The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to hear.

I have also noticed that the goal net does not move when the ball hits it (in the mac version)? Is that normal? This is on 'high' graphics setting...

This is normal. We had mentioned previously that animated nets are PC only at this time, but this is something we intend to add to the Mac in a future update. It's a complex area that requires quite a lot of work under the hood to get it up and running on the Mac.

I appreciate that can be frustrating and I know that as I'm a Mac user myself, but nevertheless we're looking at adding this in.

I'm not sure if this has been lost in the other posts :)

but players X and Y at a guess would be CA=100-130 and PA= 170+ yet only 3 star rating?

Robinho (guessing) CA= 175+ and still 3 star rating in scouting reports..

What does it take to get 3.5* plus? or is this a bug?

What team are you managing? Larger reputation teams will require better players to impress the scouts

Its really stupid being referred to as a girl because my surname is female.... don't tick that box or you'll have to start over.

The skin is too white, i hope theres a black option on full release.

The tabs are really good.

Not sure I understand the first one.

The full game has both a light and dark skin :)

HELP!

I open the game and it goes through the first couple of opening screens then does the loading and then I get this error, 'non well-formed(invalid token) at line 1 of enable_data_collection.xml'. I have the latest graphics driver update and all the pc specs meet the minimum requirement.

Thanks

so far so good, i like them all but am not obbsessed by them (despite some addictive late ights of one more click syndrome) so i am not a pure pro fm or moaner.

plus sides.

love the recomending player for manager funtion

like the staff reccomendations (although ive a feeling mine might build up)

liek the new tactics set up, finally my team will play how i want them too, even if it doesent work :)

down sides.

welcome to the club press conferences are exactly the same (hate these)

same players transfer listed in same leagues every time...e.g if i start in england the same players will always be availible

HELP!

I open the game and it goes through the first couple of opening screens then does the loading and then I get this error, 'non well-formed(invalid token) at line 1 of enable_data_collection.xml'. I have the latest graphics driver update and all the pc specs meet the minimum requirement.

Thanks

Have you edited any of the xml files at all?

same players transfer listed in same leagues every time...e.g if i start in england the same players will always be availible

This is hardly likely to vary. When you start a game, clubs are going to be in exactly the same position as they are every time you start. So they will tend to do the same things.

HELP!

Thanks

Hi Mike. Sorry you're having trouble.

Can I ask you the size of the original demo file you donwloaded please?

Also it may be worth trying to uninstall the demo and then re-install it and see if that helps.

First time I've seen this problem so I'm not sure what's causing it right now.

so far so good, i like them all but am not obbsessed by them (despite some addictive late ights of one more click syndrome) so i am not a pure pro fm or moaner.

plus sides.

love the recomending player for manager funtion

like the staff reccomendations (although ive a feeling mine might build up)

liek the new tactics set up, finally my team will play how i want them too, even if it doesent work :)

down sides.

welcome to the club press conferences are exactly the same (hate these)

regarding the transfer listed players... you are playing a quickstart which is basically a save game so the same players are likely to be transfer listed. You'll probably also notice that the same players are transferred to the same clubs in a lot of games. THere should be a little more variety in the full game

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I haven't read the whole thread, anyway, I noticed 3 or 4 players in my reserves (I'm Man United) who I think are fake players. I've certainly not heard of them before, they dont come up on any google search and are not mentioned on the United website so I'm assuming they are some sort of generic player, will this also be the case in the full version?

As the demo already has the complete squad is there I find it quite irritating having these extra 3 or 4 'fake' lads in the reserves.

have just downloaded the vanilla demo off of the mirror website and spent the last hour loading a game and checking through the new UI.

i have to say that 1st impressions for me are absolutely top class. i love little extra features such as press conferences when signing players, extra options of searching for players as well as the customisable views.

agree it will take a while to get used to but for me i can see this rekindling my love affair with FM as i went off of 09 a little.

hopefully this will continue as i progress through hundreds of 6 months demos to get a good feel for the game before full release.

big thumbs up from me

What team are you managing? Larger reputation teams will require better players to impress the scouts

It is Liverpool but player X's (20yrs) CA= decent premiership PA= leading premiership (as good as Steven Gerrard)

Player Y is the same- only PA= as good as Carragher

Robinho's CA= leading star.

All 3 players have been given 3* rating

I cant see many players having better scouting reports- especialy not enough to warrant a further 2 stars.

Well done SI, excellent game.

The tactics editor is my favourate, I will have a lot of fun with that trying different things. Genuinly makes it feel like a simulator not a game. And the tactics play out as intended in the actual match, and you actually see where small tweeks might make a difference. With the ease of putting thoughts and theories into practice there will be little need to download others tactics. This is the centre piece of the game and is the deciding factor above all else to determine if you are a good or bad manager.

The match engine is the best ever, the addition of crowds is a great touch and just adds some feel to the games. At last an injury icon in the main match, little details go a long way.

Like any new game the interface will take some getting used to, but I will get used to it.

There are plenty of gems I have not found yet. Has anything new been done with the training? Appears to be the same, but I have not really checked it out.

Hey - small bug I've noticed, probably easily fixable. The "inbox" icon next to my name sometimes doesnt have a number on it even though there are unread items. I THINK (though I'm not at all sure) that its only when I start off at my "News" screen. Could someone at SI please note this? It's a very small thing but really annoying and probably quite easy to fix I would think...

PS - also just noticed it saying "2" in that icon when there were actually 8 items in my inbox. This is clearly a (small) bug.

EDT - OK - just seen previous post. Cheers and hope it will be sorted for the game release. It's things like that which make me wonder - you've made such a great game, but the testing cant be thorough enough if things like that are being missed? Unless its specific to a certain computer or something?

