The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't seem to find the Tutoring option, or asking the player to learn a new PPM ?

Aside from that, there's a lot of white-space on my monitor with the loss of the side menu bar. The pastel colours on white are destroying my eyes, so i'll definitely switch to another skin with the full version.

I like the way that Coaches now approach you for a job and that the Ass-Man now reccommends Coaches.

I really like the skin but one thing always annoys me about FM, why does everything have to be so impersonal? Why is there a list like this on the feedback screen:

Old Squad

High Aggression

High Concentration

High Determination

Good Dribbling

And within each of those there is message something like this:

"Tommy Wilson is pleased that the squad is more aggressive than most other squads in the league.

The most aggressive squad is Dundee Utd and the least aggressive is Motherwell."

Firstly these messages are just completely unrealistic and bizarre, there is useful information but it's just displayed so poorly. How hard would it have been to include all of this information within one simple team report similar to a player report? Instead of comparing the squad with the best and worst in each catagory in the league your assistant manager could compile reports of other teams too. Something like:

"Tommy Wilson believes that the squad shows fantastic mental strength and technical ability. Tommy thinks that the main strengths of the squad are the physical nature of the players and their technical prowess and has suggested that the tactics should rely on these positives rather than aiming to achieve success through creativity or flair. However he is concerned that the squad is ageing and we now have the oldest average age within the Premier League, it may be prudent to invest in youth."

I just dislike the way information is presented so clinically and without personality, I think it more realistic for staff members to compile real reports.

I have not played for long yet, and will probably return with more.

Have this one thing for now: Why not make the matchviews player redefinable, instead of the same (pretty much) useless views as in 2009?

This should include zooming, doing 360 at the press of a few keys. I am still dumbfounded why it hasn't been incorporated.

The analysis is a fine tool, but it seems very bothersome to use.

5 games in and still loving it

picking up on new stuff all the time, press conference player signings are great

i'm leeds and i signed all on frees , bruno n'gotty, ivan campo, and antoine sibierski and it allowed me to do the entire press conference with all 3 unveilings!! it's this that makes the game less frustrating and more enjoyable

i'm so not going to bed early tonight and i have work at 7am :(

Can't seem to find the Tutoring option, or asking the player to learn a new PPM ?

Click on the player you want to train/ be a tutor. The click interaction in the top left, then 'comment on player'. The options are within that area, under PPMs and 'Linked Player', like in previous editions.

Once you've used steam for fm updates and downloads you'd be foolish to go back, so fast and reliable!

I just have to endorse this, really. Steam is excellent. So much better than torrents and all that poop.

Why is there a list like this on the feedback screen:

This (below) is easy to read quickly...

Old Squad

High Aggression

High Concentration

High Determination

Good Dribbling

...whereas this isn't.

"Tommy Wilson believes that the squad shows fantastic mental strength and technical ability. Tommy thinks that the main strengths of the squad are the physical nature of the players and their technical prowess and has suggested that the tactics should rely on these positives rather than aiming to achieve success through creativity or flair. However he is concerned that the squad is ageing and we now have the oldest average age within the Premier League, it may be prudent to invest in youth."

Q:"Will you change your tactics for Ebi"

A:"I believe Ebi can slot into our existing setup quite easily"

Ebi is unahppy at your negative comments.

:(

I'm saying he will adapt really easily to my (Leeds) side :mad:, how is that bad.

I guess he thinks you should be building the side around him, rather than slotting him in.

Some thoughts: Loving the new interface, although the white kinda blinds me. Many improvements all around. Loving the return of the Send to Reserves untill Matchfit button... the custom squad screen builder (although the list keeps resetting to the top when I add a category to the list). It plays smoothly, players haven't committed any gaffes yet. Liking it so far.

My early impressions are very good.

Interface is good, skin is nice and clean, tactics creator feels like it will work, being able to search more countries is nice.

Best thing for me is that my ancient laptop installed, loaded and runs the game a lot faster than FM09.

Early days but thumbs up from me.

Some thoughts: Loving the new interface, although the white kinda blinds me. Many improvements all around. Loving the return of the Send to Reserves untill Matchfit button... the custom squad screen builder (although the list keeps resetting to the top when I add a category to the list). It plays smoothly, players haven't committed any gaffes yet. Liking it so far.

use Dark skin its as much good as light skin and it's less bright and hurts your eyes less

This (below) is easy to read quickly...

...whereas this isn't.

Yes but there is no reason that a Positives and Negatives list couldn't be included in the report. It's just always presented in such a clinical manner with no personality. My personal feeling is that on the feedback screen I would rather see individual reports from different members of staff rather than a list of bullet points from all of them that contain bizarre sentences within them.

Yes but there is no reason that a Positives and Negatives list couldn't be included in the report. It's just always presented in such a clinical manner with no personality. My personal feeling is that on the feedback screen I would rather see individual reports from different members of staff rather than a list of bullet points from all of them that contain bizarre sentences within them.

I think the backroom advice is also listed in separate sections so that the buttons can be added for each. If it were all one big report then I'm not sure how the "dismiss advice" and "set advice" buttons would work

I think the skin makes things too complicated, and i didn't figured out until now, you can no longer modify players instructions manually? I mean i have only those 3 options for my central defender, and i can't lower for example his Creative Freedom or Passing?

Getting this message from the Mirror download....

Do you want to open up the file?.....

Open it and the following message...

Choose the programme you want to open the file:

Never had this message before with previous demo downloads

Please help

;4013396']I think the skin makes things too complicated' date=' and i didn't figured out until now, you can no longer modify players instructions manually? I mean i have only those 3 options for my central defender, and i can't lower for example his Creative Freedom or Passing?[/quote']

You click on the advanced button

My 3-D match engine seems to run so so slow. It is so ridgid it is almost like it is showing me a slideshow and the image is changing every 2 seconds. I am missing all the goals and all the football being played because its too slow :(

Are your drivers uptodate wot you got running in background ?

Stats are not very good this year, as manager of MAN UTD, i demand to know the fitness levels of the match officials!!!!!! :D.

On a more serious note, what a fantastic surprise this year's game has turned out to be, absolute quality.

Cannot see this game moving from top spot in game charts.

Wish list would be to see next instalment beef the player's up, less wooden for want of a better word.

Very very good so far. Love the new layout, and the new tactics creator is fantastic (it won't make me a better manager, but at least I'll have a better sense of what I'm trying to do!)

I think I said many times before that FM has been looking tired and old lately, but this new version is exactly what was needed. Feels like a completely new game and I'm going to spend hours just noodling around the countless menus and options.

So far, so good. Top work :thup:

PS - I don't think I'll be playing as Liverpool; no money, no transfer budget, masses of debt and a rubbish squad :eek::D

My 3-D match engine seems to run so so slow. It is so ridgid it is almost like it is showing me a slideshow and the image is changing every 2 seconds. I am missing all the goals and all the football being played because its too slow :(

make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

Seriously S.I i hope you happy about all positive comment's that people are saying about FM2010 on how good it is. Better comments then last year 09 by far and i can expect that this year actually I'm certain that this year will be the best FM ever.

Seriously S.I i hope you happy about all positive comment's that people are saying about FM2010 on how good it is. Better comments then last year 09 by far and i can expect that this year actually I'm certain that this year will be the best FM ever.

Dont worry mate, all he comments are noted but for sure there should be a lot of happy staff at SI Towers just now ( and all the beta testers who have been working on this for months)

Archived