Football Manager 2012 Announced!

although I do appreciate the screenshots.. next time.. please release some where you actually can see whats on the image.. they are WAY to small.. well almost useless

but sofar the features look great! - looking forward to read some more :)

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
So for example if 5 years in, with only England as playable or viewable, and I wanted to go and manage in Spain, and so added that league, all the players for the Spanish teams would be down as having played 0 games in the opening 5 years? What about those teams who've been in the CL for example, would they also be down as having played 0 games, or are you just talking about league games? Also, is it the same if you switch from viewable to playable, or would switching from viewable to playable mean the country you've decided to switch from viewable to playable actually show players as having played some first team games? Sorry if the way I worded it seems a bit confusing.

Players who are added (ie players who aren't at teams in the game as they aren't loaded in) have blank histories. Those who have been at the club since game start and are loaded in will have their stats and histories.

although I do appreciate the screenshots.. next time.. please release some where you actually can see whats on the image.. they are WAY to small.. well almost useless

but sofar the features look great! - looking forward to read some more :)

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Screenshots_%28FM12%29

Click on the image once to make it full size, then again to make it have its own page. Then, zoom in by pressing the image again. The images should be easy to read then :)

Looking forward to seeing the ME Tweaks the most to be honest...

I really hope there's less clearances in touch, less kicking the ball off other players and other such annoyances.

Based on the video re the match, looks like defenders and goalkeepers will need some work!!!

Not sure I saw much midfield stuff either, certainly the defending was not good though I know it's work in progress.

don't worry about the goalkeeper. They were using David de Gea for the match video.

am i the only one not excited about this announcement? seriously SI at least do something different. every year same things said in the announcement, this will be the best game ever, control your favorite team, blah blah blah. and a couple of wimbledon pictures that no one cares about. at least put up some interesting pictures.

dont understand the orgasms for the play anywhere, anytime either, its not going to add anything to the game really.

what's your problem ? So you don't think the ability to add & remove leagues from your saved game is anything special ? The ability to manage in a country the next season and loading up that league afterwards ?

you need to get your head checked pal

Before I get into my little rant, I just want to say I've been playing this game since '98 and its my absolute favorite. Love it to bits!

There is something, however, that really gets to me: the awards. How can some guy whose team gets knocked out in the 2nd round win Best Player of the World Cup over the guy that led his team to the championship just because his Avg rating is a little bit higher. It really gets to me! Please let this be fixed in FM '12!

sounds good.

I can see some horrible bugs resulting from the adding new leagues though, for some reason. I hope not!

You aren't the only one pal. However, I do presume that a feature such as this has been in the making before FM11.

Hugely excited. I made myself read each bulletpoint of the OP very slowly as if I was opening Christmas presents and trying to make it last as long as possible. Excited for the leagues concepts - I always end up regretting not adding a league at some point - for example the South American leagues yield a lot of great regens but that's no use to a BSP team... but when you finally get to the Premiership, you might think "If only I had access to more Argentinian wonderkids!"

Going to leap to SI's defence on a couple of things... the term "overhaul" has been suggested a couple of times but it completely goes in the face of the progress of FM - just about every feature is evolving and gets a little bit better and more intuitive each year. An overhaul would end in bugs galore that no-one would love and all for potentially very little progress. A step sideways. I think an 'overhaul' is only needed on things that are broken or totally undeveloped, of which there are very few examples now.

I do agree with some of the other posts in that I'm looking forward to hearing about the transfer system updates... the transfer bidding system is something that hasn't evolved since the option to "offer to clubs" was introduced. Here's hoping we get some bidding wars rather than seemingly independent and unconscious blanket "take it or leave it" offers from clubs which are all coincidentally identical to each other as if there has been some unholy cartel between your buyers' CEOs.

I also agree that I hope that the AI is evolving as I seem to find if I win the Premiership with a 'small club' there is very rarely any uproar or indignation to try and dethrone me and I end up winning again and again. But that's something for another day I suppose!

Did I see someone say Prize Money and Sponsorships don't change with Dynamic League Reputation? That sounds baws.

Very good news, but i think this version will be some misses, like no stadium editor, huge changes in training, multiplayer features, sound improvement, etc...

But i'm looking for discover the other features, could be a very exciting waiting for news about FM 2012.

The countdown are begin!

2 more questions about adding and subtracting leagues:

Can you add leagues that aren't out of the box too (xml files)? If there's some conflict between some files and the game crashes, can you still remove the league without ruining your career save?

Thanks for all the comments so far - we're really happy to see so many people excited about this year's game. I know that lots of you have lots of questions but I'd ask to you to bear in mind that, although there's lots more to come, we won't be talking about any other features today.

