The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if sounding stupid but why does it say AMD 64 if its nbot 64 bit?

The processor is 64 bit, the operating system won't be, as only vista and 7 have mainstream 64 bit systems, xp had one but not many used it so microsoft stopped supporting it.

I think once you get used to the new UI you will find it a great improvement on the old. When it first appeared I too found it a bit bewildering - being so used to the old of course - but after a short period of play I found myself shooting around the various areas of the game with much greater ease and speed.

Very true, although I think I'm going to take a little longer than you to get used it with buttons and menus in different places, its all quite a change from last year's UI, but despite a few little graphical things I don't like, I'm sure I'll be fine with it soon enough.

ME is great as said already, the match runs much smoother, quicker, moves more realistically and the animations are much better. As I expected, I love the stadiums and crowds as well. Don't think I'm gonna bother with sleep tonight :D

Fantastic a very big :thup:

3D is smooth, the ME is even better, tactical changes in the match are very easy and the skin is easily navigated.

My only gripe so far is that the match plans from FML aren't in there. Would make the non important matches easier, especialy once you have decided how you will play.

FM09- 6/10

FM10- 10/10:thup:

The processor is 64bit but you need a 64bit version of windows to take advantage of that.

Thanks so this is what i should download for NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Product Type: GeForce

Product Series: GeForce 7 Series

Operating Systems: Windows XP

Thanks

Really loving the new game, much improved from last year IMO, well played SI.

One thing that is annoying me though is when you have those meetings with your coaches and they tell you what they think, for example "Banfield is pleased that we boast some of the most technically gifted players in the League" or whatever, why do you have to click to view the First Team in order not to "Dismiss" his advice. Why can't you accept his advice, but without having to go onto your squad screen, then back for the next bit of advice.

It may sound I'm being a bit picky, it's just annoying me :D

With these types of messages I wouldn't see selecting Dismiss as rejecting his advice as there is no specific action to be perfomed. What I mean is that it wont anger your coaches if you Dismiss advice.

• SI Staff
Thanks so this is what i should download for NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Product Type: GeForce

Product Series: GeForce 7 Series

Operating Systems: Windows XP

Thanks

Sounds right to me.

deffo the best incarnation of the old warhorse like the customisable squad stats screen and the new transfer system i wondered when you guys would stop the no signing on fee bug and as you released this early do we get the full game earlier im gunna be gutted at christmas

biggup si

With the injury news message you get, the players are named in a sentence likt this.

Rosicky is still out with a broken leg and Samir Nasri has a torn ligament in his knee.

Wouldnt it be easier to spot and check if the message was.

- Thomas Rosicky - out for 3 months with a broken leg

- Samir Nasri - out for 6 weeks with a torn ligament in his knee

- Andrei Arshavin - out for ten days, but is back in training.

Making a list is more obvious instead of a long story

I don't know if others have had this, but in three games I've had three red cards and my opponents two. Admittedly its a short time frame to judge it though.

Overall, love the new additions - especially the customisable squad screen, the match engine is a big, big improvement on FM, the 3D is much more fluid and lifelike.

The new GUI is interesting. It looks nice, is awkward as hell to use - but I expect once we get used to it, it will prove a million times better than menu after menu.

Press conferences seem barely any different, answers are slightly more relevant, but not any more interesting to do.

Looks great. Plays great.

The match engine is fluid and smooth to watch (I'm on 4 stars). I think the new layout is very professional and fresh. I love the adjusting to it if I'm honest, the need to go more indepth than simply just downloading an update and continuing on from before.

I think the interaction with staff is a nice touch too :)

Only gripe...transfers still seem overly pricey :-/

With the injury news message you get, the players are named in a sentence likt this.

Rosicky is still out with a broken leg and Samir Nasri has a torn ligament in his knee.

Wouldnt it be easier to spot and check if the message was.

- Thomas Rosicky - out for 3 months with a broken leg

- Samir Nasri - out for 6 weeks with a torn ligament in his knee

- Andrei Arshavin - out for ten days, but is back in training.

Making a list is more obvious instead of a long story

I'm actually with you on things like this and have made a few similar points about a couple of other messages in the game

I'd like to congratulate everyone at SI-this game has exceeded my wild expectations, absolutley brilliant! The polish is unbelievable-everything just feels effortless-it's the little touches. I honestly can't get over it.

A BIG WELL DONE!

Spotted a few things though:

1) When using quick shouts, if you change a tactic, a sub and a role at the same time, it seems the tactic reverts back to the original.

2) Though I love the new crowds, a lot of them seem to face the wrong way.

