Football Manager 2012 Announced!

I really hope there will be more good brittish talents end newgens.. i have always struggled finding good brittish talents after playing som seasons... Look at Chamberlain , gret talent but terrible on fm...

Britain have no talent, all the talent comes from Spain, Germany, Brazil and Italy.

England produces crap like Gareth Barry...

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Britain have no talent, all the talent comes from Spain, Germany, Brazil and Italy.

Yeah and italy full of talent is't it :rolleyes: only thing italy good for last few years is a good bit of corruption and match fixing

haha wat have England done that is significant in the last 10 yrs?

Not been full of corruption and swindlers, cant remember last time a italian season started without a team or 2 been deducted points for cheating or players banned for year for cheating

The stats stuff and the squad depth screens look nice. Won't be much use of course if the match engine isn't up to scratch, but we'll have to wait and see about that. Manage anywhere etc sounds great, hoping it is as straightforward as advertised. Also like the interface changes.

Totally agree that squad depth analysis looks like a 'small feature' that will become absolutely essential to long-term squad development and transfer strategy. The current 'assistant report' is ok for getting some indication of what your starting 11 might look like, but pretty useless for finding out where your gaps or excesses are further down the depth chart. Thanks for this!

Totally agree that squad depth analysis looks like a 'small feature' that will become absolutely essential to long-term squad development and transfer strategy. The current 'assistant report' is ok for getting some indication of what your starting 11 might look like, but pretty useless for finding out where your gaps or excesses are further down the depth chart. Thanks for this!

If the AI also uses it potentially if could solves some of the long term AI problems.

I just find it funny that a feature that was found in EHM 2005 took 7 years to get into FM, kind of silly IMO. But yes, it's an excellent feature, should really help out.

I've updated the original post with another video that has just been released showcasing Goalkeepers in the new Match Engine. Go check it out :)

thats what I came in here to do, except the editing of the firts post bit, meh! :p

looks quite good so far, and the various teams means those complaining about only seeing Wimbledon can shut up finally

I've updated the original post with another video that has just been released showcasing Goalkeepers in the new Match Engine. Go check it out :)

10 shots, about 5 clear cuts and not one goal. Super keeper much :p

I love the clip where the cross comes in from deep and the goalkeeper punches it away from danger, that happens all too rarely on FM11. Here's hoping there will be more of that in FM12 :D

Yeah the AI really needs to improve. In real life sir alex is extremelly intelligent on the game he is daft, for example im chelsea playing againt manchester united in the fa qauter final againt man u then alex ferguson picks a team full of 17/18 years olds whiles i play a first team then he looses 3-0 and is on the verge of getting sackrd also he makes the stupidest of signings which makes his team play awful. Please sort it out si.

Yeah the AI really needs to improve. In real life sir alex is extremelly intelligent on the game he is daft, for example im chelsea playing againt manchester united in the fa qauter final againt man u then alex ferguson picks a team full of 17/18 years olds whiles i play a first team then he looses 3-0 and is on the verge of getting sackrd also he makes the stupidest of signings which makes his team play awful. Please sort it out si.

Agree fully the AI is rather lame brain at times which makes the game look rather silly.

Regarding the Manage Anytime Anywhere feature, I assume that this won't however enable us to add/remove editing files (edt/xml) on the fly as these are database changes? From how I understand it, adding a new league would simulate all its players from the original database, but making database changes mid-game would be impossible.

Not a big problem, but if one wanted the option of lower leagues or leagues outside the default playable ones, you'd still need to make these changes at the beginning of a save rather being able to turn them on mid-way.

With FM12 the spl teams should and no doubt will have their ca lowered a bit more.

theres a massive gulf between the english teams and scottish, id say rangers and celtic would struggle in the Premier League. They might be good in the Championship.

But all the other Spl teams are League One standard at best.

on itv they said hearts are the 3rd biggest team in scotland and are expected to finish 3rd, hahaha no wonder its always only between rangers and celtic in the entire spl history.

they were awful against Spurs. Ive seen bottom half championship sides put in a better performance than that against Spurs in the League Cup/ Fa Cup. (no modric/crouch/king either) Then the same Spurs team (apart from Gomes) got battered by Man Utd.

i fear for hearts going to white hart lane, probably end up a double figure aggerate score

Why would you lower an entire nations worth of players based on one game? Hearts were rightly completely out played, but when Van Der Vart makes more than their entire squad its not hard to see why. Anyway its not like ANY of the current hearts players would play well in the EPL anyway.

You clearly have no knowledge of scottish football so why your commenting on it i have no idea.

Agreed. I don't think he's the only one. I cringe when they even try to talk about Scottish football in the pod cast. Fact is the Scottish league is struggling a bit financially right now. Which means most of the top players are moving to England. Looking at the quality of some of those players - Charlie Adam (product of Rangers) was one of the players of the season last year, Stephen Fletcher (product of Hibs) scored 5 in 5 to keep Wolves up, then James McArthur, Christoff Berra and David Goodwillie to name but a few. If anything the financial situation of the clubs should be downgraded but the PA/CAs upgraded.

