The Official Football Manager 2010 DEMO FEEDBACK Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but with one day after i start the game the finance would'nt go to minus anyway... I think this is very strange. The next day after minus -83k i had £1 on balance.. i have never seen anything like this.. hehe

As expected, the tactics creator is mostly a workaround the match engine's mechanics. FM being a game like any else, there's no reason to keep those clouded in shrouds of mystery up to the point where even ardent fans are talking about settings as if they were rumored to do this and that - maybe, hopefully, likely. I urge anybody at SI to go take a look at this

, now.

Other than that, I didn't spend much time with the demo. Not yet. :)

Anyone tried this on a netbook yet? Any chance it'll run? Managed to get FM09 running on my ASUS N10J but had to fudge the screen so it stretched to 1024x768 instead of the native res of 1024x600

plus it was a little slow, not so much doing results and stuff which i would expect, but going from team talk screen to tactics to match screens.

BLACKBURN ROVERS

I Start as Rovers all the time in every version of the game they get a raw deal, IRL with selling RSC and Warnock and not bringing to many players in there is transfer funds left at least £5 milliom but in the game to say they start with no funds what so ever is unreal, can someone from SI please tell me where they get the information from or why they have yet again started Blackburn of like this

BLACKBURN ROVERS

I Start as Rovers all the time in every version of the game they get a raw deal, IRL with selling RSC and Warnock and not bringing to many players in there is transfer funds left at least £5 milliom but in the game to say they start with no funds what so ever is unreal, can someone from SI please tell me where they get the information from or why they have yet again started Blackburn of like this

Go ask the blackburn rovers researcher in the data forum :thup:

it hasnt saved files anywhere (documents/program files) tried saving reinstalling it numerous times but no luck says same thing everytime iv tried so disappointed as im off but still dont think im gonna get this going I downloaded vanilla from mirror by the way

it hasnt saved files anywhere (documents/program files) tried saving reinstalling it numerous times but no luck says same thing everytime iv tried so disappointed as im off but still dont think im gonna get this going I downloaded vanilla from mirror by the way

MMm not sure wot can be up then try downloading strawberry demo see if thats any better maybe

I have no idea if this has been mentioned, but i couldn't go through all those pages to see.

When you click on the Positions, Age, or whatever, it does not put the players in a row from the lowest to the highest, it just makes a random mix, i guess it's a bug.

One thing i've found, When I get a message saying injury updates and it gives you a button to view injury tables it allways takes me to fixtures when clicked, dont know if this has been reported at all. Cracking game though:thup:

First Impressions of the demo, Awesome. Looks like FM10 will be the best ever. I love the tactics creator, so many options and tweeks to make your perfect tacs to suit ur players and style of play. Love the new 3d match graphics too, just watching the net bulge when u score is quality, Two thumbs up from me :D

GJ SI keep it coming :)

The game looks like it will be the best FM ever. There are some minor flaws, but nothing serious (sofar :D) - I think if the release a patch soon after the game has been released it will be absolutely perfect!

So what are there "flaws"? No point in not letting the guys know what they are.

the match engine is so jumpy i've had to revert to 2D - does this mean i need a new laptop in order to use the 3D match engine on FM10??

Try updating your graphics drivers first. If that doesn't solve your problem then you might not have a good enough graphics card to handle the 3D.

Strangely I only have 1/2 a star for 3D performance and was expecting it to be stuttery and crap but it runs very smoothly just like last year. I use 2D Classic anyway.....CAMRAD ftw :thup:

Hi guys

Firstly - I love this demo, everybody involved in making it should be VERY proud of their work, it is the best FM Demo I have ever played. I really do think FM10 will be the best FM of the entire series, even better than FM07 when that first came out

What I want to put to you though, is my experiences with the 3-D view.

I started with Man Utd, and went straight to 3D view, and match speed at its fastest. It was jolty, like a very quick slideshow. So I resorted back to 2D view with the dreaded thought of not being able to run this fantastic 3D view.

Then I started a Southport save. I began in 2D, then I thought I would try 3D, I started at Middle match speed, and again, it was jolty. After about 20mins of match time however, the graphics speeded up to full flow, now looking beautiful on the eye, I speeded the game up to full speed and yes, it kept up with it and looked fantastic again.

I tried the same going back to my Man Utd save, and it started off jolty, but once I kept it in normal speed for about a minute or two, it suddenly got going full pelt again

Is it possible that the match engine just needs to 'warm up', has anyone else experienced this?

Really impressed :thup:

Never got into FM09 (just seemed like an updated '08 imo) however this has clear improvements over both games.

The new ME is brilliant, really impressed by the fluidity and intelligent build up of play, something that i thought had been missing since '07.

Only had a little play around with the tactics creator, but on first glances it looks really impressive.

I have played the demo, and it's great!! It's all..."nicer", and more intuitive.

Something to add:

-David Albelda doesn't count as a (how to say it in english?) player formed in Valencia. In Spain we say "canterano".

-About advices from your staff. One of my men, Villagrasa, says that Valencia have better passeres than Cadiz(for example, but it happens with most teams). But Carcedo says the opposite. It happens with passes, dribblings, and more. I understand that Carcedo can be less qualified to this than Villagrasa, but in those cases, the difference is noticeable.

