The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, a lot of players are well below what they should be, e.g. Arshavin and Vermaelen.

Anyway I've found a problem. At half time, I bring on Bendtner for Van Persie, and I want to change his role to Target Man. I select it from the drop down, then the description of the position below disapears and the drop downs grey out, meaning I can't change the selections. It's the same for all other players at half time too.

EDIT: But so far this game is looking very very nice.

An Arsenal fan thinking their players are better than they actually are? golly gosh, what is the world coming to!!

I need the Strawberry Demo via a torrent but there doesnt seem to be any link for it???
How big is the file you're downloading?

1024mb but theres hardly any seeders so I switched to the worthplaying link using the Dutch mirror (only one that works) and its even slower this is sooooooo frustrating :(

An Arsenal fan thinking their players are better than they actually are? golly gosh, what is the world coming to!!

Look at Vermaelen's physical attributes and tell me there's not something a bit low about them.

Torres finishing at 17? Rooney at 15? And don't get me started on Walcott.

EDIT: I'm sounding like a moaner, so I absolutely love the new menu designs and the pitch view. There's a lot of great little touches here and there.

Another point I have noticed, are the transfers in the demo as they will be for the real game? Reason I ask is Simon Whaley is still listed at Norwich whilst he is currently out on loan at Rochdale.

Another point I have noticed, are the transfers in the demo as they will be for the real game? Reason I ask is Simon Whaley is still listed at Norwich whilst he is currently out on loan at Rochdale.

He is only on a 1 month loan, we don't add short term loans into the DB

Haven't they? Never noticed that before, I always thought they were just made to be at least 6 month ones, I am sure last season (and we had enough at Norwich) that our 1-3 month loans were just made 6 month ones.

I'm impressed so far, very impressed. I'm usually a bit taken aback by new versions of FM and it takes me a while to get into it, but aside from getting used to the slight movements of buttons everything seems very logical and intuitive. I even just had my first enjoyable press conference, an option I gave up on with FM09. The tactic creator is simple but effective and the increased interation with staff is superb.

FM10 has far exceeded my expectations and is much better than I could have hoped. Nice work SI.

Anyway I've found a problem. At half time, I bring on Bendtner for Van Persie, and I want to change his role to Target Man. I select it from the drop down, then the description of the position below disapears and the drop downs grey out, meaning I can't change the selections. It's the same for all other players at half time too.

Strange, this occured for only one game.

Norton 2010 find security threat in vanilla demo install file, so i disabled norton for installing.

for me it's not problem, but maybe some people cannot do that and thinks that demo is having security problems.

I hope norton will fix this problem. (or fm i don't know)

Already come across something strange: Weird text

Anywhere I should really post this?

FWIW, I set it to address me by my first name and my name on the game is obviously Jack Browne, not Browne Jack?

Ah, seen you've edited your original post.

What this option actually does in reality is flip your first and second names around (as opposed to actually start addressing you by your first name - that would have required quite a bit of time and effort that we couldn't commit to because of other more important priorities at the time). I acknowledge the label used to describe this setting is currently misleading. The reason we actually introduced this option was for certain foreign language users who have a reversed naming convention.

random first thoughts after an hour playing..

- runs soooo much faster, but hogging up memory - hopefully itll be able to handle more than 1 nation for me when i get it

- the way tactics works is absolutely amazing now, no more sliders wooo

- dont like the new tabbed layout but might get used to it, but will probably get a sidebar skin if one can be made

- transfers seem to be more realistic now, clubs negotiate deals lower which is better

- dont like all these news stories of coaches saying they want to move clubs.. whats that all about?

- love the way the graphical attribute thing is included on player profiles now

- 3D looks way better with crowds but my PC cant handle it (prefer 2D anyway so no problem for me)

- match engine is amazing, the ball bounces around more freely and realistic and players first touches are way more realistic, beautiful :)

- backroom advice looks good

overall bar a few minor gripes its amazing :)

now played 2 matches!

wow the new engine looks superb, the team talks have improved and i love the touchline shouts by only negative is why does the shout have to wait until the ball is out of play to start? the pending thing is annoying it should be instant

but other that that i can't argue, good work SI i can honestly say after 1 hour on the demo i will be purchasing the game and i can't wait now for my long term saves with garforth town :)

Help! I have downloaded via Steam and it says 100% ready but when I try to launch it, I get a message saying "This game is currently unavailable, please try again later".

Very strange! I can't launch it from program files either. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Did you try shutting down Steam and then trying again?

This is a bit of an odd one and the only reason it would do this would be if Steam thinks it's a purchased but date locked product. You said you tried from Program files can you tell me the folder it was installed too please?

Love the press conference for new players. But I love the fact that when you are on the tactic screen, when you click a player on the tactical overview a little pop up of his stats come up on the left, nice touch.

now played 2 matches!

wow the new engine looks superb, the team talks have improved and i love the touchline shouts by only negative is why does the shout have to wait until the ball is out of play to start? the pending thing is annoying it should be instant

but other that that i can't argue, good work SI i can honestly say after 1 hour on the demo i will be purchasing the game and i can't wait now for my long term saves with garforth town :)

The touchline shouts alter your tactic settings, it's just a much, much quicker and easier way of doing it. :)

Did you try shutting down Steam and then trying again?

This is a bit of an odd one and the only reason it would do this would be if Steam thinks it's a purchased but date locked product. You said you tried from Program files can you tell me the folder it was installed too please?

Hi thanks for the reply, I did restart steam but I got the same message. It installed to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010 demo

I also have a desktop shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 34110

Archived