was £33m, that got refused because asking price is £39.5m.

I know the team may not want to sell, but why doesn't this annoy the player in question a bit more.

or the ability to explain why you haven't bought said player to the agent after he gets offered to you, so the selling club cant keep taking the mic.

You can scout up to 500 players at one time through the use of the shift & alt keys select a group of players.

However if there is one player in the selection outside your scouting range you won't get the option.

How do i do this?

I hate training with a passion hence why I leave it to my Assistant but it's mid season and he has the intensity on low which seems to upset about 22 of my players. I don't want to take it myself so it would be nice to have say a regular meeting with the Assistant where he can ask if all is fine but I can suggest along the lines of upping intensity or any other tweaks to the training.

know there will be people that are absolutely against this idea and i am sure it has been said before. BUT.....

Please, If I am wrong about any of the presumptions/assumptions I probably will make I implore you to correct me.

There has to be something in the game now that expands the financial side of football management. With FFP and chairman like Randy Lerner making managers work under extreme financial restraints, which can spread through to who gets playing time and who doesn’t based on bonus structure, case in point apparently Lambert wanted to play Hutton, but as his wages were too high Lerner said no. The only reason I can think of is that he gets an appearance bonus. With an already high wage it could mean a lot more money going out for an average player.

We need to have more control over the fiscal side of Football Manager. Now I am not suggesting that we get to but personal items with the money that aside from serves as a monetary compensatory number for managers leaving their clubs serves no purpose other than aesthetics.

What I am proposing is a way to hire financial specialists, CFO, Accountants, what ever the label you wish to use and bring in merchandise, marketing, financial advisors etc to better handle the changes.

For example, you are signing a player from Japan, and you get a message now that states shirt sales expected to be boosted by signing of Hyotake. But that is really as far as it goes. But it no longer only needs to be that. There should be a breakdown of how much they expect to receive either in terms of percent coming in we expect to see a 25% increase in shirt sales due to the popularity of the player in his home nation.

Merchandises/Director of Football could for example, say as the team is enjoying success and as such out reputation is increasing we should look to buy someone from, India, as they have a growing market and the merchandise/marketing side of things could see the club grown in terms of profitability/financially.

You could have the Chairman/Director summon you into the office and demand that as season tickets have gone down since the previous year you play more attractive football as surveys to the supporters representative, which we have but is very much a back back back offie role have stated that they just don’t want to pay 400 a season to watch kick and run, park the bus tactic you are currently running or that we reduce the amount of the season tickets. As we are not going to reduce the price of the season tickets we request you change your tactics to be more attractive and thereby drive season ticket sales.

To add to that you could be included in a meeting with the Chairman, Directors, CFO, and Marketing director to discuss how much we should be charging based on certain things, are there any young wunderkinds that we could “exploit” do we have anyone that has charisma that could be the face of a campaign that the club could put together for mutual benefit with so and so.

This could open a whole new dynamism with the manager asking high profile players to make appearances at certain functions that the club is sponsoring. The players could get annoyed by having too much on their plate, fans could get upset and request that you not play the player that didn’t show up to XY charity event.

The real world of football management is changing; it’s about time we keep up with the trend. Otherwise I can see us taking a step back.

We need to have more control over the finances, or at least the ability influence them.

This cry of its football manager, not football chairman or FIFA Manager is getting ridiculous. But there is nothing wrong with change, so long as it is for the better. There is nothing wrong with adding a game mode or two.

I would relish the chance to run a game where I am the chairman and I can impose certain parameters on the managers etc.

Sorry to ramble.

How about a "touchline demeanour" setting to go with the instructions?

You could be "calm", allowing your players to play without feeling pressure but perhaps a lower urgency e.g. Arsene Wenger. Or aggressive, meaning your players mirror you, get stuck in and their discipline falls and (hopefully quite rarely) you could be sent to the stands for arguments etc, depending on "how" aggressive we're talking e.g. Jose Mourinho. Or passionate, like Diego Simeone, which appeals to a highly professional/determined team or to players with an affinity to the club they're playing for, but a lower effect on other players. I'm not sure, maybe it'd give the manager more of a personality and different tacts could suit different squad personalities?

I would like far more depth in historical records about players. For me the kernel of what keeps me coming back to the game, is I love my players. Currently I keep hand written records (sad I know; I have them going back over 20 years to CM93/94 games).