Starting in a few weeks time, we'll start to go into detail about the features we've already announced as well as talking about a whole host of other new additions you'll be seeing in Football Manager 2012. All new information will be posted in these forums as well as on the SI twitter account and website, so keep an eye out for the latest info!

Will Football Manager 2012 be 64-bit?

I can't believe people are complaining about features simply because they wont personally use them. SI is stuck between a rock and a hard place every year with people complaining that certain features aren't necessary when for others they are absolutely ground breaking (ie. Manage anywhere, anytime which I think is just brilliant). Some people just expect way to much

Press Conferences and Team talks are awful and overpowered, why the hell should we not be peeved that **** like that is being implemented that we have no choice in using, if we don't want our season to go pear shaped at least, whilst bugs that have been in the game for a 6 years are still prevalent?

Sounds very exciting, loving the look of some of these new features and can't wait to see what else is to be announced :thup:

I like the sound of the tutorial mode too, I have plans to use it to show my inept friend how to play :p He watches football, just 'doesn't get' FM.

Manage anywhere sounds great, as lots of people have said already. Keep up the good work.

At the risk of sounding like an old, cranky, disgruntled customer, I have to say I'm not overly impressed at the match engine. I know it's still a work in progress but I was hoping the semi-imbecile keepers and defenders would be at least improved, if not eradicated. The new cameras and crowd animations are all well and good but when it comes to the bread and butter stuff, the match engine itself is the single most important thing in the game imo.

I'm not sure about the ball physics, either. iirc, PaulC mentioned that they would be improved, for example by including the Magnus effect to have realistic ball curving. Having seen the trajectory in both the headed goal from the free-kick and the shot from outside the box in the Valencia game (from memory), I have to say I'm not entirely convinced this has been 'fixed'.

Hopefully the code is old and it's moved on in leaps and bounds. Would love to see realistic dribbling, last-ditch tackles blocking shots and passing/shooting with the outside of the foot as well as more player animations, although it does look noticeably smooth compared to FM11

Still, in SI I trust. The ability to add new leagues mid-game is something I thought would be technically impossible and I'm looking forward to the tweaks in the transfer and contract negotiations. The new tones added to the team-talks will add a new nuance to them. Don't see the point in trumpeting an improved tutorial system and customisable screens tbh. Looking forward to reading more info and I hope it'll be out in late October/early November as usual - wouldn't want to wait till December till it came out!

The "Manage Anywhere" functionality was top of my wish list! My poor netbook is coping only just at the moment with all the leagues I got loaded, and my patience aswell, processing takes forever. If this means I only have to load the league or country I'm in at that moment, and I can apply or get interest from clubs outside that league or country (and when I accept a contract I can switch on that league and switch the old one off) would be brilliant. It would make my game so incredibly much faster.

I just hope the improved graphics don't spoil it all for my low end netbook. FM11 works fine graphics-wise, but I fear an increase in minimal graphics specs would be too much to ask for from my machine. That would force me to continue FM11 and that would be a real bummer considering the Manage Anywhere improvement in FM12...

Manage anywhere is nice, but I might find it useful only if there's a job in an unplayable league that looks interesting (like if I didn't load the Spanish leagues, but the Barcelona job became available and I'd have a reasonable shot at it)

Favorite of the new features is the tone. Hopefully now I can get my team of nervous nellies to calm down, whilst kicking still a boot at that midfielder who is looking complacent.

Originally Posted by Bertie BG

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

lliking that.. was annoying stuck with same leagues

I have to agree with Mons. I was mostly anticipating development in the 3D animations and player movement. After waching the preview video and focusing especially on the movement and positioning of goalkeepers and defenders, I have to say that there is not that much noticeable improvement compared to last year. You just have to watch the first few goals on the video and you can see that the players are still very mechanic and not that realistic like you would expect after several years of match engine development. Okay, it´s still a work in progress, but I don´t feel that optimistic about major improvements over the next few months.

I have to agree with Mons. I was mostly anticipating development in the 3D animations and player movement. After waching the preview video and focusing especially on the movement and positioning of goalkeepers and defenders, I have to say that there is not that much noticeable improvement compared to last year. You just have to watch the first few goals on the video and you can see that the players are still very mechanic and not that realistic like you would expect after several years of match engine development. Okay, it´s still a work in progress, but I don´t feel that optimistic about major improvements over the next few months.

Its work in progress mate them video's mite of been from 2-3 weeks ago in which im sure more improvement as gone in since then

At the risk of sounding like an old, cranky, disgruntled customer, I have to say I'm not overly impressed at the match engine. I know it's still a work in progress but I was hoping the semi-imbecile keepers and defenders would be at least improved, if not eradicated. The new cameras and crowd animations are all well and good but when it comes to the bread and butter stuff, the match engine itself is the single most important thing in the game imo.

