The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, this is pretty special!

I've only played one game, but so far:

- It runs better on my 4 year old laptop than 2009 did - I can use the 3D view and it's slick and fast. It'll look even better on my PC when I get round to trying it.

- In general, the skin looks so smart, it's like "iFM" or something. Did Apple help design this?

- The tactics creator is fantastic.

- A little thing, but the "Adjust all attributes" up and down buttons on the player search filter is a great idea.

- During a match, clicking the tactics button led me straight to the tactics screen, and I was able to drag a player into the playing 11 without a stutter, or that annoying thing where the wrong player got moved.

I love the new Arrange Friendly options, a select few teams categorised on reputation and being able to see how much you'll receive from the match (if you play away). :thup:

Decided to scrap my Liverpool game and switch to AFC Wimbledon. Was a bit overwhelmed by the information on display and managing a club full of staff and players didn't help. :D

Game looks good so far, just installed, had a look at my benfica squad and again very disappointed with certain players attributes, looks like another year of a bad job done by the porgueuse scouts in SI

Best thing to do pip is report wot you thinks wrong in the benfica data thread and see wot response you get from researcher etc :thup:

There is via the [Match Controls] drop menu widget in the Actions Area (right hand side of Classic View) which contains a link to your Tactics page. Alternatively, if you're on Classic Pitch View or TV View there is a [Tactics] button underneath your team name that will take you there.

Yeah I didn't notice the Tactics option on the drop down menu as I set up my highlight and replay options before the match even started. I'd of prefered seperate buttons available on every view, rather then just the pitch views. Mianly as I spend most of the game looking at the match and player stats in detail.

Not a bug or problem as such, merely a suggestion - the fastest match speed option is too fast IMO, and the next slowest speed is too slow. Please add one in between!

Also, a few players who i've bid for but then withdrawn and taken off my shortlist are still in that "transfers" box on the manager overview page.

Not a bug or problem as such, merely a suggestion - the fastest match speed option is too fast IMO, and the next slowest speed is too slow. Please add one in between!

Also, a few players who i've bid for but then withdrawn and taken off my shortlist are still in that "transfers" box on the manager overview page.

Think the players you make bids for etc get added to your subscriptions :thup:

Just checked and it's the "pending transfers" box. I'm certainly not still trying to buy this guy so why is he listed?

O yeah i get you now MMm not sure on that have you tried removing them from subscriptions if there still there ?

A huge huge huge thank you to SI. FM 10 is absolutely stunningly amazing. It's definitely the best FM i have played. I had lots of complains over FM 09 last year because it would not play on my partially obsolete PC. However FM 10 is running like a dream on the same PC. It's almost as fast as FM 08 was. Thank you SO much SI.

And coming to the game. It is just way too good. The scouting, the skin, the details..it's gone to an all new level of detail. I love this game :D

To SI:

Sorry to say you should sell SI Tower, hand in your computers and make FM 2010 the last of the series. The game is perfect. No point in trying to go for FM 2011. In 1 hour playing I'm already in love with the game. Maybe it's the skin? Or how "fluid" it feels? Or the awesome stadiums? Not sure how to describe it but just love the feel of the game. From now on each year you can release a data update for FM 2010 and I'll be happy! Great job!

Sure after playing it for a few more days I might get used to it, but it seems they made the UI much more complicated than it needed to be, to many tabs, to many sub options, its not very user friendly. The most used shortcuts all seem to be placed too far apart from each other.

I can't get the dark skin to work. I've downloaded the files Neji uploaded and I'm sure I've put them in the right place (My Documents/Sports Interactive/skins) but my game isn't finding them. Any ideas from anyone at SI?
I think you'll find it should be my documents/sports interactive/fm 2010 demo/skins. Hope this helps

I am already playing for about 3-4 hours. I am pleasantly surprised and i like the game a lot. Now i would like to point smth that i didnt expect, although i suppose in time it will get better. I observed that all players got "nerfed", the attributes are lower than in previous editions. I am managing Arsenal and their players in my opinion have been nerfed a lot. BUT i hope that progression has been tweaked and players will progress more adequately to their performances/appearances etc. And although the attributes are lower, the proportions between teams have remained the same as IRL. I played two official matches and won both.

Now a minor observation from me, which i consider as being a bug, although only 2 times happened. The game was stopped because a player was in offside, but the ball was apparently not going to him. Maybe someone observed this too?

Thank you SI for a good game! Good Job!

Uquillas - I think once you get used to the new UI you will find it a great improvement on the old. When it first appeared I too found it a bit bewildering - being so used to the old of course - but after a short period of play I found myself shooting around the various areas of the game with much greater ease and speed.

Iv just downloaded the vanilla demo but cant seam to import my old tactics in to the game is this normal for the vanilla demo sorry if this question as been asked before

I dont think that tactics fron FM09 are compatible. Given the new tactics creator and its uses, it would probably be best to start again anyway as the match engine has also changed a lot.