I want to be able to view top 100 (ideally, or top 20 at least) all time appearances, at least top 20 goals, top 20 assists, top 20 highest transfer fees paid and received, to see at a glance a view of all my players achievements rather than have to individually go to a biography to see their tournaments won, a top 50 most medalled players (whilst at the club), all of that sort of thing.

Similar for international teams, so I can follow my players progress up the all time caps/goalscorer charts, and also my competitions so I can see top 100 players for Prem appearances, goals, for World Cup final goals etc. I currently have a player in my FM12 save with 182 caps and 172 goals for France. Is he the highest ever international scorer? There's no way I can find out :( I know he is top for France but can't see if he's beaten by anyone else unless I check every other nation individually and even I am not that obsessed :)

And then ideally a view for a player that surfaces all of their rankings on all time lists in one view. So eg for Wayne Rooney it would list (and I'm making the numbers up here)

England caps:80 (all-time rank #20),

England goals:35 (all-time rank #6),

England assists: 23 (all-time rank #15)

Premier League Appearances: 350 (all-time rank: -not in top 100 )

Premier League Goals: 170 (all time rank #14),

Premier League Assists: 90 (all-time rank #82),

Manchester United appearances: 350 (all-time rank #37)

Manchester United goals: 220 (all-time rank #1)

etc etc.

Once a player retires, this info should still be available and the rankings still dynamically update to be current, since they are all time records.

To me this would be a WOW! advance on the current game immersion that would definitely have me buying it.

I'd love it if you could select a year and play with the players from that particular time i.e. playing as Milan in the 1990 season with Baresi, Gullit, van Basten, Rijkaard etc against Vialli, Mancini, Maradona etc.

what i'd love to see is an anniversary edition, where you start in the year FM was created (1992?) and you can play past the present and into the future. so instead of regens every year you get actual players for 20 seasons (then obviously it'll be regens past 2014).

It has probably been mentioned before, but I would deffinitely like to see more realistic valuation of players. Lower reputation players should have signifficantly more attention drawn to them from other clubs if they perform at a very high level. Currently, there is a great number of players than are clearly not worth their transfer value but still, they are signifficantly more expensive and popular than the ones that score for example 25+ goals a season but have lower reputation, wage and attributes. After all, the main purpose of transfering someone in your team should be how he performs in his current club (overall stats, overall rating, etc).

I would like to see more detailed training setup.

ex -

1. Designing the training drills (some standard drills should be provided with option for user to customize also). This would affect overall general training or individual

2. Match preparation training drills - like for attacking movement user can set one or two attacking moves to practice. Obviously not all teams can be broken down by similar attacking moves

I believe this can become very interesting and managers will feel more involved if designed well

It would be a good, but small, addition if when players are called up to their national team and they will be gone over some matches that there should be some note of that in the message that we recieve.

"Player X will miss the games against the following teams: Team A (PL), Team B (CL)"

"Player Z will miss the games against the following teams: Team C U19 (U19)"

It would make it much easier to deciede if I want to withdraw a player or not instead of having to look through the schedule and manually count if they will miss or not.

I just saw that most of my U19 team will miss a game in the play-offs for the Under19 Champions League because they were called up to some U19 friendlies.

AI hiring and firing certain staff when an AI manager is signed or sacked.

AI managers should be able to appoint staff associated to them.

More in-depth detailed stats/profile for human managers as it is on an AI managers screen.

An intelligent interaction system with press/rival managers/players to get the best out of mind-games/rivalries.

Current system is monotonous and predictable.

Ability to directly criticize/praise ref decisions, leading to FA repercussions or positively influencing future ref match decisions (Temporary effect).

On pitch animations - Spectacular goals, skills/tricks etc...

The addition of certain off-field events - players sometimes argue with referees but they never seem to argue with or get angry at opponents. Particularly in rivalry games, there are regularly flare-ups between opponents, leading to bookings/sending offs, and it would be nice to see this in the game.

Also, I'm not sure I've ever seen a goalkeeper foul a player in the game - this is a relatively common occurence.

Making it easier to quickly find free agents. Several times in the past I've had a goalkeeper go down for several months with an injury outside of a transfer window and so I've wanted to sign a free agent, but given that free agents have no value it is very difficult to sort through players on the Player Search screen - asking a scout to find someone to takes too long, so I have to manually look through players to find someone. Would be nice if there was an easier way to sort through free agents.