I'm not sure about the ball physics, either. iirc, PaulC mentioned that they would be improved, for example by including the Magnus effect to have realistic ball curving. Having seen the trajectory in both the headed goal from the free-kick and the shot from outside the box in the Valencia game (from memory), I have to say I'm not entirely convinced this has been 'fixed'.

Hopefully the code is old and it's moved on in leaps and bounds. Would love to see realistic dribbling, last-ditch tackles blocking shots and passing/shooting with the outside of the foot as well as more player animations, although it does look noticeably smooth compared to FM11

Still, in SI I trust. The ability to add new leagues mid-game is something I thought would be technically impossible and I'm looking forward to the tweaks in the transfer and contract negotiations. The new tones added to the team-talks will add a new nuance to them. Don't see the point in trumpeting an improved tutorial system and customisable screens tbh. Looking forward to reading more info and I hope it'll be out in late October/early November as usual - wouldn't want to wait till December till it came out!

totally agree,should improve quite graphically

Manage Anywhere- will you know what jobs are available in country's leagues that you haven't loaded ? What I mean is I can forsee a situation where I am managing an EPL club, say and I'm happy to continue doing so, but if I knew the Barcalona job was available then I might be tempted to load up the Spanish leagues and apply for the job... Or will I just have to load up leagues on the basis that 'I'd like to have a go at that one now' ?

One small thing, i noticed on the screenshots the message about how you haven't had a backroom meeting since... Would a coach really go up to a manager and pester them for a ''brains trust'' meeting in real life? Don't they think the manager knows he hasn't met up with his staff and is quite capable of organising a meeting when he sees fit- maybe he doesn't really give a **** what they think and would rather they just got on with their jobs- if I wanted your opinion i'd have asked for it.

Stop being the best team then.

You missed the point. He shouldn't have to be a weaker team just to get a challenge. It should be a challenge whoever you are.

The AI has always been atrocious at team-building.

Its inevitable that the player will dominate the gameworld sooner or later because the AI teams/managers have very poor team-building logic.

While the 'Manage Anywhere' is no doubt going to be the biggest new feature, I'm 'hopefully optimistic' about major improvements in international management. At least it was mentioned in the announcement as an area seeing improvements, but it has been touted before without much significant being delivered.

The issues around scouting and reports are probably my biggest gripe. Anyone else see this as area needed a significant overhaul?

WHY WONT FM improve the A.I for term , it does not make sense , they keep on increasing the features that makes it easier for the USER , but not even improve the intelligence of the CPU, i hate playing easy games that does not last long. i rather lose and have fun instead of winning so many games thats just easy . ill get bored

Please, just manage a team that poses more of a challenge (finacially unstable etc). FM2011 only seems "easier" bacause of the assitant features, and you do not have to use them! I doubt SI will make the game more difficult for the majority just so Fmomande can not get so easilly "bored"!

You missed the point. He shouldn't have to be a weaker team just to get a challenge. It should be a challenge whoever you are.

The AI has always been atrocious at team-building.

Its inevitable that the player will dominate the gameworld sooner or later. But this point has all been debated in much more depth elsewhere so I can't be bothered educating you on why you're wrong, so very wrong to assume that restricting yourself from managing "a good team" = a challenge. :rolleyes:

Dont be silly & selfish, the game isnt written just for you, it is written for all of us.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Does this work only for nations or can you remove and add leagues as well? For example if i start in BSS/BSN, can i remove those lower leagues once im in premiership or can you add/remove nations only?

Sounds like some good improvements and features :)

I especially like the adaptable interface, the add/removal of leagues (awesome feature actually) and scouting improvements.

I am more sceptical of the implementation of the new features though. But am certainly looking forward to trying them out in the demo.

Please, just manage a team that poses more of a challenge (finacially unstable etc). FM2011 only seems "easier" bacause of the assitant features, and you do not have to use them! I doubt SI will make the game more difficult for the majority just so Fmomande can not get so easilly "bored"!

There aren't any challenges. The only difference between managing Barcelona and *insert random Blue Square team here* is the time it takes for you to reach the top. Everything I do is miles ahead of anything the best AI manager in the game does, and then I'm not even that good a manager - I'd rate myself as a decent FM player. Sure, I've been playing the game since 1994, but that shouldn't account for the ease of mastering an aspect of the game.

They should really make Mourinho do absolutely everything right all the time in all aspects of the game, to the best of their programming genious's ability. Then it would be up to us to beat that. We would, given enough time and effort. Then the next iterations of the ME should take into account what we did to beat him, and we'd have to start all over again.

Archived