Congratulations for the game, and keep up the good work!

On the backroom advice section, when they are suggesting you are stronger than a team or better in the air etc. and you then click on tactics, is there supposed to be a follow up action? I dont want to dismiss the advice but if I cant seem to make it go away?

Its probably just me being thick but any light on this would be appreciated.

'Dismiss' in the context of Backroom Advice means 'remove it from the list without any further action' rather than 'disagree with the coach'

Where buttons say 'Squad', 'Tactics', etc. they are just meant to just take you to that screen without committing to any action. Don't worry you are not missing anything.

Some of the advice will have an obvious action button (e.g. 'Remove from List' when the coach suggests that a player shouldn't be on the transfer list), but some, such as the squad strengths and weaknesses will just direct you the most relevant screen to choose your own action.

Hope that makes sense.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this (I did try looking), but last night when playing as Sheff Wed after a couple of weeks, I was greeted with messages as if I'd left the club and rejoined - press conference announcing my return, feedback from staff, training reset etc ... but I hadn't left.

Is this a known bug? Or am I going mad? Or what?

Otherwise, the whole thing looks lovely, plays well and looks to be taking up a lot of my time in the future & thanks for that!

Tom

BLACKBURN ROVERS

£5m? We don't have that irl at all. We sold RSC and Warnock yes, then bought Givet (4.5m), Kalinic (6m), Salgado(free but very high wages), Nzonzi (500k), Chimbonda (1.5m), Di Santo (1m) on loan etc etc, in real life our transfer budget at the moment is 0, big sam had to beg the board to allow him to get Salgado. Also 8m of the RSC money went to the banks because we screwed up so much last year.

PC is fine and should run fm10 comfortably,

setup_fm2010_vanilla_demo file are people using winrar to get this working this is what i did and the set up started says it installed but with errors and cant get a game started my net is so slow gonna take 7 hours + to download gold demo

As expected, the tactics creator is mostly a workaround the match engine's mechanics.

I really think you have missed the point here (sorry if that sounds rude - it's not meant to be!)

- The tactics creator allows you to talk football rather than sliders, which is surely better.

- The small changes are made within the context of your overall framework, hence you get the desired result straight from brain to game without having to translate, or mis-translate.

- Because of the two points above and the fact that major changes can be made within seconds you actually GAIN control, rather than lose it. If you see something wrong on the pitch you can change it almost as fast as you can think it, which means you will be able to react to situations on the fly, rather than being stuck to your preset tactics.

PS: Any reason why tempo settings are completely omitted now from the game?

It's there under advanced settings. Doesn't sound like you spent that long looking around and maybe made a snap judgement based on your preconceptions of the system. I'm not saying that to get at you, I just think you could be missing out if you dismiss the new system as nothing more than 'clouds' over the old system.

Give it some time and I think it will surprise you once you see how it affects your game over a period of time, rather than just a quick poke round the system.

whats wrong with it :s

The shirt numbers I would guess? Unless the Reserves and 1st team are separate in terms of assigned shirt numbers?

Am downloading the demo right now, got a few minutes left and am excited. Hopefully I won't have any problems installing.

Not sure this has already been answered ( i have looked )

In my main squad view i altered the view added some more columns, now when i go to other teams its the same as mine ( which is what i want ) but when i go to the youths / revs it isnt the same and when i go to change the view the one i saved for the main view isnt there.

Do i have to recreate it for each Main, revs, youths ??

Ta

When i started my game one of my coaches suggested RVP nicklas bendtner which i accepted, also he suggested RVP doesnt shoot with power i like both these features.

Will my coaches continue to suggest these in the future or is it just at the start ?

Ta again

Well after a bad start to the demo (it completely froze my system during a match) I absolutly love it:D

The tactics creator is definatly my favourite addition, now I can create a new tactic for every game based on opposition and my starting 11 without tearing my hair out:D

The skin feels nice and fresh, not keen on the dark one but the light one seems great, just taking a bit of time to get used to the UI, took me a bit to get into the game due to that.

All in all great work SI, can't wait for the full game.

How is everyone getting on with the tactics creator? Any general opinions on the ease/difficulty of the game?

I ask because in pre-season I'm enjoying great success. I've destroyed a couple of Italian teams away from home with comparative ease. Love how you can see the change of tempo going from control to attack to overload.

I'm playing as Spurs by the way.

The shirt numbers I would guess? Unless the Reserves and 1st team are separate in terms of assigned shirt numbers?

Am downloading the demo right now, got a few minutes left and am excited. Hopefully I won't have any problems installing.

FM's always assigned numbers to players positions for friendly's regardless of their squad number so I don't think he's on about that

How is everyone getting on with the tactics creator? Any general opinions on the ease/difficulty of the game?

I ask because in pre-season I'm enjoying great success. I've destroyed a couple of Italian teams away from home with comparative ease. Love how you can see the change of tempo going from control to attack to overload.

I'm playing as Spurs by the way.

I think the Italian season starts later than the English one, so your players were probably in much better condition than theirs - they wouldn't have had so much pre-season training.

I've often found this in previous FMs to be the case also.

Archived