Also, if some of the more grievous graphical errors could be avoided in future. Several times I've had the problem where my player is taking a penalty and the game shows the ball go in the back of the net like a normal succesful penalty, and it takes me a few seconds to realise that the commentary says the player blazed it over. In all my years playing FM there has never been a more deflating experience than the game showing my player scoring a 90th minute equaliser in a European Championship final only for it to turn out that it actually went over and the game failed to show it...

Also, I'd like the match engine to reduce the number of times that my players are standing in an offside position when a free-kick is taken. I just had one where the player was standing a good 10 yards offside when it was taken, and the free-kick taker still crossed it to him. No player would stand this far offside for a set piece, and even if they did, the taker wouldn't cross it to them.

Newgen's Favoured Clubs (Supporter)

It seems rather rare that a Newgen comes through a club, wile favouring a different club as a supporter. Example, you are unlikely to see a Newgen supporting Man Utd when they spawn as a Youth Candidate for Arsenal. Even more odd is when you get foreign Newgens coming through clubs and they support the club they spawn at. Though it's understandable, to a degree, that a foreign player may support a globally recognized club like Bayern Munich, it is kind of odd if I get a Spanish player coming through Plymouth Argyle, who also supports them.

My suggestion is that when deciding a Newgen's favoured supported club, it should look at the place of birth and look at the clubs based in that city, deciding by the reputation of the clubs in that area. So if they are born in Madrid, they are more likely to be a Real Madrid fan, smaller chance of being an Atletico Madrid fan and even more so for Getafe CF and Rayo Vallecano. So now if I get a Spaniard to come through my Plymourth Argule academy, and his place of birth is Madrid, he may, for example be a Real Madrid fan.

Secondly, I suggestion, though it may already exist, that Newgens that come through that had been at previous clubs before joining yours as a Youth Candidate (as shown in their history), may have their previous club as a favoured club, either as a supporter or player. Edit: ignore the second suggestion, just checked, it already does exist, at least for the supporter variation.

1. The possibility of a player getting injured or picking up a knock in the 'warm up' between the team selection page and match page. Sometimes an injury that forces a change, sometimes a knock that may damage the player's fitness and force you to make a decision on whether he plays or not.

2. Odds throughout the season to win the league & relegation etc, rather than just at the beginning of the season.

3. Option to disable the licensed kits and edit kits in game so you're not in 2024 with the same kits as 10 years previous.

Team Talks made clearer with more options which affect players based on their professionalism, determination, and happiness. Make the "don't get complacent" team talk actually do what the phrase means to most people who play sports.

With that, I have to say I am loving FM14 right now :)

Im going for 3 things this year!

1.Being able to manage u18s and reserve sides as an independent job? So if you start unemployed with minimal reputation you will have to start as a youth team manager.

2.A dugout camera view!!! It was in lma manager so im sure you guys could add it?.

3.New stadiums? All pretty much the same per level of football.

More control over the newgens you get from your academy. Suggestions:

-Option to define the player types your academy focuses on developing in different positions. This could work by choosing a role/3-7 preferred attributes per position. For example, you could set the CBs that come through your academy to have high first touch and passing stats, or at least higher than normal. To expand on this, you should have 3 different molds for every position. To continue with the CB example, you could set your academy to develop 1: ball playing defenders, 2: classic limited defenders, highly physical, 3: fast, covering defenders.

-Option to set 2-5 "essential" attributes that all your newgens will be highly trained at, no matter what position or role they play. For example, you could set your academy to drill high team ethic to all youngsters(in expense of other stuff). This would also have the added bonus of being able to simulate real-life academies, La Masia for example, whcih would develop highly technical players, while academies in England would develop more British players. Something like this is, of course, already in effect in the game, but this would allow you to bring, for example, the spanish approach to a mid-table EPL team academy.

AND MAKE BRAVERY&AGGRESSION TRAINABLE. If you can train leadership, you should be able to train these too.

I would definitely like to see tactical option that would allow us to define the distance between the lines, without affecting creativity. So, basically, the distance between defenders and midfielders, or defenders and forwards. Arrigo Sacchi always wanted his team to behave as a compact unit, where the distance between defenders and strikers wouldn't exceed 25m. Basically, fluidity changes both creativity and space between the lines, so, I think it should be separated. And many more tactical instructions, so we could have more control over tactics, like in previous versions (other than FM14, which I consider to be quite unsatisfying).

Archived