3)Like the new subscriptions-though it would be good if the BIG signings could be highlighted a little more than the Barnet loans from Arsenal (for example)

Nitpicking though-well impressed!

First thoughts (after playing a couple of friendlies)

New GUI is much better than what we had before - looking forward to seeing what the Community Skinning people can come up with - one small criticism is that I'd like to see the home and away club logos back on the header bar during matches - just like in previous versions.

Like the little icon on the bottom right of the screen telling you how much laptop battery you have left.

Match engine - no major glaring CM10 type errors so far. Love the "Quick Sub" option and the "Touchline Instructions" bit especially:

First game - applied the "Get the Ball Forward", "Push Higher Up" and "Shoot on Sight".

Keeper rolls the ball out quickly to the left back, who sprints up the wing with it, unleashes a 50 yard cross field ball onto the right foot of my striker who volleys into the top corner from 30 yards

:cool:

And the Tactics Creator - probably the stand out feature so far

So far so good, only played against my reserves so far but I like it so far. The ME seems better this year and can I say I love the new tactics system. It's SO much better than before, much more easy yet more realistic at the same time! :) It's a bit "information overload" though, but I suppose that is something one will get used to in the long run.

One thing I'm a bit puzzled about it a minor thing really, but the 3D score stars thingy in preferences. I only have a half star! What exactly is this based upon? As I've never had a single problem with the 3D on FM09 and it runs as smooth as I can imagine on FM10. I suppose as I have only had the time to play the one friendly, does it mean my system will be tons more affected by fans and bigger stadiums? Seems a bit strange considering FM graphics isn't excatly groundbreaking. ;) Still, like I said, so far 3D is running smooth so it's not really a problem, just a bit suprised by half a star that's all.

Another thing I'm a bit concerned about. One of my coaches is like begging to join another club. He is all over the media wanting one job after another at lesser clubs, not even better status than he has at his current side. Was it something I said when we met? ;)

Short time testing, but it's looking good so far. Will have more time on my hand tomorrow I hope to give this a proper go.

I'd like to congratulate everyone at SI-this game has exceeded my wild expectations, absolutley brilliant! The polish is unbelievable-everything just feels effortless-it's the little touches. I honestly can't get over it.

A BIG WELL DONE!

Spotted a few things though:

1) When using quick shouts, if you change a tactic, a sub and a role at the same time, it seems the tactic reverts back to the original.

2) Though I love the new crowds, a lot of them seem to face the wrong way.

3)Like the new subscriptions-though it would be good if the BIG signings could be highlighted a little more than the Barnet loans from Arsenal (for example)

Nitpicking though-well impressed!

Cheers!

1. I'm not sure if this has been logged but will look into it tomorrow

2. Yeah, whilst they aren't perfect yet i'm sure you agree they are a massive step up from empty stands

3. Defainately, hopefully we will see a few new things such as this in subscritions in fm11

Glad you're enjoying the game :)

Am I the only person who thinks the new user interface is awful? It looks over complicated and incredibly untidy. Whats with all the blank spaces? How in the hell do you get your players running lines on the tactics screen by the way? This is going to take ALOT of getting used to. Disappointed to be honest :(

i really think this is a good demo and i am looking forward to the full release, the only thing that i think is bizarre is that it displays my surname first on the manager overview (I selected address me by my first name)

and on the little button it says M Iain instead of Iain M

just seems weird!

Otherwise its a top class game by the looks of things so far :)

Am I the only person who thinks the new user interface is awful? It looks over complicated and incredibly untidy. Whats with all the blank spaces? How in the hell do you get your players running lines on the tactics screen by the way? This is going to take ALOT of getting used to. Disappointed to be honest :(

I'm definitely not a lover of it. It's not as neat and tidy as 09. Hopefully someone will bring out a skin that is reminisent of the old one.

To SI:

Sorry to say you should sell SI Tower, hand in your computers and make FM 2010 the last of the series. The game is perfect. No point in trying to go for FM 2011. In 1 hour playing I'm already in love with the game. Maybe it's the skin? Or how "fluid" it feels? Or the awesome stadiums? Not sure how to describe it but just love the feel of the game. From now on each year you can release a data update for FM 2010 and I'll be happy! Great job!

Great post I wish this England match would hurry up and finish cant wait to get stuck in :D

i really think this is a good demo and i am looking forward to the full release, the only thing that i think is bizarre is that it displays my surname first on the manager overview (I selected address me by my first name)

just seems weird!

Yeah i had this problem too. I like the first name feature, but it seems to be bugged up at the moment...

just seems weird!

This is how the option is intended to work.

It's because of how people are addressed in certain countries, so whilst it may seem odd to us, it isn't for them. :)

Archived