This is hardly likely to vary. When you start a game, clubs are going to be in exactly the same position as they are every time you start. So they will tend to do the same things.

that makes sense and explains it, but it can make things repetitive if like me, you find it hard to get into saves abroad

Yes it is yes.

It happend to me on 09 but i downloaded a new skin and it didnt happen i have tried downloading a skin for the demo off the skinning hideout and it doesnt seem to work.

is your resolution 1280 x 800?

I have this same issue on my pish laptop at home. The work around i've found is to resize the window so that the scrollbars disappear and then move the window so that the titlebar with the minimise, maximise and close buttons are off the screen. It's not ideal but it fixes the scrollbar problem.

You could also autohide the windows taskbar

Right have played it for a couple of hours now.

New interface is ok but matchdays are just so complicated to find stuff.

Light skin should have a health warning, just to bright.

Dark skin is so much better but again takes some getting use to.

The contract bug has been released again (no job £90 per week)

Getting a lot of red cards (opposition and me)

Tried 3d again but switched back to 2d after an hour, I just don't get it.

All in all a good update on 09 but no real WOW factor!

Finally managed to download the demo, (we have awful b'band speed atm), and I must just say thank you.

It is a beautiful step up from FM 2009, it gives you a much stronger feeling of control and the actual match just seems so much smoother than before. I'm really looking forward to the full release and I can honestly say I think this is going to easily be the best value-for-money version of FM that's ever been released.

I have only played a couple of games and so far my favourite feature is the ability to change things with on the pitch instructions - being able to switch wingers and ask to play wider without stopping the game has made me very happy!!

Thanks to all the guys at SI, this is going to be one hell of a game.

I have this same issue on my pish laptop at home. The work around i've found is to resize the window so that the scrollbars disappear and then move the window so that the titlebar with the minimise, maximise and close buttons are off the screen. It's not ideal but it fixes the scrollbar problem.

Thank you very much i have edited the size and got rid of the scroll bars.

Something as simple as that i should use my commen sense more often thanks for the help sorry for wasting your time but thank you for taking the time out to help me. :)

That's right.

In the screenshot, the height of your window is actually less than the minimum supported (768 pixels). What Gudge has recommended will result in the height changing to 768 pixels resulting in no more scrollbars.

PS - also just noticed it saying "2" in that icon when there were actually 8 items in my inbox. This is clearly a (small) bug.

EDT - OK - just seen previous post. Cheers and hope it will be sorted for the game release. It's things like that which make me wonder - you've made such a great game, but the testing cant be thorough enough if things like that are being missed? Unless its specific to a certain computer or something?

bugs are prioritised in the late stages of testing. Major ones get fixed (crashes etc) and some less important (often cosmetic ones like this) have to wait for the patch... just the way it is with games development.

Games like GTA (bad example as the last PC version was pish, but you get the idea) will have THOUSANDS of bugs on release... you just don't notice them, because they're probably things like one polygon marginally out of alignment.... Due to the nature of FM, bugs are often MUCH more noticable...

Well I have downloaded the mirrorfootball demo, and after playing it for a while I quite like it. It is quite a bit different layout wise to FM09 which isnt a bad thing, just will take some getting used to.

The 3D engine runs smoothly, and have not noticed any glitches or problems (so far). The download was nice and simple, and straightforward - unlike the problems of the last game.

I think the players do seem quite well researched stat wise, as a few players' positions have also been changed as they now play in different positions in real life etc (Alan Smith for example is only a midfielder now).

But overall, great work by SI, and was very pleased to see the demo had been released this evening when I went online. :)

Squad selection screen customisation - great idea but the resizing of columns is almost impossible. I'm trying to fit quite a lot of info in and it doesnt like it when i make the columns smaller even though there's plenty of space. I know it works in theory because i used a config file to do it in FM09...

bugs are prioritised in the late stages of testing. Major ones get fixed (crashes etc) and some less important (often cosmetic ones like this) have to wait for the patch... just the way it is with games development.

I realise this, it just seems so obvious and so easy to fix!! If I noticed it after an hour or so of playing the game, I'm sure a tester must have noticed it at some point, given how often you have to use this part of the screen....and to be fair, this isnt cosmetic. If you have news you need to read, but you miss it because you're not told about it....

Well... it crashed on me. :(.

I played a couple of friendly's. 3d looked sweet! I got to the stage where i thought i'd let my assistant take control of the rest of the friendlies. so he payed a friendly and i got the result through. I thought i'd click to see one of my goals.....

The first time i did this to watch a goal there was a long-ish pause (longer than a minute) but eventually it did play. The second time, it just hung. I went to have a shower in the hope that it would resume, but when i clicked around in it it did the black screen..

It was running like a dream, i downloaded the Strawberry version from Steam. I have to say, i'm one of the biggest FM nuts around and i'm very impressed with what I saw. I have a high-endish PC, (Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 8800 with 320 RAM) and was running on Vista 32 bit. Just wondered if anyone else has come across this.

Assuming i can get this so it doesn't crash...(i'm praying for a release day patch, i have two copies of this game on pre-order!) - failing that im hoping when i install windows 7 everything will be ok *shrugs*. I'll have a look in the bugs forum.. but wanted to say, crash asside, the game was looking hot.

Squad selection screen customisation - great idea but the resizing of columns is almost impossible. I'm trying to fit quite a lot of info in and it doesnt like it when i make the columns smaller even though there's plenty of space. I know it works in theory because i used a config file to do it in FM09...

If you're trying to ensure every column doesn't take up any more space than necessary, you can use the auto-size option.

Archived