The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

Don't know if this has been asked in here already, had a quick scan through and couldn't see anything, but has Chelsea's transfer ban been implimented at all? They have just signed Iaquinta in my demo. Does the ban come into affect after the first window or is it just not included yet?

First impressions though very, very good. The 3D engine looks great. I didn't use it during FM08 as I found it very difficult to see what was going on, but this 'looks' much better to me, much smoother. The tactic creator also at first use appears to be excellent.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know if this has been asked in here already, had a quick scan through and couldn't see anything, but has Chelsea's transfer ban been implimented at all? They have just signed Iaquinta in my demo. Does the ban come into affect after the first window or is it just not included yet?

First impressions though very, very good. The 3D engine looks great. I didn't use it during FM08 as I found it very difficult to see what was going on, but this 'looks' much better to me, much smoother. The tactic creator also at first use appears to be excellent.

Think chelsea embargo starts after 1st transfer window:thup:

Well i wasn't expecting this :D i was happily playing my notts county save and in between i thought i'd come on here.Only to see the bloody demo is out early lol well you can safely guess that i saved and quit fm09 and i'm now using a beloved % of my 10 gig a month DL limit for this beauty.

Cheers for the early present,feels like christmas in a FM way :D

Just played my first game in the Premier League Stoke away. Stoke actually used the long throws into my penatly box through out the match, A nice touch of realism!

I managed to withstand the barrage of long throws and hang on to a 1-0 win, The perfect start. :D

How annoying...it went at 180kbps for 95% and then 30kbps for the last 5%!

It did the same for me, the last 5% seemed to take forever.

Installed the game, and immediately I see the new UI will take some time getting used to, bit weird with no sidebar on the left, definitely prefer the dark skin, like others I find the white one quite blinding.

Also just a small thing, is there any way of seeing the whole table in 1 screen (for 24 clubs leagues) as it is a little annoying not being able to see the whole league without having to scroll down a little.

Just played my first game in the Premier League Stoke away. Stoke actually used the long throws into my penatly box through out the match, A nice touch of realism!

I managed to withstand the barrage of long throws and hang on to a 1-0 win, The perfect start. :D

that's great to hear mate im smiling that you posted that stoke doing long throws in fm10 very nice touch to the game sounds like realism is taking place and its nice!!!!

that's great to hear mate im smiling that you posted that stoke doing long throws in fm10 very nice touch to the game sounds like realism is taking place and its nice!!!!

It's not just Stoke, any player with a does bullet throw PPM will do huge throws in to the box. It's pretty awesome to see

Hi

I am in window mode...no problems and I cannot get past the Players page as there is so much you can do on it. I have already expanded the page to show personality/contract/best position...superb.

Eagerly anticipating my first freindly but so much to do and those coaches so talkative..lol

Fantastic clean, clear skin....really great work.

Will comment some more once I have played a bit..but off to watch the real footie now..:)

Again looks superb great job.

K..:)

GUI - Big improvement, already feels natural

Match Engine - Better, less bugs and feels a lot more real, things like the passing between players is very good and long shots dont happen as much!

Really liking all the little things, like the match detail buttons before the game starts, player bios, new media, assistant and backroom advice is brilliant, tactics editor is really nice and i like the explinations as well.

Have to say, from the hour I've been playing the game, it beats all previous fm's and cm's by a mile, I can see myself loosing my life when this comes out on sale :) good work SI :D

Whats with Liverpools 2M nudget and Aquilani having the stats of a championship player!? Sheesh

Liverpool has announced before about they having low transfer budget

Aquailani i do not know why he has stats of a championship player i think hes good very good star for Roma but he was sold because of injury problems

Has anyone managed to Print Screen yet in Windows 7? As great as the In-game options are, it's missing an 'Image' option alongside the textfile, webpage etc. Puzzling. Unless i'm missing something?

Anyways, i'm having trouble getting a print screen to document a bug in the demo, but other windows applications work fine.

A news item has appeared in my Inbox saying "Offers made for Fernando" with the club logo (Malaga) missing. The news item detail says "<blankspace> have offered contracts to Fernando" minus the actual work blankspace of course.

Whats with Liverpools 2M nudget and Aquilani having the stats of a championship player!? Sheesh

Data issues in the data issues forum please. I believe the starting budget is due to Rafa spending big in the summer and the board don't want that to continue as they aren't in the greatest financial position in the first window. Remember Aquliani cost around £20m and Johnson £17m. Also Aquliani has been injured for some time so his stats will naturally be a little lower at game start as he hasn't been playing football.

my first impressions are that the game is an improvment from 09 in terms of how pleasing it is to the eye, but its still horrible!

go back to basics and copy fm 08, the best football manager game so far created and it looks like it will be the best for a while :-)

and it is annoying its automatically on "general" view, when looking at my team... please put it on "selection" automatically

EDIT: p.s i can play fm 08 three hours solid without getting bored, i have been playing fm 10 five minutes and already want to quit.... sorry if people are angered by this statement

on the positive side, i am impressed we can finally create leagues... thank you for finally listening to your fans after about 6 years.

but fm 08 was simply superb minor updates on this would be sufficient, sorry to report but fm is going backwards leaving me with no decent up-to-date good management simulator unless i use an updated fm 08.

;4013396']I think the skin makes things too complicated' date=' and i didn't figured out until now, you can no longer modify players instructions manually? I mean i have only those 3 options for my central defender, and i can't lower for example his Creative Freedom or Passing?[/quote']
Just started my first FM10 game with Hull. Wish me luck...

Gluck. You'll need it.

Once again, the paying customer is being used as a beta tester for SI Games. You cant even get a working demo to people??

You need to rely the message to whoever it needs to, that the testing coverage isnt good enough and continually releasing a product that seems like a program constantly at the beta testing stage when it suppose to be the finished article shouldnt be acceptable. It feels like you are selling your loyal customers short and thats a bad business practice.

Can anyone help? I have downloaded the "Vanilla" version from MirrorSport which took a while which wasn't a problem however on finishing its a "non-recognised" programme asking what application should be used to open the file.

Having just re-traced my steps the download actually says unknown file type?

You can take screenshots using FM. :)

I can only seem to see Printer, Web Page and Text File as options under 'Print Screen'. Those options seem to export the content of the News Item list. Is there anyway of getting FM to take a JPEG or PNG?

EDIT: Ah yes, Alt+F9 :)

Once again, the paying customer is being used as a beta tester for SI Games. You cant even get a working demo to people??

You need to rely the message to whoever it needs to, that the testing coverage isnt good enough and continually releasing a product that seems like a program constantly at the beta testing stage when it suppose to be the finished article shouldnt be acceptable. It feels like you are selling your loyal customers short and thats a bad business practice.

Any specific problems?

It's working for pretty much all of us in this thread. How is it not working for you?

What do you mean the demo doesn't work?

Are you having a laugh or just on the winded up fm10 is 10 times better then 09 was thats why 95% of the public so far are impressed even at this early stage this time last year fm09 demo was getting slammed left right and center

wots your gripes like?

Archived