As for Hearts everyone knows that they can be incredibly unpredictable - sacking one of the best managers in the league and bringing in a stooge is an almost annual event down Tynecastle (and I say this as a Hearts supporter) no wonder they fell apart against a good side.

I really hope there will be more good brittish talents end newgens.. i have always struggled finding good brittish talents after playing som seasons... Look at Chamberlain , gret talent but terrible on fm...

I'd say that the British players are overrated in FM2011; However, the amount of top-notch newgens and regens from the Netherlands has been astonishingly low.

I only hope for FM12 they can include a "cancel change tactic" button. How many times have you prepared your final substitution and while it is waiting to change, you get a red card or an injury. Or a goal for that matter. It shouldn't really be that hard...

This. So much this. It's a bug (or design flaw if you prefer) introduced several releases ago. Happened to me so much, I stopped playing.

Fix this, I'll buy FM12. Don't and I go back to FM06 as I have done for the last few years.

I don't care about any of the new features that match. They're just a bonus.

All I want is a game that doesn't infuriate me by forcing substitutions to be agreed so far in advance you don't even know what the score will be when they're made and you get no chance to cancel them even though the score has changed since you set the instruction. In real life, managers cancel pending subs when the score has changed. FM11/10/09/08 forces you to stick to them - creating scenarios where you go ultradefensive for the last 5 minutes of a match even though you're no longer winning or even when you're losing. Grr....

Fix the subs bug this year. Please.

Guest Mr Digsy
With FM12 the spl teams should and no doubt will have their ca lowered a bit more.

theres a massive gulf between the english teams and scottish, id say rangers and celtic would struggle in the Premier League. They might be good in the Championship.

But all the other Spl teams are League One standard at best.

on itv they said hearts are the 3rd biggest team in scotland and are expected to finish 3rd, hahaha no wonder its always only between rangers and celtic in the entire spl history.

they were awful against Spurs. Ive seen bottom half championship sides put in a better performance than that against Spurs in the League Cup/ Fa Cup. (no modric/crouch/king either) Then the same Spurs team (apart from Gomes) got battered by Man Utd.

i fear for hearts going to white hart lane, probably end up a double figure aggerate score

Sigh, I don't know where to begin with this.

Basing your opinion (as it seems to me) on the outcome of one football match is folly. This is the same SPL that has produced two Europe League finalists in the last eight seasons and teams in the knock-out phase of the Champions League. With Rangers and Celtic both gaining some respectable results against English opposition in the process. Oh, and Aberdeen making into the knock-out phase of the Europe League also.

I would also like to highlight the increasing amount of Scottish players moving to EPL teams and performing well.

I'm not denying there's issues with competitiveness in the SPL, these issues are present in England and Spain (I am not comparing the quality of the SPL with the EPL or La Liga).

Just please think about what your say and try and back up your rational with a decent body of evidence.

Now, back to FM12!

I think Strachan had lost the plot when he took over Boro, speaking as a dons fan for any club to pay us £500k for Lee Millar when he had 6 months left on his contract had to be the worst piece of buisness any club was involved at the time, we could not believe our luck up here!!! Barry Robson and Thompson have done quite well for you tho. McManus usually gets a game as well doesnt he?

McManus is doing alright now, though we did lack any experienced defenders when we signed him. Robson and McDonald are getting better under Mowbray now. Thomson is good when he isn't injured (but he is all the time), Andy Halliday has been OK in his handful of games, but hasn't really impressed, while Kris Boyd was utter garbage. Chris Killen failed to impress, Willo Flood tried hard but didn't really have the ability, and Lee Miller has just gone to Carlisle on a free.

I think that covers it?

hahahaha yeah i forgot about Killen, he couldnt even get a game for Celtic under Strachan so i could never understand that, Flood your completely right about, tries hard with little end product. Boyd just should never have left Scotland, a very very average player but very good at putting the ball in the net against rubbish teams. Thompson would be a great player for you but he has had terrible luck with broken bones hasnt he? Shame because he is a very solid player on his day.

Honestly i still laugh today about the Miller deal, i dont think we will ever do a better piece of business in our clubs history, Strachan must have felt sorry for us at the time!!

The rumours going around our club now he's gone are that Miller wasn't signed for footballing reasons. I dunno what we were hoping for, either we were going to nick some more Aberdeen players on the cheap, or we were going to send some back, but it sounds like a shady deal on our part.

Now that would make sense, there is just no way in hell it was a good decision from Boro, he was a very very average player at best and you could have gotten him for free at the end of the season! McGee and Strachan are best mates so im guessing it was tied into that, saying that its not like we ever used the money on anything other than paying off the debts!!

Archived