Just checked and it's the "pending transfers" box. I'm certainly not still trying to buy this guy so why is he listed?

If i'm following this right then I think this is because the transfer is still in the transfer centre. The transfer centre is cleared down every so often so he will eventually be removed from the screen

Uquillas - I think once you get used to the new UI you will find it a great improvement on the old. When it first appeared I too found it a bit bewildering - being so used to the old of course - but after a short period of play I found myself shooting around the various areas of the game with much greater ease and speed.

Like I said, I know I will eventually get used to it, I eventually got used to windows vista too :p

My point is, it is not very user friendly, evertyhing is too dificult to find.

Demo works very well, especially compared to 09. I generally like it, all the new features are good, new tactic system is nice.

I really dislike the tab bar design, I'd much rather have the old style side menu as it's simpler to navigate and generally quicker. The combined menu/icon bars really doesn't work, they need to be separate. The continue button is now miles away from anything else (other than the close window/minimise buttons), it should be in the right bottom corner (and possibly left top too). Date bar is just a waste of space, calender system from previous games was better and it'd save space, date should be put back at the bottom of the screen.

The actual look of the new skin is good, dark skin seems like a rushed afterthought but the light one's fine. Overview page needs to be more customisable, the next match/fixture box is fine, it's just the inbox and news boxes should be optional (There's other info boxes that'd be more useful in their place). The Finance and Salary boxes could easily be combined like the finance box always used to be.

I'll just mention that as far as gameplay goes the game is very good, my only issues are with the layout/design.

I am already playing for about 3-4 hours. I am pleasantly surprised and i like the game a lot. Now i would like to point smth that i didnt expect, although i suppose in time it will get better. I observed that all players got "nerfed", the attributes are lower than in previous editions. I am managing Arsenal and their players in my opinion have been nerfed a lot. BUT i hope that progression has been tweaked and players will progress more adequately to their performances/appearances etc. And although the attributes are lower, the proportions between teams have remained the same as IRL. I played two official matches and won both.

Now a minor observation from me, which i consider as being a bug, although only 2 times happened. The game was stopped because a player was in offside, but the ball was apparently not going to him. Maybe someone observed this too?

Thank you SI for a good game! Good Job!

Really loving the new game, much improved from last year IMO, well played SI.

One thing that is annoying me though is when you have those meetings with your coaches and they tell you what they think, for example "Banfield is pleased that we boast some of the most technically gifted players in the League" or whatever, why do you have to click to view the First Team in order not to "Dismiss" his advice. Why can't you accept his advice, but without having to go onto your squad screen, then back for the next bit of advice.

It may sound I'm being a bit picky, it's just annoying me :D

Wondering if someone can help (sorry if it sounds easy but dont know too much about computers) am thinking off updating my graphic drivers i have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT and i have a AMD 64 athlon so should i download this

Product Type: GeForce

Product Series: GeForce 7 Series

Operating Systems: Windows XP 64-bit

Thanks for any help sorry if it seems simple

• SI Staff
To SI:

Sorry to say you should sell SI Tower, hand in your computers and make FM 2010 the last of the series. The game is perfect. No point in trying to go for FM 2011. In 1 hour playing I'm already in love with the game. Maybe it's the skin? Or how "fluid" it feels? Or the awesome stadiums? Not sure how to describe it but just love the feel of the game. From now on each year you can release a data update for FM 2010 and I'll be happy! Great job!

Or we could make the next one even better

Thanks for the reply mate the option to import tactic is still there hopefully SI can clear this up

You can't import old tactics but you will be able to import FM 2010 tactics that others have created and put up for download

I dont know if it's an issue for here, but I wasn't able to sign Dida from AC Milan because he couldn't get a work permit- he's got 91 caps for Brazil and only doesn't have more because he retired from international football-doesn't seem very likely he couldn't get one imo.

Wondering if someone can help (sorry if it sounds easy but dont know too much about computers) am thinking off updating my graphic drivers i have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT and i have a AMD 64 athlon so should i download this

Product Type: GeForce

Product Series: GeForce 7 Series

Operating Systems: Windows XP 64-bit

Thanks for any help sorry if it seems simple

If your on xp download the 32 bit ones, as I am guessing you don't have the 64 bit operating system.

I dont know if it's an issue for here, but I wasn't able to sign Dida from AC Milan because he couldn't get a work permit- he's got 91 caps for Brazil and only doesn't have more because he retired from international football-doesn't seem very likely he couldn't get one imo.

They have to have played 70% of international matches in the last 3 years OR have an EU nationality. Dida has done neither, I think.

Only had a brief run, but really enjoyed it so far. The 'Friendly Arranging' additions, for want of a better phrase, are excellent, as is the Backroom Analysis. Not going to play the demo much though tbh, looking forward to getting that Sussex County League update started...

Archived